PDA

View Full Version : So Glad my faction are not high profile enough to be used.

Vegaman
12-14-2013, 03:15 PM
I remember an honourable man called Devlin who was horrified that his name was being used to encourage players to spend more on this game.
I wonder how the current crop of faction members and leaders feel that they are being honoured in this way?
I would add congrats on being recognised by GREE, but I'd feel very uneasy about impressionable players feeling they have to support their faction as it's named,or hoping their faction will be mentioned one day and therefore spending way more than they normally would.
I feel very uneasy about this type of game promotion and will be sitting this one out.

Merry Christmas to all MW players.

HayeZeus
12-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah I don't think anyone takes the game that seriously. It's just a little respect given to the top factions, which I think is deserved. Although it would have been better served using the top10 from last war IMO.

CJ54
12-14-2013, 03:35 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but that isn't why we did that. We would have had an LTQ in any case, but it's our two year anniversary. We wanted to recognize some people who had been or still currently are part of the game's history, or helped form/ support the game community, or who helped sort out major bugs (without a couple of people on that list, we would probably STILL have the ghost faction issue). A good number of these people don't play anymore, and some of these factions morphed or broke up or no longer exist.

DTA-HOG
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
It's a nice tribute. I'm sure they appreciate it.

jcfox6550
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
I know this is off subject and I apologize for that upfront. CJ I have sent in 2 separate tickets about Gold.

When spending gold to replenish energy it will some time give between 545 and 645 energy points instead of the usually 1000 points.

Vegaman
12-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Ok thanks for your reply. I'll take what you say at face value and hope that is the reason.

K4S
12-14-2013, 04:09 PM
vegaman, I would have to disagree with you. I think it was a good gesture that Gree decided to pay a little tribute to their loyal players and factions. They have to constantly come up with new events and name them somehow anyway. So why not use something that is more relatable...

I'm in a top 150, so I'm not in any of these factions so I don't have a personal claim. However if my faction name was used in an event such as this I wouldn't find it insulting.

Crypt
12-14-2013, 04:11 PM
How did you decide what factions to use cj?

DTA-HOG
12-14-2013, 05:07 PM
How did you decide what factions to use cj?

Dude he just said... They were their from the beginning. Some aren't even together anymore. They are expressing their consideration to the ones that have been here the longest in celebration of the 2yr anniversary

Mr Sunshine
12-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm fine with it, kinda nice seeing the old faction names again. I had to explain who PUN was the other day, lol. Thx CJ

Jhenry02
12-14-2013, 06:59 PM
And me!

I'm important!
But there are many more important people.
The McGurt Marauder 700/85
The JB Jetliner 47/6000
The TrueGemini Tactical Tank (+1 damage for every ally of owner)
The Riptide Riddler (Skill Points x 1.05)
The McDoc Anti-Personnel Mine (owner brings three less allies to battle)
The Ferrmenter (2000/3000, +10%iph boost)
And the Flancraft Carrier needs a revamp.

CJ54
12-14-2013, 07:31 PM
We missed a couple of people due to oversight (most glaringly Rud. I apologize, that was my fault when I was editing the list last week) and having too many people that we wanted to include, so we may very well do something like this again. A lot of people have done things that made the game/community better (many of whom we likely don't even know about yet).

Dude he just said... They were their from the beginning. Some aren't even together anymore. They are expressing their consideration to the ones that have been here the longest in celebration of the 2yr anniversary

Every named faction has been in the top 10 at least once (we would have widened that a little, but it was already a fair number of factions). In cases where it was a name change instead of a total reformation or mashup faction, we only used one of the names (either the new one or the old one).

In some cases for players, we used their forum name or their in-game name or in at least one case an old in-game name.

CJ D
12-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I get what y'all did...but the moffo? That isn't in remembrance of the real moffos is it? The hacker faction that was disbanded? Or was that the mofos? Geez. I cant remember.

Jhenry02
12-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Big time on rud,

Cj54, I'm gonna send you a quick pm. Please consider it.

CJ54
12-14-2013, 07:41 PM
I get what y'all did...but the moffo? That isn't in remembrance of the real moffos is it? The hacker faction that was disbanded? Or was that the mofos? Geez. I cant remember.

I did just admit to a clerical error on my part while editing the initial list >.<

CJ D
12-14-2013, 07:43 PM
I did just admit to a clerical error on my part while editing the initial list >.<

Ahhh. Lol. Just skip the TAR fighter jet in the next one OK?

Zulfiqaar
12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
We need another name the unit event!!!

Kill Joy
12-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Ferr????? Oversight or just a straight out snub.

Vegaman
12-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Hmmmm one of my faction has spent five and a half vaults of gold so far on this one event. Hey Ho. Christmas Cheer.

sraghav42
12-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Nice tribute, but the energy required is insane. Please think about people who like to play this game but do not spend much......

Vegaman
12-15-2013, 05:04 AM
I think CJ i'm going to go back to my first post. Its about 10 vaults of gold to finish this event. Would players really be so eager if they weren't having their ego's inflated. Just seems that with every event you are killing off more and more loyal players who switch off and leave. Surely your profits would be better if you grew the player base and had events with realistic spending amounts.
I agree before its said that people can spend their money as they see fit. But this event has a nasty whiff to it. I hope your conscious is good with this type of product.
I have been a player for over 2 years but i'm finally out of here. I'm deleting my MW app.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

SPWD
12-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Absolutely retarded,I've got two gold accounts,this has made me decide to give one up,and I'm seriously thinking of quitting my main too,it's not a game any more it's stupid and they just keep increasing the requirements,a game that wants you to spend a fortune every month.
The amount they expect us to spend to complete these events every month I could go out and buy a brand new BMW FFS,I'm sad as I enjoy playing but I'm glad in a way as they are forcing me to quit because I WILL NOT spend these amounts and I hope everyone else comes to their senses!

Hondo
12-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Not one VFF?

How in the world did you leave off Ferr's Emperors? They really don't have a snowballs chance in hell.

SPWD
12-15-2013, 05:58 AM
I've got +9 regen and will get around 80k energy in 6 days,just one part takes nearly 400 thousand energy ,you need to look at yourself GREETARDS

Zoltarov
12-15-2013, 06:09 AM
I am honored that they used my name, or at least tried to. They almost wrote it right. Lol.

Generik79
12-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Ferr????? Oversight or just a straight out snub.

Ferr got a player named reward. Just his faction got snubbed and reads tko. Who cares. I hope Ferry adds trading on his name to the list of grievances; I would.

DFI
12-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Vegaman, I don't know you but sorry to hear. I think all of us just need to be disciplined and set our limits. I'm glad I didn't go for four medals in the first event, because that ensured I wldnt be stupid enough to go for all of them.

I think CJ i'm going to go back to my first post. Its about 10 vaults of gold to finish this event. Would players really be so eager if they weren't having their ego's inflated. Just seems that with every event you are killing off more and more loyal players who switch off and leave. Surely your profits would be better if you grew the player base and had events with realistic spending amounts.
I agree before its said that people can spend their money as they see fit. But this event has a nasty whiff to it. I hope your conscious is good with this type of product.
I have been a player for over 2 years but i'm finally out of here. I'm deleting my MW app.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

JCL
12-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Thats what I thought. is VFF even still around?

Master Jeigh
12-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Vegaman, I don't know you but sorry to hear. I think all of us just need to be disciplined and set our limits. I'm glad I didn't go for four medals in the first event, because that ensured I wldnt be stupid enough to go for all of them.

It is, in fact, about personal discipline. Do not blame the game if you spend more than you intend or "want" to. No one has a gun to your head.

On the other hand it may well be that the decision is made a player can never be truly competitive without earning the high powered units that can only be gained by spending more than the player wishes. In that case either leave the game if you can't stand falling behind and do not wish to spend the money, or move to a Faction that is mellower, operates at a loser level, and everyone has fun with the game competing with others at their chosen level of gold usage if any.

Lack of self discipline is a terrible reason to do anything.

SGT Rud
12-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Im honored to have been considered to have a unit named after me, but.... My participation, ideas, helpfulness, and overall contribution to the community is hardly deserving of such distinguishment. (sp). However, would have been nice to think I could have been an infantry unit, just as I was in real life once. I wonder as to what my stats would have been. I carried the M-249 (SAW), would have been neat to see my unit with that too.

Kefa
12-15-2013, 08:59 AM
It's so sad. So many people seem to just hate everything no matter what. I think it's really cool and appears to me as an effort by the company to honor those who have stuck around and made the game's community what it is. I do wish that some of these quests could be completed without mortgaging your house, but that's a different issue. Giving out units that pay homage to players who have made a name in the game isn't something you'd likely see in other games. I'm sure that as time goes on they'll continue to add more.

Thief
12-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Thats what I thought. is VFF even still around?

Nope They are only a figment of your imagination.....Don't pay any attention to us please :D

On a serious note I though the idea was awesome! I really did. Its a great way to give some recognition and to have fun. I tend to agree however with Vegaman in the sense that this went a bit overboard. When a single event that is supposed to be fun and bring the community together costs 6-7 Vaults its rather frustrating to have to say I can't collect the units named after friends because I simply can't afford them. As its been stated hundreds of time we all have our own ability to spend on this game but I've already seen so many people quit lately because the costs just keep going on up this game.

lemonhaze
12-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Nope They are only a figment of your imagination.....Don't pay any attention to us please :D

On a serious note I though the idea was awesome! I really did. Its a great way to give some recognition and to have fun. I tend to agree however with Vegaman in the sense that this went a bit overboard. When a single event that is supposed to be fun and bring the community together costs 6-7 Vaults its rather frustrating to have to say I can't collect the units named after friends because I simply can't afford them. As its been stated hundreds of time we all have our own ability to spend on this game but I've already seen so many people quit lately because the costs just keep going on up this game.couldnt have said it better my self..idk how anyone can afford to do ever event they have this month to get that 300k unit..its gonna cost around 3grand(my estimate) to get those..not sure why gree is trying to destroy the game that we all love so much..the costs will contiune to raise as we as players dont do nothing to stop gree..how do we do that? well when the money is cut down to a halt on them they they will hear our crys and pleas..i just wonder how long that will be before everone decides to make a stand..maybe never but then again if nothing changes nothing changes and prices will contiune to soar..just like the wins u get from WD was 1000, then 1200 and last was 1500..this one will be 2000 or 2500 bc they know alot wants that 330k unit..give it a month or so and they will be even better unit then 330k

SPWD
12-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Exactly lemonhaze,we ALL NEED to make a stand ASAP or it will end very soon,you big guys have seen the rise in stats which render your expensive units from the past useless which has obviously annoyed a lot of people,but we're won by nowhere near this kind of energy .
The energy required is not increasing a little,it's that high it's forcing people to quit,including myself,this pissed me off enough to get rid of my second gold account and like a lot of other people I'm only still here because of my faction with my main,when are they going to wake up,or have they decided this is THE END.

SPWD
12-15-2013, 01:00 PM
And the silence is deafening yet again!

KingDante!
12-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Gree is trying to sell the novelty of having units named after factions and players for an extremely elevated price.

They did the same thing when they introduced the "Devin" unit. That LTQ cost an irrational amount of gold to complete as well.

SPWD
12-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Yep I thought of that one earlier,when everyone stopped when Devin said it was craop lol,be nice to see the energy requirements of the old ltqs

Thief
12-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Gree is trying to sell the novelty of having units named after factions and players for an extremely elevated price.

They did the same thing when they introduced the "Devin" unit. That LTQ cost an irrational amount of gold to complete as well.

Yes i was even looking at how much money i would need to spend just to get units named after my friends. Then i realize i still will have to spend 2-4 Vaults to get units that are mediocre and don't have bonuses....Sigh.

12-16-2013, 08:19 AM
I am proud to hqve a global strike force unit I just wish it was in my top 45 for every one to see when they hit me

12-16-2013, 08:20 AM
The event cost alot but its a huge stat jump as well

lemonhaze
12-16-2013, 08:32 AM
The event cost alot but its a huge stat jump as well i dont think any amt of stat jump is worth 800$..even if they had a unit wit my name on it,but that is just my opinion

Ghost-12
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM
On a serious note I though the idea was awesome! I really did. Its a great way to give some recognition and to have fun. I tend to agree however with Vegaman in the sense that this went a bit overboard. When a single event that is supposed to be fun and bring the community together costs 6-7 Vaults its rather frustrating to have to say I can't collect the units named after friends because I simply can't afford them. As its been stated hundreds of time we all have our own ability to spend on this game but I've already seen so many people quit lately because the costs just keep going on up this game.

Exactly! Its supposed to be a Fun event for the members to come together in one way or another, BUT with this ridiculous amount of Gold required is just Crazy!
I hate to see what`s in store for us Next year 2014.
I calculated that on 5.5 days I can get around 40k energy
(lvng up once and only 5 regen per minute) while going free.
adding another 40K/50k with gold would still not do much to complete this event.
The Idea behind it was great "collect all units with Senior players name on them",
some your friends and others you see a lot here on the forum, unfortunately not
going to happen, at least not for me...

partcrash
12-16-2013, 10:23 AM
I remember an honourable man called Devlin who was horrified that his name was being used to encourage players to spend more on this game.
I wonder how the current crop of faction members and leaders feel that they are being honoured in this way?
I would add congrats on being recognised by GREE, but I'd feel very uneasy about impressionable players feeling they have to support their faction as it's named,or hoping their faction will be mentioned one day and therefore spending way more than they normally would.
I feel very uneasy about this type of game promotion and will be sitting this one out.

Merry Christmas to all MW players.

i think gree naming units after top factions is absolutely hilarious and a nod to the people that allow the game to "keep the doors open err.. servers up"...

in my mind it is a nice touch and shows some respect.

Cow
12-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Just remember why this post was started. Devin used to give the run through on the LTQ. They made a unit for him, but it was so out of reach for most that he posted to not do it and was totally disgusted. Very similar to this exact case....