PDA

View Full Version : Possible Raid Boss?

Thief
12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
New Part Raid Boss

A Faction Event that allows Officers to Summon Raid Bosses using Tokens (*New item). A Raid Boss is very Similar to the regular Boss event However you can Summon different Levels of Raid Bosses. The higher the level you summon the more toekns it will cost to summon and the more health it will have...but the prizes get better as well. It also appears to be possible to summon more than one raid boss at a time if they are different levels.

*Tokens appear randomly when doing Missions, attacking players, or raiding buildings.

The Raid Boss once summoned will be up for 2 hours to defeat (although reports from KA is sometimes the time up could be as short as 15 min). Everyone in the faction can fight the raid boss and do a certain amount of damage in order to qualify for prizes (I assume that damage is determined as a percentage of the total health of the boss)

When you Fight a Raid Boss you will have 2 options to hit the boss. 1 will be Normal Attack that is equivalant to doing a cash hit on the Epic Boss and one is a Power Attack that is equivalant to doing 5x normal hits (but requires you to have 100 health). One big difference between the Raid Boss and the Epic Boss is that you CAN'T USE THE 2 HIT METHOD. In this sense it acts just like it does in WD events in that you need 25 health to get one hit in. Having 26 health won't give you the opportunity to hit the boss 2x.

Everyone who does the Minimum damage required to a raid boss will earn a prize. Once the Raid boss has been summoned check the Leaderboard to see what the minimum damage requirement on that boss is (as well as how much damage you have already done). If you don't meet the minimum requirement you won't get the prize (This will require a team effort to be rewarded). At the same time if someone defeats the boss on their own or too quickly then no one else in the faction can benefit from the prizes.

After a raid boss is defeated, you can check the history to see the leaderboard for the boss and what prize you earned.

In addition i expect we will see a LTQ Raid Boss as well with Normal and Prestige Mode:

Thief
12-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Reserved for more infor. I will be traveling for a few hours.

camper killer
12-14-2013, 11:26 AM
with the new NPC's that are loaded i have a feeling this will be related to the faction named NPCs.

ploop
12-14-2013, 11:28 AM
thief, for CC it is always 2 hours

ugaguard
12-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Has this been confirmed yet

Blade of 3
12-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Will the health for the raid boss be the same for everyone or will it be easier for lower levels like for the epic boss?

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Will the health for the raid boss be the same for everyone or will it be easier for lower levels like for the epic boss?

It is the same for everyone because everyone is attacking the same boss at same time. So no it will not be easier for low levels like the epic boss. Raid bosses vary in strength. You can summon weak bosses or strong bosses. To progress through faction goals you must complete bosses of progressively harder strength. Stronger bosses yield loot drops with higher attack/defense. Attack strength is the only thing that matters, player level has no effect in this event. As Thief mentioned, you only receive a loot drop for a boss, if you contribute a minimum level (increases with boss difficulty)of damage before boss is defeated.

So if you have a team low level, low stat players you will not progress very far in this event.

DaBoss!
12-14-2013, 12:30 PM
It is the same for everyone because everyone is attacking the same boss at same time. So no it will not be easier for low levels like the epic boss. Raid bosses vary in strength. You can summon weak bosses or strong bosses. To progress through faction goals you must complete bosses of progressively harder strength. Stronger bosses yield loot drops with higher attack/defense. Attack strength is the only thing that matters, player level has no effect in this event.

So if you have a team low level, low stat players you will not progress very far in this event.

Finally, High level players are not being screwed around by Gree

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Lol. Yes, but don't get too excited. You haven't seen the strength level on the high level bosses yet. It will be in the billions or more! Unless you have a team of all uber stat players, to complete the faction goals and defeat all 100 bosses, players will have to use gold and a fair amount of it.

If you have a team of high stat gold players, then you will be ok.

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 12:36 PM
But as for the suspicion that today's new event will be a raid boss. Doubt it. I haven't seen any tokens yet. Anyone?

ploop
12-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Lol. Yes, but don't get too excited. You haven't seen the strength level on the high level bosses yet. It will be in the billions or more! Unless you have a team of all uber stat players, to complete the faction goals and defeat all 100 bosses, players will have to use gold and a fair amount of it.

If you have a team of high stat gold players, then you will be ok.

It isn't billions. The most is about 800 million. and you get the option to attack or power attack. lemme see if i can find the stats

Generik79
12-14-2013, 12:37 PM
We have no idea if this event is raid boss, pvp, mix, ltq, new who's who npcs, or if there even will be an event. The only thing we know is it will be glitchy (messed up)! Anything else is pure speculation.

UPDATE: Already a mess. Event date moved to start tomorrow...holiday huntdowns showing 2 extra hours before but calendar now shows that through 12/15 as well....

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 12:46 PM
It isn't billions. The most is about 800 million. and you get the option to attack or power attack. lemme see if i can find the stats

I'm pretty sure you are basing that 800 million off of CC. That's fine but I fully expect the bosses to have higher health in MW.

Generik79
12-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you are basing that 800 million off of CC. That's fine but I fully expect the bosses to have higher health in MW.

He is, and he is clueless. It will be far into billions in MW.

Boss 100 for individual event was 956 mm last Boss. So...lol

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 12:53 PM
One final note on raid bosses:

Use your tokens wisely. Yes, they are only good for one event and then it starts over for the next but the likelihood of a shortage of tokens will exist. You don't want to put yourself in a position to have to buy tokens!

GREE will love it if you have to purchase them.

ploop
12-14-2013, 02:27 PM

so, it is all you've got. Work with it

He is, and he is clueless. It will be far into billions in MW.

Boss 100 for individual event was 956 mm last Boss. So...lol

Got a problem with me basing it. Huh? It is all you have. You aren't always right. Don't even have to assume everything you think is correct. The boss health is probably based on higher levels... so don't get ahead of yourself.

Judas Goat
12-14-2013, 02:43 PM

You're right, EVERYONE is being what you said!!!

Evil Mastermind
12-14-2013, 03:10 PM
You're right, EVERYONE is being what you said!!!

So why after 6 months, did you decide to come back to the forum?

John 719166364
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Much appreciated

warrends
12-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Fantastic guide to how raid bosses work in the CC forums:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73248-An-illustrated-guide-to-raid-bosses/

Says it all. As was said before (I play all 3 games, unfortunately):
1) In CC all raid bosses have been 2 hour kills. No health regen bonuses in CC at all.
2) In KA some missions require kills within 15 minutes. A few health regen bonuses in CC.
3) I fully expect the MW raid bosses to be a LOT more difficult than in either of the other two games. Or at least for there to be many more mission levels, and many more 15-minute-kills or something similar. Why? MW is packed with health regen. In CC and KA I have no bonuses whatsoever. So full regen is still 1:40, or another hit every 25 minutes. In MW I fully regen my health in 43 minutes. And, while that is good, I know of many players who have much better regen times. Since bosses of all kinds come down to attack (RAW attack --- no bonuses whatsoever!!) and health regen, I expect the MW raid boss missions and boss health to be much higher in general than in either of the other two games.

One other note: In CC we're in the middle of a raid boss event right now. We collect "Uzis" as tokens to summon the bosses. But GREE has made the drop rate for Uzis so incredibly low that few if any syndicates will be able to get very far. So there's a lot of horse-trading going on: Uzis for money or bricks or whatever. If this event is supposed to start in a day or so, it simply can't. Every faction will need hundreds, if not thousands, of "tokens" (whatever MW will call them). They get collected for several weeks prior to the event. MW hasn't yet enabled that. Only other option is that, for the second raid boss event in KA, they just magically gave every players several hundred orbs (tokens in KA) and we didn't have to hunt them down. Possible this may happen in MW.

OK. One last note: In CC there are three raid boss mission threads: Easy, Normal and Elite modes. Just like in the various LTQs, they do overlap. Be very careful, monitor these forums for those overlaps. Post any that you see. This saves a lot of time, effort, and, possibly most important, tokens, if we are all running short.

jrb22250
12-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Are token dropping yet? I am yet to see anything