PDA

View Full Version : How is attacking strength decided?

GammaPoint
08-23-2011, 11:02 PM
From glancing over the forums, it seems as though for each mafia member you get 1 melee, 1 normal weapon, 1 armor, and 1 vehicle to use in an attack. But then what happens to A/D upgrade points as well as defense buildings? Do these numbers simply add with those from the mafia members and their weapons, or is there a multiplicative factor in there somewhere?

Thanks. I know this is basic, but I just started.

Sphinx
08-24-2011, 01:25 AM
There's nothing that states exactly how the formula works but this is what I know for now ...

Values :

Mafia Members (5 x lvl) with the best weapons available for attack (melee + gun) + armor with the best attack + vehicles with the best attack = X (Total Mafia Attack)

Mafia Members (5 x lvl) with the best weapons available for defense (melee+ gun) + armor with the best defense + vehicles with the best defense = Y (Total Mafia Defense)

Total Defense from Buildings = Z

Attack Skill = A
Defense Skill = B
Random % = C (not much information about that, just have the confirmation that there is indeed a "luck" value in the attack formula)

The formula :

( X(1-C) + (%A) ) - ( Y(1-C)+Z+(%B) )

It might be more complex , but it gives you an idea of what you're up against ... so for example let's use this :

Player A :

Attack : 30
Defense : Doesn't matter
Equipment : Worth of 1000 Attack spread equally in melee , guns , armors and vehicles

Player B

Attack : Doesn't matter
Defense : 25
Equipment : Worth of 900 Defense spread equally in melee , guns , armors and vehicles

( 1000 x 0,80 + 5*30 ) - ( 900 x 1,10 + 5*25 + 200 )

You get 950 Attack VS 1315 Defense

This is from game admin Mark :

Here is how attack and defense are applied in combat:

Step one, determine if attacking or defending.
Step two, calculate mafia.
Step three, each mafia member is given a weapon, and armor, and a vehicle if available.
Step four, apply the boost of relevant skill (a/d).
Final step, attacker and defender are given a random percentage boost or penalty.

Based on this , it seems my calculation could be something possible, although it could also be way different, but I base my attacks on that and don't lose very often (Unless I get a very bad penalty and the opposite has a very huge boost). I usually attack people with easily 500+ less defense than my attack

I hope it helps

It would be very great to have the real formula :P

Crime City Mark
08-24-2011, 03:19 PM
That's certainly a possible formula. Can't give out the secret recipe though. ;)

Sphinx
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I used to like you Mark ... :P

madawgg
08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
i came to the same conclusion with sphinx, and i also based my postulation upon mark's suggestions. it seems i can attack ppl as high as 400+ points above me and have a 4+ winning streak. Once i attacked a guy with 600+ more points and won (i didnt intend to do that, it was a misclicking lol). but i would say 200-300 is definitely a safe range. however, one thing i have been worrying about recently is that ppl r getting way too many defense points. i often c ppl with 500+ more defense than attack. that kind worries me

DitkaJeff
08-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Need more help on SKILL BOOST ...
Say I am going to attack...
I am level 10 player with 6 skill points on attack...
I have max 50 mafia and their items (Melee, Gun, Armor, Vehicles) [utilizing the highest attack value, and, when there is a tie, utilizes the cheapest item first..LOOT items being free] add up to max of 200 attack..
-2 questions..
1) When i look at my own profile, stats, shows only 190 mafia attack. How did I lose 10 attack? I am level 10 player. Does your level get subtracted from max possible mafia attack?
2) How does my ATTACK SKILL 6 effect my max possible mafia attack 200??

HALPS!!

madawgg
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
@dit
ur maximum attack points r not calculated in that way...if u read sphinx's post, u can understand it quite well. ur attack points r the sum of all the attack points of ur top weapons u can possibly carry. And ur carrying capacity is determined by ur lvl. so say u r at lvl 10, then u have 10*5=50 mobsters. Thats all u have. then u have probably 150 items including melee, gun, and armor. maybe some cars as well, but since u r lvl 10, i kind doubt it. anyways, ur 150 items, maybe even less, gives u 190 points. and for ur last question, for now, what i think they just add certain percentage to ur attack points. I dont know how much it adds...that remains a mystery

Jordan
05-28-2012, 09:44 PM
you all are missing the biggest part that most are missing in this game explosions i see so many members with 500 mob members but only 2000 item used in a fight i have 500 mob and 2500 items used in a fight and i win most of my fights just my take on it

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 10:37 PM
There's nothing that states exactly how the formula works but this is what I know for now ...

Values :

Mafia Members (5 x lvl) with the best weapons available for attack (melee + gun) + armor with the best attack + vehicles with the best attack = X (Total Mafia Attack)

Mafia Members (5 x lvl) with the best weapons available for defense (melee+ gun) + armor with the best defense + vehicles with the best defense = Y (Total Mafia Defense)

Total Defense from Buildings = Z

Attack Skill = A
Defense Skill = B
Random % = C (not much information about that, just have the confirmation that there is indeed a "luck" value in the attack formula)

The formula :

( X(1-C) + (%A) ) - ( Y(1-C)+Z+(%B) )

It might be more complex , but it gives you an idea of what you're up against ... so for example let's use this :

Player A :

Attack : 30
Defense : Doesn't matter
Equipment : Worth of 1000 Attack spread equally in melee , guns , armors and vehicles

Player B

Attack : Doesn't matter
Defense : 25
Equipment : Worth of 900 Defense spread equally in melee , guns , armors and vehicles

( 1000 x 0,80 + 5*30 ) - ( 900 x 1,10 + 5*25 + 200 )

You get 950 Attack VS 1315 Defense

This is from game admin Mark :

Here is how attack and defense are applied in combat:

Step one, determine if attacking or defending.
Step two, calculate mafia.
Step three, each mafia member is given a weapon, and armor, and a vehicle if available.
Step four, apply the boost of relevant skill (a/d).
Final step, attacker and defender are given a random percentage boost or penalty.

Based on this , it seems my calculation could be something possible, although it could also be way different, but I base my attacks on that and don't lose very often (Unless I get a very bad penalty and the opposite has a very huge boost). I usually attack people with easily 500+ less defense than my attack

I hope it helps

It would be very great to have the real formula :P

This formula kills the argument that defense buildings are worthless. Thank you.