PDA

View Full Version : [Boss Collection] The Winter Kings

The Wise One
12-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello!

Defeat the Kings of Wintry Lore and craft their respective Boss armors to earn Limited Edition Rewards! Craft and Keep the Boss armors in your possession to redeem the rewards during the redemption period.

[Discuss] The Winter Kings Boss Collection (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?71419-Night-Watcher-Boss-Collection!-Craft-and-Keep-your-armors!)

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/869ba9fd-e22d-4ab7-b283-47802f225ef1_zpsb45eb87d.png?t=1386970511

Sifu
12-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Jack frost is the first in this series and not the snowman, correct?

jorylangdon13
12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Is my game bugging out, or did they just lower the stats on my knights? I am close to maxing my main 3 and i was at about 1400 att and def, but i just logged back in about an hour later and it dropped about 350 points on all my knights!

What's going on??

knightsanddraggings
12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Is my game bugging out, or did they just lower the stats on my knights? I am close to maxing my main 3 and i was at about 1400 att and def, but i just logged back in about an hour later and it dropped about 350 points on all my knights!

What's going on??
Kicked from guild, demoted, etc.

Sarah 101
12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
If the boss drope potion game freeze and we lose ^_^
Your problem with potion
http://i.imgur.com/eqF3j7x.jpg
Good luck

Sarah 101
12-13-2013, 05:12 PM
If that happened to guys don't close the game fast , wait 5 minutes then close the game ^_^

Oxilated
12-13-2013, 08:30 PM

What's going on??

you must have been kicked out of the guild or demoted.

Jack frost is the first in this series and not the snowman, correct?
Yes, Jack frost is the first

cool-extreme
12-14-2013, 10:27 AM
it's my mistake or rendem period is the same week of third boss????
if it's will be hard and not for mutch player

BigBabyBuddha
12-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Does it include the 1st or do they have to be in inventory by midnight on the 1st?

cool-extreme
12-15-2013, 10:32 AM
But is or not like i sayd???

firefly333
12-15-2013, 10:54 AM
it's my mistake or rendem period is the same week of third boss????
if it's will be hard and not for mutch player

Everyone I know who got the Haloween prize gemmed to get it done in time

Just to make it worse, there was a war going on at the same time so if you were saving up armors to level up a war prize at the end of war, impossible to do.

cool-extreme
12-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Everyone I know who got the Haloween prize gemmed to get it done in time

Just to make it worse, there was a war going on at the same time so if you were saving up armors to level up a war prize at the end of war, impossible to do.

With ancient dragon the reward was black kale+ it wasn't like that
They give one week after last boss

firefly333
12-15-2013, 11:07 AM
With ancient dragon the reward was black kale+ it wasn't like that
They give one week after last boss

I think gree discovered this was a way to get people to buy gems? Now if its a good reward you will have to gem or be very very good, like getting up during the night to get to that plus on the last epic boss in time.

I think its pretty hard to get it in time.

Bluntman
12-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Gree makes this one more difficult for newer players. This is a very easy challenge especially with all of the fusion fodder you get from the arena. Gems won't be necessary you just have to be ready for the last week, if you craft the EB on the night he comes out it'll give you about 16 hours or so to get the non+ to lvl 35 which is easy

BUBER
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Ancient Dragons I was just starting the game. Last collection I got the cape without spending gems, just made sure to have enough material to almost instantly get non+ to lvl35 (1742 EP) and then just after reaching EB 43 crafted +, redeemed cape like 1 hour before time ran out. So doable for active ppl, even F2P...

Eljun
12-16-2013, 11:10 AM
This jack frost is more stronger than the snowman right? I am able to reach level 43 but this time 38 and already using 5 knights and the recovery time to defeat it. Then I think i will not be able to complete the EB+ rewards :(

The Chosen One
12-17-2013, 01:21 PM
I have to say that this boss is definitely stronger! I am currently at 54 kills and couldn't beat him on first attempt. Had to recharge a little and send in 2 guys to finish him. I am using Aegis of the Wyvern+, Witch's Robes+, & Aegis of the Dragon+ all maxed so it seems that I would have a hard time being stronger unless I also had tectonic+ maxed, so I dunno.....definitely stronger. Also I killed the last 2 bosses 60 times a piece no problem.

Bajala
12-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi
Do I need the normal armors in order to collect the first 3 keys or the plus versions will be enough to get the 3 keys and 5 keys plus armor?

firefly333
12-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi
Do I need the normal armors in order to collect the first 3 keys or the plus versions will be enough to get the 3 keys and 5 keys plus armor?

I've been told you just need the plus armors, though I have not had the nerve to try it out myself.

bosskiller
12-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi

You don't need normal armors if you have the +.

Bajala
12-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks a lot! :-)
I am not sure what I was thinking when I used the normal for a combine. :-/

tttoo
12-20-2013, 04:17 PM
The next epic boss is Glacius, air/earth. Pointless if you can get the Dragon Aegis.

ZERO_07
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
The next epic boss is Glacius, air/earth. Pointless if you can get the Dragon Aegis.
Well with the sudden stat power creep that happened it probably won't be very far off from AoD+, not to mention the helmet looks a lot better than AoD.

EljayK
12-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Daegis+ is 2715, current boss is 2651. Daegis+ is only 64 points behind. Last week stats jumped up 29 points. So Daegis+ will still be better. But it will actually depend on if you want higher defense or higher attack. Depending on stat arrangement of Glacius Shroud

ZERO_07
12-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Yea like I said not very far off now. And i'm hoping it's an Attack type since Witch is Balanced and Dragon is Defensive

tttoo
12-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Daegis+ is 2715, current boss is 2651. Daegis+ is only 64 points behind. Last week stats jumped up 29 points. So Daegis+ will still be better. But it will actually depend on if you want higher defense or higher attack. Depending on stat arrangement of Glacius Shroud

Its armor starts at 498/498, as balanced as the witch. Its stat of plus version may exceeds that of aod.

Dianish
12-20-2013, 09:53 PM

How can it be pointless when its still needed for the collection event?

Oxilated
12-20-2013, 09:57 PM
weve been complaining how earth/air is rare, now you are given 2 earth air in a day and you are calling it pointless

now we have Dr. Aegis, Witch, Spartan, Glacius
wait for epic earth/air

Dianish
12-20-2013, 10:21 PM
So many bad changes... Doesnt make sense unless Gree are trying to make us all quit the game. F2p should still be able to compete wit hthe current content - Milking the cow more doesnt help.

Lou 1xxx
12-20-2013, 10:22 PM
maybe next war will be epic earth air... that seems to be gree's trend....

AmericanReaper
12-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Will the third epic boss spawn or do you have to use the spawning stone to get the mats to create his armor

SkySD
12-22-2013, 08:00 AM
It will spawn after Krampus ends.

Ells
12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Newbie here. If I summon a boss to participate in this event, how long will it stick around for? Will I have requisite time to recharge my battle meter as needed as I progress through the boss' levels, or would I be required to buy sufficient battle points to accomplish the task? Thanks in advance for your time and effort responding!

Ells
12-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Newbie here. If I summon a boss to participate in this event, how long will it stick around for? Will I have requisite time to recharge my battle meter as needed as I progress through the boss' levels, or would I be required to buy sufficient battle points to accomplish the task? Thanks in advance for your time and effort responding!

Oxilated
12-22-2013, 11:26 PM
a summon is only good for 1 kill, after you kill it, it would disappear

Ells
12-22-2013, 11:56 PM
So I would have to summon and spend gems 15 times towards obtaining craftable armor? 11 gems/summons x 15 summons = 161 gems total. Wouldn't I be better off spending gems on chests?

Loose-End
12-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Each summon gets you 2 materials, and to be elegible to attain the 8 event keys and Aegis of the Dragon+ you need to summon this boss, the one before it, and the one after it, and craft both the regular and the + version of the armours.
If you were here before the event started, you'd be able to obtain all the relevant armours, each boss lasts 6 or 7 days I believe, so there was plenty of time for each boss.

If you want to be elegible for all of the winter kings boss collection rewards then sure spend gems on jack frost to get 50 materials, then again for another 50 materials in order for the + version, and krampus too, and glacius too in the next few days, but in my opinion it's probably too late now to get all of the relevant armours crafted in time so you should probably just save your gems.

In my opinion chests are not worth buying unless the odds are 4x chance or 5x chance of epic & legendary, but even then all the epics seem to be becoming fusable so unless you're lucky enough to obtain a + version of an epic from a chest you should probably wait till you have enough 4* armours and fuse them in the hope of an epic, and save your gems or if you are desperate for an epic+ from a chest then you'd better have a lot of gems and good luck on your side, but even then I would just wait for this winter chest, because you will be able to use gems to open it.

Ells
12-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks so much for response and clarification. I've never done a regular summons (which doesn't appear worthwhile), and was unsure about the whole gem cost thing for this special event and, what exactly, was involved towards attaining the reward(s). I've missed out, but I'll get it next time (assuming I can muster the friends to get to +). Again, thanks!

Loose-End
12-23-2013, 01:05 AM
No problem =) Oh and I forgot to say that if you have just the regular versions of all 3 armours, you will receive 3 winter chest keys, but not the aegis+ or the extra 5.

Ells
12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah, that was essentially the crux of my dilemma. Have won and crafted Vesture of Frost regular and materials for Krampus regular (and am still climbing towards +). First, it was unclear to me whether I had to obtain Abominable Snowman materials, and then it was a question of gem cost to go back and get Vesture of Frost+. It seems I don't need Abominable; Glacious is coming and I'll get it when it does, but you've helped me determine gem cost to summon Frost to get Vesture+ materials isn't justified. I'll be happy with 3 keys! :)

Since you've been so helpful, a couple of different subject questions?

1. When I defeat a monster and it drops XP icons, if I don't tap on them before they twinkle out, do I lose them?
2. When using fusion stones, I've read the process never results in a + armor. Is this true?
3. So far, I've only obtained a total of 2 regular, non-craftable armors, Monks Vestments and Flowstone Battlegear (and I already kind of regret the expense of leveling Monks Vestments to 30!). Am I doing something wrong? Where's the armor?

Again, much appreciation for your time!
Ells.

Loose-End
12-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah, that was essentially the crux of my dilemma. Have won and crafted Vesture of Frost regular and materials for Krampus regular (and am still climbing towards +). First, it was unclear to me whether I had to obtain Abominable Snowman materials, and then it was a question of gem cost to go back and get Vesture of Frost+. It seems I don't need Abominable; Glacious is coming and I'll get it when it does, but you've helped me determine gem cost to summon Frost to get Vesture+ materials isn't justified. I'll be happy with 3 keys! :)

1. When I defeat a monster and it drops XP icons, if I don't tap on them before they twinkle out, do I lose them?
2. When using fusion stones, I've read the process never results in a + armor. Is this true?
3. So far, I've only obtained a total of 2 regular, non-craftable armors, Monks Vestments and Flowstone Battlegear (and I already kind of regret the expense of leveling Monks Vestments to 30!). Am I doing something wrong? Where's the armor?

Ells.

Hey =)

-You don't lose out on the exp at least I don't believe you lose out on any anyway,

-I've never seen a + from fusion, I believe + versions are only from chests and rewards but only regular is available through fusion.

-I'm not 100% sure what you are asking with this last question but fusion is all based on luck. If you're attempting to fuse for e.g. epic armour, you have massively better odds by using 2x 4* armours rather than 2x3* or 2x2* armours. Fusion is all based on luck, and it seems that un-craftable armours are a lot rarer to fuse than craftable armours.
Of course there are recipes and odds to bear in mind, so fusing for example a basic water and basic spirit armour will very likely result in a wavecharmer's mantle rather than a blackfrost(4*) or any other armour because there is no other 1* armour that exists which is both water and spirit, and that the chances are so slight that it is hugely unlikely to fuse anything that much higher rank etc, therefore the uncraftable is fused. I also believe they are in the process of re-balancing fusion combines at the moment too, looking at all the rumours.

Hope this is clear, or helps, if it isn't hugely clear then I apologise!

firefly333
12-23-2013, 10:04 AM

Ells.

My experience is if you dont pick up the XPs before they twinkle and dissapear, you lose them. Gotta pick them up. I tend to daydream and not pick them up sometimes in time.

You cant fuse a plus armor, only nonplus from my experience.

Be careful what you pick to level up. The boss armors are probably better than monks vestments. I use my boss armors to try fusing for epics ....one blaze so far, thats it, so the odds seem slim since Ive fused and fused since I started this game a long time ago. (back when it was new). So your odds to fuse a epic arent great, but at least possible so try try and try again for me. I try and read what others fused to get a certain epic and try that first.

bosskiller
12-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I saw someone from DK with the glacius armor (summoning stone?? Waste of money!) and it was 2100/2100...... looks like it IS better than aegis+.

EljayK
12-23-2013, 12:06 PM
2100/2100 would make it the best armor in the game ever? o.0

total stats of 4200?

Oxilated
12-23-2013, 12:11 PM
2100/2100 would make it the best armor in the game ever? o.0

total stats of 4200?
yes, it is 2102/2102 on his main knight, who knows how many boost does it have. its dk anyways
dk aslan, somewhere in the 40-60 in android. wearing kerstman on MK on arena but when you go on it, it will be glacius on adventure

ZERO_07
12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TBOw0dX.jpg

1376/1376 base Stats, so it is stronger than Aegis of the Dragon+

firefly333
12-23-2013, 01:25 PM
yes, it is 2102/2102 on his main knight, who knows how many boost does it have. its dk anyways
dk aslan, somewhere in the 40-60 in android. wearing kerstman on MK on arena but when you go on it, it will be glacius on adventure

HC boost plus all elements to 10% now except earth.

Oxilated
12-23-2013, 02:45 PM
1376/1376 base Stats, so it is stronger than Aegis of the Dragon+

so you are telling me that glacius+ is stronger than regular moontide?

glacius+ 1376/1376 = 2752
moon 1434/1287 = 2721

and you dont need to level it up from 71-99
WIN!!!

ZERO_07
12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
so you are telling me that glacius+ is stronger than regular moontide?

glacius+ 1376/1376 = 2752
moon 1434/1287 = 2721

and you dont need to level it up from 71-99
WIN!!!
Not to mention Earth/Air is one of the better combos in the game and Spirit/Water is easily on of the worst.

Oxilated
12-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Not to mention Earth/Air is one of the better combos in the game and Spirit/Water is easily on of the worst.
and then suddenly, everyone with winter keys gets earth/spirit epic+

Sarah 101
12-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Correct ^_^

Ells
12-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I was afraid so about XP icons. I had just finally battled through Misty Marsh Valor stage with help from 2 friends and the phone rang. I looked back to the game too late as the icons twinkled away. Dang, at my level I needed those XPs! Was the whole point. At least I got the Wriggling Roots.

I'm not even thinking Legendary/Epic, yet. I was hoping for some 2 star+ worth enhancing. Guess that doesn't happen.

I'm having a hard time seeing the point of putting forth the effort and expense of fusing regular armors as opposed to waiting until I come across a worth-it plus to enhance?

What am I missing?

Lou 1xxx
12-23-2013, 07:41 PM
don't worry about the exp too much, because after you reach 100, you're not gonna do anything with exp anymore...

maxing armors, you need to start somewhere, unless you bought too much 40 chest with 3x chance on epics....

just start on what's good for current boss (or next boss) spirit or earth armor...

fusing 3star armors for a chance at some worth it 4 star is good once in a while... but currently you're good with epic boss armors / armors+ when you can get them...

start somewhere, one step at a time...

StMichael
12-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks so much for response and clarification. I've never done a regular summons (which doesn't appear worthwhile), and was unsure about the whole gem cost thing for this special event and, what exactly, was involved towards attaining the reward(s). I've missed out, but I'll get it next time (assuming I can muster the friends to get to +). Again, thanks!

Just to add on, how strong are those bosses that are summoned from the summoning stone? Are they as strong as the "next" level you are fighting, or do they start from "Level 1" and progress from there?

King Of The Infernal
12-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Just to add on, how strong are those bosses that are summoned from the summoning stone? Are they as strong as the "next" level you are fighting, or do they start from "Level 1" and progress from there?

All Epic boss summoned are at level one

StMichael
12-23-2013, 09:46 PM
All Epic boss summoned are at level one

And they stay at Level 1 each time you summon?

Dianish
12-23-2013, 09:50 PM
And they stay at Level 1 each time you summon?

11 or 30 gems everytime you summon a boss. Will always be a lvl 1 ecach time.

Lou 1xxx
12-23-2013, 09:56 PM
generally 1 hit, and 2 raw mat drops for 30gems...
wait for next week, it might go as low as 11 gems...

StMichael
12-23-2013, 10:48 PM
11 or 30 gems everytime you summon a boss. Will always be a lvl 1 ecach time.

generally 1 hit, and 2 raw mat drops for 30gems...
wait for next week, it might go as low as 11 gems...

Thank you!

Lucious WBB-FZY-DGM
12-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Are you sure that you don't get the experience points from defeating enemies unless you manually pick them up? It seems to me like you do and that manual pickup just speeds things up. Certainly the visual makes me think you do. It is easy to confirm that you do get the materials even if you don't pick them up (not just the more rare ones that they tell you about, but the basics as well - just look at your inventory go up). I was suspicious of the claim that you don't get the XP so when I was just close to leveling up, I started just not picking up anything. I was able to level up mid-stage without manually picking anything up. I think the only explanation is that yes, you do get the XPs whether you pick them up or not.

Musketeer
12-25-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm not even thinking Legendary/Epic, yet. I was hoping for some 2 star+ worth enhancing. Guess that doesn't happen.

I'm having a hard time seeing the point of putting forth the effort and expense of fusing regular armors as opposed to waiting until I come across a worth-it plus to enhance?

What am I missing?You can't fuse a +version of any armor.

There are three ways to get a +version of an armor.

1) Get very lucky and get one from a chest.
2) Win one as a reward.
3) Build the normal version to the level that unlocks the +version, then build the +version with new materials.

Oxilated
12-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Glacius no droppy EE 5 kills
fix need please

StMichael
12-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Glacius no droppy EE 5 kills
fix need please

I did managed to get ONE such drop, somewhere in my first 15 battles. And that was it. No others. No more.

Oxilated
12-26-2013, 12:02 AM
24 kills, 1 drop, level 17

Daenerys
12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Glacius has been generous with me (knock on wood), lvl 27 now, 5 EE drops so far.

The last EB sucked for me though. Only 2 EE drops for the entire week.

Huntz11
12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
I have glacius, krampus and the third armor and I've gotten the rewards for the first one, then I've gotten all of them to + but I can get the second reward tier. HELP.

Oxilated
12-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I have glacius, krampus and the third armor and I've gotten the rewards for the first one, then I've gotten all of them to + but I can get the second reward tier. HELP.
you must wait until it finishes crafting

Huntz11
12-30-2013, 07:59 AM
you must wait until it finishes crafting

It says you must own the + versions of the armor and I do.

Oxilated
12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
It says you must own the + versions of the armor and I do.
it is considered owned after you have it in inventory
it also says craft and keep which means it has to be in your inventory, if you are worried that it you might not get it out of armory in time, well, bad luck for you unless you have gems to push it out of armory

Huntz11
12-30-2013, 08:33 AM
it is considered owned after you have it in inventory
it also says craft and keep which means it has to be in your inventory, if you are worried that it you might not get it out of armory in time, well, bad luck for you unless you have gems to push it out of armory

All three of them are in my inventory at lvl 35 +. I've crafted them, I've kept them and now I want my aegis armor

Oxilated
12-30-2013, 08:44 AM
All three of them are in my inventory at lvl 35 +. I've crafted them, I've kept them and now I want my aegis armor
ok. so you are telling me that all your armors are at 35 and its a + version, its wrong
You need to be able to craft 2 armors to get the + version of armors (43 kills on eb)
then you need to level an armor to 35 to be able to craft the + version
if you get to the 43rd kill, you can craft another armor. you can craft plus version if the first armor is leveled to 35

Loose-End
12-30-2013, 09:33 AM
They all need to be + versions. So you must have killed the epic bosses 43 times, crafted the regular versions of the armors, enhanced them to level 35, and then crafted the + versions of the armors, and kept them in your inventory. Without this you will not receive Aegis+ and an extra 5 keys.

Oxilated
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
already have a maxed glacius+

NightFallGM
12-31-2013, 05:44 PM
I made all 3+ armors and got my 8 keys and only got 2star armors LAME.

Karcher
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
I made all 3+ armors and got my 8 keys and only got 2star armors LAME.

We are in the same shoes. Guess the only consolation prize is the aotd+ but it's ruined because Glacius+ has around the same stats and same elements. That I could never figure out why the prizes are put in such a way.

GoatRage
01-01-2014, 10:05 AM
The whole event is absurd. All 2* from winter king chest and a reward armor that has exactly the same elements and worse stats as the armor you need to complete the quest.

geo81
01-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I wanted a new cape...
Maybe something that was winter related

jules604
01-01-2014, 05:54 PM
The Winter King Chest turned out to be a dud for me too. Only got **armors from 3 tries.

So Frustrated!!!!!!!

jules604
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Is the key bonus over yet? I still have my Glacius+ crafting. If I were to speed it up w/gems; would I
still get keys to winter chest? Or is it over?

friskie
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
its over.. you missed..

i wonder whats more disappointing.. completing the bonus to get nothing but garbage or missing your chance to complete the bonus

jules604
01-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm o.k. that's it's over. I didn't have much faith that I would've gotten something good anyway. I've gotten one decent armor from the chests since I started playing: Clayplate Mantle...

So, I guess I keep hoping it'll happen again.