PDA

View Full Version : invalid data packet

Ulrich von Bek
12-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Since the update I can't open my game, so I uninstalled and now it won't install. I keep getting the same message ' invalid data packet', I know this issue has been posted in other threads and those players where told ' its fixed' and 'the devs are looking into it'.
Mods please help, I now won't be able to finish the Cold Front ltq, will I be able to earn more medals some how?

Stadt
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I am having the same exact problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VinnieBarbarino
12-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I am having the same exact problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been locked out of the game for 4 days now, and I am absolutely livid! This is not how you treat customers!

You claim that you have it fixed, when it is most definitely NOT fixes. Then you post work-a-rounds that are absolutely USELESS.
Then you post you're working on it, with nothing more since. Ghive me a break. We deserve to be compensated with 2,500 gold each PLUS be awarded ALL of the possible rewards from the LTQ's and / or events that have taken place while we have been locked out due SOLEY to GREE's screw-up. Don't insult our intelligence and say your canned responde "we don't reimburse/refund/give back what was WRONGFULLY taken, and we really don't care if that makes you mad. We're a big corporation, and you are just a little peon"... We're on to your BS, and will not stand for it anymore

vNastIER
12-13-2013, 10:12 PM
I have been locked out of the game for 4 days now, and I am absolutely livid! This is not how you treat customers!

You claim that you have it fixed, when it is most definitely NOT fixes. Then you post work-a-rounds that are absolutely USELESS.
Then you post you're working on it, with nothing more since. Ghive me a break. We deserve to be compensated with 2,500 gold each PLUS be awarded ALL of the possible rewards from the LTQ's and / or events that have taken place while we have been locked out due SOLEY to GREE's screw-up. Don't insult our intelligence and say your canned responde "we don't reimburse/refund/give back what was WRONGFULLY taken, and we really don't care if that makes you mad. We're a big corporation, and you are just a little peon"... We're on to your BS, and will not stand for it anymore
i like the positive attitude...but the whole we wont take it any more is the One song that has been played too many times on the radio...so many say it but this crap is still going on.

All the power to you. and hope you get access to your game soon.

MagicMark
12-13-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm having the same exact problem. Will miss out on no telling how many units before they get it fixed...I have constantly had problems in the past.don't expect any compensation for our loss...just hope you are in a faction that will be understanding adout your technical problems and don't give you the boot..but I do not expect my faction to drag around my dead player through many faction events. So I hope they get it fix well before me or my faction teammates have to make that decision. Luckily there are other forms of communications with our teammates or it would make it worse. At least there are some apps out there that are reliable. Just have to grit our teeth and hope that all your time effort and money hasn't been wasted......anyways best of luck to you....and I hope that mine gets restored as well....later, MagicMark

busted
12-14-2013, 02:13 AM
I think I am tired of waiting to get this fixed. I think I am gonna talk to google about a refund for the money I have spent so far. I think I have a good chance of getting alot of my money back, for sure the money for gold I can no longer use. And as we all say talk with your wallet. I know I cannot personally affect gree with my wallet but if enough people ask google for refunds maybe google will talk with its wallet. I am a server admin and I know things happen, but this is ridiculous. It is not only unfair to the people locked out but to those in our factions that have to spend gold becuase we are not there to help

CJ I know your stuck between a rock and a hard place. Keep plugging along.

Gnorax
12-14-2013, 05:52 AM
I have check online to solve the issue and nothing has worked, at thus point there our nothing i could do and i was on 70/100@10/10, now that is bull, i hate this game and very disappointed in the way gree can't even do arm update without breaking the game for so many.

GBA
12-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I can't launch MW anymore nor can I download the update. I get an error message, 'invalid package file'. It's been 2 days for me now. I'm sure my base has been raided, LTQs have expired, etc. and I won't get anything back for it.

Yup, I agree with you guys. I spent at least $1800 on this game but I know that's not nearly as much as others. I already told myself that I won't buy anymore gold (which I haven't done in 3 or 4 months) and when I'm out of gold, then I'm done.

There's too many problems or changes by Gree. The events are soooooooo f-ing expensive nowadays that you need to purchase or spend a vault or two each month. That's ridiculously, Gree. Why are you being so Gree-dy?

Dilligaf13
12-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Sounds like some of you have gotten some sort of reply back from gree, I haven't even gotten the customary generic reply, nothing. We definitely deserve something back for this. This has totally blocked any of us from completing any of the event. Everyone in my faction that did the same as me are stuck out of the game, those that I was able to warn before they tried to reinstall are still in the game but still can't do anything because the npc's are not showing up for them. Looks like anyone with an Android is screwed again and won't benefit from the events as usual.

ugaguard
12-14-2013, 09:46 AM

It is a game

Wizbang
12-14-2013, 03:10 PM
So now we have version 3.9.2 and still invalid package. I have followed all trouble shooting steps shown here with zero success. What do I or can I do to fix this? I have a faction that I am sure at this point is wondering where the hell their faction leader is. I think it is absolutely absurd that you guys can't get this fixed or post fixes here that actually work. Why can't you re release the version prior to 3.9.0 as it worked (buggy but it worked).

pabs992011
12-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Any idea when the ivalid package file will be fixed.

Major Esmoker
12-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I uninstalled the game when on the last ltq the units were not showing now I cannot install it back because of this packet file loss I am on android if that helps Gree can you please post here and say something?

Crowe77
12-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Day 2 for me as well. Can someone at lease give an update on this?

Shawn Rambo
12-15-2013, 06:47 AM
So what now? Is this the beginning of the end? I just want my game back.

Goodman
12-15-2013, 07:06 AM
I been locked out of the game for 6 days. So you guys that been locked out for 2 day, should be thankful that it didn't happen sooner (like me). I get the "invalid file" error too and its getting really annoying, I agree that Gree gives us 2,500 gold and all the units we possibility missed. The 3.9.0(I believe those are the numbers) was buggy, bit at least we were about to get on. We need Modern War back, don't you understand, Gree? Back track and give use the old version!!

pabs992011
12-15-2013, 11:15 AM
What sucks is nobody from gree will respond about this problem. They respond about other useless ****. But something to do with customers not being able to play. NOTHING IS SAID!!!!

VinnieBarbarino
12-15-2013, 02:02 PM
It is a game

I spent real freaking money on this 'game' and they are behaving in ILLEGAL ways. Stealing gold, is the same as stealing my CASH!
The numerous ways they STEAL gold from us due to deliberate POOR programming, shows intentional FRAUD...

I bet the state attorney generals would like to know about this nightmare...

I'm probably just going to give up on the game, since it is CLEAR that GREE just doesn't give a carp about anything except ,COLLECTING our cash and has no clue about what customer service is.

Put simply, I don't have room in my life for a game that I have spent my hard earned money on, that is literally causing me stress. Life is stressful enough as it is. GREE just wants our money and doesn't give a crap about us - the CUSTOMERS!!!

Rug23
12-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Gree any info on this yet??? Got a few people I know in this game with the same problem.. Tried to uninstall and reinstall after a problem and when trying to reinstall they are getting an "invalid Packets" error. What can be done for them??

kj2973999
12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I also had the issue after being frustrated with constant force closes I decided to unin-stall MW and then reinstall MW. When trying to install I would get "invalid file install". After about 6hrs of frustration I found a fix that worked for me, I hope it will work for some of you.

1. With Rom Toolbox Lite I cleared the Cache not the Data.
2. With Rom Toolbox Lite I uninstalled MW. Because I sideloaded a older version that did not work.
3. With Rom Toolbox Lite I did a Reboot.
4. Logged onto http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/
5. Searched for MW and downloaded. 1Mobile will download its app 1st then it will download MW.
6. Then cross fingers and intall.

Surprisingly the MW installed and is now working. It still force closes but at least I can play when it lets me.
Good luck I hope it works for you.

bruner
12-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Add my account as well. Been locked out for 5-6 days.

sbs2716g
12-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Gree any info on this yet??? Got a few people I know in this game with the same problem.. Tried to uninstall and reinstall after a problem and when trying to reinstall they are getting an "invalid Packets" error. What can be done for them??

one of my faction mate uninstall and install around 40 times and finally got it to work...

Z-ro
12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Fix this please!

Dansgek
12-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Just like the other thread.

What also can help is to download it through 1mobile, this has worked for the players in our faction.

Dilligaf13
12-17-2013, 01:38 PM
I was finally aloud to download the game but now it's not my base, it's making me start all over again. Come on Gree, fix this. This is not the first time this has happened and it took almost a month for you to get it fixed. I've missed out on almost all the events so far this time and looks like I may not get into any of the rest at this rate. This is costing me money from my buildings and missing out on units I could be earning on the events. I need this fixed asap.

alecc
12-18-2013, 02:11 AM
hi, I am an another victim. gree do something

"Your request (#cant install the game) has been closed. This means that the issue is being worked on now, or the issue is solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

RL, Dec 15 21:55 (PST):

Hey Alex,

Thank you for contacting GREE Support.

We are aware of this specific issue and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and we appreciate your continued patience!

Regards,
R
"

GEMH
12-18-2013, 11:45 AM
If the invalid file issue persists, please try these steps recommended by the developers for resolution:

1. Go to Settings

2. Click Application or Apps

3. Click Manage Applications

4. Uninstall Modern War (You can uninstall MW from your App list if your device allows it)

5. Go back to Manage Applications

6. Find Google Play Store, then force stop and then clear data

7. Open Google Play Store app and let it update (if necessary relogin and accept the terms).

8. Install MW

If this doesn't resolve the matter, please let our Support Team know.

alecc
12-19-2013, 06:33 AM
solution for those who have already uninstalled the game

1) download from the internet 3.9.1 apk
http://www.apkdad.com/modern-war-world-domination-3-9-1/
Download from Apk Dad(not play store):
Download Modern War – World Domination 3.9.1

2) install apk (at the end you will receive an error message)
3) go to playstore and download and install the latest version, (3.9.2 at the time of writing)
4) load the game - you will receive an error
5) uninstall , clear the cache and repeat step 3)

worked for me