PDA

View Full Version : Must Guilds Suck. Please don't make a new one…

CaptWangus
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
There are more than 20,000 guild on the iOS version of the game of which the overwhelming majority are inactive to irrelevant. 95% of the inconsequential guilds can't score one hundred thousand points; that's horrifically pitiful and gem expenditure has nothing to do with it.

There are two or three active members, out of twenty or so in most of these guilds. After a war in which the majority of players don't do anything, a few of those active players think, "I'll start my own guild and things will be different." And so, after a guild war there is a mass proliferation of brand-new, really crappy guilds of which there are already far too many. Think in terms of any sport: when the number of MLB teams expands, the talent pool is diluted. That's what happens with guilds in K&Ds. Thus, my guild, sees one or two strong players per guild with recent-to-new-ish armor and then a bunch of members that seemed to have fallen off.

I haven't conducted a survey, and my analysis is anything but flawless; all I'm saying is if you want a guild to do better--and you're not in a guild that requires gem spending--concentration of power is what will do it, not positive thinking that if only you start you're own everything will be perfect.

This is a recruiting call, for all the frustrated guild members (perhaps even guild masters) who want to do better. My guild will finish solidly in ribbon E and we're not happy about it. We have 6-8 dedicated players, some stragglers, and many inactives that are about to be removed. We're looking for the multitude of others out there who are in a similar spot. We are level 34 and our bonuses are at 6 or 7%.

We have no level requirements, or mandatory donations. Be an adult who can read. That last bit is important as communication is vital in this game. We talk trash on the in game chat; we are very serious in our chat room during the Guild Wars. We prefer players in the Americas if only because it's easier to coordinate battles over as few time zones as possible.

We don't know it all; we don't have all the answers; if you join us our success is not guaranteed. However, we know a lot, we're working out the rest, and have tons of ideas and proven results.

Serious players read this forum, and chances are you're exactly who we're looking for. We hope you'll consider us before adding to the alarming mediocrity that already exist in Knights and Dragons.

Here is where you can find us:
XBD-WPF-VYV or The Players Club (http://knightsanddragonsplayers.wordpress.com/about/)

LnL Magneto
12-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I also agree.
A sort of merger of 2-3 guilds could solve this problem.

CaptWangus
12-13-2013, 06:49 AM
I also agree.
A sort of merger of 2-3 guilds could solve this problem.

My thought exactly. However, it's difficult as in game communication with other players is non existent. But we would we open to welcoming active members from guilds that want to join with us.

The Hurricane
12-14-2013, 05:48 AM
I also agree,
There are way more guilds on the android version of the guild. All of the members should read this and realize to not make the same stupid mistake over and over again and make pointless guilds.