PDA

View Full Version : Make the game fair again...Salary cap for factions

Paiens
12-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Just a crazy idea, but it seems pointless at this point, with all the sup teams out there, who make sure they barely face each other in WD, to maybe try something new. What a bout a stats cap, like in pro sports like the NHL, and the NFL.

As in total stats of a faction could not exceed a certain number? I know, I know, its a crazy idea, but it would make the game more challenging again, and would maybe allow for smarter players to actually have a chance of winning. Would bring back strategy to wars instead of the Tap tap tap that we have now.

Crazy idea.....but it just might work.

Elite Enforcer
12-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Good idea.......it will just even the playing field and most likely you won't see the same winner every war.

Judas Goat
12-12-2013, 08:06 AM
It won't work but good idea. The darn camel is already in our tent. Should have stopped him when we seen his nose

SGT Rud
12-12-2013, 08:19 AM
I like the thought of something being done to even the playing field and give others a chance to try to rack up #1 in WD, but....

What SUP1 pays to get number #1 should not be ignored. Even if you cut their WD points they can recieve in 1/2, they will spend more to still be in #1. Depriving a team of its members based solely on its success is a horrible idea.

However, there are alternitives.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76863-Solving-the-match-ups

T (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76863-Solving-the-match-ups)his idea is based on giving others a chance to compete regardless of $ spent. Gold will still help you win, but this puts strategy back into it.

Thief
12-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Just a crazy idea, but it seems pointless at this point, with all the sup teams out there, who make sure they barely face each other in WD, to maybe try something new. What a bout a stats cap, like in pro sports like the NHL, and the NFL.

As in total stats of a faction could not exceed a certain number? I know, I know, its a crazy idea, but it would make the game more challenging again, and would maybe allow for smarter players to actually have a chance of winning. Would bring back strategy to wars instead of the Tap tap tap that we have now.

Crazy idea.....but it just might work.

Problem with that is Stats Don't mean Money Spent. SUP Could just then put in the 30 most powerful members and then have a bunch of weak LLP's to cover the spread and they would find a way to still win (then they would probably just have top 1/2/3/4 and TKO would get 5/6 and it would push teams out of the top 10/25/50/100 etc.

SevenO9
12-12-2013, 08:48 AM
A very romantic idea. It is a little bit like stopping people from buying Porsche and BMW so the ordinary guys in their Toyotas fell better. Sorry to burst your bubble. Won't happen.

Plutorules
12-12-2013, 09:12 AM
We have something in Europe called football - you might know it state side as soccer. :cool: We have something called Champions leuge and euro leauge. You qualify for these thru national leauges. Transfer this into to MW would be putting people into leagues and therefrom you can advance. The major issue with MW is all the faction jumping. If this is to work you need some kind of transfer system.

Just a quick idea

Paiens
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I know it was a crazy idea...just dreaming out loud of a time when we don't face top 5 teams 11 out of 12 times on a Sunday.
Well aware its a pipe dream. Like other, it's just disappointing. And knowing they are all in cahoots together on group me to not face each other isn't really helping the morale.

Just means going gold free and dropping to a lower tier at some point...which is nearer than far away.

Speed ump
12-12-2013, 10:50 AM
There you go seven. I think that's as accurate as anything I've seen said.

Speed ump
12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
To the op, I think you meant something other than salary cap. I'm not giving up any of my gree paycheck, I have a solid contract written by the best lawyers.lol

iZheil9152
12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I once had the idea of (a faction) being in 1st place 5 times is forced to disband... But I figured I would get a lot of hate from it and never threw it out there

Paiens
12-12-2013, 11:38 AM
If I was them i would be bored out of my skull...where teh hell is the challenge anymore..but to each their own. And I didn't post this thinking it was a good idea or one taht would ever fly, I posted it to give food for though on how maybe, just maybne something in the game could change to make things interesting again.

Ryans67
12-12-2013, 12:23 PM
I like how everyone thinks SUP is able to avoid each other throughout the entire event. You can basically have three top teams work to avoid each other. Add a fourth team and you run out of time between declarations, thereby jeopardizing 50 wins. EVERY SINGLE TEAM can easily avoid the top 3 teams. The smart ones do. And as a reward, they get pounded by GSF or SUP3. :p

Emerald_
12-12-2013, 01:09 PM
My faction got 66 battles in last war, and we were coordinating with 5 other factions. It is definitely possible.

Luuzer
12-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I like how everyone thinks SUP is able to avoid each other throughout the entire event. You can basically have three top teams work to avoid each other. Add a fourth team and you run out of time between declarations, thereby jeopardizing 50 wins. EVERY SINGLE TEAM can easily avoid the top 3 teams. The smart ones do. And as a reward, they get pounded by GSF or SUP3. :p

them gree will fix it for ya if Ur top team and give the prize out anyway, no problem and no questions asked ;)