PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour LTQ?

cr0nchef
12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
gree I know you guys are busy, but as people all over the forum are saying just giving us notice on when things will start. I know there are hickups and all sorts of other problems that pop up and things have to be delayed, but wouldn't of letting us know ie on the forums it would be easier for you guys to relay to us what is going on. that is one thing that a lot of people want that shouldn't be to hard

Touch Down
12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
You need to see it from Gree's point of view.

Lets say they state an event will start at a certain time. What happens if there is a last minute issue?

-Do they still go ahead on the start time and face a million complaints about bugs?
-Hold it off to fix the problems and face a million complaints about not starting on time?

I am always prepared to wait till when its ready and receive an event that has no faults.

Assault and Flattery
12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
You got it, dude. We don't always have a set start time for stuff.

ogel45
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Also, if you don't know when it starts you will miss the beginning. If you miss the beginning you will be behind. If you are behind, you will spend more gold.

Touch Down
12-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Also, if you don't know when it starts you will miss the beginning. If you miss the beginning you will be behind. If you are behind, you will spend more gold.

Your theory is a bad one. Again you need to see it from both sides and decide what is the best system to run events.

You are only looking at it from your point of perspective. Don't get me wrong though if Gree deserve a beating i'm right on in there. But I struggle to see this as a valid complaint.

Keep the complaints real for when it matters ;)

Sammo the Kid
12-11-2013, 11:52 AM
You've been playing since August 2012 and you haven't noticed a pattern on when LTQs tend to start?

therealbengie
12-11-2013, 12:00 PM

that doesn't bother anyone outside the USA as we get screwed anyway because these events always start at night for us.

Deadwater
12-11-2013, 12:16 PM
As long as the date doesn't change I don't care for a particular time.

Muj
12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
that doesn't bother anyone outside the USA as we get screwed anyway because these events always start at night for us.
Events start at 3am for me. :) i dont know about the US but im pretty sure they dont have it as bad as 3am

mb402n
12-11-2013, 12:43 PM
You need to see it from Gree's point of view.

Lets say they state an event will start at a certain time. What happens if there is a last minute issue?

-Do they still go ahead on the start time and face a million complaints about bugs?
-Hold it off to fix the problems and face a million complaints about not starting on time?

I am always prepared to wait till when its ready and receive an event that has no faults.

At what point does this get out of control. How many consecutive weeks/months of "last minute issues" have to happen before someone looks in the mirror and says "hey I'm sucking at this, I am continually pushing out the same low quality product for the same high quality prices. I need to acknowledge this to what loyal customers I have left and prove to them that I am learning from my mistakes and give them reasons to feel like their business is not being taken advantage of. I need to on a consistent basis make my loyal customers feel like I am constantly improving and finding ways to prevent past mistakes." You know, things that in my opinion would seem normal for a business that cares about their customers to think about.

I could understand if this was a once every couple of months or heck even once every couple of weeks kind of thing but this is like clockwork; day in and day out; week in and week out. How can this be a business model that is going to benefit the business in the long run. I'm not going to pretend like I have a degree in business management or anything related but these sort of things just seem like they would be, I don't know, first nature? I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm completely off on this one and this is a actually a great business model that should be emulated by others.

Op23june
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
most ltq starts in india around 4:30am i just want gree to make a schedule for everyevent that start at its own time i.e. LTQ at fix time, case event at fix time, boss event fix time, ltb fix time and so on......that means whenever we see a event we can always play on time and if this doesnot start then they should either notify here or we should understand that event is been delayed.....as always happens and we keep waiting.....

ogel45
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I was being a little tongue in cheek, but as a programmer myself, I am a little confused why the same problems continue to reoccur. It's most likely unrealistic expectations from upper management, but still... Does anyone know if the newer gree games are as buggy?

cditti
12-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I say it will start at 6pm. est. Since that is when yesterdays event dropped.

Kimse
12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
If it have to start on the 11 as it says. Then it Will start within 30 min.. Only the 11 dec, 30 min more at my place

steamboatwilly
12-11-2013, 03:23 PM
6:23 pm est and no ltq

Guisseppe17
12-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Geez people...LTQ's almost always start between 3 and 3:30 (PST)...sometimes a little closer to 4, but it's been ages since a standard LTQ started after 4. Just chill...can't believe people were *****ing about it hours before the standard release time.

Touch Down
12-11-2013, 03:27 PM
6:23 pm est and no ltq

No stress y'all, it ain't no thing but a chicken wing. It will start when it starts.

There is no pattern for event start times just roll with the punches.

Barlow the Redhead
12-11-2013, 03:35 PM

That is the profiting mentality of GREE. Best to just get used to it...

kimberleyj
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
No stress y'all, it ain't no thing but a chicken wing. It will start when it starts.

There is no pattern for event start times just roll with the punches.

some people like to start this event before they sleep seen as it is only a 24 hour event. it is already 11.30 pm here.

String-Girl
12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
You've been playing since August 2012 and you haven't noticed a pattern on when LTQs tend to start?

"Commenting since Aug 2012".... I commented for years before I ever bothered to actually play the game! :)

IronM@n
12-11-2013, 03:48 PM
50 mins in and still no LTQ. WTF is going on? Pretty crucial for a 24 hour LTQ.

Ryno777
12-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Is this a 23 1/10 hour ltq I didn't get the memo. My globe says progress...

Deadwater
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Too much complaining will make gree push back the date...
Maybe they are trying to push out the LTQ and the LTB at the same time. Never known them to be good at multitasking.

Guisseppe17
12-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe they are trying to push out the LTQ and the LTB at the same time. Never known them to be good at multitasking.
Or anything else tbh....

tomstenson
12-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Honestly, does it surprise anyone that this hasn't started yet? Those of you defending Gree are part of the problem. You walk around like sheep accepting whatever Gree does, no matter how poorly executed it is. How many of you would accept this same level of service at the grocery store, a movie theater or a restaurant? If you saw an ad that said the movie you wanted to see was coming out today, went to the theater, but there was no start time posted, would you just hang out all day because the theater employee told you it was coming? Just wait for it...

Honestly, it is unfare to the International Players to not have start times posted on these 24 hour events. There is a limited time to get these done. Do you stay up? Do you go to sleep? Who knows... it's not like Gree is telling anyone anything.

IronM@n
12-11-2013, 03:57 PM

LMAO.

They need to ensure that events start on time. Once it says progress, it should be up. Not 40 minutes after. It can't be that difficult.

Battles always start on time. Why can't everything else?

IronM@n
12-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Honestly, does it surprise anyone that this hasn't started yet? Those of you defending Gree are part of the problem. You walk around like sheep accepting whatever Gree does, no matter how poorly executed it is. How many of you would accept this same level of service at the grocery store, a movie theater or a restaurant? If you saw an ad that said the movie you wanted to see was coming out today, went to the theater, but there was no start time posted, would you just hang out all day because the theater employee told you it was coming? Just wait for it...

Honestly, it is unfare to the International Players to not have start times posted on these 24 hour events. There is a limited time to get these done. Do you stay up? Do you go to sleep? Who knows... it's not like Gree is telling anyone anything.

Well said. No consideration and f**k all communication.

Grecoref
12-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Most ltq's do start just about 6pm est as does most other events. However it still hasn't started for me either and I can fell for those ppl who feel like now their getting shorted by a hour. One hour can mean difference of a 35/35 reward and ans a 10/10 reward. And being only 24hrs they are hard enough to finish.

Phillip99
12-11-2013, 04:04 PM
They should do 24 hr events on a wkend, when ppl have more time to play.

Deelitefullyme
12-11-2013, 04:14 PM
The Europe people in my syndicate just went to sleep. Stayed awake for an extra hour expecting event to start. I think this sucks. Getting harder and less fun to play this game.

IronM@n
12-11-2013, 04:16 PM
They should do 24 hr events on a wkend, when ppl have more time to play.

No, they should have more consideration for worldwide players and not just the US ones (no offence of course).

These events should start a lot sooner (early afternoon US time).

It's now 1:15am in central Europe.

Zippy69
12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
nice to see that this 24 LTQ isn't live for everyone else...

it's been saying 'In Progress' on my screen since 11PM (which is usual UK start time for these Events)

great that a 24 hour event isn't live after over an hour...

God Bless you Gree...
just wondering what you're planning on screwing up this Battle Wkd...

My Syndicate had 'wins' not registered in last Battle Wkd (which cost us a consecutive win reward!) & Boss Kills not registered in Tilda Gang Event. what's in store for us next...

pervbear
12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
No, they should have more consideration for worldwide players and not just the US ones (no offence of course).

These events should start a lot sooner (early afternoon US time).

It's now 1:15am in central Europe.

Offense taken, stop with your anti american trash.

Jay Teez
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Complainers are going to complain.

steamboatwilly
12-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Yup. Complainers gonna complain and you will always take it on the chin!!!

varman
12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
If I loose 5 hours of 24 hour ltq because of late start I'm not doing it at all. Going to sleep in 15 mins

pervbear
12-11-2013, 04:34 PM
If I loose 5 hours of 24 hour ltq because of late start I'm not doing it at all. Going to sleep in 15 mins

I hope with your lack of not doing it you miss out on a very good prize, preferably with a modifier.

Zippy69
12-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't agree with the people complaining ahead of an event...

however, after an event has been showing 'In Progress' for 90 minutes of a 24 Event(!)...
I'd say that there is genuine cause to politely raise this issue!

& I had no issues with the High Roller Event being delayed, even though the notification was ****e

pervbear
12-11-2013, 04:39 PM
You do know that in progress has no correlation with anything right? If it started now it wouldn't be 90 minutes down it would start at 24 hours(!).

If they removed it all together would that make you happy?

Deadwater
12-11-2013, 04:44 PM
You do know that in progress has no correlation with anything right? If it started now it wouldn't be 90 minutes down it would start at 24 hours(!).

If they removed it all together would that make you happy?

Actually not true. There have been events that said in progress & delayed to what we precive as a normal start time. When they did start they were missing x amount of time off the event.

If they delay it to tomorrow then people who have been waiting all day & checking their game have a real complaint.

pervbear
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Actually not true. There have been events that said in progress & delayed to what we precive as a normal start time. When they did start they were missing x amount of time off the event.

If they delay it to tomorrow then people who have been waiting all day & checking their game have a real complaint.

Only time I recall that ia when it ran into a war.

Deadwater
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Only time I recall that ia when it ran into a war.

A few pve LTQs. Nothing major in the end. Just be sure to check the time whenever this event starts.

dark_sorrow_
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I think I misunderstood. If it starts at 6 will it end at six or be cut short because it started late?

Phillip99
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Meh....gree screws up, people complain, gree doesn't listen, people complain more, gree doesn't care......same ole narrative

-hades-
12-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I think the issue lies with a start date of 11/12/13, in the uk and Europe it is now 12/12/13, whereas on going 'live', as 'in progress', it was still, 11/12/13.
This game is an addiction to some of if not all of us, it is a weekday and most if not all have work in a couple of hours, going to sleep now would feel a waste of time. It's like chasing that very first hit :-)

Phillip99
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I think the issue lies with a start date of 11/12/13, in the uk and Europe it is now 12/12/13, whereas on going 'live', as 'in progress', it was still, 11/12/13.
This game is an addiction to some of if not all of us, it is a weekday and most if not all have work in a couple of hours, going to sleep now would feel a waste of time. It's like chasing that very first hit :-)

Are you talking about crack?.......wtf........

tomstenson
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I hope with your lack of not doing it you miss out on a very good prize, preferably with a modifier.

Just curious, in looking at your recent posts on this subject, do you just sit around trolling this forum looking for people to disaGree with?

I mean seriously, it was obvious the one post was not directed at Americans, but you took offense. Then continued your negative comments.

Deadwater
12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
A&F wanna shed some light on when we can expect the LTQ to go live?

Phillip99
12-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Just curious, in looking at your recent posts on this subject, do you just sit around trolling this forum looking for people to disaGree with?

I mean seriously, it was obvious the one post was not directed at Americans, but you took offense. Then continued your negative comments.

DisaGree.......nice pun!!!

dark_sorrow_
12-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Ditto!!
+1

Deelitefullyme
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
A lot of events started 9 EST. This might be one of them?

pervbear
12-11-2013, 05:30 PM

Well the comment about him losing out if there is something good is his issue as for the taking offense to his comment was direct to the fact that that he obviously knew it could be taken offensively as that is the only time anyone would say (no offense).

I have never one had someone say hey that's a nice dog you got there (no offense).

Deelitefullyme
12-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Some of you ***** about the crazy things. Let's ***** about when event starts. All other conversation takes the focus off gree. Let's start already!!!!!!!!

Deelitefullyme
12-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Guess I can't say b. I. T. C. H. But what I meant

pervbear
12-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Yea be less of a bunch of female dogs.

Deelitefullyme
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Lol. Hormones flying everywhere. Then a piss on a tree

dark_sorrow_
12-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh Gree u big tease. I got a new data download messgae lol. Still got nothing.

Yung Gucci
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Works for me!

ploop
12-11-2013, 06:15 PM

+1................................

JakeCullen
12-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Ltq just started...but when I checked the time, it says 22hrs and some 30mins left...I thought that is a 24-hour thing?

bravo 6 vk
12-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Well I think we lost 1 & 1/2 hrs.....
So this one's a 22.5hrs special LTQ :rolleyes:

Mugzy
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
When you call something a "Special 24 hour LTQ" and then you shorten it by multiple hours it's no longer a 24 hour special is it?

In legal terms they call this a "bait and switch".

tomstenson
12-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Awesome!!! I just want to thank Gree for starting their 24 hour LTQ late, and then not extending the finish time. I cannot express how Greetful I am to you for your exceptional Customer Service. I applaud you with the sound of one hand clapping.