PDA

View Full Version : Issues again since last update

General Raub
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Any one else having issues in game traveling from place to place! Seems like since last night I got an update the game is super slow and takes 5 mind to move from point a to point b. I've rebooted both devices several times. Un install and reinstall several times with no success. Can we please have an update without an issue !

chuck_norris
12-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Same problem going on now for nearly a month now..missed 3 events...

Mr P
12-11-2013, 03:38 AM
I,ve just had the update come through on android. Came up package file invalid and now I can't even open the game, it just force closes.

supertypek
12-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Error when protecting money. Second time work normally.
And still first attack players (or any by click on player icon) dont give won any cash and concretes..

G.V
12-11-2013, 04:17 AM
I have also problem with log in the game after the last update.
Error: Package file is invalid
I tried unistal and reinstalled the game without a possitive result

Richard79
12-11-2013, 05:02 AM
I have so many error messages poppin up with every menu i open, also get server issue msgs, come on gree at least test b4 you sent updates this sucks

Dansgek
12-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Esspecially the vault issue i encounter. Error with the first put money in the vault try. Second try works.

Richard79
12-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Cant even raid now!!!! Rival too beat up? Wont travel to bases WTF GREE

mateochew
12-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Due to "invalid package" error, I cant even play the game. Great job gree.

bruner
12-11-2013, 09:24 AM
on one device I have the vault issue. On the other device I get the invalid package error. I noticed the problem on the second device so I stopped the update on the first one. Waiting for gree to send out a new update before I update my first device.

SpikeyKit
12-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Team mates game is down uninstalled, "invalid package".
Seems to be a wide spread droid problem. A fix asap would be nice

Sirius
12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey folks,

We are working on this issue (invalid package error) but please note that this is a known issue in google play. Here are some steps that should work in the mean time.

Go to apps >> All >> Select your app >> Clear cache and data >> Run update again in Google Play

Install app through Google Play Store website

Turn off wi-fi and install or update app in Google Play Store via 3G or 4G data connection of your Mobile.

Go to apps >> All >> Google Play Store >> Clear cache and data
Go to apps >> All >> Google Service Framework >> Clear cache and data
Now try installing or updating the app. IF this doesn’t work follow the step below
Go to Settings >> Accounts >> Google >> Click on your gmail account >> Menu and Remove account.
Restart device and add your Google account back.

Go to apps >> All >> Google Play Store >> Uninstall Update
Reinstall or update your app

Richard79
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey folks,

We are working on this issue (invalid package error) but please note that this is a known issue in google play. Here are some steps that should work in the mean time.

Go to apps >> All >> Select your app >> Clear cache and data >> Run update again in Google Play

Install app through Google Play Store website

Turn off wi-fi and install or update app in Google Play Store via 3G or 4G data connection of your Mobile.

Go to apps >> All >> Google Play Store >> Clear cache and data
Go to apps >> All >> Google Service Framework >> Clear cache and data
Now try installing or updating the app. IF this doesn’t work follow the step below
Go to Settings >> Accounts >> Google >> Click on your gmail account >> Menu and Remove account.
Restart device and add your Google account back.

Go to apps >> All >> Google Play Store >> Uninstall Update
Reinstall or update your app

LET ME GET THIS RIGHT YOU WANT US TO DOWNLOAD A 42MB GAME ON OUR DATA CONNECTION???? ARE YOU FOR REAL????? the problem is not google play or how the game is downloaded!!!! Go to the room where your developers are and slap them about till this issue is sorted!!!!!! Its a bad codeing problem and nothing else

iZheil9152
12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Go to the room where your developers are and slap them about till this issue is sorted
Couldn't stop laughing

SPWD
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Jesus Christ wtf was that lol^^^^^^^^ everything else works but let's blame google play store ha ha ha ha!it's you ya muppets yet again!

bruner
12-11-2013, 03:04 PM
tried all of it....still got package file error

ploop
12-11-2013, 03:07 PM
LET ME GET THIS RIGHT YOU WANT US TO DOWNLOAD A 42MB GAME ON OUR DATA CONNECTION???? ARE YOU FOR REAL????? the problem is not google play or how the game is downloaded!!!! Go to the room where your developers are and slap them about till this issue is sorted!!!!!! Its a bad codeing problem and nothing else

lol richard!! he should slap everybody in the building!!!!

Richard79
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
lol richard!! he should slap everybody in the building!!!!

Your inbox is full

G.V
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Here is the answer of what they have in mind for all of us who have problem logging in the game after the last update:

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience. While we understand your frustration, at this time, we are not offering any compensation or credits.

Thank you very much Gree. We are 24hours on the phone in order not loose anything during the events and now after who knows how many days you gave us this answer.
THANK YOU A LOT!!

negotiator
12-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Funniest thing I have read on here in a long time. Thanks

negotiator
12-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I was too busy laughing. The game will not load on my Ipad as of about an hour ago anyone else having this problem?

GEMH
12-11-2013, 05:13 PM
We have a fix for the invalid package error you have been receiving. When it becomes available in your Google Play store, please download and install version 3.9.1.

If the issue persists after this installation, please re-open any previous tickets sent on the matter, or submit a new one if you did not previously report this.

negotiator
12-11-2013, 05:24 PM
We have a fix for the invalid package error you have been receiving. When it becomes available in your Google Play store, please download and install version 3.9.1.

If the issue persists after this installation, please re-open any previous tickets sent on the matter, or submit a new one if you did not previously report this.

Thanks for the reply.

I can not get the game to load at all on my ipad. No way to file a ticket

Wizbang
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Tried to install the newest version number 3.9.1 and receiving the same invalid package message. I would love to send a ticket but can't install the game at all to even have that option. How does your packaging team screw this up this b
ad that they still can't get it right on the second shot?

ffp
12-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Vaulting cash is a bit of an issue, gives me an "Unknown Error Happened" dialog. On the latest droid update 3.9.1

Mr P
12-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Version 3.9.1 still doesn't work. lost 24hr now on ltq.

G.V
12-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Version 3.9.1 still doesn't work. lost 24hr now on ltq.

Don't ask them what they plan to do with this..... the answer is some msgs before...... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

General Raub
12-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Its by design.. spend more

Wizbang
12-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Any word on when the actual fix will be available? Or is this now being considered "fixed".

X-BASS
12-12-2013, 06:41 AM
I have 3.9.1 and still asking me to update, vault bug and travel problem appear randomly, also the widget has disappeared too.

Uninstall, clean and reinstall didn't work.

TakeTheirTeeth
12-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Come on, over a million in monthly revenue and I can't connect to the server! ever!
"there seems to be a problem connecting to the server" EVERY DAY, come on guys.....#%$@

bruner
12-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Tried everything and I still get invalid package error. Not sure how to send in a ticket because I can't get the game installed in order to open it and send a ticket in......

jons_aces
12-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Im using an htc inspire, and getting invalid package error when downloading new update. so I uninstalled and tried reinstall just as ive done in past. Now I have no game and cannot download at all. this sucks after all the time and money spent on this game.

GEMH
12-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear that there are still issues with the error message with 3.9.1. I've notified the Devs that there's still a problem. As soon as there is new information, I'll let you know.

Mr P
12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the update!

Goodman
12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Yea, I am having the same problems! MW has been acting up for about 3 days. I uninstalled to see if that was the problem, I don't even have the game! It's giving me "package file is invalid" error.
I'm glad I have an understanding faction leader.

General Raub
12-12-2013, 10:22 AM
I was vague in my OP about what was going on in my game. I'm having vault issues, traveling map issues,and loading issues. I think it might have something related to the coding for these Cuba events.

Richard79
12-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Lmao, i just had a reply to my ticket asking me not to uninstall the app as the update wont be affective wtf is goin on? What do we do?

VinnieBarbarino
12-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear that there are still issues with the error message with 3.9.1. I've notified the Devs that there's still a problem. As soon as there is new information, I'll let you know.

This is ridiculous that you can't get this fixed. You should have just RE-RELEASED the last known working version, and held back on whatever versions are BROKEN. What are you doing TODAY to get this resolved???????

ALSO:
You HAVE to extend the LTQ so that EVERYONE who cannot access the game ( I haven't been able to get in since early yesterday morning - around 4AM Mountain Time I believe ), will have PLENTY of time to complete the LTQ. OR you need to take everyone who has not logged in over the last few days, and award them ALL of the possible rewards.

This baloney that GREE no longer reimburses players that have gold TAKEN by the game (these people are your CUSTOMERS, and in the world of business the CUSTOMER is always right - NOT the business owner).
I have personally lost well over 2,500 gold due to the fact that far too many things in Modern War do NOT have a "confirmation" button. If we are going to spend gold on something, we should have the right to expect a CONFIRMATION button before the gold is spent. The game has spent over 1,000 gold on 'expediting' expansion of the vault through multiple instances of this happening. This is WRONG, and we should not be penalized for your game not being programmed correctly.

It is unconscionable to refuse to reimburse clients/customers for something they spent REAL money to purchase, and then the game WRONGFULLY took from their account. The Energy refill, stamina refill, and Expedite building or upgrading of a building, are also all things that have cost me Gold that I NEVER Authorized. Yes I have refilled my energy a number of times, but it has done it numerous times when I NEVER clicked on that button.

Another problem with the game, is that if you tap on something say 6 times to do that 'task' 3 times and then it runs out of energy - the game takes the taps you did on that npc or whatever and attributes that tap to the 'refill energy' activation, even though you NEVER tapped on that button. That should NEVER happen, AND would NEVER happen if you had a simple CONFIRMATION button. Every player deserves a bonus of 500 gold, for putting up with all the headaches the game has given us.

The bottom line: The game should cater to the desires of the PLAYER, not to the desires of the company. WIthout those who play the game, the company would go bankrupt and close its doors. WIth HAPPY customers, the sales / profits will go UP...

VinnieBarbarino

Sean D
12-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Due to "invalid package" error, I cant even play the game. Great job gree.
Can't update as weel, and tried to reinstall - can't play either. INCREDIBLE

truck240-larry
12-13-2013, 02:00 AM
On the last update they add something to see what apps are running in the back ground while the game is running. I am having slow run time issues. we have 2 players both on android that cant start game.

sjekkie
12-13-2013, 06:01 AM
Error error and error since last update

Recas
12-13-2013, 06:35 AM
half my base is invisible due to all new LTBs being all invisible...

Richard79
12-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Gree pull your finger out your arse!!!!! Sort this now!!!!!! 3 days are your programmers mentaly greetarded??????

General Raub
12-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Still resolution to our issues ??

Mr P
12-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Another 24 hours and no word! Support are no help either, they think it's a case that we cant update, seems no one told them we cant open the game!!!!!!!!!

bruner
12-13-2013, 11:49 AM
still can't load the game. Did everything the mod said and everytime I try to download the game it says "file invalid" or "package file invalid"....whatever. I wish I could send in a ticket but I can't get into the game to send in a ticket!

mateochew
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I have not been able to play since 12-10-13, very frustrating. I have sent tickets with my other account. No response. I will get kicked out of my faction because of lack of participation, not to mention all the units I have missed.

busted
12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah I accidentally tried to update as well and am now getting the invalid package error. I have tried most of the fixes but at this point I am worried doing to much will ruin my CrimeCity account which is now at war. Any update on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

bruner
12-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I really don't understand why someone from Gree can't give us more info on this. I'm not looking for free prizes, I just want to know when I can download a new update. Trying to download the same broken update day after day is getting old........

Shawn Rambo
12-13-2013, 02:07 PM
What am I to do? I'm about to enter panic mode!

mateochew
12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Nothing we can do but wait.

Mr P
12-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Just had v3.9.2 appear on google play. I thought great lets go! WRONG! "package file invalid" yet again. Come on gree cant this get sorted once and for all?

elf_30
12-14-2013, 12:57 AM
it is possible install back the last vesion ?

Richard79
12-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Gree this is stupid, thismorning im trying to load the maps with the new npcs on and its takin anything from 5mins to 15mins to load each map!!!! Really when is this issue gonna be fixed, all you mods are quick enough to jump on other threads several times but cant post updates here on this issue.

mateochew
12-14-2013, 07:44 AM
So on google play its says v3.9.2, but im running v3.9.1 with no option to update. Still unable to load the game on my phone. Bravo gree. Great support. Your customer service is some of the worst ive seen. No response to most of the tickets I've started.

You should have a customer service phone #, I would love to call and give you a piece of my mind.

Gnorax
12-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Nothing has worked, this is crap, i'm so mad, I'm at 70/100@10/10 in the holiday event and i can't get back in to finish. I'm so mad at gree for not being to address this issue for everyone. I want my unit and I want it now. and my gold back for doing the this event. Teach me to trust that gree could not mess up my game.

Wizbang
12-14-2013, 04:15 PM
7 hours since the previous poster posted and nothing from gree or a mod. Congrats you guys are looking great!

vicvico
12-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Tried all new udates 3.90 3.91 3.92 all same issue Invalid Package File
also tried apk from aptoide.
i got email support from gree asking me to clear game data and cache . i lost totally the game.even i cannot get back to my old version 3.8.6

VinnieBarbarino
12-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Tried all new udates 3.90 3.91 3.92 all same issue Invalid Package File
also tried apk from aptoide.
i got email support from gree asking me to clear game data and cache . i lost totally the game.even i cannot get back to my old version 3.8.6

It doesn't matter whaat I have tried, all I ever get is "Package File is Invalid" and GREE *appears* to be doing absolutely nothing about it. A company with Good customer service would be posting in these forums MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY letting us know what's going on and what if any fixes they have to offer. A company with GREAT customer service (read: the OPPOSITE of GREEdy) would not only be loogging every complaint, obtaining our game id's, working triple time on the problem, posting updates in the forums EVERY HOUR, and OFFERING ALL who are locked out of the game for 6 days now REAL compensation in the form of 250 gold per day we are locked out. But GREE thinks it can screw us all over and NEVER reimburse ANY gold to anyone (at least they claim that is their policy, but I GUARABTEE you anyone spending $500 and up per month gets whatever they wan whenever they want - including BONUS gold on their purchases). GREE has another thing coming! I for one will absolutely NEVER buy another piece of gold, as long as GREEdy continues to *screw the customer* over and over and over.

I have personally lost well over 2,500 gold in Modern War alone, simply because they are too dang LAZY to program confirmation buttons on the stamina & energy refill buttons, or the complete expansion or complete vault expansion or complete building creation/expansion. It is that way simply because they get a whole lot from us, and we get squat frrom them. GREE is bordering on being criminal in their actions in my opinion... I believe that these are deliberate and premeditated efforts to defraud us out of our gold and therby our cash. That's international wire FRAUD, if anyone mails in mioney towards gold then it is also Postal Fraud.

I am fit to be tied, furious, livid, and a few other raw emotions! Anyone who posts here on behalf of GREE has to know they are ging to be attacked since they are the *face of GREE* - even if they have no clout nor ability to make changes....

So GREE - are you going to bother to fix Modern War for all of us who have been locked out For DAYS due to poor programming? Where are you CJ or whomever works for GREE and is supposedly here to help us.................. Hello???? Is GREE still here?

G-force1
12-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Same problem here, uninstalled the game and unable to reinstall.

vicvico
12-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Any idea if i wipe reset my phone to factory defaults . and installed again the game. it works ? Or i loose my base?

Ulrich von Bek
12-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Invalid data file
I have tried resetting my phone to factory default it didn't work. My game is saved to the SD card so I won't lose it.

How much longer GREE?

Dilligaf13
12-15-2013, 03:27 AM
Due to "invalid package" error, I cant even play the game. Great job gree.Same here, can't reinstall the game because of invalid package error, missed last 2 events and doesn't look like I will be getting back in any time soon, haven't even gotten a reply back from gree yet.

Dilligaf13
12-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Any idea if i wipe reset my phone to factory defaults . and installed again the game. it works ? Or i loose my base?Don't reset your phone, you will lose your base and everything. It will make you start all over. After multiple emails to gree you will get it back in about 3-4 weeks, that's how long it took me for them to get me my base back after their game fried my phone last year.

Generik79
12-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Looks like I am no longer at war with android enemies...GREE has caused them to fall so far behind they will have to surrender. Thanks GREE.

Totally ridiculous folks. I'm sorry their incompetence does this to you all.

Wizbang
12-15-2013, 07:22 AM
Can we please get an update as to when this will actually get fixed?

Major Douchebag
12-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Hits haven't been registering for the last 2 events. Makes the whole game pretty pointless this month, can't get the reward units or the Medals. Serious BS.

mateochew
12-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Hello Matthew,

Thank you for contacting GREE Support.

We are aware of these issues and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and we appreciate your continued patience!

Regards,

David Scott
Team GREE

just got an email from gree,

Not very reassuring.

When gree, when will this be fixed?

Shawn Rambo
12-15-2013, 08:23 AM
At least you got a response out of em.
I have received nothing.

Crowe77
12-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction to be able to put a ticket in when I cant install the game?

gotcha420
12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
My game was trying to update but kept saying file package invalid so i deleted it and tried to reinstall and I'm still having the invalid error come up..now i have no game CAN SOMEONE HELLLLLPPPP PLEASE

KCCO ŘedŘum
12-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Morgan, Dec 15 12:58 (PST):

Hey Grant,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I will pass your feedback directly to our developers.

Regards,

Morgan

What this means, your screwed, no units will be compensated. But I won't stop and neither should you!

mateochew
12-15-2013, 02:01 PM
You cant put a ticket in unless you can load the game. Sorry man, we are f@cked.

mateochew
12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Your request (#Modern War Issue Report) has been closed. This means that the issue is being worked on now, or the issue is solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

Morgan Johannsen, Dec 15*12:41*(PST):

Hey matthew,

Thank you for the reply and status update.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We are looking into this matter now.

Regards,

Morgan

Gree closed all my tickets.

Still nothing to get my account running again.

Real nice job gree.
you have done good.
Sweep that sh $ t under the rug you dumb bast@rds

gotcha420
12-15-2013, 02:25 PM
You cant put a ticket in unless you can load the game. Sorry man, we are f@cked.

I guess i could if i could INSTALL THE GAME

kj2973999
12-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I also had the issue after being frustrated with constant force closes I decided to unin-stall MW and then reinstall MW. When trying to install I would get "invalid file install". After about 6hrs of frustration I found a fix that worked for me, I hope it will work for some of you.

1. With Rom Toolbox Lite I cleared the Cache not the Data.
2. With Rom Toolbox Lite I uninstalled MW. Because I sideloaded a older version that did not work.
3. With Rom Toolbox Lite I did a Reboot.
4. Logged onto http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/
5. Searched for MW and downloaded. 1Mobile will download its app 1st then it will download MW.
6. Then cross fingers and intall.

Surprisingly the MW installed and is now working. It still force closes but at least I can play when it lets me.
Good luck I hope it works for you.

G.V
12-16-2013, 04:04 AM
The problem seems that is solved for the moment. but i believe we deserve a compensation for the units we lost all these days

Mr P
12-16-2013, 05:16 AM
Managed to download and install of Google Play last night and it finally worked. Contacted support to get my game back because I had even tried to do a factory reset. All back, up and running again within a few hours. Got to give a big thanks to Morgan that got my game transferred back. Will just have to wait and see how long before the next issue!
Only lost 5 days with ltq's but don't think we'll get any compensation for it or even a decent apology!

bruner
12-16-2013, 07:38 AM
ha! I was finally able to download the game but everytime I go to open it gives me this "the application modern war has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

Is this a game issue or a phone issue?

Richard79
12-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Game issue

bruner
12-16-2013, 07:50 AM
it finally tried to open but now this is what I get...."Unable to install database. You may need to free up some space to continue"

I know the phone is a POS but it says I have 145MB of free space in internal storage. Is that enough?

Wizbang
12-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Wtf! Still nothing from admins or devs? Why don't you all at least have the balls to say you are all screwed if you are going to do nothing. Or we can't figure it out and will continue to milk those that can get in.

SPWD
12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
They don't care!

Snowball
12-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Game is back and it only took a week and a half!
Ok well sorta back ... If I can get past the force close I can play for a few minutes! But all LE units are gone! Bought the new one but now it has disappeared once built and is unable to upgrade .... I can attack! but not raid as that is an immediate force close ... Luckily I can do the ltq but can not spend gold for refill as that causes force close
I guess its GREE big thank you for being a loyal paying customer for 2 years ...
And as for the laughable post expecting reimbursement to hell with free GREE won't even spend your gold for you when you have gods plenty to do the ltqs they have/had us locked out of ...

So its forced retirement I guess as I helplessly fall further and further behind
Again GREE thank you for proving that you don't give a squat about your customers and for completely destroying something I really enjoyed so much! Never felt like I wasted a dime or my time till you straight stole Gree !!!

Crowe77
12-18-2013, 06:40 AM
Still nothing but the force close. Day 6 for me. I cant send a ticket in because the game wont load. I explained my problem in a force close report. Not sure what good that did.

Loyal player, spent enough cash and used enough gift cards over time. Come on Gree! Do/Say Something!

GEMH
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
If the invalid file issue persists, please try these steps recommended by the developers for resolution:

1. Go to Settings

2. Click Application or Apps

3. Click Manage Applications

4. Uninstall Modern War (You can uninstall MW from your App list if your device allows it)

5. Go back to Manage Applications

6. Find Google Play Store, then force stop and then clear data

7. Open Google Play Store app and let it update (if necessary relogin and accept the terms).

8. Install MW

If this doesn't resolve the matter, please let our Support Team know.

Crowe77
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
If the invalid file issue persists, please try these steps recommended by the developers for resolution:

1. Go to Settings

2. Click Application or Apps

3. Click Manage Applications

4. Uninstall Modern War (You can uninstall MW from your App list if your device allows it)

5. Go back to Manage Applications

6. Find Google Play Store, then force stop and then clear data

7. Open Google Play Store app and let it update (if necessary relogin and accept the terms).

8. Install MW

If this doesn't resolve the matter, please let our Support Team know.

Thank you GEMH, that actually worked for me. I had tried everything in this list except the Play Store data clear. I will keep THAT in mind for the future.

Please let the team know that a little information goes a long way during these 'glitches.' The customer support level with Gree games is extremely bad through email and on this board.