PDA

View Full Version : Sitting out the next war in protest!

PRIMETIME77
12-10-2013, 08:10 AM
My faction M3erica will be sitting out the next war in protest. If we choose to fight it will be gold free. I realize the recruiting risk this puts on my faction, however officers and myself have decided this is the right thing to do. Too many are in disagreement with the war between Christmas and New years. We also realize Gree is in this to make money, we are making the choice not to give it to them during this particular time of the year. Good luck to those choosing to fight this next one and we look forward to facing you all again in the New Year!

rar
12-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Good for you. We might have to do the same thing due to lack of anyone available to fight. Close to half of my faction will be doing Holiday things with family or on trips ect, including myself. Btw, we had an epic battle with you guys on Saturday. We (Rudedudes) edged you out only by a couple thousand points. 250k to 240k something like that. It was a great battle. Good luck with what you are doing. I agree the timing of this next war is stupid. This war should be moved back one week.

My faction M3erica will be sitting out the next war in protest. If we choose to fight it will be gold free. I realize the recruiting risk this puts on my faction, however officers and myself have decided this is the right thing to do. Too many are in disagreement with the war between Christmas and New years. We also realize Gree is in this to make money, we are making the choice not to give it to them during this particular time of the year. Good luck to those choosing to fight this next one and we look forward to facing you all again in the New Year!

Judas Goat
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm sure the start date will be adjusted to either January 3rd, or the 10th. More likely the 10th, in order to allow bonuses to be disbursed.

In the meantime, I'm sure these discussions are being observed.

In the end, we all can choose what's best for each of us.

It'll all be resolved in a week or so.

It was all a test anyway, is my guess.

UpOnOne
12-10-2013, 10:02 AM
I like pooping

Richard79
12-10-2013, 11:24 AM
We are also sitting out the next wd

psuengineer
12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Saw your thread. Talked to our officers and we will likely also follow the same strategy of no gold and not requiring participation for this event. Thanks for the idea!

Blade of 3
12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
More rewards for us.

Vegaman
12-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Understand your frustrations but to think 20,000 odd factions will sit it out isn't going to happen.
My guess is there will be thousands of 1 man teams all going for the win streaks as they will see an opportunity to jump from their factions for 1 war.

mreilly
12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
More rewards for us.

Have you seen the rewards? lol

psuengineer
12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Have you seen the rewards? lol

My thoughts exactly.

DTA-HOG
12-10-2013, 01:36 PM
They will not extend the war til Jan 10. They need the revenue to show up in 2013. There will be plenty of people fighting in the war. I love my family but I'm looking forward to the tiny break every couple of hours. My faction only gets about 30 battles in. Yours might be different.

narsly
12-10-2013, 02:10 PM
They will not extend the war til Jan 10. They need the revenue to show up in 2013. There will be plenty of people fighting in the war. I love my family but I'm looking forward to the tiny break every couple of hours. My faction only gets about 30 battles in. Yours might be different.

Fiscal year and calender year are two completely different things.....:rolleyes:

narsly
12-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Even the forums lag... jeez....

Durt McGurt
12-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Did't you already leave the game? >> see thread >> http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?75026-Adios-MW

Speaking of threads...what happened to your thread about our meeting in Italy? How did Netherlands treat you?

MaroonMonsoon
12-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I'd hate to be in your faction you sound a real meanie!

Mr. Mom
12-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Did't you already leave the game? >> see thread >> http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?75026-Adios-MW

Speaking of threads...what happened to your thread about our meeting in Italy? How did Netherlands treat you?

Thing is McGurt, we still beat u in Italy. You fell asleep on a team that u apparently thought had rolled over and died, but we didnt. So wow u finally learned to play smarter this past war and beat us where u should have beat us in Italy 2. So quit complaining and get over it. The underdogs taught u a lesson. M3erica.

PRIMETIME77
12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
There will eventually be another meeting Mcgurt and I will be waiting. Yes I did leave the game, only to come back for the opportunity to kick your ass again.

AceBAF
12-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Back on topic, the right thing to do would be to start a BfC boycott in which we spend our "elective" funds on donations to worthy charities. It's a good time of year to help those in need, not those in GREEd. Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

PRIMETIME77
12-10-2013, 03:26 PM
To all those who are saying us sitting out the war is a moot point. Yes it may be a moot point, yes the rewards may be great. However this is about principal. Gree may not move the date back, nor will they cancel it. This is more about not giving them the money for an event which is poorly scheduled and giving my faction members the chance to spend the holidays with their families. Sometimes being a leader means going against the grain and doing the right thing. I feel I am doing what is best. You are all free to do as you please.

Richard79
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
To all those who are saying us sitting out the war is a moot point. Yes it may be a moot point, yes the rewards may be great. However this is about principal. Gree may not move the date back, nor will they cancel it. This is more about not giving them the money for an event which is poorly scheduled and giving my faction members the chance to spend the holidays with their families. Sometimes being a leader means going against the grain and doing the right thing. I feel I am doing what is best. You are all free to do as you please.

Well said that man, I stand along side you as a leader of a faction and doing what you feel is right.

Durt McGurt
12-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Thing is McGurt, we still beat u in Italy. You fell asleep on a team that u apparently thought had rolled over and died, but we didnt. So wow u finally learned to play smarter this past war and beat us where u should have beat us in Italy 2. So quit complaining and get over it. The underdogs taught u a lesson. M3erica.

Live and learn. Thank you for the lesson, I think we passed. Can you please show where I am/was complaining?

Durt McGurt
12-10-2013, 04:55 PM
There will eventually be another meeting Mcgurt and I will be waiting. Yes I did leave the game, only to come back for the opportunity to kick your ass again.

We met in Netherlands.... Did you sleep on it?

Durt McGurt
12-10-2013, 04:57 PM
But back on topic... Have a nice holiday.

mreilly
12-10-2013, 05:03 PM
I dont see how anyone can say its a mute point about sitting out a war. I would like to see more factions doing so.. Most factions will already have many members missing so why not give the war a break for everyone? Would you rather go into a war with half your faction half assing it while missing out on the holidays?

I won't be around much myself.. nor will others in my faction. I pity those that even bother with this war or put any effort into it what so ever. My family and friends will come first this holiday.

PRIMETIME77
12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Ah Mcgurt Mcgurt Mcgurt... never gonna let it go are ya. Happy holidays to you as well. Don't get too comfortable.

Russ-navy
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
it is us to decide how they do things, by how we respond and buy gold, if enough boycott the event then will help with the lower factions to get some rewards that they deserve for playing the game no matter where they place, and to show gree that, votes and actions count

Speak Easy
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I dont see how anyone can say its a mute point about sitting out a war.

Mreilly, no one has said it's a mute point. Whatever mute point us supposed to mean.

My faction M3erica will be sitting out the next war in protest. If we choose to fight it will be gold free. ............, however officers and myself have decided this is the right thing to do. ............

Good luck to those choosing to fight this next one and we look forward to facing you all again in the New Year!

PrimeTime77, your headline was "Sitting out the next war in protest!"

So are you fighting, or sitting it out in protest; or are you conflicted as to what to do?

You will fight hard I think.

DFI
12-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Understand your frustrations but to think 20,000 odd factions will sit it out isn't going to happen.
My guess is there will be thousands of 1 man teams all going for the win streaks as they will see an opportunity to jump from their factions for 1 war.

Give this man an award! Bingo.

mreilly
12-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Mreilly, no one has said it's a mute point. Whatever mute point us supposed to mean.

PrimeTime77, your headline was "Sitting out the next war in protest!"

So are you fighting, or sitting it out in protest; or are you conflicted as to what to do?

You will fight hard I think.

Where do you think they will rank if they aren't spending any gold? To me that's the same thing as sitting out in protest?

I still pity those that will be playing this war.

Major Elvis Newton
12-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I dont see how anyone can say its a mute point about sitting out a war.

There is no such term as mute point.

Aside from that, nobody is ever gonna be happy with this game. You should just stop playing if you're that annoyed but we all know the only thing this boycott will get you is a decrease in ranking and a loss on limited time units.

Speak Easy
12-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Where do you think they will rank if they aren't spending any gold? To me that's the same thing as sitting out in protest?

Ok, we have different interpretations of what 'sitting out' means. That's fine.

Good luck with your gold free war

Nighthawk
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
There is no such term as mute point.

I agree. Everyone know that it's "moo point", you know, like a cows opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkJ4BUChxI

mreilly
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
haha cool the grammar police are out in full force lol. By the looks of things everyone's playing through the holidays because "you need to". I suppose "i needed to" play on my holidays 2 weeks ago as well?

My accounts are down 800 k from being in cuba during the week of thanksgiving. I missed the boss event and the one day event which has me realizing how quickly you can fall behind in the game in a split second. Feel free to spend your holidays playing the war but i wont be. If you don't miss this event surely you will miss the next one, or the next.. or the one after that...

PRIMETIME77
12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
No what this boycott will do is allow the faction members to spend holiday time with their families. A decrease in rank and missingnout on a few units is easily recovered from. Especially with a faction of our standing. Again we have decided what's most important to us. Anyone who wants to join us in this isnmorebthan welcome to do so. Anyone who chooses not to. Well, suit yourself.

Hooligany
12-10-2013, 11:37 PM

Haha.. Exposed.

Speak Easy
12-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Haha.. Exposed.

Seriously, who cares? So what.

Anyway you are off topic and trolling.

Gen CheeBye
12-11-2013, 05:26 AM

Still fighting but gold free. No pity required.