PDA

View Full Version : Cold Front = Gree(dy)

jrb22250
12-09-2013, 06:25 PM
How is anyone ever expected to finish any of these events without spending gold. Gree you need to make the events achievable. No instead you make it where anyone with out Energy Regen unit (that you only give out to factions that spend $100,000 on gold) would have to spend two (2) vaults of gold.

Normal Stage takes: 22,504 energy and you get a total of 10,003 attack/10,903 Defense (total with all units)

Typical Player: 3 Energy Per min = 180 per hour = 4,320 per day Event 96 Hours = 17,280 energy. (5,224 short)

I understand GREE not making it where you can finish Prestige Mode. But at least make Normal mode achievable.

My best guess as of now is Prestige is: 138,182 energy needed.

So if you spent gold in the past and made it to a plus 3 regen (double typical player) still not achievable.

Whats your thoughts?

Since I am being asked what it would take to finish this event:
@3 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,880 gold
@4 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,760 gold
@5 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,640 gold
@6 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,540 gold
@7 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,420 gold
@8 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 2,300 gold

@28 energy/per hour starting with 1,000 energy would take 0 gold

Gatecrasher
12-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Anyone who spends gold to complete normal mode is a total mug

AlexFoo
12-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I had prestaged all of normal during the war. gold spent - 0. I had the first 7 levels of prestige done the same. Yes now I'm grinding it out, its going to be a ton of energy, but there are ways to mitigate the expense. just takes planning.

hotshauny123
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
How is anyone ever expected to finish any of these events without spending gold. Gree you need to make the events achievable. No instead you make it where anyone with out Energy Regen unit (that you only give out to factions that spend $100,000 on gold) would have to spend two (2) vaults of gold.

Normal Stage takes: 22,504 energy and you get a total of 10,003 attack/10,903 Defense (total with all units)

Typical Player: 3 Energy Per min = 180 per hour = 4,320 per day Event 96 Hours = 17,280 energy. (5,224 short)

I understand GREE not making it where you can finish Prestige Mode. But at least make Normal mode achievable.

My best guess as of now is Prestige is: 138,182 energy needed.

So if you spent gold in the past and made it to a plus 3 regen (double typical player) still not achievable.

Whats your thoughts?

there needs to be an enticement. At least there needs to be a view one can get to the gold to level up and then you can spend a little in each event. But It seems as if Gree is always expecting gold yet the game crashes Daily. It was close to a week on the Boss event that not one over 12 could be achieved.

If in the war you hit x in a row you get a regen or the like. It is always about eliciting money yet there has to be a perceived value. If the sales were reasonable. This event Runs over Xmas how can you expect ever. faction member to be at the table .

jrb22250
12-09-2013, 06:52 PM
I had prestaged all of normal during the war. gold spent - 0. I had the first 7 levels of prestige done the same. Yes now I'm grinding it out, its going to be a ton of energy, but there are ways to mitigate the expense. just takes planning.

I personally am 6 energy per hour. I had all pre staged upto 11/20 prestige. (normal mode took me 1,221 energy to finish with all pre staged, prestige was another 780 to make it to 11/20)

I agree on planning, but all the planning in the world will not help a normal account. Or what about when Gree resets targets like they have done before.

Gatecrasher
12-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Shhhh! Ffs. I'm sure everyone here doesn't need an explanation on prestaging.

ThreeMonkeys
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
I stopped playing ltq's a long time ago mostly because of excessive xp. But a gold requirement to finish normal mode is another good reason not to play these silly events. I'm a mostly free player and I understand that gree needs revenue like any business. But as a free player, I get what I pay for.

killapickles
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I was able to prestage all normal levels during the war. Completed them all in 1 hour with zero gold spent. It is possible.

Thumpr
12-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Personally, I think that to finish the event, it should cost just a little gold. Normal should be achievable by all players relatively easy. If it's planned out and you put the work and time in, the normal mode should be achievable in say...75% of the event time. Prestige mode should cost a little gold, but only say around 100 to finish the event before the deadline. If you want it faster or you have to catch up...fine, you have to spend more gold. A vault of gold should last a bit, not be used up in the first of many events in a war.

My father once told me that it is alright for someone to make a profit off of you in business, that is the purpose of commerce and trade. But they shouldn't take you to the cleaners just because they can.

jrb22250
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Personally, I think that to finish the event, it should cost just a little gold. Normal should be achievable by all players relatively easy. If it's planned out and you put the work and time in, the normal mode should be achievable in say...75% of the event time. Prestige mode should cost a little gold, but only say around 100 to finish the event before the deadline. If you want it faster or you have to catch up...fine, you have to spend more gold. A vault of gold should last a bit, not be used up in the first of many events in a war.

My father once told me that it is alright for someone to make a profit off of you in business, that is the purpose of commerce and trade. But they shouldn't take you to the cleaners just because they can.

I agree 100% also like your fathers out look

Thumpr
12-09-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree 100% also like your fathers out lookit was when I went to buy my first car and the sale people would back off on the added clear coat in the cost. I've taken that lesson to heart and if I believe a company is ripping people off, just b/c they can...well...I can just do without whatever it is they are selling. That's why I've only spent $300 on this game over the last year. Now if I could just get around needing to buy gas.....

TheRain
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
most top 100 faction players have regen aroung 18...... and 4k energy... I do atleast

danieldkim
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM
most top 100 faction players have regen aroung 18...... and 4k energy... I do atleast

Woah, 18 regen. That's actually quite high. I don't know too many people with 18 regen and I've been in Top 25 factions for a while.

Steg
12-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Anyone who spends gold to complete normal mode is a total mug

Completely agree!!

According to my calcs, I can finish 11/20 prestige without spending a penny (never spent a penny yet on this game)

I have 2300 energy and regen +6 per minute.

As soon as I know I cant make the next unit, I stop. Do I care if I miss out on a unit? no.

Not paying money for a little picture of something that doesn't even do anything apart from bump up some numbers.

Dansgek
12-10-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm half at 16/20 without using gold. Prestaged everything i could since the data push.

If I calculate right i can finish 19/20 without gold. Then i have to make the decision to complete or not.

5400 energy with +10 and Iranian flag.

mickymacirl
12-10-2013, 02:05 AM
The max energy regen currently possible is 23 a minute, still doesn't allow you to finish the LTQ without gold.

JDub
12-10-2013, 02:25 AM
If you are all upset about this part of the event your going to be really upset when you find the target that's waiting for a future event on mountain pass

SGT Rud
12-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Ive always had the opinion that events should/should not cost gold. I feel that the event should be set up in a way that you can complete gold free if you dont mess something up, ie. if an LTQ takes 28k energy total, as long as you are pre-staged fully, and dont let your energy cap, then no gold needed, but if you jerked around the pre-staging and didnt watch your energy, then you should have to start your calculations as to what the unit will cost you.

Some events should cost you gold, ie. anything that is considered a leaderboard such as WD, FvF, some chests.

However I still feel that LTQs should move from new NPCs back to original map missions. I think LTQs should jump around to various maps, from the early levels to the far advanced, as a secondary measure to complete map missions. I think unit buildings and cash units should be part of the LTQ process.

Just my opinion - dont hate me!

Dansgek
12-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Well,

Because of the difference in Energy Regen it is the question what should be max energy?

My opinion is, that normal mode should be available for everyone. Prestige can cost gold.

If an event will cost gold, i think it should be rewarded with bonus units. At the moment the Energy events (excluding 1 day events) haven't got bonus units in it. This way the Energy events aren't worth as much as other events.

free play
12-10-2013, 07:20 AM

I agree what your father says, I managed to get up to 10/20 prestaged when the targets arrived, did miss a bit of energy on them and I'm 5 a min, there is no way anyone is going to prestage all targets in the time given since they where added till the event started, I need over 130 k energy to complete prestige and il only get 21k in the time that's left, I think a bit more that 100 gold would be needed to complete, a couple of vaults more like it, they are worse than most governments , milking us for everything, not me anymore

Thunder Child
12-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Wish more people reasoned things out like this. Your father is quite right, IMHO.

Emerald_
12-10-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree with your fathers wisdom, but the fact remains, if you follow them to the cleaners it's your own damn fault.

S&H Max
12-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Well,

Because of the difference in Energy Regen it is the question what should be max energy?

My opinion is, that normal mode should be available for everyone. Prestige can cost gold.

If an event will cost gold, i think it should be rewarded with bonus units. At the moment the Energy events (excluding 1 day events) haven't got bonus units in it. This way the Energy events aren't worth as much as other events.

Anyone that started hitting when the new target came out can easily finish normal gold free

Even someone with no pre-stadging and +5

also you need to remember gree is a business, the objective is to make money... If you could finish LTQ without gold, why would you buy some.... the idea being a business is to make money!

Also in this consideration, most of the spendre on this forum or on the game arent +3 on energy so that why the requirements need to be higher!

As simple as that, its nice that they offer free player to play the game, but those free playing need to understand that for the game to work they need to get money somewhere... So I really dont understand why free player complain, they have a free game! Fine!

Godhand
12-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Anyone that started hitting when the new target came out can easily finish normal gold free

Even someone with no pre-stadging and +5

also you need to remember gree is a business, the objective is to make money... If you could finish LTQ without gold, why would you buy some.... the idea being a business is to make money!

Also in this consideration, most of the spendre on this forum or on the game arent +3 on energy so that why the requirements need to be higher!

As simple as that, its nice that they offer free player to play the game, but those free playing need to understand that for the game to work they need to get money somewhere... So I really dont understand why free player complain, they have a free game! Fine!

That's a dumb analogy. So because gold spenders are willing to saturate the game with excessive spending, free players and, essentially, all new players should concede a gaming experience that has any semblance of competitive balance.!? That's like saying non steroid users should be okay with opponents using PEDs because the sport is a business out to make money. Idiotic

S&H Max
12-11-2013, 05:43 AM
That's a dumb analogy. So because gold spenders are willing to saturate the game with excessive spending, free players and, essentially, all new players should concede a gaming experience that has any semblance of competitive balance.!? That's like saying non steroid users should be okay with opponents using PEDs because the sport is a business out to make money. Idiotic

THink about what you just say...

sport live by their fan... so they recive money that way...

how should gree pay there bills if every event could be finish for free gold...

your linking 2 way different things together

DO you know that economy and finance are? Cie need money, free players are good to creat a lot of traffic and to talk about the game but you need a bigger team and a bigger server, how should you pay for this?

People on this forum need to start thinking about the big picture before requesting things for themself... I want the same stats as the guys that make this game a possibility cause they pay for my free game... they just have more money then me they should pay but I should recive the same pixel as they do!

I'm so tired of this non-sense

(for the record im a ligth spender, and I get crush by those guys, but they pay for the developpement of the game they can have better stats then me and rob me 3,6mil all day long!)

Godhand
12-11-2013, 08:16 AM
The resPonse for this would take task t
THink about what you just say...

sport live by their fan... so they recive money that way...

how should gree pay there bills if every event could be finish for free gold...

your linking 2 way different things together

DO you know that economy and finance are? Cie need money, free players are good to creat a lot of traffic and to talk about the game but you need a bigger team and a bigger server, how should you pay for this?

People on this forum need to start thinking about the big picture before requesting things for themself... I want the same stats as the guys that make this game a possibility cause they pay for my free game... they just have more money then me they should pay but I should recive the same pixel as they do!

I'm so tired of this non-sense

(for the record im a ligth spender, and I get crush by those guys, but they pay for the developpement of the game they can have better stats then me and rob me 3,6mil all day long!)

The resPonse to this would take too long on my phone. ..

Mongo
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I am playing thru 10 prestige to get 3 medals, won't spend an ounce of gold. If they put ridiculous goals out there, what does it make one to covet them? You can earn a decent spot in this game never spending a dime on gold. Although it certainly helps to have some faction mates who do....

badgerblood
12-11-2013, 10:32 AM
One thing I would advise is to check your mission maps on a regular basis. Gree placed the Cold Front mission tasks before the challenge was even available, giving us the chance to begin prepping on them. I only have a recovery of 3 energy per minute and have finished the Regular Cold Front with 51 hours to spare.. without using gold. Another thing is to beware of when you are going to be leveling up, which added 2,800 energy once I did in my case.

Just start at the first map and attack each person till it is one away from completing, for example (9/10) attacks so when the challenge starts you only have one left. If Gree is giving us the opportunity to prep, we should take advantage of it.