PDA

View Full Version : War between Christmas and New Year?

rar
12-09-2013, 12:45 PM
So we just got our best finish so far, somewhere around 70, maybe a little better. Now we have to go to war on the weekend that almost everyone in our faction is going to be out of town or with family or both. War on the Weekend between Christmas and New Year? Gree, this the dumbest thing you have done since you have taken over this game. You couldn't wait one more weekend? My faction might be MIA for the next war.

Kill Joy
12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
they do not care!! All they care about is money. This proves just this.

sirdirty11
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
yea.. a lot in my faction(s) are out or on vacation.

I wonder if it so bad to take off a week?

You're telling me Gree is going to make employees work the holidays? That is harsh..

rar
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
My guess is they are trying to get a few more bucks in before the end of the year. However, in the long run it will lower revenue due to less people playing the game. They also have an event going on between the 23rd and the 27th. I guess it is ok for the 40 year old nerds that still live in their parents basement eating Cheetos and tapping their orange stained fingers on their phones, but for the rest of us forget that event.

they do not care!! All they care about is money. This proves just this.

Web323
12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Remember last year they gave a 50% off on Christmas

Blade of 3
12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
At least it isn't ON Christmas or new years day. I thought they positioned the war fine but I guess everyone has their own plans. Everyone is busy all around that time of the year.

Kill Joy
12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
they barely even work now!!!! if they actually worked the game wouldn't be so ****ed up

HayeZeus
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
They want to get a hold of iTunes cards that are given as gifts for Christmas. Hopefully they do another 40-50 percent off sale. If they do I will stock up enough to keep me playing through 2 more wars (probably 10k gold or so) If they don't, I won't spend another penny on the game and will finally give it up.

TheDanimal
12-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Think about this like a business. They want to capitalize on all the money & iTunes cards people will receive for the holidays and catch people while they are still in a mood to spend money.
I do not like the timing either, but can you blame them? It makes good business sense.

SpikeyKit
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
If the last 2 wars didnt indicate to you that we would have one on these days, well what is there to be said. People arent gonna be happy, or are they gonna be at work...
Forseen these dates and wasnt worried 1 bit.

Good Luck to everyone

Speak Easy
12-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Think about this like a business. They want to capitalize on all the money & iTunes cards people will receive for the holidays and catch people while they are still in a mood to spend money.
I do not like the timing either, but can you blame them? It makes good business sense.

It only makes good business sense if the customers want the product at that time otherwise it is bad business sense and even worse sense if they lose paying customers permanently because of the decision.

They have likely weighed up the risk v reward and it's a long term positive for them.

That being the case, then there must be plenty here that would find the scheduled times attractive.

There must be a low risk of losing paying customers because of that decision.

They have likely considered that the decision will also attract new players and potential spenders. I'm not sure how that works with running a WD then. I thought an attractive event to include them (the new ones - assuming thats what they are trying to attract over this period) may have worked better.

At the end of the day, they would be business fools to have nothing happening over that time. I'm personally just not sure of the wisdom of a faction event requiring considerable hours. That could be a tipping point for some. Perhaps not.

I'm sure they have researched all of that and much more and this is the very best decision for them going forward.

Speak Easy
12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
At least it isn't ON Christmas or new years day. I thought they positioned the war fine but I guess everyone has their own plans. Everyone is busy all around that time of the year.

It's on New Years day for some on the other side of the world.

Richard79
12-10-2013, 02:18 AM
My faction is sitting this wd out after the last matchup issue

Speak Easy
12-10-2013, 05:15 AM
You will be one of the few factions that sit it out entirely.

Many say now their faction will sit it out but the power of Gree and our addiction will ensure we MUST do it.

To heck with quality family time, there are pixels to be won.

I'm sure we will find a way to convince ourselves we can fit in quality family time and WD without anyone noticing.

Oh, but that's after the MUST DO event directly over Christmas.

They will all be linked and Gree says YOU WILL DO THEM or get left well behind. We are trapped.

Happy Family Greestmas everyone.

Judas Goat
12-10-2013, 05:35 AM
You will be one of the few factions that sit it out entirely.

Many say now their faction will sit it out but the power of Gree and our addiction will ensure we MUST do it.

To heck with quality family time, there are pixels to be won.

I'm sure we will find a way to convince ourselves we can fit in quality family time and WD without anyone noticing.

Oh, but that's after the MUST DO event directly over Christmas.

They will all be linked and Gree says YOU WILL DO THEM or get left well behind. You are trapped.

Happy Family Greestmas everyone.

They know all of that. Trust me, they'll get angry at you sooner, rather than later, if you don't stop.

They're aware of what all of this means, daresay their other half is howling, whining, and squealing about it regularly, plus the SPENDING.

It's none of my business, I'm just a nothing loser, too.

But, if you're smart, I'd stop doing it.

Merry Christmas.

Elite Enforcer
12-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Let's see, buy gold or buy gifts for Christmas.

Agent Orange
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
It only makes good business sense if the customers want the product at that time otherwise it is bad business sense and even worse sense if they lose paying customers permanently because of the decision.

They have likely weighed up the risk v reward and it's a long term positive for them.

That being the case, then there must be plenty here that would find the scheduled times attractive.

There must be a low risk of losing paying customers because of that decision.

They have likely considered that the decision will also attract new players and potential spenders. I'm not sure how that works with running a WD then. I thought an attractive event to include them (the new ones - assuming thats what they are trying to attract over this period) may have worked better.

At the end of the day, they would be business fools to have nothing happening over that time. I'm personally just not sure of the wisdom of a faction event requiring considerable hours. That could be a tipping point for some. Perhaps not.

I'm sure they have researched all of that and much more and this is the very best decision for them going forward.

Um I think you give them far more credit then they deserve. It isn't like this is the first and probably won't be the last scheduling screw up.

It does seem dumb considering many IT and software companies tend to shut down during the Christmas to New Years stretch so I feel sorry for the poor grunts in the Greed trench who get screwed over and have to work during that week and weekend while the rest of their comrades are out enjoying the time with friends and family.

Kavoc
12-10-2013, 10:28 AM
They're probably doing it over the holidays cause there is no Cuban Christmas.