PDA

View Full Version : Misses!?

Stooboot
12-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Is there a new system for misses? My whole team is missing 10x as much as usual, its a little ridiculous 4 or 5 misses in 1 battle

Sarah 101
12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Me too ,We miss and enemy's attack with critical attacks , even the epic boss most of his attacks are critical !! Gree that not FUNNY ;(

Lonestar Light
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
This applies to every area of the game btw, I went a full arena battle without making a single hit.
Yet our opponents hardly misses. It's frustrating

Andromeda
12-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm having this problem too. My opponent never misses it. It's NOT fun like this. I can only battle people I can one-hit kill because otherwise the misses kill me. Other people aren't having this problem in my guild so I think something is wrong with my account. :(

Helena G Wells
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Definitely. It feel like I'm being consistently hamstrung with multiple misses and return crits against people I would always beat in a straight fight. It's infuriating.

Jman
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I have this same problem. I miss 3-4 times a battle ON AVERAGE. Wars are now stupid for me because I can lose to people with only the big four with my EB+ and epic armor. So much for all the hard work I've done becoming strong. The times where I only have 1 miss or no misses are like the times i used to get 2-3 misses, very rare. Please put the misses back like they used to be gree, the wars and arena aren't only not fun anymore, they are downright stupid.

bosskiller
12-10-2013, 08:42 PM
I dont have it as bad as you guys, but it is pretty ridiculous how many misses. And criticial hits by opponents.

Dianish
12-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Would you rather win every single time?

I still think the misses are important. They make sure that even the best can lose - Even when they are full of penis-enlargers. They annoy me so much. I have lost EB kill 43 and 60 to it. I have lost the most weak players ever. I even has a loss against Radaghast for crying out loud - But its still an important part of the game. I dont want to win everytime.

The misses makes it all vary from time to time. Which is a good thing :)

Sarah 101
12-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Would you rather win every single time ?:)
Why not ?
And when you attack people's like" enu "(iOS god) or top players you will understand why the miss hits and critical hits are really annoyed ;(
enu ,I almost win just to let you know ^_^

Dianish
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Why not ?
And when you attack people's like" enu "(iOS god) or top players you will understand why the miss hits and critical hits are really annoyed ;(
enu ,I almost win just to let you know ^_^

Why play a game if you win everytime? There is no fun in knowing the outcome of every fight.

Thunderkat
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I miss so much might as well be the Riddler ??? LOL

Sarah 101
12-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Why play a game if you win everytime? There is no fun in knowing the outcome of every fight.
No that is the true fun "win without cheating "win without knowing "if you are going to "win "or lose ;)
I didn't say I defeat everyone but also I didn't lose becuse the miss hits or cirtical all the time ..
miss hits and critical will destroy the" fair "if your enemy stronger than you !!
Now what next topic no fair in battles? ^_^

Dianish
12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
No that is the true fun "win without cheating "win without knowing "if you are going to "win "or lose ;)
I didn't say I defeat everyone but also I didn't lose becuse the miss hits or cirtical all the time ..
miss hits and critical will destroy the" fair "if your enemy stronger than you !!
Now what next topic no fair in battles? ^_^

Even the best fighter in UFC can miss hi's opponent and the result therefor will be a loss - although he is superior in anyway.

Sarah 101
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Even the best fighter in UFC can miss hi's opponent and the result therefor will be a loss - although he is superior in anyway.

This whole thing is getting too melodramatic for my taste, bye ^_^

Dianish
12-10-2013, 10:47 PM
This whole thing is getting too melodramatic for my taste, bye ^_^

Nothing melodramatic here :) Im just saying. Have a nice day.

Hakurou
12-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Rng and selective perception are a bad combination. Try to take a note of every miss and crit you and your opponent make in the different areas (eb, Arena, gw, friend battle) of the game. It will even out in the long run and its the only thing that adds a bit of luck to a rather dull "rock,paper,scissors" combat. Although i must admit that i almost smash my iPad from time to time because the misses infuriate me :d

Paladineguru
12-11-2013, 12:00 AM
If I was playing for free I'd agree, but I don't think missing 4 times in a fight against a noob in big 4 should be something I'm PAYING for

If they're charging me for a fight , I should be able to win every time if I have Intel on enemy armor and lineup.

And mine are superior

toogoodformyowngood
12-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Agreed, if there is no miss/critical. The game would be boring because I know that I will always win every single time.

Winning 95% of my battle makes it boring sometimes. losing abt 10% keeps it interesting. feels like u still need to improve. if u win 100% of the time. lol u'll get bored and find a new game.

Lonestar Light
12-11-2013, 02:34 AM
If I was playing for free I'd agree, but I don't think missing 4 times in a fight against a noob in big 4 should be something I'm PAYING for

If they're charging me for a fight , I should be able to win every time if I have Intel on enemy armor and lineup.

And mine are superior
What he said
I'm not complaining having misses is a bad idea, having unbalanced missed tho is a terrible idea.
If a level 100 knight fight a level 70 knight the lower level knight would and should have more chances to miss that the higher level, not the other way around

Entr0py
12-11-2013, 05:09 AM
I believe the misses were increased, but i think our opponents are missing more too. We just remember the times we feel cheated more than the times we lucked out. This does help middle of the road players more than the elite though. So i can beat someone in all epics with my EB+'s but they dont have anyone above them to get lucky against. (Maybe elemental mismatches they should have lost against)

The Pale Rider
12-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Missing and critical hits increased because of the streak feature in the arena. I've noticed it balances out over time (but I don't care when it doesn't effect the outcome - so you tend to remember those match ups). But greater variance means you'll fail to reach 20 in a row more often. That's also where it matters the most. An extra loss in a GW is easily rectifiable. A loss on 16-20 in the arena really sucks. When I don't make it to 20, 90% of the time it's because I lost on 16-20. It's super frustrating to lose a match-up at that point due to misses or your opp getting multiple critical hits in a row (or both).

Given that 100% of the time you are using gems to reach 20 in the arena - that's where the p2p complaint really applies.

Sarah 101
12-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Not just the arena ,the epic boss do allot of cirtical hits , and I miss 2 or 3 times every "single attack or battle " .. That didn't happend before ..
Danish , with all my respect you didn't get my point that why I will not arguing with you , but see that you will understand maybe or maybe not !!!
http://i.imgur.com/4sbxqYF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bGHagwJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9KP3Vdw.jpg
Rank changed every minute ..

shush
12-13-2013, 05:27 AM
not sure here but it might be a problem with using a pseudorandom number generator (a algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers) and not a Hardware random number generator.

What i see most of the times is that misses come in packs - means there are several misses. Not only you but also your opponent.

This leads me to the suspicion.
If numbers are thrown without enough time in between, PRNGs tend to throw equal or similar numbers.

ettexor1
12-13-2013, 04:54 PM
not sure here but it might be a problem with using a pseudorandom number generator (a algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers) and not a Hardware random number generator.

What i see most of the times is that misses come in packs - means there are several misses. Not only you but also your opponent.

This leads me to the suspicion.
If numbers are thrown without enough time in between, PRNGs tend to throw equal or similar numbers.

Has anyone proposed a new hit/damage system where the damage u hit and receive is dependant on the health of the knight? So if the knight was at full strength he/she would do full damage and a knight at low health would only do minimal damage? Of course this would mean the knight who hits first would always have a greater advantage but that's what is happening now anyway...maybe the first attack should be random, say decided by a coin toss or something...

Dianish
12-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Not just the arena ,the epic boss do allot of cirtical hits , and I miss 2 or 3 times every "single attack or battle " .. That didn't happend before ..
Danish , with all my respect you didn't get my point that why I will not arguing with you , but see that you will understand maybe or maybe not !!!
http://i.imgur.com/4sbxqYF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bGHagwJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9KP3Vdw.jpg
Rank changed every minute ..

No one is argueing. I understood your point aswell as i understand all the hype about misses. But removing it will ruin the game even more. I lose over and over and over duo to misses. Its frustrating. But still its needed - Something a player cant cheat hi's way around. Missing is good. Ofc they could decrease it abit but i'd rather see them not doing that but instead making a new elixir to decrease it by a x% which will only last that one fight or in total of 5 minutes or something.

Black Lancelot
12-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Dianish are you f*cking crazy? The misses are annoying as hell. You're offering a suggestion to Gree to create elixers (that would undoubtedly cost gems) that would make people spend even more money? Just so we can protect our streak that we've already paid gems to maintain?

You don't know that you're going to win every time because gear in this game changes every few weeks and old gear becomes slightly outdated less powerful as they release new gear. You don't know what elemental combo your opponent is going to have either in most cases. Misses are not needed. If you win it should be based on who put in the most work and has the best gear. Period.

Nothing more frustrating then getting screwed out of a win/kill because you missed 3 times in a row and then got crit.

Dianish
12-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Dianish are you f*cking crazy? The misses are annoying as hell. You're offering a suggestion to Gree to create elixers (that would undoubtedly cost gems) that would make people spend even more money? Just so we can protect our streak that we've already paid gems to maintain?

You don't know that you're going to win every time because gear in this game changes every few weeks and old gear becomes slightly outdated less powerful as they release new gear. You don't know what elemental combo your opponent is going to have either in most cases. Misses are not needed. If you win it should be based on who put in the most work and has the best gear. Period.

Nothing more frustrating then getting screwed out of a win/kill because you missed 3 times in a row and then got crit.

Seems like you didnt read my post all the way through. I feel the same pain as everyone else. Guess my point flew over your head. You have your opinion and i have mine. Either are valid opinions. So.. Have a good one :)

Cyphre
12-14-2013, 01:07 AM
There is an old saying that goes well here, "luck is just probability taken personal" when a lot of players play a repetitive game that is based on probability some will experience sick things. People who play online poker knows what i am talking about. If you have a big enough sample of fights whether it is arena, epic boss or guild war, sometimes you will run worse than you ever thought possible!

Lonestar Light
12-14-2013, 06:05 AM
Seems like you didnt read my post all the way through. I feel the same pain as everyone else. Guess my point flew over your head. You have your opinion and i have mine. Either are valid opinions. So.. Have a good one :)
I understood perfectly your point but after reading Black Lancelot's post I read it again and understood why he got it the wrong way... guess it's the good and bad of reading text on a screen.

During the most recent war I lost against a guy with 2 uncommons and an hydra not in even in the final stage, I will let you draw conclusions on how many times I had to miss. That is unrealistic.
It's not unusual for your knight to have streaks of 5+ misses in arena and EB while I never saw an opponent nor an EB miss more than twice.
Misses and criticals are needed to spice things up a bit. But common sense, realism and fairness are needed also. And it can't be this unbalanced

Dianish
12-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I understood perfectly your point but after reading Black Lancelot's post I read it again and understood why he got it the wrong way... guess it's the good and bad of reading text on a screen.

During the most recent war I lost against a guy with 2 uncommons and an hydra not in even in the final stage, I will let you draw conclusions on how many times I had to miss. That is unrealistic.
It's not unusual for your knight to have streaks of 5+ misses in arena and EB while I never saw an opponent nor an EB miss more than twice.
Misses and criticals are needed to spice things up a bit. But common sense, realism and fairness are needed also. And it can't be this unbalanced

Its definitely needs a new algorithm, thats for sure. I have banged my head against the wall out of anger so many times aready.

I have seen the EB miss 4 times at the most and my self 7 times in a row. Lost with 3 epics to a non maxed Big Four player. I have lost EB kill 60/60 several times becauseof it. Once i even used gems to get to 60 and guess what.... I misses and lost and wated the gems. I can go on forever. We all experience this.

My previous point was this: Why remove it entirely when it needs to been improved instead?

It's easiere, duuuh... But it'll just ruin the game further.

The Hurricane
12-15-2013, 01:40 AM
One battle, I kept hitting question marks till the end! AND THE ENEMY HAD UNCOMMON ARMORS! That's impossible.

>Reyjin<
12-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Srs today in GW 4 Battles one after one my enemy crit 2 times and i miss 2-3 Hits always this sucks!
Misses a good for nothing!

Sirmix
12-25-2013, 05:39 PM
I can't believe the number of misses in ALL stages of the game, it is absolutely ridiculous. I have been a loyal player for the last 9 months and you can tell the only reason there are so many misses is because they want you to spend gems. I hope Gree is happy with their first 5 million dollar month, because I will say almost my whole guild (top 100 last war) is ready to quit the game. We can handle most of the "catering" to the top players and guilds as they spend the most money, but to all of a sudden throw in extra misses shows a lack of understanding of their players. Hopefully Gree will get the wake up call before they lose a ton of players.

XBDMRRFPN
12-28-2013, 09:59 AM
it happened to me as well
so much in the last 2 days
really annoying!
I don't agree with who says that is the game

it would be the game if it was random sometimes in favor sometimes against

when is always against is not fun at all

Eunuchorn
12-28-2013, 10:20 AM
75% miss, 25% crit.

Elita posted these figures weeks ago

leems
12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
we just had one of our key players quit, cause they didnt like all the bs lately, no EE drops, contant misses and crits, I could barely beat lvl43 with first line up of s/e 4*, s/f 5*, s/w 5*, s/e 5*, e 5* and then had to rebattle at 2-5*'s and barely won from all the crits and misses from the both runs (came down to 1 hit), and the overly done amount of wars. the transition to being a heavy gem spending/$$ game was too much to handle this month and its alienating alot of people in my guild. its sad i really liked him, he was very active and social.

Oxilated
12-29-2013, 08:35 PM
we just had one of our key players quit, cause they didnt like all the bs lately, no EE drops, contant misses and crits, I could barely beat lvl43 with first line up of s/e 4*, s/f 5*, s/w 5*, s/e 5*, e 5* and then had to rebattle at 2-5*'s and barely won from all the crits and misses from the both runs (came down to 1 hit), and the overly done amount of wars. the transition to being a heavy gem spending/$$ game was too much to handle this month and its alienating alot of people in my guild. its sad i really liked him, he was very active and social.
its all because of the winter keys, everything will be back to normal once its done (except maybe for miss and crit rates)
do you think gree will just give 8 free winter keys? glacius is 20% stronger than normal EB and the armor is better than moontide regular. It's his loss for being weak-hearted. gree is at least being generous this time and making the game favorable for free players too: fusable epics, gem rewards in arena, free armor+ in arena, free armor in gw (epics are for spenders only, if you cant have it, just be satisfied with free stuff)

ettexor1
12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I agree, something has to be done about the misses and critical hits, they should atleast be equal for attacking and defending...or atleast make the attacking knight hit first. There is just too much unpredictability, even if you are far stronger you can still lose fairly often. The final result of battles can range from 1.5 knights with full strength to 1 knight with barely any strength (or worse, a loss)...please make the game fair...when we are attacking a very strong guild where a win or a loss can come down to very very little, the misses and critical hits totally ruin the game. When we fight against guilds with lots of + versions of epics we can do without the unpredictability.

leems
12-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Please dont get me wrong, but yes i agree fully about the 8 keys being earned :D and getting to 43 is tough but easily achievable. But i just hope the bosses dont continue in this fashion. Sorry for going off topic. Lets resume the crits/misses discussion :D

Eunuchorn
12-29-2013, 11:56 PM
What is he doing if not playing K&D?

I don't understand...

tnorman78
12-30-2013, 11:12 AM
7 straight misses to end my 20 win streak....fn wow