PDA

View Full Version : Monday pairings

SEC
12-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Today we have fought 5 battles. Our last battle was especially important since we needed to score well to keep our rankings. In all the battles we faced teams that had well over 1M or more total points than us and were ranked 100 or more spots above us. 1M might not seem like a lot when you are a top 3 team but at our level it was an enormous gap. We were left to hit only a few LLP's when possible or the command center. In our final battle we scouted nearly the entire team hoping for one weak link and finally found a lvl 60 below 2.5M. Yesterday we averaged anywhere between 50k and 120k per battle and today we were lucky to score 15k. LLP's and command centers don't pay too terribly well.

I realize this is nothing new, the same thing happened on Monday's in all previous wars. Anyone else having the same great luck as us with pairings in your last battles? Please tell me the secret to being on the opposite end of these screwy pairings Gree. Just once it would be nice on a Monday to face a team ranked 100 spots below us and not 100 spots above us.

HayeZeus
12-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Our experience has been the opposite. Friday through mid-sunday was all top 10 teams and getting a streak was impossible. The last 18 hours have been nothing but top 25-75 teams who can't score anything against us.

droffatsto50
12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Mixed here, had wars where we can score only a few thousand points, but our last two wars we have been able to put 100k plus on each, we're top 250 so thats not too bad, 200k for 2 wars.

SEC
12-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Our experience has been the opposite. Friday through mid-sunday was all top 10 teams and getting a streak was impossible. The last 18 hours have been nothing but top 25-75 teams who can't score anything against us.

Sounds like the teams you faced today would agree with my post then. But it seems to be valid that these mismatches are very common. Our average attack score for our team is around 2M and the average defense score on the teams we faced today was over 4.5M. We fought teams with a lvl 35 player with a 3.2M defense. And as I said before they all were well over 100 spots ahead of us in rankings and had scored over 1 million more total points than us. We watched our 210 rank slip further and further down to 246 before they locked the leaderboard. I would be beyond shocked if we stayed in top 250 after these last 5 battles where we were helpless. We have decided as a faction to now go completely gold free from now on.

I realize these mismatches will happen from time to time. But all 5 battles this Monday and also in the previous wars as well?

Edit: The final rankings are out and we missed top 250 by 22k. Thanks Gree for these great matches today where we couldn't score any points. It was so much fun to see us slip further and further down the rankings! At least going gold free will be a lot less stressful and maybe we can have fun again so maybe this was for the best after all.

AlexFoo
12-09-2013, 12:49 PM
yes we're a top 10 team and we faced ALOT of 25-75 teams in the last few hours... and not trying to derail or make out like "woah is me"... but when you NEED to score 300-800k in a battle to keep your top ten position, and you meet a team who's best player is lvl 200 and 2 million defense, its makes its difficult to score as well.

so its weird for everyone.

Happy Holidays to all.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I wish they would match with averaging
4 players @ 4 million each would be matched by a comparable 4 million average per player no matter how
many players they had 1 or 60
So these little streak factions would get matched up with PUN 1 or 2 or other strong crews

SEC
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM
We noticed the same thing with streak wins. We managed to get the 4 streak win barely and with a lot of gold but we were severely overmatched. This thread was started mainly for the very bad Monday pairings but in reality they happened all week-end. It was just exceptionally bad today with 5 teams in a row that were far stronger than us. At least on other days we could usually get at least one comparable team out of every 3 matches. But I am very confident whatever algorithm Gree uses makes sure when you are going for a streak you will face a far stronger team. The exception are teams like SUP and these mini type SUP teams.