PDA

View Full Version : Gree using Hell levels in LTQs?!?!?!? Or just a typo in formula?!?!?

Keiff
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Not sure how many of you guys played the original EverQuest game, and I have limited experience with EverQuest as well. One thing I do remember absolutely hating about it was what was called Hell Levels. Basically as you would level up at certain levels it would take ridiculous amount more then normal to pass certain levels. I'm not sure if Gree intended to do this during then last LTQ but this is what I noticed.

Level 15 elite needs 12327 energy
Level 16 elite needs 41096 energy
Level 17 elite needs 21920 energy
Level 18 elite needs 29230 energy
Level 19 elite needs 38965 energy
Level 20 elite needs 51932 energy

Level 16 needs 333% more energy then level 15.
But level 17 needs 53% less energy then level 16....WTF is that all about!!!!?!?!?!?!?
Then level 18 needs 133% more energy then level 17, that makes sense
and level 19 needs 133% more energy then level 18, again making sense
and finally level 20 needs 133% more energy then level 19, again making sense.

If this was a typo/programing error, I think Gree owes some folks alot of gold, becuase i'm thinking level 16 should have only cost about 16395 energy to complete. But everyone had to spend about 24701 more energy to finish it. That is 25 energy recharges at 25 gold per (625 gold total or one bank which is $50.00) Anyone else feel ripped off?????

I just wanted to toss this out to everyone to see what they think.

Gabber4Hardcore_Spain
12-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Seems a programing error...

sister morphine
12-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Quite normal then? ;)

cynicalmofo
12-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Programming error or not, what difference does it make? That's the amount it takes to complete the level - End of.

You chose to do the challenge and you chose to spend gold to finish the challenge.

Nobody made you do it.

sister morphine
12-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Programming error or not, what difference does it make? That's the amount it takes to complete the level - End of.

You chose to do the challenge and you chose to spend gold to finish the challenge.

Nobody made you do it.
Wow! I bet your knuckles hurt when you walk, huh

Puckface McGee
12-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Anyone else feel ripped off?????

I would if I were you, you get way more for your $50 in [that game I won't advertise here] than you ever will in Crime City

Razz
12-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Test test test

bravo 6 vk
12-09-2013, 10:52 PM
hi guys. hows everyone doing
Wrong section.

Grecoref
12-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I can usually finish the ltqs by the last day with gold. However cause lvl 16 was such a task i only finished lvl 19. Even with gold i didnt have time to do 20.

TZora
12-10-2013, 11:19 PM
they want us to see it that way :)

"oops! a little trip of a finger"

cynicalmofo
12-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Wow! I bet your knuckles hurt when you walk, huh

No, they don't actually but I don't see the point in moaning about something like this. It is how it is.

Just because something seems like it should be in a pattern, it doesn't mean it has to be. The values are what they are, do the event or don't.

I remember spending 2 vaults to get a 4k/4k prize - Should I be asking for a refund because that prize is worthless now? No.

I knew what I was doing, nothing but my own addiction forced me to do it.

sister morphine
12-12-2013, 03:17 AM
No, they don't actually but I don't see the point in moaning about something like this. It is how it is.

Just because something seems like it should be in a pattern, it doesn't mean it has to be. The values are what they are, do the event or don't.

I remember spending 2 vaults to get a 4k/4k prize - Should I be asking for a refund because that prize is worthless now? No.

I knew what I was doing, nothing but my own addiction forced me to do it.
If only you'd said that the first time instead of that belligerent garbage ;) I do get where you're coming from, but don't agree. I've not encountered anything like that in nearly two years of playing this game (and MW, KA) so chances are it's just another in the long line of slip-shod programming without checking.

As for addiction, my money tap to Gree has been firmly turned off for a while, except if I need a little bit of gold to secure a prize almost within grasp as a free player.

cynicalmofo
12-13-2013, 01:54 AM
If only you'd said that the first time instead of that belligerent garbage ;) I do get where you're coming from, but don't agree. I've not encountered anything like that in nearly two years of playing this game (and MW, KA) so chances are it's just another in the long line of slip-shod programming without checking.

As for addiction, my money tap to Gree has been firmly turned off for a while, except if I need a little bit of gold to secure a prize almost within grasp as a free player.

In fairness, I didn't bother with the LTQ as it would have taken gold to finish it thanks to me spending my level gain stats on (Worthless) attack and defense points in the first 6 months of playing instead of on Energy.

As for my gold spends - Tapjoy provides between 8 and 15 per day which generally gives me enough in a month to finish off anything that's required so my money tap is well and truly off these days.