PDA

View Full Version : Fix The Matchings BS!

SlashRacer
12-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Why is it we are constantly waiting 15+ minutes for a match after we declare war. Then after we finally get matched, it's PUN1 or PUN2.

Put a 5 minute timer on the pairings and put us in a wild card match!

dpghost mobile
12-07-2013, 06:06 AM
maybe you are too strong Slash racer....

SlashRacer
12-07-2013, 06:09 AM
maybe you are too strong Slash racer....

We have waited over 15 minutes for a match in several battles already. This eats into the number of battles we can fight, which affects our total wins.

Put a 5 minute wait cap on it and put us in a wild card pool.

Sumiala
12-07-2013, 06:32 AM
We have waited over 15 minutes for a match in several battles already. This eats into the number of battles we can fight, which affects our total wins.

Put a 5 minute wait cap on it and put us in a wild card pool.

Maybe they did and you got PUN 1 or PUN 2

RedRoom
12-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Maybe you should play FarmVille...this is a war game.

SlashRacer
12-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Maybe you should play FarmVille...this is a war game.

Please draw us for a battle and we will make you the mechanical sheep!

Luuzer
12-07-2013, 10:22 AM
yeah, killing streak code is still there too :( getting top 25 teams to end the streak for us :(

Sir josh
12-07-2013, 10:26 AM
yeah, killing streak code is still there too :( getting top 25 teams to end the streak for us :(

If Grees plan is to kill this goose, they have succeeded. The game is no longer fun or even entertaining. Many of my faction and I have won....we quit. This is not sour g****s. The matchups are not even close to competative. Bye.

DFI
12-07-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't think gree has stopped favoring sup for matchups. We wait 10-15 min per match and they wait less than 3 min. I thought gree admitted to and then promised to even the playing field by not giving sup preferential treatment when matching up teams. I'd like to know CJ why sup doesn't have to wait for matches. Your team said you'd fix this but it looks like they still get priority when waiting for the next easy team to unload against.

Slapnutz
12-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Finally got a streak going (3/4) and guess what. Gree matches us with a team we cant even come close to beating.

Elite Enforcer
12-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Yup. Match ups are bad again. My faction has got matched up 15 times in a row against where the other faction is 4 times stronger then us. Lol. Well gree ain't getting any gold from us. Not enjoying this game anymore.

goldacre84
12-08-2013, 06:10 AM
We just got matched with a team who had defences of 5M plus. Our highest member out of 47 has 2Mil attack. How is that fair lol

GreenwichKid
12-08-2013, 06:18 AM
yup once again, come across a faction that would be impossible to win against, lowest player had 5.5 mill defence, we weren't even on a streak first fight for 12 hours, it's things like this that make you think why bother at all? We've got 47 in the faction and about 20 of the guys have just logged off, last comment was what's the point, can't blame them either.
It's not even like it's difficult to match factions up, the person who came up with this system is a Moron of the highest calibre.
This is what the free dictionary has to say about Morons
1. A stupid person; a dolt.
2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
Personally I think a 7 year old would be bale to come up with a better system.

krill
12-08-2013, 08:19 AM
We've been having fair match ups until right now.. Just faced sup3.... Waited 5 mins after war to declare... Who do we get.... Sup 3 again.... Another battle of hittin CC...

B!ll
12-08-2013, 09:22 AM
We have 30 in our faction and just got matched to a faction of 3. DL had 10 million def. And other two had over 3 million. When is this going to get fixed?

The last few wars, the match ups seem to be even until Sunday, then we start getting these lopsided match ups.

SevenO9
12-08-2013, 09:28 AM
'Unbeatable' is a relative term. If you are level 200+ with 1.5m attack, well, don't blame the matchmaking algorithm.

Asto
12-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I feel you. Last 2 wars our match ups have been bs. 1 faction had 15 members all with over 3mil defence, fair enough. Then, we get matched up with a faction with 54 members, lowest player has just over 4.2mil defence. Only 3 of us can get an attack it. What a joke

Richard79
12-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Gree you need to look at this!! We started well but our last 12 wars in a row have all been factions of 15 members or less with a dl of 11mil plus and members of 4/5mil which only 2 or 3 of us can hit. This aint fun no more and we are now stoppin using gold till a mod post a reply as to how this can be explained

Sir josh
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Finally got a streak going (3/4) and guess what. Gree matches us with a team we cant even come close to beating.

Another lousy match. A team of four with all members over 8 million. The suck meter on this game is pegged at full

DRR_Deng
12-08-2013, 01:33 PM
GREE you guys really stupid we a top750 faction and we gettin matched up with top 75 faction really BS

Yahoo
12-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Post this here as seems I can't start new tread

Just got matched up with 1 man followed by one chap with 2 ID's 40-60 % strenght.
For a "normal" faction there is NOTHING you can do even when they don't bring down
your firewall. Points from command center are by far insuficient and degressieve so
supose even gold won't help much.
Not fun when you bring everybody online to play.
Losing ok but losing your time not so.
As far as I know you favor larger factions and firewalls as people may spend gold on them.
Or is this just a way to let some fat gorilla's have fun with newer players instead of adering
to spirit of game and have great battles at the top.
If they are that strong and play that long there should at least be some restriction requiring
min number of players per faction above certain levels or making leader vulnerable to
multiple attacks (not just the shield) or whatever.
There must other ways to favor old gold spending players than to disgust newer players
or even non spending players needed for the core of your business by making them
free time for non events.
Wars are essential for the fun of frequent players and makes them form little fun
communities and come back to the game so don't **** it up.
Offcourse on the top this will not be possible we don't make the top 4000 yet,
but everery 3 mil player started as a 3k.
Looking foreward to your solution :-)

Yahoo
12-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Should reed top 1500 faction not top 4000 (in those regions for
starting factions a solution alowing players seems logical)

Dirty Mind
12-08-2013, 05:30 PM
why dont you all cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it

GreenwichKid
12-08-2013, 06:18 PM
@ Seven09 and Yahoo don't be total C U Next Tuesday's
The point of a matching system is quite simply that, a method of matching groups of similar strength or groups that a range within certain parameters. Unless you are the sort of person who'd put a Seven year old in the ring with Mike Tyson, then your comments are about as moronic as the current system. See my previous post for a definition on Moron if you struggle with that.
I'm cool with a free for all, but be honest and make it a free for all, don't call it a matching system and make it so easy for any really strong faction to manipulate the system. The irony of the way this has been setup is that it actually decreases the amount of Gold purchased. It's safe to assume that a player with 11 mill defence has spent more than a little Gold, if the syetem was different this same person would be spending Gold on the war, but guess what now they don't have to, if all want is wins and consecutive wins; add to this we've now become a no Gold faction then, I can't see what they are trying to achieve.

SevenO9
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
First I would appreciate you not calling me and others 'moronic' or whatever other insult you have in mind. At least try to keept he discussion reasonable.

My comment on a player with 1.5 mil attack @ L200+ stands. With the recent stat inflation and events this is a very low number and has nothing to do with th matching algorithm. With those numbers you will have issues finding decent targets regardless of faction match. Guess what? If said person gets a 'good' match and has to pound a level 120 player they will complain about the bad WD system.

What do you expect from Gree? A perfect match with zero waiting time? What is perfect? Did you have a look at the leaderboard? While you have a very smooth points increase on the bottom, the gaps between 4-5 spots can be quite large higher up the board. What if those ten faction that would be a good match have just been paired? Are you willing to wait 50 minutes? Or will people complain about the time rather than the matching. Its a trade off.

My overall matching experience is okay. Yes we got the SUPs and TKOs sometimes. And the we get the poor souls ranked at 150 who are doomed to hit our CC. Neither of those matches are fun. But over the entire weekend they are the exception. Most wars are fair. You don't need to break every player in the other faction. You just need one target. You can easily take out a stronger faction if you find that weak link and act. With those matches it comes down to the number of players online, the quality of your intel, the teams dedication and commitment, your teamplay. Its the way it should be and its great fun.

And finaly you statement about a 11m def player not speding gold in WD is simply wrong. Have you actually been matched with a decent team? They will score regardless of stats. First time we ran into SUP1 this weekend they scored nearly 1 million while our CC hits added up to 25k.

GreenwichKid
12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I don’t apologise for my previous comment and I suspect you have totally misunderstand what I am saying about spending Gold, at no point did I suggest that the likes of SUP didn't spend any gold, I was talking about the factions we have come across that are around the T1000 T750 mark and have split specifically for the war in order to exploit the current ineffective system. These people have no to little need to spend serious gold as their goal is to obtain the wins and wins in a row units (That is unless they come across a similar faction). You're assuming that this is rare, using your own experience, whereas what this thread, I and many other factions are telling you is, it's not rare and it's a problem. I would draw a bell shaped curve for you, but the majority of factions will be around the same strength as us, NOT between 5 to 11 million defence. Quite simply any reasonable matching system would use more than one parameter to make a match. All we want is a fair and equitable system 50% of matches that are impossible to win is clearly unfair.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
12-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Got that 2x
Was on our 4/4 and got killed by a 8 man team all stats above 3.5 mil and DL was over 8. We have 30 players and no one is over 1 mill
our last was 5/5 and matched with the same team.
Thanx GREEdy for the fair and honest matchups :mad:

[CM]]forgetaboutit
12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
GREE you guys really stupid we a top750 faction and we gettin matched up with top 75 faction really BS
They do this to stop streaks
No other reason

crazeejay
12-09-2013, 01:36 PM
easy solution....quit... Life is great now

Yahoo
01-18-2014, 05:58 AM
In 4 wars we got again twice confronted with someone
using 1 or 2 gorilla ID's that no normally composed faction
paired with there strenght can do anything against.
NO fun, just waisted time members freeing themseves
to play. And if you don't want to messup your scedule
2 1/2 hours lost.
It's against the spirit of what a faction is. So do something to
Make them vulnerable and give us our pleasure back.

Socks
01-18-2014, 08:08 AM
We have only one person with stats > 1,000,000. Who are we consistently matched up against? Teams with DL's of 4,000,000+ and no one in the faction we can beat. WTF?

Hakim
01-18-2014, 08:58 AM
The formula based off total faction strength as the baseline is creating this 5-10 player streaker factions. They are killing this game. Change the formula to average strength of faction and re-equalize the game.

This flawed formula is killing any fun in this game.

Doctor F
01-18-2014, 09:06 AM
I agree with you Hakim, we tried to sink in the rankings to get better matchups and all we are getting is the streak factions with 15m+ defense..at least Gree figured out a way to get us not to use gold...thanks Gree!

free play
01-18-2014, 09:12 AM
I can't see gree making money on this event anymore, not many can spend gold to hit targets, our faction is roughly 150 mil, so the system that is used can match us against teams on 3,4,5 or 6 player that equal our faction strength, say 5 players at 50 mil which we have had, we can't touch them and even if we hit there cc fir points, all they do is sit back and wait and hit our DL to stay ahead, which has happened, all for fun had gone from war weekends, rewards are rubbish, match ups are rubbish, apart from the top team, I can't see much spending, we used to before they brought in the streak rewards

Simple fix, take away the streak rewards will result in no streak teams, better rewards for where you finish in the ranking, put the game back to what is was, FUN,

free play
01-18-2014, 09:16 AM
I agree with you Hakim, we tried to sink in the rankings to get better matchups and all we are getting is the streak factions with 15m+ defense..at least Gree figured out a way to get us not to use gold...thanks Gree!

Yep, they sure did

free play
01-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I suppose you have all read the formula they use, well if not here it is

Thank you for your message about your World Domination match-ups. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate rival faction:

--The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

--The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the event.

---How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.

As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.

Please keep in mind:

-- It can take up to an hour to receive a match after declaring war

--You may not declare war within the last hour of the event

If you have any further questions about the game please let me kno

Doctor F
01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Free Play, the WD events used to be fun...now it's about as much fun as Barnaby Jones reruns..

Cow
01-18-2014, 09:56 AM
This needs to be put at the top of the list as far as priorities that Gree must address.

It is killing the game. I have never heard so much negativity(and that is saying a lot) amongst the different forums. If this is not addressed ASAP there will be people quitting. And yes CJ I have heard you say you hear that all the time and does not happen, but this time I believe it is closer to happening than ever.

free play
01-18-2014, 10:00 AM
This needs to be put at the top of the list as far as priorities that Gree must address.

It is killing the game. I have never heard so much negativity(and that is saying a lot) amongst the different forums. If this is not addressed ASAP there will be people quitting. And yes CJ I have heard you say you hear that all the time and does not happen, but this time I believe it is closer to happening than ever.

Well maybe not quoting but not playing or spending money on this event, we will take this weekend off if it continues, just got matched with a 12 guild team with the lowest 15 mil, pointless

Dutchie
01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Free Play, the WD events used to be fun...now it's about as much fun as Barnaby Jones reruns..

I am in one of these streaker factions that you speak of. The reason for doing so is that the gameplay is much less intensive and I find it far more relaxing and fun to play than being in a top faction. The gold requirements are also much lower but in the long run it will hurt my account as I miss out on all the boosted prizes one can acquire by getting ranked much much higher.

However, I am beyond caring for my stats even though I'm lvl 104 with 13m defense, there will always be players that will beat me and within 12 months we will get another injection of stats inflation, which will make my account look like nothing.

Now, this does not resolve your issue of bad matchups but as the saying goes... "If you can't beat them, join them".

So my advice for the next WD event is that you might want to split the faction into 2 or 3 teams of 15 people. This will reduce your "total faction attack" and hence you won't get matched with the stronger streaker teams.

Just an idea as GREE won't change the matchup system as far as I can see... for the fact there is no single solution that favours all different types of factions that play this game, nor can I see them removing streaker prizes, as many more players will be unhappy if they were to do that.

So rather than hoping GREE make the changes, adapt and make the changes yourself to improve who you get matched with.

Cow
01-18-2014, 10:18 AM
I have streaked and also lead a faction of 58. I think streaking is more stressful as each win matters and you need to watch close. Plus everybody is streaking and it is not near as easy as it was 2-4 wars ago. I know of a top streak team that has 7 losses already. So it is not as easy as its made out to be....still comes down to the very top players keep distancing themselves from the rest...

Dutchie
01-18-2014, 10:28 AM
I have streaked and also lead a faction of 58. I think streaking is more stressful as each win matters and you need to watch close. Plus everybody is streaking and it is not near as easy as it was 2-4 wars ago. I know of a top streak team that has 7 losses already. So it is not as easy as its made out to be....still comes down to the very top players keep distancing themselves from the rest...

That is the very nature of this game and inherit in its design. However, streaking for me is much less stressful and I have much more time on my hands during WD weekends. Indeed it has become harder as more and more teams are turning to streaking, but one really needs to think of who one has in a streaker team to be successful...

free play
01-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I am in one of these streaker factions that you speak of. The reason for doing so is that the gameplay is much less intensive and I find it far more relaxing and fun to play than being in a top faction. The gold requirements are also much lower but in the long run it will hurt my account as I miss out on all the boosted prizes one can acquire by getting ranked much much higher.

However, I am beyond caring for my stats even though I'm lvl 104 with 13m defense, there will always be players that will beat me and within 12 months we will get another injection of stats inflation, which will make my account look like nothing.

Now, this does not resolve your issue of bad matchups but as the saying goes... "If you can't beat them, join them".

So my advice for the next WD event is that you might want to split the faction into 2 or 3 teams of 15 people. This will reduce your "total faction attack" and hence you won't get matched with the stronger streaker teams.

Just an idea as GREE won't change the matchup system as far as I can see... for the fact there is no single solution that favours all different types of factions that play this game, nor can I see them removing streaker prizes, as many more players will be unhappy if they were to do that.

So rather than hoping GREE make the changes, adapt and make the changes yourself to improve who you get matched

with.

It's good to have the other side opinion, don't get me wrong it's not bad that streak teams get put together for war but there are so many now, what's the point in having ranking if it's out dated, you said it your self that the gold spent is a less and we all know gree is about making money, can't see it lasting if there not making money on this event, I still say go back to what it was, good battles that both sides have a chance of winning and better rewards and maybe more tiers of rewards for where you finish

Dutchie
01-18-2014, 10:38 AM
It's good to have the other side opinion, don't get me wrong it's not bad that streak teams get put together for war but there are so many now, what's the point in having ranking if it's out dated, you said it your self that the gold spent is a less and we all know gree is about making money, can't see it lasting if there not making money on this event, I still say go back to what it was, good battles that both sides have a chance of winning and better rewards and maybe more tiers of rewards for where you finishGREE are still making shedloads of money in this event. Let's be honest... The majority of revenue from this event comes from the top 100 factions and especially from the top 10 where there is no sign of a slowdown...

Also with the widening gap between the top players, semi-top, your average Joe and the ones who are free players, this issue will not get any better even if they were to revert back.

free play
01-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Well either way, the game has changed so much and will change again, may try the small streak team nxt war, just a shame only a small few are having fun,

boco78
01-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Why is it we are constantly waiting 15+ minutes for a match after we declare war. Then after we finally get matched, it's PUN1 or PUN2.

Put a 5 minute timer on the pairings and put us in a wild card match!

We were on a 3/4 streak this morning and we declared....we were waiting around 10-15 minutes and drew SUP (hitting the CC isnīt fun and canīt be called fighting...)...So there is something strange about these match-ups. Agree with SlashRacer, please fix the matching system!

Dutchie
01-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Well either way, the game has changed so much and will change again, may try the small streak team nxt war, just a shame only a small few are having fun,

I think you will find fun again if you were to do that... I have. I have also let go of having to keep up with my stats for I do not care anymore which is another reason why I am having fun again. Getting of the GREE treadmill has been a big relief...

Adm.J
01-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I have no problem with the streak factions. No I am not part of one, but if that's how they choose to play, good for them. But I am tired of every time you get one away from a streak, BAM!! You run into some monster ranked 400 or more spots ahead of you. That is squarely grees doing.

free play
01-18-2014, 11:35 AM
I think you will find fun again if you were to do that... I have. I have also let go of having to keep up with my stats for I do not care anymore which is another reason why I am having fun again. Getting of the GREE treadmill has been a big relief...

Good gor you, we as a faction are very active and have a great team with plenty of chat and banter, we do very well on the events except for this one, I would hate to leave them and for all of us to break up, it could get difficult to get back together again, it's a thing we all mite have to look at, with all the changes i suppose we all have to evolve, pity

killapickles
01-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Streak teams control WD events now. If they remove streak rewards a majority of the bad draws will be fixed. Things will go back to how they were.

free play
01-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Big problem for us to break up is we are between 3 and 5 mil stats, mainly all high lvl, it seems you need over 10 mil stats for streaks ?

Ryans67
01-18-2014, 12:23 PM
The top SUP teams wait upwards of 20 minutes. We complain just as much as everyone else, and tried everything to speed it up. Instead, Gree decided to fix the nearly non-existent problem of saboteurs declaring.....Remember that big ole letter TKO penned?

Instead, just ignore the streaks. You will have more fun, and less stress. They are are near impossible for the majority to complete anyways.

Jaebee
01-18-2014, 12:33 PM
The other good news for those of you against the idea of "streak teams", is that GREE has finally started to make the WD rewards as good (or better with multplyers) than the streak rewards, so I imagine more and more teams will decide to go after ranking again instead of just streaks.

Dividing a team up and going for streaks was one of the first chances to use a bit of strategy in this game (as opposed to "tap, tap, tap"). As Dutchie said, if you're current faction isn't fairing well, consider splitting yourselves.

For those of you in 30+ person factions complaining about facing a 2 or 3 man faction, simple math says you can beat the small team easily if you have max participation and hit the CC continuously. The problem is, you will need gold, and that's just how this game was designed. There's really no getting past that, sorry.

free play
01-18-2014, 12:47 PM
The other good news for those of you against the idea of "streak teams", is that GREE has finally started to make the WD rewards as good (or better with multplyers) than the streak rewards, so I imagine more and more teams will decide to go after ranking again instead of just streaks.

Dividing a team up and going for streaks was one of the first chances to use a bit of strategy in this game (as opposed to "tap, tap, tap"). As Dutchie said, if you're current faction isn't fairing well, consider splitting yourselves.

For those of you in 30+ person factions complaining about facing a 2 or 3 man faction, simple math says you can beat the small team easily if you have max participation and hit the CC continuously. The problem is, you will need gold, and that's just how this game was designed. There's really no getting past that, sorry.

I havnt looked at the rewards for the streak or wins as we can't get a win, 16 battles and two that where not massive streak team of 6 to 12 guild, the rewards for ranking placing are rubbish outside 150.
It seems this war there are allot more streak teams, we are in a battle now and lossing by a couple k I'm points but it's fun as we have targets to hit, that's 3 battles in 16 that we can hit a target other than the cc.
War weekend is not good any more

droffatsto50
01-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Having a good weekend so far. All matches have been balanced pretty much. For example we're against The Real McCoys right now and before we both declared we were a little under 40k to top 150, couldn't get any closer :)

free play
01-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Having a good weekend so far. All matches have been balanced pretty much. For example we're against The Real McCoys right now and before we both declared we were a little under 40k to top 150, couldn't get any closer :)

Good to hear that it works for some, we just lost there by 15k, it was a good battle in the way we had targets to hit, only problem is we are just inside 1000 and they were in the 150 range, going by there total points, that's the first battle in over 12 hours that we could hit targets and not the cc, hope we get more like that,

droffatsto50
01-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Good to hear that it works for some, we just lost there by 15k, it was a good battle in the way we had targets to hit, only problem is we are just inside 1000 and they were in the 150 range, going by there total points, that's the first battle in over 12 hours that we could hit targets and not the cc, hope we get more like that,
Thats still over 800 spots difference, which is too much still. Glad to hear you got a nice battle though with targets to hit, should always be like that, just closer spot positions too.

free play
01-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Thats still over 800 spots difference, which is too much still. Glad to hear you got a nice battle though with targets to hit, should always be like that, just closer spot positions too.

Well, we are up against little bus raiders, this sucks, a 56 guild ranging from 2 to 6 mil against this type of team, well 3 battles out of 18 that we could hits targets is brilliant, NOT

Hakim
01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
That's it...we quit this stupid world domination event...just zero fun and we aren't and can't spend our gold with this crappy matchups. All gree does is send he same old canned email reply...blah blah blah...

No body should have to split up their faction in order to play the game, this isn't an adjustment to the game, it's the death stroke to world domination events for 70% of the factions...just no point at all.

Gree has to change the formula to average strength vice total strength. That is strategy in faction design and equalizes factions and matchups..keep the streak reward if you want, but change the formula from total strength to average strength. Then these 6-10 member factions will meet the bigger boys and take a pounding

Jaebee
01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I havnt looked at the rewards for the streak or wins as we can't get a win, 16 battles and two that where not massive streak team of 6 to 12 guild, the rewards for ranking placing are rubbish outside 150.
It seems this war there are allot more streak teams, we are in a battle now and lossing by a couple k I'm points but it's fun as we have targets to hit, that's 3 battles in 16 that we can hit a target other than the cc.
War weekend is not good any more

The top400 reward is a 12k/14k unit. A few months ago that would have been better than the top 10 unit. My point was that they are starting to rebalance these rewards as well, so you will probably see more teams go back to concentrating on placement and not just streaks/wins.

We also have lost several battles this war, but only a couple battles where no one or almost no one had a target. And we've had battles like that in pretty much every war once the stat inflation started. In Canada and maybe even a war to two after that, I still had targets to hit when matched against SUP1, now most of them have triple the defense to my attack. My point is that with all the stat inflation, if you're not on the train, you're gonna get left behind so to speak. All in all, most of the match ups we've had are as fair as they can be. Sorry your luck of the draw hasn't been better, but as I said before, you may want to take Dutchie's advice and split your team up next war to get better draws, or buy a lot of gold and start finishing the non-stop events between wars.

Bobar
01-19-2014, 01:26 AM
we are facing factions with 3 members... can you call those "factions"?? not to mention we with our 49 members can beat them...

HGF69
01-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Worst war ever for matches.

It's all rigged.

We can see top 3 haven't moved and are waiting to pair. Sometimes they don't move for 30 minutes.

As soon as we declare we get one, within 2 minutes! Tried this umpteen times so it's not conspiracy.

Gree I challenge you to make the pairing system open and transparent.

boco78
01-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Worst war ever for matches.

It's all rigged.

We can see top 3 haven't moved and are waiting to pair. Sometimes they don't move for 30 minutes.

As soon as we declare we get one, within 2 minutes! Tried this umpteen times so it's not conspiracy.

Gree I challenge you to make the pairing system open and transparent.

We had the same experience....and every time when we were on a streak. Gree has to change this!

Rev2013
01-19-2014, 04:21 AM
GREE,

I think its about time that you changed the formula for wars, we are facing some ridiculous matchups at present that we do not have a hope in hell of doing anything against.

I'm up for a challenge, but more and more of these elite teams are appearing that give us no chance to do anything against them.

We have 44 members in our faction with only two over the 3 million attack, our last matchup we where faced with a team with three members only, their defence as follows. 29 mill, 16.5 mill and 16 mill.

They must win every battle they enter and get the win streaks prizes to only make them stronger, where as our team never gets beyond two as we are matched against one of these elite teams every two or three battles. Currently we are ranked 600+, is this really fair?

You should introduce a fairer system for all.

boco78
01-19-2014, 04:40 AM
Like someone said in another thread the average strength of the whole faction should be the only parameter. So let SUP1, SUP2 and TKO fight for the first 3 spots, even if this means they will get matched up together the whole weekend. So be it...there is no point in sitting out several wars because of these match-ups...and another thing...In these match-ups the weaker factions (meaning top 10 - top 50) donīt use gold, so this means less profit for Gree;)

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Like someone said in another thread the average strength of the whole faction should be the only parameter. So let SUP1, SUP2 and TKO fight for the first 3 spots, even if this means they will get matched up together the whole weekend. So be it...there is no point in sitting out several wars because of these match-ups...and another thing...In these match-ups the weaker factions (meaning top 10 - top 50) donīt use gold, so this means less profit for Gree;)

Nice pipe dream... can't see GREE taking the bite on this one!

free play
01-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Well we are still getting rubbish match ups and our last was against a 150 fzction and we are just inside 1000, most of the battle this war have been against super mini faction with no walls, that when you know there big so what's the point in having factions with bonuses, WD are not spitting up because we have put months if hard work to be placed in the 150 range before the mini beasts came along, now we are fighting to stay just below 1000 all because we can't find targets to hit other than the cc, I have posted in this and other treads over the last 2 days, there are more wanting a change in this area. We will continue to fight because that's what the game is but no one said we cant complain about the match ups, so keep them coming if you want a change.

Elite Enforcer
01-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Make a change Gree for the better of the game. Put these streaking factions at a disadvantage not advantage.

Monteverdi
01-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Match-ups are totally screwed up. We a faction of 46 members constantly have to fight 8 members splinter guilds with lowest def of 10m and more. Let the splinter guilds match each other and match factions by their numbers and ranking !

Archer59
01-19-2014, 07:49 AM
For all of you complaining about the match-ups.....do something about it! I intend to...the 48th TFW will not participate in the next WD event. Small gesture, sure. But if there were 3900 small gestures to go along with it, do you suppose Gree would notice then? These Super Minis would have only each other to fight and steaks and wins would take on some meaning for them. Now, they just feed on the rest of us and really it's not their fault. Gree has set this up and until you have the common sense to initiate a change, it will continue on as is.

Sgt. Fancypants
01-19-2014, 08:22 AM
I am on a small streak team and I can tell you we can be beaten. The problem is most teams aren't carefully enough to declare with a full roster or anywhere near that. Or, when they do hey aren't smart or disciplined enough to coordinate their plan of attack. If you have all hands on deck a surprise attack at the last minute can work. The only way for a streaker team to beat a GOOD smaller team is to spend gold. If you still think that it's unfair for people who spend money on this game to beat people that generally do not, then your problem is not with match ups, but with the fundamental nature of this game.

Archer59
01-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Lol.....really? Gee, I'm sure that none of the hundreds of other faction leaders have ever thought of or tried some of those things! It's so simple! Thank you so much for resolving the issues raised in this thread.

Allday
01-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Lol Gene would be fine matching TKO the entire weekend. Pretty sure Ben wouldn't like it. Kind of like the pillsbury doughboy going to a cooking convention.

free play
01-19-2014, 12:03 PM
I am on a small streak team and I can tell you we can be beaten. The problem is most teams aren't carefully enough to declare with a full roster or anywhere near that. Or, when they do hey aren't smart or disciplined enough to coordinate their plan of attack. If you have all hands on deck a surprise attack at the last minute can work. The only way for a streaker team to beat a GOOD smaller team is to spend gold. If you still think that it's unfair for people who spend money on this game to beat people that generally do not, then your problem is not with match ups, but with the fundamental nature of this game.

Good point but doesn't work, we have been matched with at least 15 steak teams, lost them all, they sit there just ahead of our points and make a move with a couple of minutes to go, we would have every one ready to hit the cc for maybe 6 or 8 k points but guess what, they hit out DL till they have a cushion of just enough points, pointless, we have dropped to 1000 from being 250 fzction all because we can't get points when all you can hit is the cc,

I would like to see a medal going into the 150 reward or better rewards for the rank finishing, gree can't be making much money from streak teams and not from the likes of our factions because we can't get to spend it, the whole point of a faction and growing a faction is pointless for this event , we will fight on but hope for the change, it will happen but when I don't know

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Good point but doesn't work, we have been matched with at least 15 steak teams, lost them all, they sit there just ahead of our points and make a move with a couple of minutes to go, we would have every one ready to hit the cc for maybe 6 or 8 k points but guess what, they hit out DL till they have a cushion of just enough points, pointless, we have dropped to 1000 from being 250 fzction all because we can't get points when all you can hit is the cc, I would like to see a medal going into the 150 reward or better rewards for the rank finishing, gree can't be making much money from streak teams and not from the likes of our factions because we can't get to spend it, the whole point of a faction and growing a faction is pointless for this event , we will fight on but hope for the change, it will happen but when I don't know

Replacing the unit with a medal for top 150 spot would not stop me and other teams streaking. I don't care for medals as I know I won't get all of them anyway. So I get one less medal instead... no big deal.

Agent Orange
01-19-2014, 12:45 PM

I would say that depends, and without giving up a lot of my current strategy let me say that my 'streak' team consists of 12 members which are all my LLPs so I have full control of the entire faction.

If you hit one of these 4 man teams with all stats over your faction you might be able to kill them but if they use gold you are still going to loose. Yes I have beaten some of these teams but gold being the factor vs an all free team guess who will win and that IS by Gree's design.

Still as Dutchie says you can have a lot of fun if you totally rework your MW strategy, for me I can play when I feel like ti which is not a lot lately and regain my life so pulling back to my own little faction was a great way to still be able to test theories yet not have the pressure of playing in a big faction where your participation is critical.

Sgt mason
01-19-2014, 12:48 PM
My faction has actually had some really good match ups. Top 50 faction playing some top 25, top 50, and top 100. Really good job gree. Quit your whining!!

free play
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Replacing the unit with a medal for top 150 spot would not stop me and other teams streaking. I don't care for medals as I know I won't get all of them anyway. So I get one less medal instead... no big deal.

Have you got your streak it is it on course ?

Gree will change it soon, that's the way of this game , change change and more change, the streak units are already allot weaker than before.

Tell me are you having fun playing the way you are, is it not more fun to have a battle and not just sit there gaining points from people that can't touch you,

I know we have had 18 bad battles with streak and 150 team even though we are 1000 at the moment, but the 3 battles we had with team like our selfs where great even though we lost, it was fun to have targets to hit, we gained 60 to 80k in points on those battles and the rest we get 5 to 10 k.

Farticus
01-19-2014, 01:28 PM
I have a startup faction with my mini and 2 others. One player has 75k stats, the other has 13k and the last one 3k. How in the world do we get matched up with a team that has 15 players and the defense leader has 140k defense. Just the one player has more stats than our whole team - ALMOST DOUBLE

WHAT A JOKE

free play
01-19-2014, 01:38 PM
I have a startup faction with my mini and 2 others. One player has 75k stats, the other has 13k and the last one 3k. How in the world do we get matched up with a team that has 15 players and the defense leader has 140k defense. Just the one player has more stats than our whole team - ALMOST DOUBLE

WHAT A JOKE

Is that k for millions or thousands,

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Have you got your streak it is it on course ?

Gree will change it soon, that's the way of this game , change change and more change, the streak units are already allot weaker than before.

Tell me are you having fun playing the way you are, is it not more fun to have a battle and not just sit there gaining points from people that can't touch you,

I know we have had 18 bad battles with streak and 150 team even though we are 1000 at the moment, but the 3 battles we had with team like our selfs where great even though we lost, it was fun to have targets to hit, we gained 60 to 80k in points on those battles and the rest we get 5 to 10 k.

We just lost our 3rd battle, this one against a top 10 streaker team with 8 players and the DL had 46m defense. Only 2 of our players had targets and the rest of us blitzed the CC at the end... we lost by 1k. The blitz was fun, but obviously we didn't get the right result. We can still get the 12 win streak but it will be very tight now...

Nobody likes losing and it is very frustrating when you lose more than 50% of your battles especially when you have no targets to hit which is when the fun goes. Of course most factions we meet can only hit our CC or hit one of my accounts as it has the weakest defense, whereas we can hit most if not all players.

For us it is much less stress streaking and I can assure you it is a lot more fun having lots of targets and beating up players rather than having no targets and losing 50% of your battles. Although the real fun is when we meet other streaker teams as it requires a bit more strategy. Being in a streaker team means I have a lot more time during these events rather than being glued to the game for 3 solid days, hence my active participation on here this weekend.

We were a top 75 team with 50+ members before we had enough and decided to make some changes as the bad match ups got worse and worse with each event. This is the first WD event where some of our members are mercenaries who joined other top factions for the WD event and the remaining members split into 2 streaker teams. Quite a few of us have been together since Brazil but we also have members that are still with us through 2 mergers that have happened in the past. At the end of this WD event we will all go back to the main faction for all the other events, which we do together as a team as we have always completed all of them.

Many top teams now have streaker teams and why you come across more of them. After playing WD events for a year and always finishing in the top 100, I have also become burnt out as the WD event is very intensive gameplay and time consuming. I suspect many players who have been here since the start feel the same way.

If GREE change the format, we will adapt to whatever they throw at us.

With regards to the stats and the bonuses of the streak prizes... it doesn't matter for me anymore. If I was still concerned about my stats, I would still be in a faction going for top 100 or higher as the bonuses are much better.

Back to work tomorrow, so I won't be on here as much as I have been this weekend :)

Weed
01-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't think gree has stopped favoring sup for matchups. We wait 10-15 min per match and they wait less than 3 min. I thought gree admitted to and then promised to even the playing field by not giving sup preferential treatment when matching up teams. I'd like to know CJ why sup doesn't have to wait for matches. Your team said you'd fix this but it looks like they still get priority when waiting for the next easy team to unload against.

Yup! Game has gone downhill for well over a year.

If Gree was smart, and they aren't, just greedy, they'd make sure there was a minimum number of members allowed to be in a faction before being allowed to match up. No more of this three member team crap, or 8 members with the same look and apname taking on 20+ member teams, etc. these matchups are s h i t! This game is s h i t and if the spoiled rich kids would quit wasting their dad's money on intangible gold items, perhaps Gree would actually listen and fix their s h i t!

Ubnvs2
01-20-2014, 01:52 AM
I agree with dirty mind, we were just put up against a faction with a DL of 13M. Our whole faction is only double that in total with 34 members. Don't complain just get over it... Enjoy the game if u can.

free play
01-20-2014, 02:19 AM
CJ, there's allot said here, we have had at least 6 battles against factions that are ranked at least 600 places sbove us. Also at least 20 against streak teams, that all we can do it hit the cc, we havnt spent gold this war as we can't but we usually do, can we have some post from yourself, I know what the match up formula you use is, I have posted it here before, all we want and ask for is to be able to compete in this event,

Roscoe782
01-20-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm not going to say one thing or another. We are top 50 and were gonna see if we could push top 25. These are a list of our impossible matchups. Most from the last 24 hours. Make your own judgements how I/we feel.

Sup1 (x3)
sup 2 (x2)
tko (x1)
gsf (x1)
VFF legends (x2)
Spice girls (x2)
ER (x2)
tko aka tld (x2)
pun old school (x1)
blunt bastardz (x1)
kys (x1)

18 automatic losses with little points other than wall and cc. Some members, about 3-5, have targets. Enjoy.

free play
01-20-2014, 04:03 AM
I'm not going to say one thing or another. We are top 50 and were gonna see if we could push top 25. These are a list of our impossible matchups. Most from the last 24 hours. Make your own judgements how I/we feel.

Sup1 (x3)
sup 2 (x2)
tko (x1)
gsf (x1)
VFF legends (x2)
Spice girls (x2)
ER (x2)
tko aka tld (x2)
pun old school (x1)
blunt bastardz (x1)
kys (x1)

18 automatic losses with little points other than wall and cc. Some members, about 3-5, have targets. Enjoy.

Some big factions there but 50 against other top 50 seems ok, 1000 against 150 is not. We wouldn't mind getting matched with factions 50 either side of us, win or loose we would have targets and fun in war

boco78
01-20-2014, 04:10 AM

Sup1 (x3)
sup 2 (x2)
tko (x1)
gsf (x1)
VFF legends (x2)
Spice girls (x2)
ER (x2)
tko aka tld (x2)
pun old school (x1)
blunt bastardz (x1)
kys (x1)

I feel your pain. We are also fighting for a top position at the moment and we got matched up with GSF, PUN Old School and now SUP2 (although they were moving on the leaderboard) in the last 3 battles. I will not even write down all the bad match-ups during the whole weekend. I really donīt see the fun in a battle when you can hit only the CC. This should be fixed as soon as possible. There are enough faction of the same strength to compete with each other. With this match-up system there is no need for a WD event, as the top 10 spots are already decided before it even starts and there is no possibility for an outsider to get near them (even if they spend a ton of gold).

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 04:21 AM
@boco78 - You are asking for the impossible. You are asking that SUP1, SUP2 and TKO can only fight each other during this event and that other factions can only fight factions of similar strength seriously reducing the number of battles for every faction in this event if you were to implement these restrictions during matchups.

The only solution I see is that you have a minimum number of members in a faction (i.e. min 25 members) AND that the faction attack strength total has a maximum (i.e. max 2 billion attack). By combining these two faction restrictions, only then is there the possibility of more even faction matchups.

I do not see any solution by tinkering with the current matchup algorithm as I have already explained in this and other threads.

boco78
01-20-2014, 04:45 AM
I know itīs impossible, but now there are not only SUP1, SUP2 and TKO...there are at least 10 factions or more (thanks to the split ups and forming of streak teams) that can fight each other and are in a range of over 25 million defense, so why screwing the underdogs who want to fight their way up, even if only for an event?!?

Vegaman
01-20-2014, 04:49 AM
We all know whats happening. Its designed purely to get faction to spend gold. We have several times as a faction of mediocre players been on the last game of a win streak and BANG we get a whale faction. Some are 50 members like us but a million points ahead on the leader board. 800k vs 1.8 million. Some where 6-10 man streak teams with 30-40 million players.
All our members backed off after the first mis match and no one is spending on gold. So thats about $2,000 from our team not spent. Multiply that by several hundred teams feeling similar. Not sure GREE have thought this through.

So as said. It is what it is but we play for fun and enjoy the banter in faction more than these time consuming useless Wars.

boco78
01-20-2014, 04:50 AM
Add SUP1 to the match ups we had in the last 4 battles...

Sinisterclick
01-20-2014, 05:32 AM
Maybe gree should consider this for all those factions not wanting to play with the BIG boys.. Roborhino..

DFI
01-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Well if you trust gree, the good news for our faction is that we've played each of the top 5 factions three times now (ok, maybe KYS only twice), so if gree is being truthful, then we won't see any of them this war. But really, 25% of our battles against these guys? Once, maybe twice, but three times?

boco78
01-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Well if you trust gree, the good news for our faction is that we've played each of the top 5 factions three times now (ok, maybe KYS only twice), so if gree is being truthful, then we won't see any of them this war. But really, 25% of our battles against these guys? Once, maybe twice, but three times?
Completely agree...

Av it
01-20-2014, 06:37 AM
We have 29 people and getted matched up with a faction of 1 but he has a defence of 33 mill how is that right, spoils the game, cant do anthing, not spending any more untill this is sorted out

1GaDawg85
01-20-2014, 06:40 AM
How are teams of 7 with over 10 million defense fair to team of 30 with most only over 1 million.....

Adm.J
01-20-2014, 06:41 AM
@boco78 - You are asking for the impossible. You are asking that SUP1, SUP2 and TKO can only fight each other during this event...God forbid we anger our overlords. So piss off tens of thousands to keep 200 happy.

Digger666
01-20-2014, 06:47 AM
This problem is being talked about everywhere. I know a lot of players dropping from top Teams to streak teams which cost less gold and guys quitting Spending all Together because of the endless problems that have plagued this game for some time now. I'm not saying this game will keel over but it's going to hurt grees pocket! People are fed up and spending less and less because of it.