PDA

View Full Version : Crazy hard match ups

General Nu
12-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Anyone else getting crazy hard match ups? We are usually top 300 but are just barely outside of top 500. Every matchup is horribly strong factions.

SevenO9
12-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Within the first three matches we had SUP 1&2. Since then we had two other top5 teams. Given that we always have been top25 I'd say the matchings are as usual.

As a top25 team (usually arround 25-20) one would expect to get nearly every top50 team once during the event. Experience however, tells me we will meet SUP 1&2 more then one more time this weekend.

SpikeyKit
12-07-2013, 02:27 AM
Up against teams of 8 and 12 to our 44 not even room to get a pin in

deathproof
12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Yh same problem here. Were a top 1000 faction facing factions with 4 to 5 mil defence. Those are not top 1000 stats imo.

lightning strikes
12-07-2013, 04:19 AM
We were somewhere R305 in Italy, still waiting for winner list, but we have not won 1 battle and floating at R531 now. Last faction we lost from was R158. Its impossible to win something.

ste58008
12-07-2013, 04:32 AM
Well we are currently about 1650 in this event and just got put against a team that is currently 236. It didn't even take long to find the match up, so it wasn't like it tried for ages and had to widen it's search.

RedRoom
12-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Stands to reason that the top 3 or so teams are going to have to be matched against lower teams. They can't fight each other for 3 days...suck it up. This is a war game...

General Nu
12-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I've been playing for a year and have never seen such hard match ups. We just cant find targets. It's not like I just started playing here pal. Another gold grab in my opinion.

lemonhaze
12-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I've been playing for a year and have never seen such hard match ups. We just cant find targets. It's not like I just started playing here pal. Another gold grab in my opinion. yea they wanna match u up against teams when ur on a streak so u cant get those units totally free they will match u with another on a streak and then what happens out flys the gold..so we said heck with the streaks and just go balls to the wall till monday..much more fun that way anyways..not like we cant make some stats back up from some sort of event..we are never short on gold grabbing events..

Luuzer
12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
yea they wanna match u up against teams when ur on a streak so u cant get those units totally free they will match u with another on a streak and then what happens out flys the gold..so we said heck with the streaks and just go balls to the wall till monday..much more fun that way anyways..not like we cant make some stats back up from some sort of event..we are never short on gold grabbing events..

yup, streak killing code is still there. Still havent got the streak of 3 even, 2 we got on a 2nd try barely

JustTVH
12-07-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd say you guys factions are not setup properly...... just sayin.....

opx1
12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
we just got one dl at 51 mil

Andycis516
12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
We are having much better job with matchups this war. Last month was brutal

deathproof
12-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I think its more based on faction size this time. Every faction we face is about the same size. Only there in top 500 and we are in top 1000:p haha

Nick416
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
They are deliberately lowing their numbers to get better matchups and get the streaks it is totally unfair to the newer players so let's see what Gree does about it.

GreenwichKid
12-07-2013, 02:13 PM
The matching system is just sh i te, we've been T1000 T750 T500 from the very start, last war we were matched against a faction that everyone of the other faction had a better defence than our best attack, if that's not sh it then nothing is.

andypandy2
12-07-2013, 02:17 PM
My faction, Cerial Box, consists of just me. I routinely am matched with factions with 15 or more members. I beat them all! Well, except for that first one when I picked a bad time to go out and smoke a cigar!

Greg76
12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
My faction has over 50 members. The last 3 wars none of us have been able to even win one fight. This is a ****ing joke.

oakletixfan
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
we are ranked 199 currently and we get 2 easy battles and then right before we get a 3 streak we matchup against impossible to beat teams. Guess its happening to everyone

Eduard
12-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes horrible matchups. This cannot be true. There must be something wrong, else i cannot explain this.

GREE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Luuzer
12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
we are ranked 199 currently and we get 2 easy battles and then right before we get a 3 streak we matchup against impossible to beat teams. Guess its happening to everyone

yup, its grees way of saying, dont spend gold, go find another and better game :) no point to spend gold when whole team is facing command centre

D1E Luke
12-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm a single player faction so top 4000 factions have to deal with me. Lol.

partcrash
12-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I do not see any anti-streak code. We are currently at streak 6 and progressing nicely.

Also faction size does not seem to play role. Match ups are still loosely based on total attack/ def scores of all members. And when I say loosely- I mean just that- the range as I see it is +- 33% possibly more. I assume also that as you go up in rank the range widens as the data points (faction strength) grow apart by larger numbers.

Merc_mw
12-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I think current rank has more play. We have been up against teams with 100% more D than we had. We have faced teams way above our placement in Mexico (Mods, there are 3 hours EST until your Italy results promise is broken) and far below. However we are playing below where we will finish, intentionally, as I'm sure many teams do. So, if you are playing higher than you normally finish, expect to find harder teams, and if you are static to where you normally finish expect to find harder teams. It's WAR and different teams have different strategies.

Now put on your big boy pants and go attack someone.

Blade of 3
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Everyone is going with a small team of stronger player so the other team doesn't have much of a chance. Streak teams ruin WD.

Elite Enforcer
12-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Looks like this match up is a big problem and we're not the only faction. Well my faction stopped using gold. Enough is enough.

Speak Easy
12-08-2013, 12:45 AM
I do not see any anti-streak code. We are currently at streak 6 and progressing nicely.

Also faction size does not seem to play role. Match ups are still loosely based on total attack/ def scores of all members. And when I say loosely- I mean just that- the range as I see it is +- 33% possibly more. I assume also that as you go up in rank the range widens as the data points (faction strength) grow apart by larger numbers.

Roughly??

Try over 80 million more defense than our total low level faction of 31; and they had 8 members. It happened on the last battle of a streak. Strange how that happens isn't it.

General Nu
12-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Roughly??

Try over 80 million more defense than our total low level faction of 31; and they had 8 members. It happened on the last battle of a streak. Strange how that happens isn't it.

We see the same. Good luck to them for the faction events when they only have 8 proven players. They must have deep pockets!

As for the not set up right comment. I have had my faction since the faction feature has been introduced. We have since adjusted our STRATEGY and are now 20,000 point away from top 250. I love the short sightedness of these new players. First it was keep your allies low and no one will attack you. Then it was horde all your valour because the grass will be greener. Now it's kick your entire faction! Good luck with that!

Luuzer
12-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I think current rank has more play. We have been up against teams with 100% more D than we had. We have faced teams way above our placement in Mexico (Mods, there are 3 hours EST until your Italy results promise is broken) and far below. However we are playing below where we will finish, intentionally, as I'm sure many teams do. So, if you are playing higher than you normally finish, expect to find harder teams, and if you are static to where you normally finish expect to find harder teams. It's WAR and different teams have different strategies.

Now put on your big boy pants and go attack someone.

war is where U can fight someone. But when U face command centre at the end of streak then its no fun. Our strongest players have 3-4 mil attack, and even they have to hit cc. This war we havent had YET enemy where they scored 200k points against our 10k but...it still might come. Streak killing code is working, unlike other things that should work :(