PDA

View Full Version : Gree, 24hour ltb gold sale

reticlover
12-06-2013, 08:27 AM
gree, would it be possible to offer the previous ltbs to be bought with gold for a 24 hr period for those that missed out on buying them.

make them available to buy like the gold buildings in the store. 5 minute builds. give everyone ability to buy 2 of each. and those player that bought them already when they first come out would be able to own 4 of each max

Puckface McGee
12-06-2013, 08:32 AM
in-game cash or respect points sound better to me, don't use the g word

mxz
12-06-2013, 08:35 AM
I suspect you don't understand what the LT part of LTB stands for...

Puckface McGee
12-06-2013, 08:42 AM
But they could make a whole new retro event out of old buildings! Half the work is already done for Gree!! And those that already have them can get...well.....what do you give a person who has everything?

(Edit to add that Gree just gives them extra love. Maybe some candy. Idk, whatever.)

reticlover
12-06-2013, 09:24 AM

yes i understand what the lt stands for,

doing a 24hr sale would be good for those that dont have them or were not in the game when they were released,

The Billionaire
12-06-2013, 09:48 AM
This is actually a very good idea. The LT part is upgrading it within the limited time period to win the prizes. There's no reason why the buildings shouldn't be available after the event has finished.

Obviously they should be more expensive than they were during the LTB otherwise it isn't fair on the players who had to break a sweat getting the money together just to buy the building.

I would be nice to see buildings that could be purchased with respect points. I would recommend the following:

The cheap ones could be purchased with respect points
Bloody Barber Shop
To Die for Designs
Big Top Burlesque

The more expensive ones should be always available in store but at double the original cost
Chinese Pagoda
Dockside Mill
West Side Jems
No Interest Savings
Shiner's Still
TransTech Building
Toybox
Smoked Fowl Deli

Other past LE buildings include
Haunted House
Gobble Gobble Restaurant
Frosty Hideout

Good idea! I think all the buildings that have previously been available should be available to everyone. Means there'll be more of them to rob ;) However they should be a lot more expensive than they were originally when they were part of an LTB event.

Food for thought Gree!

[CM]]forgetaboutit
12-06-2013, 11:24 AM
This is actually a very good idea. The LT part is upgrading it within the limited time period to win the prizes. There's no reason why the buildings shouldn't be available after the event has finished.

Obviously they should be more expensive than they were during the LTB otherwise it isn't fair on the players who had to break a sweat getting the money together just to buy the building.

I would be nice to see buildings that could be purchased with respect points. I would recommend the following:

Bloody Barber Shop
To Die for Designs
Big Top Burlesque

The more expensive ones should be always available in store but at double the original cost
Chinese Pagoda
Dockside Mill
West Side Jems
No Interest Savings
Shiner's Still
TransTech Building
Toybox
Smoked Fowl Deli

Haunted House
Gobble Gobble Restaurant
Frosty Hideout

Good idea! I think all the buildings that have previously been available should be available to everyone. Means there'll be more of them to rob ;) However they should be a lot more expensive than they were originally when they were part of an LTB event.

Food for thought Gree!

I like your response Billionaire
I also think maybe they could up the limit of 2 buildings to 3 or even 4
Then we could catch up to your iph :cool:

Bariel
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
My main has 2x most LTBs and therefore wouldn't like them being made available to others to get since I wouldn't be able to buy more of them. They've sucked most of the strategy out of this game already and building IPH to get the stat gains from LTBs is one of the few pieces left, offering them up to be bought with gold or cash to me just sucks that last remaining ounce of planning required.

I did miss the earlier ones with my mini and as much as I'd like a couple of pagodas for my mini I just don't like the idea.

Emperor886
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Just like how the McRib is always back for a limited time? Limited Time doesn't necessarily mean one time only. If they brought it back for 24 hours, the time in which you could purchase them would be limited...you know, kinda like a limited time thing....

The Billionaire
12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
]forgetaboutit;1104711']I like your response Billionaire
I also think maybe they could up the limit of 2 buildings to 3 or even 4
Then we could catch up to your iph :cool:

Increasing the limit would be a good option but unfortunately they'd need to release more expansions before they do that and from previous posts by CJ i believe that is not possible.

My main has 2x most LTBs and therefore wouldn't like them being made available to others to get since I wouldn't be able to buy more of them. They've sucked most of the strategy out of this game already and building IPH to get the stat gains from LTBs is one of the few pieces left, offering them up to be bought with gold or cash to me just sucks that last remaining ounce of planning required.

I did miss the earlier ones with my mini and as much as I'd like a couple of pagodas for my mini I just don't like the idea.

I don't think they should cost gold to be purchased but they should be available to all for huge amounts of cash or RP.

I think you've misunderstood the LTB point. We would still have LTB challenges where you win a prize for each upgrade within the limited time. For example:

The Billionaire's Bank LTB gets released and the Bank costs $50m to purchase. You've got 20 days to upgrade it to level10 and you collect a prize for each successful upgrade.

After the event is over the building is not available to purchase. However, 3 months later it appears in the store at a cost of $150m or 2,000,000 RP for all those who didn't get to purchase it during the LTB challenge. There's no prizes for upgrading it though, it just means players have the opportunity to get the buildings they missed out on, albeit at a much higher price but this should give players an incentive to go on a robbing spree to collect the money for it whilst the LTB challenge is live so they don't have to pay extortionate prices for them later on down the line.

Bariel
12-06-2013, 04:24 PM
The Billionaire's Bank LTB gets released and the Bank costs $50m to purchase. You've got 20 days to upgrade it to level10 and you collect a prize for each successful upgrade.

After the event is over the building is not available to purchase. However, 3 months later it appears in the store at a cost of $150m or 2,000,000 RP for all those who didn't get to purchase it during the LTB challenge. There's no prizes for upgrading it though, it just means players have the opportunity to get the buildings they missed out on, albeit at a much higher price but this should give players an incentive to go on a robbing spree to collect the money for it whilst the LTB challenge is live so they don't have to pay extortionate prices for them later on down the line.

True, that's not so bad if they can only grab the building not the prizes as well, was thinking it would be like re-running the LTB with prizes too.

They so need to release "The Billionaires Bank" as an LTB, that'd be a cool name to have for one.

Captain Torgue
12-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Haunted House
Gobble Gobble Restaurant
Frosty Hideout

The gingerbread house as well. As a collector of buildings, these four are the only ones missing in my hood and hope to be able to add them one day :)

The Billionaire
12-06-2013, 11:48 PM
The gingerbread house as well. As a collector of buildings, these four are the only ones missing in my hood and hope to be able to add them one day :)

That's a good point!

Where has the gingerbread house gone? it was in the store when I first started playing CC and was there for ages but now it's gone. I'm guessing they removed it because nobody was buying it.

Op23june
12-07-2013, 02:01 AM
yes i missed many of ltb..just bcoz i was new to game and as everyone will agree it takes time to build your iph and thats why i wasnot able to buy those ltb....i hope gree reads this post....really nice post...i also like buying the ltb by respect coin point made by billionaire.....and ltb should be added in building list...if they are costly no problem when i will get the required money i can buy it......

reticlover
12-07-2013, 08:32 AM
gree please take this in to consideration.

Gingeasian
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
This is a great idea and would actually add a bit of strategy for the 24 hours. Since all LTBs took 24 hours to build players would have to decide which LTB they really wanted unless they wanted to spend gold rushing the build time. Players who missed out on them get the buildings and Gree wins because people spend to rush build times.

reticlover
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
GREE, give us your feedback and let us know if u will take this under consideration?

Deadwater
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM

I was just at your hood and was thinking you could use some frosty's hideouts.

noamlin
12-09-2013, 03:18 PM
I like the idea because of one thing -
The weird collection cycles r actually the last thing that makes this game challenging.
If I manage to rob some1 it will always be a ltb lol. Same goes for when some1 manages to rob me :-D

About the frosty hideout / gingerbread house etc - bad idea because these were limited to holidays (like xmas or thanksgiving). What gree should really do is make new LHBs! (Limited holiday building lol). We missed thanksgiving but there is still xmas and the new years on the way ;-)

Death666
12-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Bloody Barber Shop
To Die for Designs
Big Top Burlesque

Chinese Pagoda
Dockside Mill
West Side Jems
No Interest Savings
Shiner's Still
TransTech Building
Toybox
Smoked Fowl Deli

Haunted House
Gobble Gobble Restaurant
Frosty Hideout

Food for thought Gree!

I love this idea, I missed on just about all of them. Hope Gree does it.

alex6789
12-10-2013, 07:54 PM
I like the idea because of one thing -
The weird collection cycles r actually the last thing that makes this game challenging.
If I manage to rob some1 it will always be a ltb lol. Same goes for when some1 manages to rob me :-D

About the frosty hideout / gingerbread house etc - bad idea because these were limited to holidays (like xmas or thanksgiving). What gree should really do is make new LHBs! (Limited holiday building lol). We missed thanksgiving but there is still xmas and the new years on the way ;-) But what about the "smoked fowl" deli? ok, maybe only turkey-ish.

Skillz4You
12-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Increasing the limit would be a good option but unfortunately they'd need to release more expansions before they do that and from previous posts by CJ i believe that is not possible.

They should allow you to rent expansions for lets say 100 gold a month or something. Since the only reason it is NOT possible is all the extra data from the 90% that play this game, for the most part, free. Obviously this exact idea would not work, but something of this could be put in place. As every other idea members come up with though, this will be another thread that gets filed in the zero bin with the storage organization.

Skillz4You
12-10-2013, 08:36 PM
But what about the "smoked fowl" deli? ok, maybe only turkey-ish.

Bloody barbershop for holloween too.

ant1greeny2
12-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Bloody Barber Shop
To Die for Designs
Big Top Burlesque

Chinese Pagoda
Dockside Mill
West Side Jems
No Interest Savings
Shiner's Still
TransTech Building
Toybox
Smoked Fowl Deli

Haunted House
Gobble Gobble Restaurant
Frosty Hideout

Food for thought Gree!

This would be AMAZING!

Death666
12-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Bump to keep alive, lets keep it rolling till it becomes annoying and Gree complies to shut us up!

reticlover
01-01-2014, 08:52 PM
A&F. Or GREE please give us your thoughts on our suggestions

JeffinChi
01-02-2014, 02:35 AM
A&F. Or GREE please give us your thoughts on our suggestions

Gree, you are getting game changing ideas that players will like - FOR FREE

It would be nice for somebody from the company to acknowledge this great idea

LtotheG
01-02-2014, 03:30 AM
I think there has to be a poll first, i like the idea LTB's should be available after the limited time.

Buy with ingame cash, normal prices
NO weapon prizes attached
Maybe longer building time?

There needs to be something done about the buildings, the best building by far is the nightclub. there is no reason to upgrade or build any other buildings.

I don't think Gree will bother, but lets give it a try!

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-02-2014, 05:05 AM
how about replacing current gold buildings in the store with ltbs as gold buildings? effectively turning current gold buildings in to ltbs too.

reticlover
01-10-2014, 09:51 AM
gree have you even read this post yet????????????????????????????????????????????

FlyMeMoon
01-10-2014, 10:32 AM
I don't like this idea. Sorry. These buildings were offered to us on the basis that they had limited availability i.e. the time the event takes place. They should stay that way.

reticlover
01-12-2014, 12:04 PM
lets do this

reticlover
01-20-2014, 06:54 AM
gree, please confirm you have read this

HTCBC
01-20-2014, 07:06 AM
bump http://www.orgsites.com/pa/pack63drumsstjohnspa/animated-popcorn.gif

eNtroX
01-20-2014, 07:11 AM
agree... !

bravo 6 vk
01-20-2014, 08:47 AM
agree too!

KlitschkO
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM
i want that old limited buildings also! good idea

Jclew
01-20-2014, 10:45 AM
I would also like the idea of being able to acquire older LTBs. Whatever would make it "fair" because we obviously didn't get them during the limited time... But then again without the prize per upgrade part that may make it "fair enough" in itself. On the other hand almost every building in the store would be obsolete ... But with a lower IPH and not a ton of time being part of the game no matter how much robbing I did I couldn't afford most LTBs until this ice rink. Then of course when it came out I had just started my night club that I spent a week saving for... There goes that opportunity lol...

reticlover
01-23-2014, 05:46 PM
CJ or A&F what do u think of this idea, they would still be limited time buildings just like the mcrib is limited time,

CJ54
01-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Probably not going to happen, we don't tend to repeat limited time things (purposefully, anyway).

sam0621
01-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Shot......down.

sam0621
01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I really liked the idea and I have most of the ltbs only missing low interest. :( Billionares bank CJ?

Outrage
01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Never thought this was a good idea. There will always be a subset of people that cannot get the LTB for a variety of reasons .... Eg missed the event, not enough money, etc. That's just how life is. Wait for the next LTB!

reticlover
03-26-2014, 07:45 AM
gree, how come u have yet to reply or give any thought to this.

Chris Boa
03-26-2014, 09:52 AM
gree, how come u have yet to reply or give any thought to this.

They did, didn't they?

reticlover
03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Probably not going to happen, we don't tend to repeat limited time things (purposefully, anyway).

wow, i totally missed this post.

anyways. can we get a poll going on who thinks it would be a great idea? by making it a 24hr sale there would be a lot of revenue for gree, some people would miss out cause they dont play every day. those that do would have opportunity to buy them for gold and those that already have them would have a chance to own 4 of them. come on- who wouldnt want 4 west side fine gems, or 4 transtech buildings, dockside mills, or the pagoda. CJ please pass it along to those that make these decisions or start a poll if that is whats needed to atlease have it reviewed

it would still be a limited time building. just like the McRibb is at McDonalds :)

reticlover
01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Look, gree is using my idea

Captain Torgue
01-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Look, gree is using my idea

Careful Broseph the mods on power trips around here will have a hissy fit if you necro threads.

Thatkidyouknow
01-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Careful Broseph the mods on power trips around here will have a hissy fit if you necro threads.

Possibly the best sentence I've ever read.

Oh_TheHorror
01-16-2015, 07:15 PM
And it only took a year. At least now we know how long it takes for GREE to listen to their consumers. So, if you'd like to see something implemented by the summer of 2016, you better post them now.

Weasel
01-16-2015, 07:28 PM
And it only took a year. At least now we know how long it takes for GREE to listen to their consumers. So, if you'd like to see something implemented by the summer of 2016, you better post them now.

This has nothing to do with listening to customers. As stated in this thread, they don't tend to intentionally repeat "limited time things". The only explanation for this move is a desperate attempt to reverse, or at least slow, the decline in revenue.

There has not been an overwhelming demand for LTBs to be reissued. There has been some interest shown over the last year or two, however, so why not give it a try? Especially when they can slap a gold-only pricetag on all the buildings worth buying. The buildings already exist, so they don't have to spend any resources creating new content. Just copy/paste, add gold cost, profit.

Sure, some people will love this and even more will be happy about it. Make no mistakes though, player happiness is not a factor in the decision making process.

wholesomeannie
01-16-2015, 07:32 PM

Hi, am new here & just started CC, is it really so bad? Thanks.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Just like how the McRib is always back for a limited time?
since the necro is real, is the McRib out right now? I wouldn't mind me some bbq drippin rib sammiches right about now.

Oh_TheHorror
01-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Hi, am new here & just started CC, is it really so bad? Thanks.

Just look around the forum. If you can get by all the trolling, you'll see more complaints than praise. The game can be very frustrating at times. Regardless, welcome to the madhouse. Find yourself a syndicate ASAP.

wholesomeannie
01-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Just look around the forum. If you can get by all the trolling, you'll see more complaints than praise. The game can be very frustrating at times. Regardless, welcome to the madhouse. Find yourself a syndicate ASAP.

Yes that's what I see, what is trolling?

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-16-2015, 08:12 PM
define necro, thanks.

how about noooooooo.

Oh_TheHorror
01-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Yes that's what I see, what is trolling?

Trolling is basically being a tool because you have nothing better to do. Keyboard warriors, thumb thugs, Internet tough guys, etc. They come in various forms on here.

Jason_Bourne
01-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Can someone fill me in please? What are you guys talking about?! Has any of the past LTBs been (re)released??

Captain Torgue
01-17-2015, 12:13 AM
Can someone fill me in please? What are you guys talking about?! Has any of the past LTBs been (re)released??

Yes, check the store now. You only have until the end of the month to build them all.

jfgarzon
01-17-2015, 12:19 AM
This has nothing to do with listening to customers. As stated in this thread, they don't tend to intentionally repeat "limited time things". The only explanation for this move is a desperate attempt to reverse, or at least slow, the decline in revenue.

There has not been an overwhelming demand for LTBs to be reissued. There has been some interest shown over the last year or two, however, so why not give it a try? Especially when they can slap a gold-only pricetag on all the buildings worth buying. The buildings already exist, so they don't have to spend any resources creating new content. Just copy/paste, add gold cost, profit.

Sure, some people will love this and even more will be happy about it. Make no mistakes though, player happiness is not a factor in the decision making process.

I agree the same reason we have our third 40% off sale in the past 2 months before that it was a long time since the last 40% off Sale it's all about money and people are spending less here so they have to lower the cost to increase revenue.

sister morphine
01-17-2015, 01:03 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Not sure on this. Any new builds wouldn't get the prizes that came with the original LTB event and putting the cost up woud also punish players who maybe couldn't afford to buy a pair at the time but would like to now. When old LTBs came back for a few weeks in MW players who had two already could buy a second pair - that was cool; the fact that all the decent buildings were priced in quite hefty amounts of gold was not.