PDA

View Full Version : New Arena Guide!! 50 minutes, 9 wins, 1200 points

Then000bster
12-06-2013, 02:45 AM
NEW FEATURES of Arena!!
The layout has changed as well as the fighting location. The points are now in around 100 per fight(at level 100) with the added bonuses of streak/revenge. This update has also made it so that the REFILL per energy is 25MINUTES long.
REWARD styles are taken both from old arena and EB. Meaning as you go along in the arena you get free armors for getting a number of points that are specified, sort of like getting X amount of kills on EB, and the prize for finishing in a certain placing. Also the rewards have been changed into different brackets, as well as the prizes. Epics for 1-3rd, 4* for 4-1000th as well as gems, fusion stones, boosts, other armor, etc.
LEADERBOARDS have been updated. It is like the old one, but there is a new button that let's you skip to the top leaders as well as a new section of where you can view how you stack up against your friends and where they come in the leaderboards!!!
STREAKS are in place of doubling down, and they have now given instant rewards getting a certain streak. The streaks start at 3 and going in increments of 3 up until it breaks the habit at streak 20, which is the max and will reset after obtaining streak #20. As well as the rewards you also get a points percentage bonus for every bracket you achieve going in tens the first few then by 20% all the way to 100% score at a 20 streak.

GETTING SCORE(ea fight ~100)(at the 9th streak you get a free gold star chosen at random)
As it says, in 50 minutes of game play time you can get 1200 points, to do this though you need 9 consistent wins(any of this will not apply to friend battles). To START you need 5 max energy(it is possible with 4 but not advised). After your first fight you will now see a red line like frenzy saying "streak ends in: x:xx". When you win, it starts at almost 10 minutes and counts down. Every time you get a kill this resets, giving you almost 10 more minutes. The thing is if you were to use all 5 at the start it would take about 2-5 minutes and you'd be left with a timer saying 10 minutes until streak ends. You would end up with a lousy 5 streak and not be able to reach #6 because with the update it now takes 25 minutes per energy to refill. If you spread those out, waiting for the clock on the streak to get down to the last minute or so you can gain extra energy. So after your first kill you wait for the timer to reach at least under two minutes, but enough time left to get the next streak win. Repeat this for the next few kills. This will allow you to get an extra energy for the #6 win streak, which gives you +2 energy for getting there and gets you close to the last energy you need. It is possible to stretch every single kill and get a 10th kill, but I deem it too much work and not enough bonus, as this way already takes 50 minutes. After your 9th win it will take a whole 2 hours and 5 minutes to recharge your arena energy back to 5. This means that you can get about 1200 points every 3 hours... if you don't lose.
SUMMARY The object is to stretch your win streak by waiting until the streak is almost done and winning another. To do it quick and fast stretch out your 5energy over 25 minutes so you can get a 6streak, do the other 2 from the reward to get an 8 streak then repeat(total time 2 hours 30 minutes).

Side notes
Refreshing the game gets you new opponents still. Glad they kept that in :)
The finishing rewards bracket gives more points in fusion if you end 1001-2500 than the 201-1000th.
8 kill streak gets 1050 points = 7 arena points per minute
9 kill streak gets 1200 points = 6.666 arena points per minute

Oxilated
12-06-2013, 03:49 AM
To avoid big block of text

start fight with full energy

Rules of arena:
energy regens at 25 minutes
streaks disappear in 10 mins and go back to 10 mins after every fight

Fight every 9 mins
waiting 3x9 mins will give you 27 mins of regen or 1 energy
thats 3/6 energy
keep doing this. on the 6th win you will get 2 more energy
so you already used 6/8 energy
wait 2x9 = 18 mins + 2min spare from other one = 20 mins
so you used 8/8 (OH NOES IM OUT OF ENERGY)
nope you are not. keep in mind that streak resets in 10 mins.
wait 5 minutes and you will have 8/9 energy
Go on and finish your 9th kill

Note that this is also helpful at start of every arena or near reward tiers that gives of energy.
was not gonna post this and use this to my advantage but someone posted it

Extra Tip: if you are still far away from the energy reward tier, you can use 9 gems to get 13 energy (due to 30% offer)

without waiting
you start with 5 energy + 13 from one you bought = 18
at 6th win you get +2 more = 20
if you feel confident enough you can do 20 win streak. you can get 6 enchanted chest for a whopping price of 9 gems
Also the 20/20 quest gives 3 gems so the first time you do it, it would only cost 6 gems

went from rank 1234 to 400 with just 9 gems.

Problem is that i hate the waiting game

Sol Invictus
12-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Friend battles give you 20 points for a win, so you can supplement your Arena wins with friend battles while you wait.

Oxilated
12-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Friend battles give you 20 points for a win, so you can supplement your Arena wins with friend battles while you wait.
never thought of that. thanks
i only battled my friends for the first 3 weeks i got the game. stopped it because it takes 2 hours go get through all 100 friends. now 129 friends seems harsh for the time

EljayK
12-06-2013, 05:30 AM
If you are in a win streak, waiting out the 9 minutes between streak resets, do you get the win streak bonus on friends? Worth checking. I'm out of energy right now, and only just saw this.

Then000bster
12-06-2013, 05:36 AM
If you are in a win streak, waiting out the 9 minutes between streak resets, do you get the win streak bonus on friends? Worth checking. I'm out of energy right now, and only just saw this.

No, friends don't keep the ball rolling. I think I put it in parenthese somewhere on there :)

EljayK
12-06-2013, 07:21 AM
No, friends don't keep the ball rolling. I think I put it in parenthese somewhere on there :)

I didn't mean to keep the ball rolling. I meant just for added points. Like with first streak bonus you get 10% extra. A friend gives 20. If you're on a streak, will a friend give +2? Unless this is the answer you just gave me, in which case disregard

Oxilated
12-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Side notes
The finishing rewards bracket gives more points in fusion if you end 1001-2500 than the 201-1000th.

False
The milestone reward makes up for that.

EljayK
12-06-2013, 09:25 AM
False
The milestone reward makes up for that.

Yeah, but that may not always be true. This week people are spending a lot of gems. In time that may change. Milestone bonuses and placing bonuses are different each week. It will of course reach a standardized range, but this week that range will definitely not be it.

Also he was stating an incompensate.

Stooboot
12-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Yea thought this new arena was great until I realized this. Who has the time to just sit around and watch this clock every for an hour straight. The new system and rewards are great but the streak system sucks people have jobs and lives we cant be watching a clock on a phone game all day.

SkySD
12-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I agree, for those of us with jobs and daily responsibilities this new streak system is not very good. Unless you want to spend gems or stare at your phone/ipad 24/7 you won't be getting very far in the arena.

EljayK
12-06-2013, 10:41 AM
However, because of that, it will disperse the wealth from GW into arena weekly, possibly lowering the cost of GW epics and top 10.

theRussian
12-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Spend 800 gems and buy arena energy. Profit. Lol

EljayK
12-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Spend 800 gems and buy arena energy. Profit. Lol

I meant more along the lines of there being an epic at the end of the arena rainbow each week. Some people may not do it because they already have it, and others who really want that particular one may really go for it. That may take some people who were going to spend for a war out of that 400k war total. It's just a thought.

Silent follower
12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Note that you really need to win before the counter goes down to 0:00! I've lost streaks when I started the fight too late even if I speeded it up. You need at least 30 secs to the battle, 35 to be sure.

Zyntree
12-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Personally I like the streak thing. To reach the extra energy for free, you need to check your phone once every 8-9 minutes three times, or you could get it with the daily reward or through the milestone that gives energy, so there are a few ways to grab it without gems. It is certainly an incentive to spend gems as well.

it will really be interesting to see where the standard numbers fall. At the end of the last tournament it was about 5k points for top 1,500, which was generally my goal and which i could reach in 3 days with double downs. Not sure if the rewards will stay as good as they are right now, but atm, they are awesome.

Love the update.

Synovia
12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Note that you really need to win before the counter goes down to 0:00! I've lost streaks when I started the fight too late even if I speeded it up. You need at least 30 secs to the battle, 35 to be sure.

The problem is that the game is so laggy sometimes that even with a 1;30 left, by the ttime you get through the arena menus, and the lagging dialog boxes, etc, you still sometimes don't have enough time. Basically you have to be sitting there staring at the phone the last 2+ minutes.

Lord Marius
12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Overall I like the update. Arena is way more interesting, but I hate the streak timer. A streak timer makes no sense and puts a wet blanket over a great new system. I like the armor slots going up to 80, and the rewards for leveling up past 100 seem to be improved. Not to mention better damage leader rewards in the Epic Boss battles. I only hope the update hasn't decreased chances of fusing epics. I know almost all my guild that was trying were able to fuse at least one epic, except me. And if it is changed now I will be very disappointed.

Daenerys
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Overall I like the update. Arena is way more interesting, but I hate the streak timer. A streak timer makes no sense and puts a wet blanket over a great new system. I like the armor slots going up to 80, and the rewards for leveling up past 100 seem to be improved. Not to mention better damage leader rewards in the Epic Boss battles. I only hope the update hasn't decreased chances of fusing epics. I know almost all my guild that was trying were able to fuse at least one epic, except me. And if it is changed now I will be very disappointed.

I agree with you. The new arena system is interesting, and rewards are definitely better. But the win streak countdown will get old really fast. Players will either pay gems, or lose interest fairly quickly. How long can you really keep checking and playing every 8 - 9 mins?

In the old arena, I can consistently get to the 300's with no gems spent. Wonder how far I will get with the new system.

Harry.hill52
12-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I have to agree that I loved the new arena until recently when it reset all of my tournament points and my milestone rewards, the worst part is now when I battle people it doesn't save my points. The link is a picture of my points reset to 0 but i still have a win streak of 14.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GZccer6cFjtIK8yi51X9m86rUwW_THmCIgKUoyHp8K42bSWgKd 4ahcngUBjGw9k8uCku5QtM54kkBH-rPXfviZyDTRGVI27SZTKQfigt3Hu-dXWHob48HH0SMA

cafedecoy
12-08-2013, 04:50 AM
I meant more along the lines of there being an epic at the end of the arena rainbow each week. Some people may not do it because they already have it, and others who really want that particular one may really go for it. That may take some people who were going to spend for a war out of that 400k war total. It's just a thought.

I find it funny that the leaderboard is filked with people wearing maelstroms... I guess people just wanna win to just win ;)