PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on New Arena Update

imTectonic
12-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Not bad I actually like it except for a FEW disgusting things Gree added.

1. Laggy as ****
2. Your 'kill streak' has A TIMER so that means you MUST spend gems to keep it from expiring! Can you believe it?
3. More aimed towards gemmers now. Gree_d
4. Actually quite laggy from what I understand they updated a lot of the framework in all tabs, leaderboards, arena, guild etc and it really slows the frame rate
5. When you kill a monster the items shoot out farther and look a bit different... Did that really need an update..
6. Higher miss rate..? Not sure about this one
7. I do like the fact it say's the Guild your enemy is in. AKA stay away from: BT, RR, WAR, SNL , etc

Overall if would say its an improvement but seriously that expiration timer pisses me off it basically says 'spend gems to keep your hard earned kill streak alive'

knightsanddraggings
12-05-2013, 08:19 PM

1. Laggy as ****
2. Your 'kill streak' has A TIMER so that means you MUST spend gems
To keep it from expiring! Can you believe it?

Overall if would say its an improvement but seriously that expiration timer pisses me off it basically says 'spend gems to keep your hard earned kill streak alive'
Gems, fusion boosts, piles or rocfeathers, fusion stones, I disagree. I <3 this update GREE!!!!!!!!!!!

imTectonic
12-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Dont get me wrong its a good update but now its 100% pay to win instead of 85%
And frame rate reduced for iPhone 4S anyway

Oxilated
12-05-2013, 08:36 PM
i just find it difficult to understand why Ribbon H doesnt get a gem

EljayK
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
i just find it difficult to understand why Ribbon H doesnt get a gem

Yeah that was really weird. I stared at that for a while. The one before, and the one after, both get gems. Maybe that's the previous position most easily gotten without gemming? I know I always ended up between 200 and 500 without gems.

EDIT: I meant ribbon C, though you said H. I wasn't thinking right I guess. ribbon B gets 18 gems, Ribbon D gets 16. But Ribbon C gets nothing different except two fusion stones. hrm?

Miyabi
12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
17 mins regen to get 1 arena energy now.
Purely pay gems to refill now in arena if want higher rewards.
No more 8/8 double downs..

theRussian
12-05-2013, 09:46 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/50nrrm.png

I'm top 50 right now and plan on climbing Haha so many fusion boosts and gems better spent

toogoodformyowngood
12-05-2013, 10:49 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/50nrrm.png

I'm top 50 right now and plan on climbing Haha so many fusion boosts and gems better spent

Not bad, but I think you should stop unless you're planning to spend 500-1k++ gems to win black medal.

Oxilated
12-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Great, now i can refresh the list of people in the arena :D

so. more challenge means more gems
no challenge at all
the real challenge is where to get the money

Oryihn
12-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Let me just point out that you can swipe rewards instead of tapping and I got 5-7 epic boss energy every time I beat the boss with a special move. 7... 7.. I went up like 8 battles in 10 minutes on epic boss

Hakurou
12-05-2013, 11:53 PM
17 mins regen to get 1 arena energy now.
Purely pay gems to refill now in arena if want higher rewards.
No more 8/8 double downs..

More like 24 mins or am i mistaken?

Miyabi
12-05-2013, 11:58 PM
More like 24 mins or am i mistaken?

Maybe u are right, i think about 22minutes to regen 1 energy.
:( :( :(

AragonRay
12-06-2013, 01:06 AM
25 minutes la

Miyabi
12-06-2013, 01:12 AM
25 minutes la

Wah ok lah, longer n longer sia.. Lol

Shinae
12-06-2013, 03:04 AM
At least the new arena is worth doing now. I completely skip the old one, except the quests. New arena feels more like epic boss style orientated. Cool upgrade.

Win streak expiring is probably because of the key rewards, that would mean very easy golden keys without spending gems otherwise. All in all I'm satisfied they are trying to improve things.

Oxilated
12-06-2013, 03:59 AM
its 25 minutes to regen. i went from 83:30 mins to regen after 1 fight im like 108:30 minutes left to max

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 04:29 AM
25 min to regen. By the way, all regen times are synchronized to 25 now so its easier to keep track of. By this I mean epic boss energy regen, arena regen, and probably war energy regen.

More on the epic boss ...25 min to regen, but the boss is still awake for 2 hours when you trigger it. This means that lv 60 will be easier to beat because now you can collect up to 14 credits.... (5 knight + 3 knight combo? 4 knight + 4 knight combo?)

Also, one more nice touch: when you mine, you dont have to pecknon each item to pick them up. Swipe and done, easier on my thumbs

Finally... arena bronze medal just got harder to attain. Now you have to be top 10 as opposed to what was top 100.

Sarvice
12-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Gold price for leveling increased to 25k

EljayK
12-06-2013, 05:22 AM
25 min to regen. By the way, all regen times are synchronized to 25 now so its easier to keep track of. By this I mean epic boss energy regen, arena regen, and probably war energy regen.

More on the epic boss ...25 min to regen, but the boss is still awake for 2 hours when you trigger it. This means that lv 60 will be easier to beat because now you can collect up to 14 credits.... (5 knight + 3 knight combo? 4 knight + 4 knight combo?)

Also, one more nice touch: when you mine, you dont have to pecknon each item to pick them up. Swipe and done, easier on my thumbs

Finally... arena bronze medal just got harder to attain. Now you have to be top 10 as opposed to what was top 100.

I wouldn't bank too hard on Epic Boss energy staying the way it is. 25 minutes for each energy at 10 energy is 4 hours and 10 minutes for a full fill. That's a wonky number. I think it may have been a mistake that it was set that way and will be changed in an update.

I WANT to be wrong. But I don't think I am. I hope I am.

If I'm not, and it stays this way, we could be looking at Epic Boss power jump and re-vamping soon.

Sol Invictus
12-06-2013, 06:52 AM
I like the new rewards system, but we're getting too many fodder armors now. We either need a way to get rid of them that maintains the reward incentive (i.e, not charging us to get rid of them by fusing or enhancing), or a better way to organize them.

Instead of listing each individual armor in your Armory, it should just show one instance of that armor and show the quantity of armors you have, like:

http://i.minus.com/iiRLhzD2qVawX.jpg

EljayK
12-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Well you get 80 now. Also, I've been putting fodders into other fodders to make super fodders.

Seriously though, you do get a lot of fusion stones now, with the new EB weekly rewards, and the new arena rewards. So maybe all these 1* fodders can be upgraded to 3 stars, which can be upgraded through fusion to mono legendaries, which can be used to give you ANOTHER THREE STAR!! imagine the possibilities!!

gardibolt
12-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I love the many fodder armors best of all. It is great for leveling up armors. Keep it in!

US GanjaBoy
12-06-2013, 07:34 AM

1. Laggy as ****
2. Your 'kill streak' has A TIMER so that means you MUST spend gems to keep it from expiring! Can you believe it?
4. Actually quite laggy from what I understand they updated a lot of the framework in all tabs, leaderboards, arena, guild etc and it really slows the frame rate
5. When you kill a monster the items shoot out farther and look a bit different... Did that really need an update..
6. Higher miss rate..? Not sure about this one

Disagree completely bro, it's laggy not more than before (at least for me).
Win steak and arena system are gem based, surprise!!! Maybe you are still "new to it all".
5. Do you seriously care about this? lol...
Miss system is good, stop to be noob and ask for changing it.

EljayK
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
The items shoot into a pre decided arc. It makes it easier to swipe I believe. Since you swipe to collect now. At least from what i've noticed.

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Just as a thought exercise, im wondering if it is possible for a player to reach 20 streak wins without using gems. I came up with 16 max.... but is there a better scenario?

My scenario: taking advantage of the fact that the 10 minute streak countdown clock resets back to 10 min after each arena battle, consider a player who starts the arena at full 5 energy, and at a score near the milestone reward where 5 extra epic energy is due. Then you get:

5 energy to start
5 energy earned in mid streak due to mile stone reward
2 energy received after 6th win
4 energy generated becausw the player took his/her time in between battles (a maximum of 110 minutes is possible with good time management and creditd earned at proper time)

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I like the new rewards system, but we're getting too many fodder armors now. We either need a way to get rid of them that maintains the reward incentive (i.e, not charging us to get rid of them by fusing or enhancing), or a better way to organize them.

Instead of listing each individual armor in your Armory, it should just show one instance of that armor and show the quantity of armors you have, like:

Best idea ever

Synovia
12-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Between the timing thing (10 minute streak timer), and the lag, its a bit annoying. Just lost a 9 win streak because I came back at 9 minutes, the iPhone decided the game needed to fully load this time, and then when I got into the arena with 35 seconds left, it took so long to get the thing to respond and start the battle (I hit fight with almost 10 seconds left) that I lost the streak. Really annoying.

That being said, the idea is great. Its definitely more engaging than the previous arena, but if you're going to force people to time things, you need to have the game be responsive.

EljayK
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Just as a thought exercise, im wondering if it is possible for a player to reach 20 streak wins without using gems. I came up with 16 max.... but is there a better scenario?

My scenario: taking advantage of the fact that the 10 minute streak countdown clock resets back to 10 min after each arena battle, consider a player who starts the arena at full 5 energy, and at a score near the milestone reward where 5 extra epic energy is due. Then you get:

5 energy to start
5 energy earned in mid streak due to mile stone reward
2 energy received after 6th win
4 energy generated becausw the player took his/her time in between battles (a maximum of 110 minutes is possible with good time management and creditd earned at proper time)

Maybe if player starts with 7 energy because of daily gift?

Zyntree
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Maybe if player starts with 7 energy because of daily gift?

This would let you get to 18, and depending on how much time one took inbetween, maybe 19. I don't think you can make it to 20 tho.

Necromancers
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
It's nice that you know what guild someone is in. I'll never attack someone in Majestic, Death Knights, Forsaken, U 2 E Z, etc etc. :p

Sol Invictus
12-06-2013, 12:05 PM
OK. Yea.
Now this timer thing is starting to bug me.
Lost three streaks now because I got occupied doing something else.

If GREE could just patch this so that when it gets to :90 or :60 left, then the little bones in my ears vibrate and let me know that I need to come back and fight again, that would be wonderful.

Micro Destroy
12-06-2013, 12:40 PM
This new Arena is pretty fun. I've spent minimal gems on energy and cleaned house. So far, I've hit 4 20 win streaks and the "stuff" I've collected from milestone goals, streaks, keys, etc, has been awesome. Lots of fusion stone, lots of fusion boost armors from chest keys and tons (meaning more than I can currently fuse or combine due to not having enough gold :o ). I think the gem to reward ratio is pretty decent, but it hinges on the strength of your knights. I have some tough knights, so losses are far and few between.
This beats the old area by miles, even if you do have to cough up a few gems here and there. I suppose the novelty will wear off, but I'm content right now.

Bryanv2
12-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Oh man, this needs to be implemented. At least for scrolling sake, you can still keep the same armor max of course.

I haven't checked out the arena yet, but I'm excited to see the game getting some new updates :O

Daenerys
12-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Between the timing thing (10 minute streak timer), and the lag, its a bit annoying. Just lost a 9 win streak because I came back at 9 minutes, the iPhone decided the game needed to fully load this time, and then when I got into the arena with 35 seconds left, it took so long to get the thing to respond and start the battle (I hit fight with almost 10 seconds left) that I lost the streak. Really annoying.

That being said, the idea is great. Its definitely more engaging than the previous arena, but if you're going to force people to time things, you need to have the game be responsive.

I agree. I cut it a little too close. Logged back into the game, had to dismiss the "armor completed" and news notifications, then the fight lagged. Lost the streak.

firefly333
12-06-2013, 02:26 PM
OK. Yea.
Now this timer thing is starting to bug me.
Lost three streaks now because I got occupied doing something else.

If GREE could just patch this so that when it gets to :90 or :60 left, then the little bones in my ears vibrate and let me know that I need to come back and fight again, that would be wonderful.

lol I was working on something this morning and lost every streak this way too. So far Im in the 2000s and only lost one battle. That would be nice if gree would have a little buzzer go off about 2 minutes before the time winds down.

Gardoorf
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
I think its cool but not all of it is i dislike the fact its more geared for rich people who buy gems all the time. Things just got harder and we know the top 25 guilds are all gunning for epics in the arena. I do not like the timer it takes to refill your energy because the old timer was way better. I do like the point system now this way you can feel like your doing something in the arena to where the old way was dull waiting till end of the tournament to get anything. I just see this way pointless unless you pay to play. Just takes the fun out of the arena. There are pro's and con's to this system.

theRussian
12-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I think power attacks should provide a point boost. There's little incentive to use them if ibcan beat people with normal attacks. Top 50 arener

imTectonic
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Timer still pisses me off. I can beat just about anybody except 3x Max epic+ and still lose my killstreak because I didnt want to pay Gree_d to keep it

Kashra
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I also noticed the need to spend gems to get to the 20 wins, but I also noticed that there are gem rewards as you reach milestones, I assume you are meant to spend some of your winnings to get there.

imTectonic
12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Disagree completely bro, it's laggy not more than before (at least for me).
Win steak and arena system are gem based, surprise!!! Maybe you are still "new to it all".
5. Do you seriously care about this? lol...
Miss system is good, stop to be noob and ask for changing it.

Spek Englis I dun hav a Klue what yer sayin

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 05:48 PM
So I do have a bone to pick about the arena. Ever since the new arena, I have not lost a single fight. Yes, I have let the timer run out on streaks because I didnt always feel like buying extra energy... but I feel like our match ups are deliberately easy. It gets slightly tougher at high streak values, but they are still way too easy compared to how things were in the arena.

I just wonder if arena is becoming a lot less about armor arrangement strategy/your knight strength and more about mindless clicking and refills?

This observation is not just from me. I had someone in my guiod win two 20 streaks in a row, and he is only level 80 something.

knightsanddraggings
12-06-2013, 06:14 PM
First of all, English isn't his first language. Second of all, it wasn't bad.

AragonRay
12-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I think power attacks should provide a point boost. There's little incentive to use them if ibcan beat people with normal attacks. Top 50 arener

Thanks for recommending another way for arena to be even more gem-based. We REALLY needed that.

zman64
12-06-2013, 06:35 PM
I kinda like the new arena think it was a good update though the timer is a bit bogus.... Pretty good job gree

ZERO_07
12-06-2013, 07:00 PM
My points keep getting rollbacked to 0 for no reason....

Lou 1xxx
12-06-2013, 07:40 PM
So I do have a bone to pick about the arena. Ever since the new arena, I have not lost a single fight. Yes, I have let the timer run out on streaks because I didnt always feel like buying extra energy... but I feel like our match ups are deliberately easy. It gets slightly tougher at high streak values, but they are still way too easy compared to how things were in the arena.

I just wonder if arena is becoming a lot less about armor arrangement strategy/your knight strength and more about mindless clicking and refills?

This observation is not just from me. I had someone in my guiod win two 20 streaks in a row, and he is only level 80 something.

pay more to win more...

i give it 1 week to 2week, before it gets boring again.

theRussian
12-06-2013, 09:21 PM
The easiness is true. I've broken 6 steaks in a row. Its pathetically easy lol and I'm just barely over lvl50, ranked in the 40s and I'm still crushing people easily. Whatever though, fusion boosts for me.

Eunuchorn
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I like the new arena, but 5-man Arena teams with a group point Leaderboard would have been awesome.

As it stands, I don't expect to see another 30% off AE for awhile & getting less than 20 wins in a row seemed like an immense waste...

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s657/TehEunuchorn/556C0596-7205-416B-ADE9-965F337BE5F6_zpsek05idtg.png (http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/TehEunuchorn/media/556C0596-7205-416B-ADE9-965F337BE5F6_zpsek05idtg.png.html)

Now I just have to wait for a black medal reward I actually want.

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 11:38 PM
I want a maelstrom.... but I will settle for an abominable

busteroaf
12-07-2013, 01:12 AM
7. I do like the fact it say's the Guild your enemy is in. AKA stay away from: BT, RR, WAR, SNL , etc
'

Cute that you mention the guilds that already know you for a scammer, and others that you applied to after this last guild war with your bogus point screenshot and leeched epic.

Also: for anyone that has run into him on line, he's impersonating me with various names: Road RBJ, Buster GS, BusteRRoad RBJ (note the misspelling), Dream Buster, etc... and asking for V1.62 of KnD, and trying to sell a "chest glitch" that he "knows". Current GM of Gemspenders.

If you are contacted by anyone like this, it is a fake.

honeypot
12-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Does anyone notice alot of time who ever you are fighting only has to wait 2 attacks then they can super? not just that but who ever you challenge seems to have a 99% hit ratio while you missed 4-5 times a fight.

i love the new layout, can you possibly make it fair though instead of severely handicapping the attacker.

Shinae
12-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Yep lost few win streaks to misses. I should keep count about my miss rate vs opponent miss rate. Maybe it's not just feeling that I miss more often.

honeypot
12-07-2013, 04:35 AM
ok here is what i got from the next 5 battles,

battle 1: first character missed 4 times in a row, last character 2 misses (6 misses 1 battle)
(no misses for opponent)

battle 2: 2 misses total second toon (1 miss opponent )

battle 3: 4 misses last toon (0 misses opponent)

battle 4: 1 miss first toon (1 miss opponent)

battle 5: 3 misses second toon, 1 miss third toon (1 miss opponent)

total: 5 battles, 10 misses for me, 3 for opponent

fix this nonsense, it's worse than your casino chests. its blatant and in our faces.

Oxilated
12-07-2013, 07:27 AM
you guys are overacting, ive only gotten 5-10 misses in my 100 fights

imTectonic
12-07-2013, 11:41 AM
You guys are overreacting I only miss 50% of the time

Oxilated
12-07-2013, 11:01 PM
The streak rewards are + versions
Confirmed

i have a + version of glacier. got it on arena rewards
have 3 non+ version of crius before my 9th win
got a crius on my 9th win
now i have 3 non+ crius and 1 + crius.

Dianish
12-07-2013, 11:59 PM
It would be great if it wasnt for the fact that its for gemspenders.

Great rewards and a great reward system. Also high chances of getting keys has been needed for a a long time. I have gained almost 400 keys in 5-6 weeks. Over 120 enhancted keys and 210 silver keys ect. The new update is a great way of getting more keys and it should not be needed to spend gems - This is something that has to be changed.

Musketeer
12-08-2013, 07:03 AM
As a free player I'm getting a lot more fusion material from the new arena than the old, and that can only be good. The longer recharge on energy also suits me, as I couldn't log in every 75 minutes to use my arena energy anyway. I used to get into the top 1500, but in recent weeks have not had the time or inclination, and am more a top 10,000 player.

Free or paying, the vast majority of players will be getting vastly more fusion material. The arena was always about providing fusion material, so I much prefer the new system. I feel more like I'm competing with myself to hit a target now.

I'm not seeing any lag or other issues that are being reported, it's all working fine for me.

cafedecoy
12-08-2013, 07:37 AM
It would be great if it wasnt for the fact that its for gemspenders.

Funny. That comment seems to apply on any of the following categories:
Arena leader board
Epic Boss leader board
Guild War leader board

Maybe I'm not getting something? LOL

shush
12-08-2013, 07:42 AM
I like the new Arena, just the new streak timer is BS.

Take it out and its good.

Its still a wallet comparison, like the guild wars, and not a real competition, what i have hoped for.

But its better than the old Arena.

Jman
12-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I like the new rewards and set up but it seems to be rigged to help low level people. I'm over level 100 and the people I am forced to face always have 10-15k+ points while I am around 5k. A friend of mine is lower level (60/70 can't remember) and he faces people with fewer than 2k points and weak knights when he has 10k points. I think the matchup system should be revised so it is more fair and you are not punished for leveling up, although I realize this is how every other gree game is. Also I don't really like the timer that forces you to spend. I think they should implement a timer like they have in dragon realms. You have 10 minutes to win three fights, then it pauses until you attack again at which point you have to win another three fights, etc.

dragonx254
12-08-2013, 09:28 AM
It's not geared towards low level people.

I'm level 110 and I see many Rank 50,000s or Unrankeds in my choosings.

There's usually 1-2 Rank 1000s or something, but if I just face the lower ranks, they get replaced anyway.

The highest I was ever forced to fight was a rank 8000

toogoodformyowngood
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM
It's not geared towards low level people.

I'm level 110 and I see many Rank 50,000s or Unrankeds in my choosings.

There's usually 1-2 Rank 1000s or something, but if I just face the lower ranks, they get replaced anyway.

The highest I was ever forced to fight was a rank 8000

i've faced rank no.2 before. and top 100. i think if your rank is higher you face more "difficult" opponents.

Lonestar Light
12-08-2013, 06:12 PM
My opinion on the new and "improved" arena?
I loved it for about 2 hours then it got annoying pretty fast.
Arena was what kept me coming to the game about 2-3 times/hour now I hardly check it and here's why.
1. the streak timer less than 50% of energy timer makes no sense.
2. the old arena was geared towards rewarding actual activity now it rewards people with no life.
3. the server is not stable nor responsive enough to work along such a short timer. Too many a time a user loose a streak because the server can't connect.
4. who tought having just 5 opponents to choose from was a good idea?
5. where's the revenge battles? I always had plenty before the update, haven't see any yet with new arena
6. the game itself is noticeably slower while in the arena
7. the miss rate is badly ****ed up. And too unbalanced. And it seems that the weaker my opponent is the more I miss him (if anything it should be the other way around). While my opponent hardly miss
8. with the old arena putting together a 20 win streak was as easy as making a sandwich, now I can hardly get the 6th win because after the 2th win I always get opponents with at least 2 epics or I miss at least 3 hit/battle
9. the new scoring system penalize users like me that enjoy helping out others. I use my friend code as name and have a freindlist 90% full of users below 60 because I actually enjoy helping them out. In return I had a daily friend battle worth 40% of an actual arena battle and 15 coins. Now I get 20% with no bonuses and no coins... why should I still help new users if I don't get anything back? I should look only for high end players to benefit me.
10. the bonuses for streaks. You get a ** for 12 wins and keys for a chest where you have a slim chance of getting a ** for every tier after it? I don't get it.
11. the ranking system is borked as it shows me in positions that aren't even close to my real position.
example it listed me as being #1500 while my point total would have put me in the 2800-2850 range.
After another fight it listed me at 1450 and a fight later at 1550. Nether of those 3 was close to correct.
12. since mid-october I played just this game and after these changes I found myself coming to it less and less and actually looked for other options.

The new changes are aesthetically pleasing, they give great prizes, maybe even too generous, some of the new mechanics are interesting but the challenge is not there anymore.

shush
12-09-2013, 11:39 AM
They could have made target picking much more interesting:

Just let us pick targets 10 places above us and 10 below us.
Taking targets above you net more exp, below less.

So you could work your way up the ladder.

It would make the power attack interesting too, you need to decide tactical if you want to get more exp by attack a guy 10 places above you, maybe with an power attack or if you better battle 3 times guys that are placed below you.

Instead we have some pseudo evaluation of our knights to put us against "equal" opponents.

Oh and the streak timer needs to go. That thing is really a big frustration for me, and what i read here and what I know from my guild, also for others.

How do you want to motivate me to buy gems if there is no real competition in this game beside gemming?

imTectonic
12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
I just hate the timer. So you HAVE to spend gems.

Hi GREE_d

US GanjaBoy
12-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Nah english is so common and boring! ingliz is better,easier!

Now think about stopping to be a line impostor instead of my english and grow up kid

imTectonic
12-09-2013, 03:44 PM
I am 12 doe

Oxilated
12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
the bears can smell the menstration
Caffeine can shrink a woman's breast

Synovia
12-10-2013, 05:36 AM
I like the new rewards and set up but it seems to be rigged to help low level people. I'm over level 100 and the people I am forced to face always have 10-15k+ points while I am around 5k. A friend of mine is lower level (60/70 can't remember) and he faces people with fewer than 2k points and weak knights when he has 10k points. I think the matchup system should be revised so it is more fair and you are not punished for leveling up, although I realize this is how every other gree game is. Also I don't really like the timer that forces you to spend. I think they should implement a timer like they have in dragon realms. You have 10 minutes to win three fights, then it pauses until you attack again at which point you have to win another three fights, etc.

Most likely it works the same way as the old arena - you face people around you modified by how often you win. If the last time you lost was 50 fights ago, and you're ranked 5000, you'll face people in the rank 1000 range. If you've lost your last 50 fights, you'll face people in the rank 50000 range.

Dianish
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Caffeine can shrink a woman's breast

In the light you will only find darkness.

whitedevil
12-11-2013, 01:55 AM
They could have made target picking much more interesting:

Just let us pick targets 10 places above us and 10 below us.
Taking targets above you net more exp, below less.

So you could work your way up the ladder.

It would make the power attack interesting too, you need to decide tactical if you want to get more exp by attack a guy 10 places above you, maybe with an power attack or if you better battle 3 times guys that are placed below you.

Instead we have some pseudo evaluation of our knights to put us against "equal" opponents.

Oh and the streak timer needs to go. That thing is really a big frustration for me, and what i read here and what I know from my guild, also for others.

How do you want to motivate me to buy gems if there is no real competition in this game beside gemming?

not a bad idea

whitedevil
12-11-2013, 02:27 AM
the arena ranks are more for gem spenders thats true but thats how they make there money so can't blame them tho

teratogen
12-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I continually get my ass handed to me because I always face people rank 10,000 and below when I am rank 40,000.

Ike808
12-18-2013, 12:19 PM
This would let you get to 18, and depending on how much time one took inbetween, maybe 19. I don't think you can make it to 20 tho.

I think it would be possible to get to 20 under the perfect scenario. You'd have to plan it just right, be playing around midnight, and get lucky with a daily gift of 2 energy during your game play.

@ Timer=00:00, 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=09:30, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=19:00, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=28:30, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=38:00, 5th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=47:30, 6th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, but jumps back to 2)
@ Timer=57:00, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2; Time this to happen around midnight so energy jumps back to 4 if lucky)
@ Timer=66:30, 8th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=76:00, 9th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=85:30, 10th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=95:00, 11th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=104:30, 12th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=114:00, 13th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, time your points to earn a milestone exactly here so energy jumps back to 5)
@ Timer=123:30, 14th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=133:00, 15th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=142:30, 16th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=152:00, 17th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3, and you have enough energy to complete 20 attacks)

Best I've done without daily bonus, and taking advantage of the fact that the streak timer doesn't start until you finish your first victory:

@ Timer=00:00, Begin 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4) Exit game shortly into 1st attack.
@ Timer=16:00 or later, Return to game and finish 1st attack, Energy bumped back to 5 at T=25:00
@ Timer=25:00, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=34:30, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=44:00, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=53:30, 5th attack (Energy again drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=63:00, 6th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1, but jumps back to 3)
@ Timer=72:30, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=82:00, 8th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=91:30, 9th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=101:00, 10th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=110:30, 11th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, timed this to align with nearly achieving 44,000 point milestone then get the rest of the way there with friends for 5 more energy)
@ Timer=111:00, 12th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=120:30, 13th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=130:00, 14th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=139:30, 15th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=149:00, 16th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=158:30, 17th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=159:00, 18th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, 2 Keys Reward Achieved)

Was a real pain to have to keep checking for over 2.5 hrs, and I'm not sure yet whether I want to try the theoretical path to 20 wins unless I could be sure of what day I'd be getting the daily gift energy. Anyone want to try?

EljayK
12-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Was a real pain to have to keep checking for over 2.5 hrs, and I'm not sure yet whether I want to try the theoretical path to 20 wins unless I could be sure of what day I'd be getting the daily gift energy. Anyone want to try?

For what it's worth, the 2 energy is always third day of daily gift.

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming...

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming..........

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming.

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming!

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming :)

IRON PATRIOT RK
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming:D

Dianish
12-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Hello all trying to become a member forgive my spamming.

Spamming will never be forgiven - No matter whats the cuase is.

You have been reported, sir.

Sarah 101
12-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Why you want to be Senior member?
they don't give you reward of anything like that just to let you know ^_^

Oxilated
12-22-2013, 11:31 PM

how about instead of spamming, you post your friendcode on the friend code pages.
post your guild on the guild code pages
contribute to the forum. like say something in the guide. "cool, this is helpful"
pretend you opened the chest and say you got this and that
you can think of ways, spamming is just unforgivable childish act
Reported

Theodorus
12-24-2013, 04:14 AM
I think it would be possible to get to 20 under the perfect scenario. You'd have to plan it just right, be playing around midnight, and get lucky with a daily gift of 2 energy during your game play.

@ Timer=00:00, 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=09:30, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=19:00, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=28:30, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=38:00, 5th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=47:30, 6th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, but jumps back to 2)
@ Timer=57:00, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2; Time this to happen around midnight so energy jumps back to 4 if lucky)
@ Timer=66:30, 8th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=76:00, 9th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=85:30, 10th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=95:00, 11th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=104:30, 12th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=114:00, 13th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, time your points to earn a milestone exactly here so energy jumps back to 5)
@ Timer=123:30, 14th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=133:00, 15th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=142:30, 16th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=152:00, 17th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3, and you have enough energy to complete 20 attacks)

Best I've done without daily bonus, and taking advantage of the fact that the streak timer doesn't start until you finish your first victory:

@ Timer=00:00, Begin 1st attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4) Exit game shortly into 1st attack.
@ Timer=16:00 or later, Return to game and finish 1st attack, Energy bumped back to 5 at T=25:00
@ Timer=25:00, 2nd attack (Energy again drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=34:30, 3rd attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=44:00, 4th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=53:30, 5th attack (Energy again drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=63:00, 6th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1, but jumps back to 3)
@ Timer=72:30, 7th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=82:00, 8th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=91:30, 9th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=101:00, 10th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=110:30, 11th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, timed this to align with nearly achieving 44,000 point milestone then get the rest of the way there with friends for 5 more energy)
@ Timer=111:00, 12th attack (Energy drops from 5 to 4)
@ Timer=120:30, 13th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=130:00, 14th attack (Energy drops from 4 to 3)
@ Timer=139:30, 15th attack (Energy drops from 3 to 2)
@ Timer=149:00, 16th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=158:30, 17th attack (Energy drops from 2 to 1)
@ Timer=159:00, 18th attack (Energy drops from 1 to 0, 2 Keys Reward Achieved)

This is interesting. Maybe I would try it during the weekends when I don't have to fight the real world to earn a living. It's really tedious just to get to 20. Need to cross my fingers that I win every time!