PDA

View Full Version : New DPC offer

theRussian
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
800 gems for 50 DPC, 20 air fusion boosts and a natus+

I'd recommend not wasting your gems. Sure the boosts aren't too bad but you'll get 50 feeders and a junk legendary.

MoD DeathShadow
12-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I agree. Its at least good to see them making some sort of effort to make dpc little better.

firefly333
12-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Recommend WAITING until new epic boss starts in a few hours. I got the nemesis for this week :( ...im sad (I did use keys, but still ....)

nemesis, royal flame, torchflame, spectral capt, lightening lord, steam wizard, flowstone, glacier, steam, earth boost, glacier, air boost X5 bonus

EljayK
12-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Here's the thing...it's a "new and improved" chest.

What they should have done was remove all the useless pieces that make obsolete armors. Let's be honest, is anyone going to make a dragon tamer's anymore? Or a steam-punk-robot-thing? Remove those, replace with something else. That would be new.

I've realized that my main concern with changes that are needed are based on only raising the top end. There is a nearly obsessive habit of only working on epics. Just because epics were created, didn't mean they should have stopped inventing legendaries. The middle ground still exists. Weekly EB is fine, but it only works as a litmus for the current power creep. There should still be new product being produced across all tiers of play. By letting the DPC become obsolete as a whole, they have removed the f2p bracket from certain levels of play. It's a step in the right direction that epics are becoming fusable regularly to sort of "compensate" for this aspect, but that does nothing to reduce the general stagnation that a large player base feels.

Honestly, it all seems like common sense. You look at the DPC and think, "Why is that still there? That gear isn't half as good as the other legendaries in the chest, and I have to collect HOW MANY pieces to make it?"
At what point does a developer look at their own mechanics and think, "Oh wow..that's dumb..that shouldn't be like that anymore at all."

theRussian
12-04-2013, 01:45 PM
As you said, legendary wise you go epic boss+ or try fusing things like combustion.

Sarah 101
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Wow flash sale in bedtime :) bravo gree another failed ..goodnight

Hildigam
12-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Unless you have 11 keys saved up... Then it reads "blah blah blah blah... Fusion boost Armors". I click that aaaaallll day

busteroaf
12-04-2013, 03:07 PM
It says 4x chance for ULTRA RARE and LEGENDARY rewards. They never said anything about EPIC. It's just a marketing stunt. People get all excited when they see the 4x thing. Basically they're saying it's 4x less chance for getting EPIC armors.

Real clever Gree, real clever. Gree is devious man.

You clearly don't know your math. Let me explain why 4x chance for Ultra Rare and Legendary doesn't mean 4x less for Epics.

Answer: Epics aren't even in the DPC to begin with. But, you keep trying buddy, maybe you'll get lucky and pull one.

Zyntree
12-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I actually like the deal. it's the best open 11 and get xxx they have had yet. I save my keys up for events like this. I mean it's not as much as one could have hoped for, but still better than they have been. 5 boosts for 11 keys sounds good to me.

Amesbhe
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Definitely no worth it. Never pay much attention to DPC events. Only really pay attention to Limited Edition Chests. DPCs don't really have prizes I feel are worth the gems....

firefly333
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I actually like the deal. it's the best open 11 and get xxx they have had yet. I save my keys up for events like this. I mean it's not as much as one could have hoped for, but still better than they have been. 5 boosts for 11 keys sounds good to me.

The last 11 chest deal only got 3 boosts. This one 5 ...they improved the prize to me. Almost doubled the boosts.

No matter what they offered I think people would complain. And at least I got one extra earth boost, so I got 6 all together.

busteroaf
12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
No matter what they offered I think people would complain.

True story.

Noirlust
12-04-2013, 08:49 PM
The chest is for the big spenders left with gems after the war to help level there new epics from chests or war rewards
(yes it doesnt match elements) but its a cheap and quick way to max your ****

theRussian
12-04-2013, 09:48 PM
The chest is for the big spenders left with gems after the war to help level there new epics from chests or war rewards
(yes it doesnt match elements) but its a cheap and quick way to max your ****
Eh I'll wait for epic chests. Better deal if I can pull another epic lol I have six currently but five of them are maelstrom -.-

AragonRay
12-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Thing is, if you spend gems on dpc, it really is never worth it anymore, not even for noobs (just wait for chests with epics la!)

But for those who save up keys from getting lv60 epic boss, so good!

Forest God
12-04-2013, 11:24 PM
You clearly don't know your math. Let me explain why 4x chance for Ultra Rare and Legendary doesn't mean 4x less for Epics.

Answer: Epics aren't even in the DPC to begin with. But, you keep trying buddy, maybe you'll get lucky and pull one.

We haven't all been playing for months n some of us don't buy chests so we don't know so much about them. Factor that in before you decide to be randomly rude "buddy". Btw the math thing was lame.

So forgive my ignorance guys, I've only been playing on and off for a few weeks.

But if there's no chance of epics in dpc then what's the point of opening them at all? Nemesis is useful for the boss but afterwards no point. Also, none of the legendaries in the chest even compare to epics. (Bkal + is cool tho)

Hakurou
12-04-2013, 11:34 PM
But if there's no chance of epics in dpc then what's the point of opening them at all? Nemesis is useful for the boss but afterwards no point. Also, none of the legendaries in the chest even compare to epics. (Bkal + is cool tho)

Only one reason. being able to put the dpc you get from beating the epic boss to lvl60 to some use. you get free armors to lvl stuff and fusion fodder (if youre lucky) and on top you get free fusion boosts...no complaining from me. But as op said i would strongly advice against using gems to open dpc...just not worth it.

Forest God
12-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Oh I see. If the keys are free then it's cool but it'd be a real waste to spend money on them.

I've only just reached lvl 43 of the last boss so I'm still a long way off from 60.

LiaWright
12-05-2013, 01:24 AM
I'll wait for epic chests. I actually like the deal.

busteroaf
12-05-2013, 01:35 AM
See, someone knows how to reply nicely

Oh I see. If the keys are free then it's cool but it'd be a real waste to spend money on them.

I've only just reached lvl 43 of the last boss so I'm still a long way off from 60.

A) If you've only been playing for a short while, before you give away your hard earned/bought gems, you should do the research. That is what these forums are for. You're here, learning. Good job.

B) Once you get acclimated to the forums, you'll start to learn that its not all holding hands and singing campfire songs. I'm not the only one who will be rude. Brace yourself.

C) I'm a **** sometimes. I've got little patience for people lately.

Basically... before you go getting all "Attention everyone... I have a big announcement!" Make sure you know what you're talking about first. I'm sure I'm not the only person that read your post and though to themselves "idiot, DPC doesn't have epics" but I guess I'm the only one who brought it to your attention. Sorry I didn't do it in a nicer way, but you seemed really sure that Epics were in the chest. How am I supposed to know you are new? Will you forgive me?

Forest God
12-05-2013, 05:49 AM
A) If you've only been playing for a short while, before you give away your hard earned/bought gems, you should do the research. That is what these forums are for. You're here, learning. Good job.

B) Once you get acclimated to the forums, you'll start to learn that its not all holding hands and singing campfire songs. I'm not the only one who will be rude. Brace yourself.

C) I'm a **** sometimes. I've got little patience for people lately.

Basically... before you go getting all "Attention everyone... I have a big announcement!" Make sure you know what you're talking about first. I'm sure I'm not the only person that read your post and though to themselves "idiot, DPC doesn't have epics" but I guess I'm the only one who brought it to your attention. Sorry I didn't do it in a nicer way, but you seemed really sure that Epics were in the chest. How am I supposed to know you are new? Will you forgive me?

First off, I never buy dpcs. But excuse me for thinking to help ppl not make a bad choice. Even if I was a little misinformed.

I said I was new to the game not the internet. Alot of ppl are d**ks, thats common knowledge. Nothing u or any1 else says could make me care any less. However, I do appreciate ppl who have some common decency.

If you really have no patience with ppl then you shouldn't be infecting the world with your bad attitude. Calm down, remember your manners and then come back to have a civilised discussion. Just cause other people are rude, doesn't give you an excuse to be too.

theRussian
12-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Go cry in the corner elsewhere you two. Noone wants pixel drama. -.-

Forest God
12-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Go cry in the corner elsewhere you two. Noone wants pixel drama. -.-

Km I'm done. This is not worth arguing about anyways.

EljayK
12-05-2013, 08:16 AM
11 posts arguing with 700 posts.

Don't spread bad information into the world. A cheery attitude doesn't fix problems. Facts fix problems. A nice demeanor doesn't stop people from making bad decisions. Facts stop people from making bad decisions. Buster is right. Know what you're talking about before you tell people "facts," and you won't have to deal with people like Buster on their bad day.

dragonx254
12-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Don't spread bad information into the world. A cheery attitude doesn't fix problems. Facts fix problems. A nice demeanor doesn't stop people from making bad decisions. Facts stop people from making bad decisions. Buster is right. Know what you're talking about before you tell people "facts," and you won't have to deal with people like Buster on their period.

Fixed that for ya.

Zyntree
12-05-2013, 10:33 AM
lol. yay for pixel drama

NR Gnomig
12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I didn't even see the original post talking about a higher chance for epics in this chest...but maybe im just slow.
:)

busteroaf
12-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I didn't even see the original post talking about a higher chance for epics in this chest...but maybe im just slow.
:)

6th post. That is the one that mentions epics.

Sarah 101
12-05-2013, 11:46 AM
@forest god
iOS or android ?

theRussian
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
DPC don't contain epics *facepalm*

imTectonic
12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Here's the thing...it's a "new and improved" chest.

What they should have done was remove all the useless pieces that make obsolete armors. Let's be honest, is anyone going to make a dragon tamer's anymore? Or a steam-punk-robot-thing? Remove those, replace with something else. That would be new.

I've realized that my main concern with changes that are needed are based on only raising the top end. There is a nearly obsessive habit of only working on epics. Just because epics were created, didn't mean they should have stopped inventing legendaries. The middle ground still exists. Weekly EB is fine, but it only works as a litmus for the current power creep. There should still be new product being produced across all tiers of play. By letting the DPC become obsolete as a whole, they have removed the f2p bracket from certain levels of play. It's a step in the right direction that epics are becoming fusable regularly to sort of "compensate" for this aspect, but that does nothing to reduce the general stagnation that a large player base feels.

Honestly, it all seems like common sense. You look at the DPC and think, "Why is that still there? That gear isn't half as good as the other legendaries in the chest, and I have to collect HOW MANY pieces to make it?"
At what point does a developer look at their own mechanics and think, "Oh wow..that's dumb..that shouldn't be like that anymore at all."

1. Yes steam punk is obselete
2. Gree looks at the game and says 'how do we make more profit today. Only."

Lou 1xxx
12-05-2013, 11:21 PM
by giving a Flash Sale for 1 hour only. 20% off from gems.

Forest God
12-06-2013, 02:54 AM

Don't spread bad information into the world. A cheery attitude doesn't fix problems. Facts fix problems. A nice demeanor doesn't stop people from making bad decisions. Facts stop people from making bad decisions. Buster is right. Know what you're talking about before you tell people "facts," and you won't have to deal with people like Buster on their bad day.

I already said I was misinformed.. I lold at the facts fix problems thing though cause bad attitudes are what create problems in the first place. I concede that my first post was mistaken but I would've appreciated it if this was pointed out to me in a well mannered fashion.

@dragonx254 I laughed my ass off when I read that! XD

@Sarah 101 I'm on Android. Why do you ask?

Forest God
12-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Gree looks at the game and says 'how do we make more profit today. Only."

True that. Gree will obviously favor the people who pay for gems and such but that's no reason to stop coming out with f2p content. They keep making new epics nearly every month or so and the few they make fusible are going to become obsolete soon. The EB armors are getting more powerful with every new release but it's impossible to level each one fully before it's replaced by the next.

Also the DPC needs to be updated regularly. Dragon tamers n even white kal are useless now.

Necromancers
12-06-2013, 08:46 AM
It's great for lower levels. I opened two DPC on my iOS noob account and I got Storm Sorceror and Snowman Nemesis. Definitely a great help.

shimronfio
12-06-2013, 11:26 PM
is there a bug in those chests? I got 58 dpc keys so far and I can't open more then 11 at once.

cafedecoy
12-06-2013, 11:40 PM
is there a bug in those chests? I got 58 dpc keys so far and I can't open more then 11 at once.

You get a better fb to keys ratio that way anyway... were you looking forward to notus+ ?

shimronfio
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
No, but I hope when next chest event will be I could get that 50 special.