PDA

View Full Version : How About A Very Radical Solution For The Stats Outbreak?

noamlin
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF U R A LOW LEVEL PLAYER THAT NEVER SPENT A DOLLAR ON THE GAME

Hi guys.

i have been playing CC for almost a year now, and even tho it's such a simple game (u basically tap, tap tap, tap tap tap) it got me hooked because i always strived getting better - better hood, better items, better mods etc..

for the past two months gree has gone mad. 10k+ items are handed out like it's free (it is free!).
the game had a purpose:
the more money u have - the better items u can buy.
the more RP u have - even better and rarer items to buy.

today we have no need for RP nor cash (the most basic currency of the game!).
i can't find a reason to keep and upgrade my hood.
buying item's from the store is a joke.
no reason to attack or rob other ppl, it gives u nothing.

when there is an event - i might reach 10/20 or maybe 16/20 at the ltq but at the end of the day everybody is growing insanely fast! at unproportional rate!
i used to have 50k attack, and now i have 800k. while rivals i remember who were at my level with 50k.... also have 800k today.
there is no strategy anymore.
no "the more u play the faster u progress".
no more "the bigger ur hood and iph the better u r".

i have reached a point were i'm seriously thinking about quitting the game completely. and it's not because i reached every goal and got exhausted from the game.
it is because playing the game is pointless!
level 50 can have 1,000,000 stats! - they don't need the store, not a hood and nothing - they have "finished" the game within a week.

i remember the days i thought the when i'll have the biggest hood i will buy tons of Rocket Launchers and many Doomsday Frags. the days where u farm a building for it's prized weapon (which gives 10 atk/def lol)!
if anyone was to buy a weapon with gold he was unbeatable. today, spending real cash (!) on items is just money down the drain...
with 500 mafia (total of 2000 weapons(?)) i would say my weakest weapon is 300+ attack - ten times stringer than any weapon u can with cash.

i understand gree is a company with employees and they need to make money. but this is ridiculous.
look at other games - like HoN or DotA - spending real cash doesn't make u the best player out there. it is not about whoever spends the most $ will win.
there are many ways to make money beside forcing customers (us) to outspend more money than our in-game opponents.
changing name, buying avatars and even speeding up constructions - are a legitimate things that should cost real $ - and buying them will not destroy the entire game's stats system.

SO... before i'll take any extreme decision (like quitting) i decided to ask an extreme question:
What do you say about items reset?! (<- my vote)
maybe even total items and hoods reset?
maybe complete game reset (everyone starts fresh, a new game at level 1)?

taking away all of the items and completely clearing everyone's stock.
ppl will have to build their atk/def again - but this time normally! events will not hand out serious items. finishing a ltq shouldn't give us a prize greater than 80atk/80def (for example).

my vote is for the first thing i suggested - clearing everyone's items stock, but leaving our hoods and mods - because some of us still played 1+ years and do not want it all to go to waste.

redinator
12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
You made a lot of good points. I voted choice 2 (items reset). Hoods are not the problem it's the stat inflation.

travisman1
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
if you reset everything. Everyone will complain more than they are now. You cant win with players of gree games. Seems everyone who plays this game that is a free player doesnt care but all gold players on fourms are always mad about something. Also fourm players are a minority there are way more people that play the game that are not on the fourms.

ImWoey
12-04-2013, 12:03 PM
What I would really like to see is a complete number crunch.

This isnt a fix at all, rather just a nice thing to have, basically just reduce all stats on everything, such as dividing all numbers in the game by 10 basically, then instead of 1m stats, you would have 100k but everything else would be in proportion.

It in no way fixes inflation, just gets rid of stupid numbers (instead of 70k attack top prizes, getting 7k top prizes) if you get my meaning :)?

Or obviously if you want the proper olden days reduce everything even further, so instead of 70k Prize, getting a 200 top prize or something, and reduce all other numbers in co-ordination with this (apart from money, iph and respect obviously)

Fredfreddy
12-04-2013, 12:11 PM
If I'm Gree I stay the course, continue with stat inflation, but of course fix the bugs. Stat inflation allows new people to start playing, any other approach ostracizes new players. Resetting anything would cause the biggest iTunes/Google play refund movement in mobile gaming history.

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Dude, not trying to be a ****, but you're ideas are terrible. Any reset takes away things that people have invested much time and money into obtaining.

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I spend money to finish and ltq to get a prize and gain an advantage over others, and you want to just take it away?

mb402n
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
If I'm Gree I stay the course, continue with stat inflation, but of course fix the bugs. Stat inflation allows new people to start playing, any other approach ostracizes new players. Resetting anything would cause the biggest iTunes/Google play refund movement in mobile gaming history.

All they would have to do is announce it far in advance and that would shoot down any refund requests pretty easy.

Paljon Rahaa
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
GREE is to stats what Zimbabwe is to currency.

There is no good solution to hyperinflation, and I doubt GREE cares. They're trying to squeeze every last ounce of gold out of the game before flushing it completely.

Paljon Rahaa
12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
All they would have to do is announce it far in advance and that would shoot down any refund requests pretty easy.

GREE doesn't give refunds, even for when they're blatantly in the wrong (you're lucky if you can even get a refund in gold-- they do those, but only in certain circumstances). The problem GREE is having is so many people contacting iTunes and Google Play for refunds, as both of them are granting them in large numbers. Google Play actually refuses to allow certain users from purchasing gold now (considered a "high risk transaction") and iTunes has basically said, no more refunds for this developer-- spend at your own risk (meaning: expect to get screwed again). And if you're still buying gold after getting a refund, then honestly you deserve to be screwed again. Watch as half your raid items disappear again, allegedly "at random."

noamlin
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Dude, not trying to be a ****, but you're ideas are terrible. Any reset takes away things that people have invested much time and money into obtaining.
u r wrong!
with todays stats (and items) outbreak - people that played for less than a month already reached 1 million attack and defense!

i hear u about the part where u spent real money in order to finish ltqs and obtain the items.
i spent some money too - but i'm willing to give it up because the game is not fun anymore (and not challenging).

ImWoey raised a good suggestion - how about dividing all items? but dividing by 1000!
i want to bring the store back to its original purpose - being a store that u buy stuff from.
my best item now is 70k attack - nothing in the store comes even close to it. so if this item will be reduced to 70 attack - the cash and store will have a meaning again.

SollyLlama
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
This is a terrible idea.

The game is what it is for everyone who plays it.

If you aren't enjoying it, there are other diversions.

Max Power
12-04-2013, 01:00 PM
There is absolutely no way they can advertise stats, have people spend real money to get those stats, and then pull them away. The fraud exposure would be insane. Adjusting stat values is a solution completely void of reality.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:07 PM
This is a terrible idea.
The game is what it is for everyone who plays it.
the game isn't what it used to be. and certainly isn't what i paid for.
two months ago the game was challenging and i spent a few bucks here and there for those final ltqs.
today the game is ridiculous - all the money we have spent is worthless.
i spent some money in order to get to 200k stats - and now within a month i quadrupled my stats for free :mad:

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
u r wrong!
with todays stats (and items) outbreak - people that played for less than a month already reached 1 million attack and defense!

i hear u about the part where u spent real money in order to finish ltqs and obtain the items.
i spent some money too - but i'm willing to give it up because the game is not fun anymore (and not challenging).

ImWoey raised a good suggestion - how about dividing all items? but dividing by 1000!
i want to bring the store back to its original purpose - being a store that u buy stuff from.
my best item now is 70k attack - nothing in the store comes even close to it. so if this item will be reduced to 70 attack - the cash and store will have a meaning again.

Max power makes a good point, you can't pull away stats.....but if its having decent items at the store that is your concern, then they need to put better items in the store. I realize that increases as opposed to decreases stat inflation, but it is probably the best option. Items at the store need to reflect the stat inflation of the game.

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
two months ago the game was challenging and i spent a few bucks here and there for those final ltqs.
i spent some money in order to get to 200k stats - and now within a month i quadrupled my stats for free :mad:

Stats of new players ARE ridiculous, but stats of older players are going up at the same ridiculous rate.....you should still be ahead

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I realize that increases as opposed to decreases stat inflation, but it is probably the best option. Items at the store need to reflect the stat inflation of the game.
this is a really good idea!

only problem is that it might be too late for this solution - there are already low levels with 1-2mil stats, and they have gained such an advantage over others with the same level, that i think that incrreasing store stats wouldn't fix it.

sister morphine
12-04-2013, 01:13 PM
It's not the stats which are the main problem so much as the modifiers many high stat prizes have attached, plus those for 1st, 2nd and (less so) 3rd place in wars. Rack up those 20% boost here, 20% boost there, 5% overall etc and it just gets insane.

Nick010
12-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Why won't just start a new account and get a lift of the inflation? The game change so take that in to your strategy. About the reset, how about a No.

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:16 PM

only problem is that it might be too late for this solution - there are already low levels with 1-2mil stats, and they have gained such an advantage over others with the same level, that i think that incrreasing store stats wouldn't fix it.

It will fix it, because while stat inflation is out of hand, it still takes a long time to grow iph. Older players have much higher iph and much more money to spend on weapons.....if there were decent weapons to buy.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:17 PM
It's not the stats which are the main problem so much as the modifiers many high stat prizes have attached, plus those for 1st, 2nd and (less so) 3rd place in wars. Rack up those 20% boost here, 20% boost there, 5% overall etc and it just gets insane.
i would say that the ppl who earned this "insane" mods are ppl who play for a very long time and spent alot of money and they deserve it.
but ppl with crazy items did not play a long time (for these items) and did not have to spend real money for em - so they don't deserve em (including me and u. lol)

It will fix it, because while stat inflation is out of hand, it still takes a long time to grow iph. Older players have much higher iph and much more money to spend on weapons.....if there were decent weapons to buy.
let's forget about the war (that occurs once or twice a month) and focus on the every day game:
if i'm level 50 with 100k and someone else is level 50 with 900k - we will both grow at the same rate, and our iph also. - so increasing the store items will not help a low player like this.
by the time we will be level 100 - the other guy should still have 800k attack above me

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Older players have an advantage on modifiers, as they are accumulated over time. My car def is 99%. Can't get that with 2 or 3 modifiers

reticlover
12-04-2013, 01:22 PM
i sure that gree has a plan in the works to release new items if not buildings to be bought with rp, who knows, they may even be doing what they did in my, they have buildings that u buy and upgrade that give you more stats, they have even better items that can be bought with valor (rp), how about everyone be paitent and lets see what their plan is. i doubt they would be doing what they are doing in the game and have no purpose behind it.

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:23 PM

By the way, thanks for that, not often that someone actually agrees with you in the forum full of trolls.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Why won't just start a new account and get a lift of the inflation? The game change so take that in to your strategy. About the reset, how about a No.
i know that i wrote a long book so i guess u didn't read it all.
i'll sum it up:
the game isn't fun anymore. starting a camper account every time there is a stat inflation is not a strategy.
i want to fix the problem, not to exploit it

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 01:29 PM
i would say that the ppl who earned this "insane" mods are ppl who play for a very long time and spent alot of money and they deserve it.
but ppl with crazy items did not play a long time (for these items) and did not have to spend real money for em - so they don't deserve em (including me and u. lol)

let's forget about the war (that occurs once or twice a month) and focus on the every day game:
if i'm level 50 with 100k and someone else is level 50 with 900k - we will both grow at the same rate, and our iph also. - so increasing the store items will not help a low player like this.
by the time we will be level 100 - the other guy should still have 800k attack above me

Iph = income per hour

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Iph = income per hour
yup.
and if i play for 2 month and u also - then we will have roughly the same iph

KingOW
12-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Take away weapons that ppl have paid real money to get (by spending gold on events)? No that dosen't sound lika a good plan.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Take away weapons that ppl have paid real money to get (by spending gold on events)? No that dosen't sound lika a good plan.
have u noticed the amount of threads of ppl that r quitting CC?
all of those ppl (and many to follow them) have paid real money.
i prefer saving the game and "losing" my money, rather than letting the game to be ruined completely and then quitting it and "losing" my money...

SollyLlama
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM

You sound like someone complaining that people buying computers today are spending 1/2 as much as you did for a computer that is twice as fast, just 6 months later.

Your stats were what they were when you had them. They weren't an invitation to sit around and be complacent while the rest of the community leveraged the new features of the game.

Quit whining or leave.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
You sound like someone complaining that people buying computers today are spending 1/2 as much as you did for a computer that is twice as fast, just 6 months later.

Your stats were what they were when you had them. They weren't an invitation to sit around and be complacent while the rest of the community leveraged the new features of the game.

Quit whining or leave.
if u were to buy a computer just to see that within 6 months the company will offer a pc twice as fast and twice as cheaper then u would complain for sure. this is pure deceiving!

if u think u shouldn't complain then u have a bad perception of reality (or economy).

i payed 5$ to finish a quest that gave me 1000atk item. today these items are given like hot pretzels, so yes - i want to protest

Kidderminster
12-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Yes your angry that people get higher stats than you and you spend money and gold and your get bored with the game. Does it really make sense to destroy everyone's hard work because of a few people quitting the game.

So what I proposes is a 5th option were by instead of reducing everyone's attack why don't gree increase the attack of the equipment that you can in the store, this will make the store more usefull again and people with high IPH will once again rule CC.

But what I don't understand is y has no one acnolaged the LTB's were people like me who has a really bad IPH cannot get the higher rewards, which if I'm not mistaken means that there is a reason for people to have a good hood and have a better IPH.

Finally I will quit this game if gree starts reducing my hard earnt attack as I'm a non gold spender and work twice as hard to keep up with all the gold spenders in the game and at my lvl I hardly meet people who I can't beat.

Thanks for ready I hope it made sense :)

noamlin
12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
i disagree Kidderminster.
the ltb is sh!t - they barely affect the game comparing to the items of the ltqs/sltqs.

it is not destroying everyone's hard work, because all of our hard work is already destroyed by gree!

and about saying "a few people quitting the game" - i would say ALOT of ppl r quitting the game.
most of them r at mid level (meaning they didn't complete anything the game has to offer)

Bala82
12-04-2013, 02:04 PM

I can because you enjoy it -So-what-!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76146-So-what-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Phillip99
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
yup.
and if i play for 2 month and u also - then we will have roughly the same iph

You missed my point, people who have played longer have higher iph, if there were good items at the store, those who have played longer would have an advantage, this would partially counteract the exploding stats of new players.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 02:10 PM
You missed my point, people who have played longer have higher iph, if there were good items at the store, those who have played longer would have an advantage, this would partially counteract the exploding stats of new players.
no i did not miss your point.
what i wanted to say is - there is a limit for the amount of items u can carry (500 of each type).
increasing the strength of the items in store will help the veterans buy their way to only be equal in strength to new players (who had easy time doing ltqs on a low tier).

I can because you enjoy it -So-what-!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76146-So-what-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
i'm not sure which level are u but at some point (i have almost 1mil iph) it is not enjoyable anymore.
i have all buildings in the game, which is more thrilling then upgrading them. and the cash is worthless, so what now?
BTW i replied to u in ur thread

Kidderminster
12-04-2013, 02:12 PM
i disagree Kidderminster.
the ltb is sh!t - they barely affect the game comparing to the items of the ltqs/sltqs.

it is not destroying everyone's hard work, because all of our hard work is already destroyed by gree!

and about saying "a few people quitting the game" - i would say ALOT of ppl r quitting the game.
most of them r at mid level (meaning they didn't complete anything the game has to offer)

I agree that a lot of people are quitting but allot of people are also starting the game, with the stat boosts at the moment it give new players a chance to catch up as I am still trying to do as I'm lvl 77 with 1.7 mill attack.

And y should I be affected because the people who quit didn't finish the game, sorry but this game is about attacking rivals and helping your syndicate get further as a group.

If you are worried about the game not being challenging then y don't you stop using gold and try and beet people with out using gold or are u worried that your stats will not be as high as your friends whoopee.

Finally what I don't understand is if everyone hates gree then y do u still spend gold because the more gold u spend the more more gree will want to drain u dry.

noamlin
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
If you are worried about the game not being challenging then y don't you stop using gold and try and beet people with out using gold or are u worried that your stats will not be as high as your friends whoopee.

Finally what I don't understand is if everyone hates gree then y do u still spend gold because the more gold u spend the more more gree will want to drain u dry.
1. i stopped spending gold a long time ago.
2. it sounds like u never spent a dime - so u r the one who benefits from this whole situation.
3. "level 77 with 1.7mil attack" - u r afraid to lose what u got quite easily (u r on low tier) so think about veterans who r on higher tiers and all of their long effort now worth sh!t.

Kidderminster
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
1. i stopped spending gold a long time ago.
2. it sounds like u never spent a dime - so u r the one who benefits from this whole situation.
3. "level 77 with 1.7mil attack" - u r afraid to lose what u got quite easily (u r on low tier) so think about veterans who r on higher tiers and all of their long effort now worth sh!t.

Haha ok

1 I'm pritty sure your not ment to swear.
2 I have spent cash on my orinignal account witch I started a year ago but then stopped as I had to much work, and whine I set up a new game I diced to try. Eing a free player to make it more of a goal to see if I could beat others who use gold.
3 if u haven't realised u kind of have to start on a low level to get to the higher lvls as everyone has to start some were.
4 yea I benafit just as much as the next guy but I don't do as well on LTQS and other events that being a higher lvl still gives u props for. Whoopee I can do better in the boss event because ima lower tier.

The reason I oppose this is I don't feel like starting again that's a waste of time as some people have lives to live ( I'm not saying that u don't I'm just stating a point )

if there was no stat inflation after a while your stats would not go up any further and people would quit the game as they would have completed the game. And CC is right now there is a constant growth so that u can continue playing and not stagnate.

What I don't understand is y I need to say all of this because your talking about dropping the stats of veterans, who most likely out of all of this have the most to loose. Once your the best great but at least how crime city operates now new payers are able to put pressure on the top players and mix things up a little, it's about time the best ayers of the game are having problems isn't that what it's all about giving new players a chance inst that y the boss event is much easier fr lower lvls.

And to prove most things I'm saying look at the toll at the top and over all WHO IS RIGHT. I'm on the winning side here dude u have an up hill battle against u if u want to drop EVERYONE'S stats just because the guys lower down are now finally are being given a chance as a lot of syndicates are made up of both gold and non gold spenders and I'm sure a few glitchers here and there

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO AGRRES WITH ME OR WHO AGREES WITH YOU. Only time will tell.

SollyLlama
12-04-2013, 03:00 PM
if u were to buy a computer just to see that within 6 months the company will offer a pc twice as fast and twice as cheaper then u would complain for sure. this is pure deceiving!

if u think u shouldn't complain then u have a bad perception of reality (or economy).

i payed 5$ to finish a quest that gave me 1000atk item. today these items are given like hot pretzels, so yes - i want to protest

I've been buying computers for 30 years.

I EXPECT my hardware to be obsolete soon after it is purchased.

If you want to complain about this or your CC items becoming obsolete, you should find another hobby because you will be unhappy a lot.

Joe bananas
12-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I voted no. If they did a reset, we would be back to where we are now really quick. Fixing the shop would help, but then Gree would just make rp harder to obtain. They want gold. Pure and simple.
I'm hoping all grees gold is going towards making a bug free crime city 2.0 :-)

Kidderminster
12-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I've been buying computers for 30 years.

I EXPECT my hardware to be obsolete soon after it is purchased.

If you want to complain about this or your CC items becoming obsolete, you should find another hobby because you will be unhappy a lot.

very well said :) but just out of curiosity how did the convo end up on computers.

SollyLlama
12-04-2013, 03:42 PM
very well said :) but just out of curiosity how did the convo end up on computers.

I am comparing computer hardware to the stats of CC items.

You purchase a computer and you expect it to be the best you can afford *when you buy it.*

The fact that the same item - or better - is available soon after for much less is a non-issue, or it should be. If you are "kicking yourself" because you didn't wait, you are missing the point. You enjoyed the item when you bought it, and that experience is not lost.

This is as true of computers as it is of CC items.

Kidderminster
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM

You purchase a computer and you expect it to be the best you can afford *when you buy it.*

The fact that the same item - or better - is available soon after for much less is a non-issue, or it should be. If you are "kicking yourself" because you didn't wait, you are missing the point. You enjoyed the item when you bought it, and that experience is not lost.

This is as true of computers as it is of CC items.

very true people just need to accept life and move on. :) every one has the same problems but some choose to live with it others choose to do what this guy did :)

Travers
12-04-2013, 04:19 PM
If items totally reset as well as hood, I would quit

Guisseppe17
12-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Holy mother of god, what have you been smoking and can I have some?!
You're suggesting they just erase everything we've worked for and spent real, hard-earned cash (well for some of us...can't say the same for some of these spoiled rich people) on. I'm sorry, but I have never in my life heard of a stupider idea. That's like if during WWII FDR had been like, wow, so many people are dying...I have an idea, let's just nuke everyone so the world can start over and be a better place!

TL;DR No. Go back to your mother's basement, pal.

JeffinChi
12-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't think resetting is the way to go. I'd be p*ssed off If I logged in one day to see a blank, small area where my hood used to be, with my guy standing in middle with 0 att/0 def. instead they need to revamp the respect points, currency system, and the items you can build/buy with them.

Another problem will be getting the new players to stay and slowly build their hood and rob rivals for respect after bombarding them with huge event after huge event with giant prizes. The newer players are hooked on constant action and enormous prizes. They may not want to grind it out and slowly build a hood or rob a bunch of rivals to buy a decent piece of gear (if gree redesigns the cash items).

noamlin
12-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Holy mother of god, what have you been smoking and can I have some?!
You're suggesting they just erase everything we've worked for and spent real, hard-earned cash (well for some of us...can't say the same for some of these spoiled rich people) on. I'm sorry, but I have never in my life heard of a stupider idea. That's like if during WWII FDR had been like, wow, so many people are dying...I have an idea, let's just nuke everyone so the world can start over and be a better place!

TL;DR No. Go back to your mother's basement, pal.
typical troll.
u didn't even read the thread.
next.

i guess u never really bought a computer for yourself because u r talking bs.
since the days of pentium-3 it was a well known fact that newer technology will come out every year - but there is a reasonable rate of obsolescence that ppl r willing to except.
if, like u said, every year there will be a new computer whichi is 2 times faster and 2 times cheaper then it will be unacceptable. <- BTW something like that had never happened so don't compare it to CC.

the real comparison that should be made is:
what if u bought a computer with 2ghz speed and it cost 200$... and within 6 month a new 3ghz will be given for free??
this is exactly what happened in CC!

I voted no. If they did a reset, we would be back to where we are now really quick. Fixing the shop would help, but then Gree would just make rp harder to obtain. They want gold. Pure and simple.
I'm hoping all grees gold is going towards making a bug free crime city 2.0 :-)
the idea is to reset the items and to stop handing out those extremely strong items.
simply handing out normal (60-90 attack) items.

HavingFun
12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
We all got the 3ghz for free but some of us paid the $200 update for the 4ghz lol at this pointless thread. I just bought a new car, please come strip all the parts off. I just want the frame now. I'm still lol'g and nobody is trolling, just letting you know it's a horrible idea.

Bar00n
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
This post was quite interesting but totally pointless. From the perspective of the owners of the game your changes would see the earnings drop down quite a bit, I'm guessing a drop of at least 80% the first week.

And the amount of gold-reburst? Every single person that have spent gold the last 6 months would go looking for that gold back. Personally I'm protected by Norwegian customer law (stictes in the world) and that would basicly mean that a game reset would give me, by law, the right to be reinbursted for the gold bought the last 5 years.

This game will continue to go on in this format for the forseeable future.

In reality, if the want to do anything of the sort you are suggesting, the only option is to open a new server that starts from scratch.

On a small side note, the developers of this game have done some (purely from a economical point of view) great changes, they have developed a game with a gigantic fan base that play this game no matter what, they have addicted customers. When you get into a position like this you can do a lot to maximize your profits, gree have done that.

What I fear though is that this prosess have been badly planned out and rushed to save the mothership who we all know have been buying up games a little to fast and have a very strangled liquity situation. The stocks have also been over estimated for quite a while. The stat influx have gone a little out of control and I've seen a lot of good games ruined like this many times. I'm very very interested in seeing what they will do next, going like this the game will soon start to loose income so they need to make some very very smart choices soon to save the potential income for the years to come.

Btw, I probobly just rewrote what someone else have written but I only read your first post, I have a one of my last exams on my econimics mayor tomorrow and need to start reading;)

Roland
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Why not create a new game called "Crime City Light" where we start from scratch but with less time demanding quests. This version will have some of the quests of the original game.

The_
12-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Lol @ the poll results essentially making this thread completely irrelevant.

On a serious note, what's the point of an item reset when there is still going to be inflated rewards? unless gree magically changes their business model by going back to the archaic status quo. In any organization, games, or settings, change is essential to move forward so I doubt they'll be inclined to take this route.

The only thing item reset will accomplish is taking away items from hundred of thousands of players who have spent years attaining their units. Google play and iOS store will certainly have busy days ahead of them filling out refund orders if this happens.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
i think stat inflation is inevitable under any model. my thoughts on curbing it:

1. See things from Gree's point of view. A gold spender from days past that chooses to go free makes no more money for them. I see no reason why players shouldnt have to continue paying to maintain those top spots. You can be champ for a day, but you gotta keep working at it to remain the top dog. nothing wrong with that.

2. continue giving out monster stat items for events. I see no problem with a 70k item. minus the modifers.
3. Control the modifiers. I think that if you give out modifiers for top events such as wars and case leaderboard events, stat inflation would control itself. Because yeah, the heavy gold spenders should have the best toys. this could be the best way to reward gold spenders.
4. introduce small modifiers on Limited Edition Gold items. Stuff like a +1 modifier on top of an item. with a cap on the amount of modifiers that would stack. Same with crates. Make these two things worth buying again.

A gradual behind the scenes reset of modifiers would certainly go a long way to curbing it as well. If they could make it gradual enough to make it almost transparent... As it is, most players already dont know how the algorithms work and how stuff is really calculated behind the scenes.

cubic
12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF U R A LOW LEVEL PLAYER THAT NEVER SPENT A DOLLAR ON THE GAME

You ask for sympathy but have none left over for the free players which might have even more experience than urself and even better input. No matter wethere you are a low lvl or a free player, the issue you bring up will affect everyone if it got implented, therefor everyone vote should count.

Hi guys.

i have been playing CC for almost a year now, and even tho it's such a simple game (u basically tap, tap tap, tap tap tap) it got me hooked because i always strived getting better - better hood, better items, better mods etc..

What app game doesnīt require taping? :rolleyes:

for the past two months gree has gone mad. 10k+ items are handed out like it's free (it is free!).
the game had a purpose:
the more money u have - the better items u can buy.
the more RP u have - even better and rarer items to buy.

The game still has a purpose, it got evolved and more focused on syndicate instead of the individual player. Maybe you missed that train, but in short, the better you get with your syndicate, the better and stronger every member gets.

today we have no need for RP nor cash (the most basic currency of the game!).
buying item's from the store is a joke.
no reason to attack or rob other ppl, it gives u nothing.

I could list tons of reasons to keep doing those things, but you seems to fail to see most part of the game anyhow so there might be no point in putting it out here for you.

there is no strategy anymore.

Yes there is, you only need to figure it out, no money can do that for you though.

no "the more u play the faster u progress".
no more "the bigger ur hood and iph the better u r".

Well to my knowledge it is still a requirement to play to progress, so that should still mean that the more you play the faster you progress. Or you are saying I could let the game be for a month and still progress at the same rate as I would play 5 hours a day? I bet I would progress much faster if I played 5 hours a day than nothing, otherwise I am doing something wrong here.

i remember the days i thought the when i'll have the biggest hood i will buy tons of Rocket Launchers and many Doomsday Frags. the days where u farm a building for it's prized weapon (which gives 10 atk/def lol)!
if anyone was to buy a weapon with gold he was unbeatable. today, spending real cash (!) on items is just money down the drain...
with 500 mafia (total of 2000 weapons(?)) i would say my weakest weapon is 300+ attack - ten times stringer than any weapon u can with cash.

I remeber the 80īs, those where the days! Stupid evolution..... There are 2500 items for you to use with a full mafia, I suppose you just miscalculated there.

SO... before i'll take any extreme decision (like quitting) i decided to ask an extreme question:
What do you say about items reset?! (<- my vote)
maybe even total items and hoods reset?
maybe complete game reset (everyone starts fresh, a new game at level 1)?

HELL NO!

clearing everyone's items stock, but leaving our hoods and mods - because some of us still played 1+ years and do not want it all to go to waste.

In my mind that would be even more hurtful keeping the mods while stripping away everything else. That just proves you really do not understand the basics of the game, even with +1 year of experience. I restarted with a new character and gave up the mod ( canīt remember the name right now ) which lowered the cost of upgrade buildings by 20 or 25%. That seriously made some big difference not having it compared to have it.

Just think of the numbers of mods out there, those low stat items you speak of would still cause a huge gap instant if the mods where to be kept. The elite players who obviously spends tons of real cash on this game are mainly doing the events for the mods, the stats they get from the items are just a bonus, cause they know a mod is making the difference, not the good stat item which will be trash in a few weeks anyway.

I suggest you adopt to the game instead of hating it, you seems to have a thing for the game ( or had ) but you just fail to understand the changes the game is going through.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2013, 12:33 AM
wow. thems is some big wurds.

hexie
12-05-2013, 03:38 AM
OP, I don't like any of your available options but I am intrigued by some people apparently caught cheating and getting a reset, to level 1 I assume, with their gold spent up to that point credited.

It actually sounds like a respec that you would pay for in other games if you messed up your skill tree or wanted to try something new but with all your gold back rather than skill points.

I would actually purchase a respec. With that big gold balance once used on everything from crates to opening cases (and UI lag inspired accidental henchman, scratcher, energy and stamina purchases) I'm pretty sure I could spend it much more wisely the second time round gaining far more powerful items than any previously purchased why keeping my level low.

I'd even sacrifice my hood...

Arionek
12-05-2013, 04:39 AM
Guys instead of resetting the game (which gree will never do) how about they just start a second server so everyone can have a fresh start without deleteing the game? I'm sure if gree does start a second server lots of "retired" people will come back along with new people to.

noamlin
12-05-2013, 04:51 AM
first of all cubic i want to thank u for this comprehensive reply!

You ask for sympathy but have none left over for the free players which might have even more experience than urself and even better input. No matter wethere you are a low lvl or a free player, the issue you bring up will affect everyone if it got implented, therefor everyone vote should count.
excuse me but it has been said that resetting the game will take away the progress of ppl who PAID for.
if u didn't pay then u don't get to vote.
ppl r saying that gree can't take away their progress - as a free player u may (and will) uninstall, but as a gold player it's another issue.
i don't remember Gree eployees going to work every day because of free players.

What app game doesnīt require taping? :rolleyes:
ummmmm... every game?!
what kind of games do u play that require only tapping? (no thinking, no moving, no skills).
(angry birds, fruit ninja, candy crash - all require much more than just tapping lol).

The game still has a purpose, it got evolved and more focused on syndicate instead of the individual player. Maybe you missed that train, but in short, the better you get with your syndicate, the better and stronger every member gets.
that is half correct -the game does focus more on syndicates but u don't have to get the best syndicate in order to progress.
a syndicate of 30 ppl at level 50 each can benefit from sltqs 3 times more than a syndicate of 20 ppl at level 200!

I could list tons of reasons to keep doing those things, but you seems to fail to see most part of the game anyhow so there might be no point in putting it out here for you.
u say u could list but u didn't - because u can't!
except for syndicate's bonuses (which are worthless) there is no need for cash.

Yes there is, you only need to figure it out, no money can do that for you though.

what strategy??
we used to plan fighting times, send scouters on wars and what not...
today u need no strategy - just be a low level of the 1st or 2nd tier and u r set! u can beat every mission without strategy.

Well to my knowledge it is still a requirement to play to progress, so that should still mean that the more you play the faster you progress. Or you are saying I could let the game be for a month and still progress at the same rate as I would play 5 hours a day? I bet I would progress much faster if I played 5 hours a day than nothing, otherwise I am doing something wrong here.
wrong.
we used to play 5-10 times a day because of few things - collecting money all the time and maximum participation with bosses.
today u can do the same with playing once a day - no need to collect money anymore, and some events can be finished with a few minutes (e.g. the epic boss, where ppl reached a point they kill all bosses from level 1 to 100 with one hit!)

I remeber the 80īs, those where the days! Stupid evolution..... There are 2500 items for you to use with a full mafia, I suppose you just miscalculated there.
yup u r right lol.

In my mind that would be even more hurtful keeping the mods while stripping away everything else. That just proves you really do not understand the basics of the game, even with +1 year of experience. I restarted with a new character and gave up the mod ( canīt remember the name right now ) which lowered the cost of upgrade buildings by 20 or 25%. That seriously made some big difference not having it compared to have it.

Just think of the numbers of mods out there, those low stat items you speak of would still cause a huge gap instant if the mods where to be kept. The elite players who obviously spends tons of real cash on this game are mainly doing the events for the mods, the stats they get from the items are just a bonus, cause they know a mod is making the difference, not the good stat item which will be trash in a few weeks anyway.

I suggest you adopt to the game instead of hating it, you seems to have a thing for the game ( or had ) but you just fail to understand the changes the game is going through.
modifiers and hoods are something ppl have really worked for.
i bet 90% of the mods where given to ppl who used gold, unlike items that are handed out like candy for free.
for the last year i worked hard on two things - my mods and my hood. i did not work hard for 95% of my items.

noamlin
12-05-2013, 04:58 AM
OP, I don't like any of your available options but I am intrigued by some people apparently caught cheating and getting a reset, to level 1 I assume, with their gold spent up to that point credited.

It actually sounds like a respec that you would pay for in other games if you messed up your skill tree or wanted to try something new but with all your gold back rather than skill points.

I would actually purchase a respec. With that big gold balance once used on everything from crates to opening cases (and UI lag inspired accidental henchman, scratcher, energy and stamina purchases) I'm pretty sure I could spend it much more wisely the second time round gaining far more powerful items than any previously purchased why keeping my level low.

I'd even sacrifice my hood...
let me see if i understand:
u mean - reset the game and give back to ppl their gold, so this time they will be able to spend it more wisely?
that is a very interesting idea!

Guys instead of resetting the game (which gree will never do) how about they just start a second server so everyone can have a fresh start without deleteing the game? I'm sure if gree does start a second server lots of "retired" people will come back along with new people to.
brilliant!

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2013, 05:12 AM
if gree has made many of the old gold items and prizes obsolete/irrelevant, then i see no reason why the same couldn't happen for modifiers. for example, if everyone keeps getting these 25% gun and car modifiers, youll soon reach a point where the majority of players have them, making them obsolete.

this in a sense resets an aspect of the game.

noamlin
12-05-2013, 05:23 AM
i think stat inflation is inevitable under any model. my thoughts on curbing it:

i played a lot (A LOT!) of games where u build up ur character. u improve it and equip it with items.
gree (funzio) r definitely not the first to come up with a game like this.
yet, i have never encountered such a ridiculous stats inflation!
it's unreal and out of proportions!

this kind of stat inflation is avoidable.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-05-2013, 05:38 AM
i played a lot (A LOT!) of games where u build up ur character. u improve it and equip it with items.
gree (funzio) r definitely not the first to come up with a game like this.
yet, i have never encountered such a ridiculous stats inflation!
it's unreal and out of proportions!

this kind of stat inflation is avoidable.ive read elsewhere of a game where stat inflation was a problem, the developers took specific units that players built up, that had become overpowered. They chopped their stats in half without warning. this is certainly a problem these kinds of games face.

avoidable? maybe to a privately owned company. a little harder when you got stockholders to answer to.

SollyLlama
12-05-2013, 06:09 AM
this kind of stat inflation is avoidable.

Of course it is, but the people who publish this game chose a different route.

The stat-inflation is universal.

The only people who don't enjoy it are the people who have become complacent.

Syndicates that have a high level of casual players will suffer, and this will shake up the rankings by allowing active syns that have participated in the recent events to overtake syns that didn't have players as active, relying on the stats they had already acquired.

If you aren't enjoying the game, you should just leave. Some players on this forum call this "beating the game."

Why ARE you still here?

sister morphine
12-05-2013, 06:41 AM
You seem to be confusing active and gold spending. Players can be extremely active, but if they don't or can't afford to spend piles of money on an ongoing basis they will lose out.

SollyLlama
12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
You seem to be confusing active and gold spending. Players can be extremely active, but if they don't or can't afford to spend piles of money on an ongoing basis they will lose out.

Many 1000s of players will assure you that playing for free *and enjoying the time spent* isn't losing out.

This thread is about someone who doesn't play for free, and feels like they are losing out anyway.

Anyone who isn't #1 could be considered "losing," and so in that analysis just about everyone is losing.

IMHO, the only people who are losing are the people spending their TIME, and not enjoying it.

Max Power
12-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Stats of new players ARE ridiculous, but stats of older players are going up at the same ridiculous rate.....you should still be ahead

Not with the Boss events being so powerful. Older accounts are in higher tiers and have much more difficulty completing boss events than noobs. Unless of course you are referring to people completing every event.

cubic
12-05-2013, 09:04 AM
first of all cubic i want to thank u for this comprehensive reply!

excuse me but it has been said that resetting the game will take away the progress of ppl who PAID for.
if u didn't pay then u don't get to vote.
ppl r saying that gree can't take away their progress - as a free player u may (and will) uninstall, but as a gold player it's another issue.
i don't remember Gree eployees going to work every day because of free players.

I could drop this question, however, my point is that someone who puts in time in something is as valuable as others. Reason for it is that s/he will build up a target for the spenders to defeat, hence they spend even more. And in every free online game where you could pay real money to get an advantage the very majority are non-spenders, so excluding them would leave the game with too low amount of players that it would case a collapse shortly. Reasons is that the light-spenders which couldnīt spend more wouldnīt have targets anymore, the medium-spenders would then loose the light-spenders and left would be only the high-spenders whom soon would have been as in this game maybe 3 syndicates left.
Besides, Gree doesnīt only get their income via the gold-spenders, they have other incomes aswell, as every other company who offers something for free. It could be advertiser paying the check or other stuff they fixed some income from. Well, all in all, thats my view on it, but I do understand urs aswell.

ummmmm... every game?!
what kind of games do u play that require only tapping? (no thinking, no moving, no skills).
(angry birds, fruit ninja, candy crash - all require much more than just tapping lol).
You still have to tap in the games though ;)

that is half correct -the game does focus more on syndicates but u don't have to get the best syndicate in order to progress.
a syndicate of 30 ppl at level 50 each can benefit from sltqs 3 times more than a syndicate of 20 ppl at level 200!
But they canīt stay lvl 50 forever if they participate in every events. Besides, this way for me is a bit more fun, now we have to co-ordinate the syndicate not to waste energy etc, and every member will get to share the rewards. Many syndicates are having lots of different players (lvl, iph etc) this means that members contribute in different syndicate events and in the end mostly have contributed equally and to be granted same rewards is pretty nice for it. Before you had to choose what events you wanted to do when everything was individual.

u say u could list but u didn't - because u can't!
except for syndicate's bonuses (which are worthless) there is no need for cash.
You gain cash, that is still useful. Donīt agree on that? What pays for the LTB? Cash, and from LTB you can get those extra items by lvl them up as many canīt. There is a source where you could gain an advantage over ur competetor by keep on robbing and atack other players.

what strategy??
we used to plan fighting times, send scouters on wars and what not...
today u need no strategy - just be a low level of the 1st or 2nd tier and u r set! u can beat every mission without strategy.
I still claim there is a strategy (or strategies actually) but if I where to put them out here they wouldnīt be much of a use anymore. Sorry about that :(

wrong.
we used to play 5-10 times a day because of few things - collecting money all the time and maximum participation with bosses.
today u can do the same with playing once a day - no need to collect money anymore, and some events can be finished with a few minutes (e.g. the epic boss, where ppl reached a point they kill all bosses from level 1 to 100 with one hit!)
Well, during any syndicate event you would need to log on a few times every day, atleast in our syndicate that is. And they are just throwing more and more of those at us lately. For the collecting part we will all reach a point where we only have buildings where we are using 12, 24, 48 and other odd cycles from the LTBīs we get, but they bring in more than the lower crappy ones and I donīt mind that at all. And I refer the importance of cash to the above thing where I explained the value in getting new LTBīs. About that last boss I just think they screwed up, it was too easy, or maybe it was a way of saying sorry for them screwing up in the past.

modifiers and hoods are something ppl have really worked for.
i bet 90% of the mods where given to ppl who used gold, unlike items that are handed out like candy for free.
for the last year i worked hard on two things - my mods and my hood. i did not work hard for 95% of my items. Letīs just agree we have different perspective on this one ;)

For the record, Iīve payed a few bucks in to this game, but it was on my older charachter which I where way of with and lvled up too fast. Sure, now he would be great for SLTQīs since he had very high energy, but his stats where crap. Started over and so far I havenīt payed more because I where about to quit, hanging in there though.

noamlin
12-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I think I have noticed a repeating problem.
Probably the real cause of the destruction of this game:
The tiers!

There shouldn't be any tiers. Growing levels should be a goal, not something to avoid.
I'm doing the boss mission and a level 20 is doing the same - there is no logic for him to have easier time WHILE earning the same prizes as higher levels.

Someone said that stats inflation affects everyone so if u doubled ur stats then do did ur opponent. Then the only thing that actually took the game out of balance is the tiers...

mob
12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Actually, if the entire base were inflated equal to the rate of inflation of the LTQ's, RB's, Wars, etc. then you may find a reasonable balance. I suppose the inflation rate exceeds 10% per month. Perhaps the initial Laundromat should now be priced at 500 instead of 100 and the payout equal.

More importantly, the respect and cash items must be inflated regularly! I suggest a new rollout every 30-60 days. ....and yes, the gold (real $$) purchases are really worthless. Think about the recent individual boss event and the 350$G giveaway. I suspect a huge number of players 'reset' their game or added a new device and the immediate rewards were multiples above the Gold Prize Purchases!!! Scratchers...do I need to go there? If this were inflated accordingly, you might get a few takers too.

Quite simply.... just inflate the game across the board equally.

Better still.... reduce your inflation rate!! Currently, people are leaving at high rates. It seems if one were to layoff for a month or two, they would be lost in the dust. How long could the members of Fight Club stand on the sidelines before the average Joes pass them by. The have long dominated this game and yet I feel a short layoff, even for them, would be a major setback.

There are many fine additions but the most damaging part of the game - is the inflation! Please take the time to get this right Gree...

Phillip99
12-05-2013, 04:41 PM
You are correct mob, they absolutely need to update cash and respect items. You also make a good point about reducing inflation rate, however I do not think this can be done....the genie (inflation)is out of the bottle and you can't put it back. With everyone's stats in the millions, no one is going to care about working at events for a 2,000 point weapon. Most importantly no one will spend gold to get 2,000 point weapons.....this would be bad for business, which is why gree wouldn't do it. Really they probably couldn't do it and still turn a profit. It may be a game for us, but end of the day it is a business for gree. Inflation will not only continue but the rate will go up, gree needs to offer bigger and bigger weapons to entice people to spend. Even 20,000 point weapons are not that thrilling anymore.....I have 2 at 70,000.

Phillip99
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I think putting much better cash items in the store is the best solution. Stat inflation favors new players, the only advantage that us older players have is higher iph, which still takes time to build.