PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on current WD event

drumpiedumpie
12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Being dutch I cannot loose the feeling that this Bombarding The Netherlands event has been put together very hastily. I do like it that a small country such as ours is named in the game but:

- Bombarding is maybe not the best term chosen for this event. The last bombardment on The Netherlands resulted in the deaths of lots of civilians and over 85000 homeless overnight. The entire city centre was flattened.
- The special unit for this event is derived from a russian fighter. The current fighter of the Royal Dutch Airforce is the f16, to be replaced with the f35. The KLU has always been using US fighters. Even more suitable would have been a unit that is related to our naval heritage. Submarine maybe?
- Pumpkin is a pretty rare fruit in The Netherlands. Pumpkin pie is even harder to find. It makes no sense at all from a dutch point of view to use this in a care package event. A very traditional dutch pie is apple pie (we were one of the countries it was invented). Or have something related to for example cheese, flowers, heineken or boerenkool.
- Amstel Hotel: nice choice. I like it.
- Liam van Block : Liam is not a dutch name (it's irish). It is fairly common to use foreign names for newly born nowadays but it would have been more convincing if you had chosen an actual dutch name.
- I missed most of the balkin blitz so I have no other opinion on it other than that I cannot relate it to The Netherlands by the name alone.

This might look like nitpicking. If it were only one or two things I wouldn't have bothered posting but this is almost the entire event. Please put a little bit more effort in fact checking before releasing upcoming events. It doesn't have to take a lot of time and does show you appreciating your players.

What do u other dutch players think of this? (Non dutch opinions very much appreciated too of course!)

Dutchie
12-03-2013, 02:03 PM
They have all been bad and Nederland is no different. One of their biggest gaffs was China or was that Mongolia? They did put that one right... Sadly, they have no attention to detail and nor do they care, hence why there are so many issues with this game all of the time and that we won't see change. Addicts aren't very fussy though, so long they get their fix ;P

Wingman GRI
12-03-2013, 02:21 PM
They have all been bad and Nederland is no different. One of their biggest gaffs was China or was that Mongolia? They did put that one right... Sadly, they have no attention to detail and nor do they care, hence why there are so many issues with this game all of the time and that we won't see change. Addicts aren't very fussy though, so long they get their fix ;P

Exactly you never hear the biggest gold buyers complain. They anyway get what they want..even before WD ends :-)

iZheil9152
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure pumpkin pie was more for thanksgiving here than Netherlands

PenguinWSS69
12-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Its just a game

SPWD
12-08-2013, 09:52 AM
And when it's over you won't know where you finished as they won't post the ******* winners list