PDA

View Full Version : Boss health

WinkadInk
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Is it just me or has the bosses health seriously increased a ton?? I'm lvl 121 with 2.5+ atk and takes 10 mil health to beat boss 32!

Jetwit
11-30-2013, 07:55 PM
yup every money it seems like they raise the health to go with the units they are giving away. I was able to get to boss 60 2 months ago, boss 50 last month, and now I've just slowly reached level 21

WinkadInk
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I've always reached boss 50 since 3 bosses before lvl 100s were introduced. Last boss I reached lvl 78...I doubt I'll make boss 60

KingDante!
11-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Better get used to it, looks like increasing boss health is a concept that's here to stay.

If you aren't increasing your stats at a higher proportion than the boss health is increasing, you will get left behind.

pb23
11-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't know why everyone is so outraged... it's only a 74% increase!

You mean you haven't nearly doubled your profile strength in the last 2 weeks!?

Philly982
11-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Better get used to it, looks like increasing boss health is a concept that's here to stay.

If you aren't increasing your stats at a higher proportion than the boss health is increasing, you will get left behind.

You are correct KingDante. I remember the good old days of this game where one could look forward to getting their stats up so that they could get just a little further in the next boss event regardless of using gold or not. Those days are gone now and the game is further distancing itself from the players. Sure some of he major spenders may keep going, but it seems that one by one (or even faster) they are dropping out due to Gree's fallacies. If Gree keeps cutting out the will to spend gold for the light to middle gold spenders as well, then coffers will run dry.

Several months ago I heard a rumor that Gree based boss strength off of the average stats for players in a boss tier. If this is correct then they must use the top percentile of the strongest players in each tier. My mini is kinda strong for its level being well above 2 mill attack below lvl 50, but there are many much stronger than me, but far more in only 5 or 6 digits. Spending hours going through the rivals list it seems that these type of players make up the bulk of the MW community in this tier and several of them have gold buildings, LE units, and other types of gold purchases. If they drive away them as well then they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. That is just my opinion though, but what do I know. A double major in marketing and business would probably not have any relevance here.

Brizzol
11-30-2013, 09:04 PM

This isn't really possible, for example PB has a very strong point.
It's just them probably seeing a lot of people going for 100 bosses, so, in Gree's mind, make it nearly twice as hard and more than likely those same players will spend gold to go for it again, in turn bringing in more profit. Increases in health based on units gained since the last boss would be fair, that way if you missed out those units it's your fault but that isn't the case.

easierlife
11-30-2013, 09:30 PM
This is why I stopped spending gold on the boss.

pb23
11-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Had the increase been fairly linear or at least in line with stat gains since last event, I would have done 100 again...

But it's not even close. So I'll go as far as I can go for free :)

Their loss, not mine!

Dutchie
12-01-2013, 02:11 AM
All events are designed so that people have to spend gold to get the top units, but the top players with the top stats spend considerably less, if at all, to get those same units, creating an ever bigger divide as players stop falling for the GREE trap. The boss event is no different and they will continue to bump the boss health as our stats inflate exponentially. The higher up you are, the more exponential your curve... caused by the modifiers!

DFI
12-01-2013, 02:40 AM
With the creation of monster LLP accounts that can feast on bosses lower than lv150, I think gree needs to do this. But as you say, the very high stat players and monster LLP players might not mind at all by the inflation. It's the guys in the middle who are being squeezed. At the end of the day, we all have the choice to start over again or quit. If gree wanted to level the playing field once again, they would go back to the LTQs which are based on maps that you need certain unit buildings. That way the LLPs wil be forced to build and upgrade, even use gold to get there. So there's an idea gree. Make some money off the LLPs who are getting your 100 bosses for free.

WI(AusNz)
12-01-2013, 03:57 AM
All events are designed so that people have to spend gold to get the top units, but the top players with the top stats spend considerably less, if at all, to get those same units, creating an ever bigger divide as players stop falling for the GREE trap. The boss event is no different and they will continue to bump the boss health as our stats inflate exponentially. The higher up you are, the more exponential your curve... caused by the modifiers!
Sing it Brother! They are pricing out the non-golds and light-golds.

I would have thought the non and light golds are worth more to this game to just push them away so easily

SHANESTER
12-04-2013, 07:14 PM
The Boss used to be my favorite event. Now it sucks! GREEdy is definitely making this game easier and easier to walk away from. Its running out of fun.

Ssne
12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes they have ruined it now. Also, why are the level 151s and 300s hitting the same boss? That's crazy GREE.

ffp
12-04-2013, 08:14 PM
The Boss used to be my favorite event. Now it sucks! GREEdy is definitely making this game easier and easier to walk away from. Its running out of fun.

Amen brother.

Blade of 3
12-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Completely agree. Not only are there a 100 bosses, but they are getting stronger much faster than pretty much everyone. Gree is ruining all the events that used to be fun.