PDA

View Full Version : This is the end

Ben Dover 300
11-29-2013, 11:02 PM
The comments in this post are my feelings based on observations I have made.

I made it through the 40% sale without stocking up. If the gold bonus comes out for the next wd, this will be my last event. I have stayed around because of the friends I made in the game and especially in TKO.

I guess I'm not suppose to mention names but my brother and my sister in TKO know how much they mean to me and this is the perfect time for me to leave because we will be having dinner together on Dec 9, right after the event ends.

I've played kingdom age and modern war.

I have had glitch upon glitch most never rectified to my liking. In both games my factions/guilds were 1 win away from completing the streak and due to delays in match ups and game glitches we failed. We were given the generic reply basically tough luck we don't award after the fact. Well we all know that's not true and gree just proved it in the last wd.

The case event we all spent thousands of gold to try to beat people that either had an advantage with combining account and having 1 million gold or just people hacking, and gree did nothing to reimburse the players.

The ridiculous money people have spent to become powerful to just have others with 5 to 10 million in lower stats to be able to defeat you (that's just a slap in the face to anyone that has spent a lot of money).

Add in the ability that players in the game are able to scan anyone and everyone's accounts and they get rewarded for this by gree. Plus admittedly the factions they are in (or he is in) say they have a slight advantage going into wd events.

Every glitch in the game ends up costing us money. I will not be throwing my money at a game you can't win and a game that I feel is unfair.

I will truly miss talking to and attacking the people I interact with every day (well almost everyone) there are two people that when they were much lower in stats and gree didn't let 5 - 10 million Lowe stat people beat you, these people asked me not to raid them. For months I agreed and left them alone. Amazing how they now raid me daily. Dummies like that also ruin the game.

Have a happy holiday season and a very good new year. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Ben Dover

Ivan the Dictator
11-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice. One day I hope to have enough money to just blow it off like you! :)

keeskiller
11-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Congratz in beating the game. Good luck in your new life

KFH
11-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Good luck thanks for the good thread

The Billionaire
11-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Never spoke to you mate but always seen your name on leaderboards etc so I guess you were one of the big guns in the game. Congrats on winning the game!

Seems like a lot of big players are calling it a day across all the Gree games. You need to sort your act out Gree, I see two trends amerging:

Regular game issues
Top/big spending players quitting

All the best Ben!

Tournai
11-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Yes Gree kills their own games for people like you spending big money!

Now you Bend over! ans show your A$$ ! LOL

Good luck, and enjoy your Free time again!! You dont need gold for that!

sir elmo
11-30-2013, 02:32 AM
The way gree is doing now, it is forcing a lot of people out. The stats inflation now is ridiculous and now that it takes loads of gold to finish every event they hold shows what they really think about all of us. I honestly feel tjat they arent spelling their name right. They arent putting the "d" in there, but we all know it's there. Right at the end where it is supposed to be. It is just silent so they dont show it in theier name.

RMSwarrior
11-30-2013, 03:07 AM
It feels like being released Ben, I lost my account and gree doesn't seem to care. I'm forced to quit and it feels good. Good luck on your final wd event.. I can recommend reign of dragons ;-)

Dutchie
11-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Never spoke to you mate but always seen your name on leaderboards etc so I guess you were one of the big guns in the game. Congrats on winning the game!Seems like a lot of big players are calling it a day across all the Gree games. You need to sort your act out Gree, I see two trends amerging:Regular game issuesTop/big spending players quittingAll the best Ben!

It's no use as they are incapable. They have had plenty of chances to get things right but fail with every event. People have had enough and I don't blame them. Their sloppiness is costing people a lot of real money and to be frank, they really don't care, so long their coffers continue to fill. The company's attitude towards their paying customers will bring their ultimate downfall.

@Ben - find a new game and take your brothers and sisters with you. Choose wisely and good luck :)

One man army
11-30-2013, 04:34 AM
No one is going to beat gree. For this to happen the top 3 factions need to be gone. Being that they don't care makes them the worse company in this world. A company who says we want your feed back on how the game should be but doesn't put a single thing in doesnt deserve anyone's money. Good luck to you hopefully you can now find something else to blow your money on. Something that's worth it

DaBoss!
11-30-2013, 06:34 AM
Congrats Bro!!!!!!!! Best of luck in the real life

Generik79
11-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Well, said, a lot I could add to the list of grievances, but, as Ben and many others have said, there is really no point as nothing will ever be redressed. I suggest that new spenders look around here on the Dirty or elsewhere for mentors who can help you stop the insanity before it begins. Bless Ben, who, like me, went through a 24 hour 40% off sale without buying a single ingot of gold. I feel, like you, that that was a MASSIVE accomplishment.

goober
11-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Ben - best of luck! It's been fun watching!

DaBoss!
11-30-2013, 07:18 AM
I know this is off-topic, but this thread reminds me of a movie called this is the end. Its a pretty good movie. Anyone else seen it.

Elite Enforcer
11-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Another legend gone. Let me add to the 100 percent drop rate vs IOS on yesterday's faction goal. No more gold for me.

This is crazy what gree is doing to there own game. Time to wake up gree.

I will not buy gold again.

Ben Dover 300
11-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Yes the droid drop rate yesterday and the droid glitch in the care package event, please keep adding to the list of what is wrong.

Another legend gone. Let me add to the 100 percent drop rate vs IOS on yesterday's faction goal. No more gold for me.

This is crazy what gree is doing to there own game. Time to wake up gree.

I will not buy gold again.

bxhx
11-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Congratulations Ben, you have made it out of the Matrix.

Bndawgs
11-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Well, said, a lot I could add to the list of grievances, but, as Ben and many others have said, there is really no point as nothing will ever be redressed. I suggest that new spenders look around here on the Dirty or elsewhere for mentors who can help you stop the insanity before it begins. Bless Ben, who, like me, went through a 24 hour 40% off sale without buying a single ingot of gold. I feel, like you, that that was a MASSIVE accomplishment.

I was right there at the buy it screen last night ,but I held strong. It was so tempting, but with the change in ltq tactics, it's a lost cause now.

Speed ump
11-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Alas, I was weak. I spent and spent. I could not stop myself. Gree needs my money. Think of all the kids of the gree employees expecting their new playsation4 or xbox one so dad and mom can keep them off free games like this.lol. I must help keep the world economy going, since much of our money goes to help keep the Japanese arm of gree open.

Norseman
11-30-2013, 09:23 AM
GREE executives are probably desperate to show some sign of economic performance improvements. Hopefully we can all work together and crush their hopes soon enough. As they continue to completely disregard customer satisfaction obtaining their objective.

Led
11-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Best of luck in your future endeavors

Ben Dover 300
11-30-2013, 10:25 AM
You should join me.

Alas, I was weak. I spent and spent. I could not stop myself. Gree needs my money. Think of all the kids of the gree employees expecting their new playsation4 or xbox one so dad and mom can keep them off free games like this.lol. I must help keep the world economy going, since much of our money goes to help keep the Japanese arm of gree open.

JMS
11-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Sad day. When is gree going to wake up? Probably when it's too late.

Ryans67
11-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I was more upset about them extending the care package collection event. With an hour left, I needed about 100+ packages still. I had been collecting packages through attacks at a cost of roughly 1 gold per package found. Running short on time, I switched to a high end energy mission, and collect the last packages at roughly 20 gold per package. Finish before the event ends...And lo and behold Gree restarts it the next day and gives us the additional 24 hours they had promised.

Bait & switch tactics.

Gatecrasher
11-30-2013, 11:40 AM
The problem is you

So greed have offered anyone the chance to become a top player within a few months as long as they spend enough gold. Are they being greedy or trying to keep alive a flagging game. The longer term players are getting pissed at all the money they have spent to get to where they are and see now that they have been conned.

Not very ethical I agree. Then neither is spending large amounts of money on a meaningless game with so much poverty in the world. You get no sympathy from me.

I keep reading posts about the top teams spending money, so you have to spend to catch up. That is a myth, that is the dream you are being sold when in reality you know they can't be caught. Those top 3 teams need the rest of us more than we need them. Without the rest of us there is no game. The game goes on without the top three.

Greedy will squeeze you all for every penny you have, then happily consign this game to the trash bin. It has other existing games and new games that it can use to manipulate people into parting with cash. And let's face it, these games, this type of format, only has a limited time lifespan. When it is all over you will be left wondering how the hell you parted with so much cash and have nothing to show for it. The answer, greedy knows how to exploit addictive personalities.

The way you win this game is to play for free or small amounts of money if it is justified. Ignore the rich folk at the top, don't try and compete with them. Settle in at your level and have fun. You will never be top.

As a consequence, greedy will have to give you more for your money.

As for the programming balls ups. Would you pay for a steak well done that you asked for rare? If the owner of the restaurant told you to tuff just eat it, would you go back to that restaurant and expect anything different. Demand your steak medium rare.

Take it from someone who can control an addiction, and believe me, to be able to do that is mentally one of the toughest things you can do.

who am I
11-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Glad you decided to take the same road I took. It has been a pleasure knowing you and playing with you.
Thanks for everything you did for me :)
See you in another life!

Speed ump
11-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Crasher I see you calling people who spend money unethical. Any money you spend on anything other than basics to sustain life puts you in the same boat. Do you own a boat? Do you spend money for entertainment of any type? Do you realize how far that money would go towards feeding those without? It's not your place to criticize people for choosing when and how to spend their money, or not. Since going out to eat at a nice restraint is more a luxury, and a form of entertainment, then I have no sympathy for you when the steak is served aware instead of well done. I'm sure we can all cast stones at each other based on the way you perceive this, including yourself. Instead of sending time on such a useless and meaningless game, you should spend your time on more ethical endeavors, such and helping in a soup kitchen, volunteer your spare time spent here to helping with a charity. Don't judge others, lest you be judged yourself.

DocLo
11-30-2013, 03:06 PM
The problem is you

So greed have offered anyone the chance to become a top player within a few months as long as they spend enough gold. Are they being greedy or trying to keep alive a flagging game. The longer term players are getting pissed at all the money they have spent to get to where they are and see now that they have been conned.

Not very ethical I agree. Then neither is spending large amounts of money on a meaningless game with so much poverty in the world. You get no sympathy from me.

I keep reading posts about the top teams spending money, so you have to spend to catch up. That is a myth, that is the dream you are being sold when in reality you know they can't be caught. Those top 3 teams need the rest of us more than we need them. Without the rest of us there is no game. The game goes on without the top three.

Greedy will squeeze you all for every penny you have, then happily consign this game to the trash bin. It has other existing games and new games that it can use to manipulate people into parting with cash. And let's face it, these games, this type of format, only has a limited time lifespan. When it is all over you will be left wondering how the hell you parted with so much cash and have nothing to show for it. The answer, greedy knows how to exploit addictive personalities.

The way you win this game is to play for free or small amounts of money if it is justified. Ignore the rich folk at the top, don't try and compete with them. Settle in at your level and have fun. You will never be top.

As for the programming balls ups. Would you pay for a steak well done that you asked for rare? If the owner of the restaurant told you to tuff just eat it, would you go back to that restaurant and expect anything different. Demand your steak medium rare.

Take it from someone who can control an addiction, and believe me, to be able to do that is mentally one of the toughest things you can do.

This needs to be a sticky. Well said.

borov
11-30-2013, 05:17 PM
GREE executives are probably desperate to show some sign of economic performance improvements. Hopefully we can all work together and crush their hopes soon enough. As they continue to completely disregard customer satisfaction obtaining their objective.

the bad news is that more than likely once enough people abandon the game so will they. it will be looked at as a line item on a P&L and thrown out as an obselete idea that once was a cash cow. that would be sad because I really like playing this game and love chatting with my faction mates.

Gileas
11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
The comments in this post are my feelings based on observations I have made.

I made it through the 40% sale without stocking up. If the gold bonus comes out for the next wd, this will be my last event. I have stayed around because of the friends I made in the game and especially in TKO.

I guess I'm not suppose to mention names but my brother and my sister in TKO know how much they mean to me and this is the perfect time for me to leave because we will be having dinner together on Dec 9, right after the event ends.

I've played kingdom age and modern war.

I have had glitch upon glitch most never rectified to my liking. In both games my factions/guilds were 1 win away from completing the streak and due to delays in match ups and game glitches we failed. We were given the generic reply basically tough luck we don't award after the fact. Well we all know that's not true and gree just proved it in the last wd.

The case event we all spent thousands of gold to try to beat people that either had an advantage with combining account and having 1 million gold or just people hacking, and gree did nothing to reimburse the players.

The ridiculous money people have spent to become powerful to just have others with 5 to 10 million in lower stats to be able to defeat you (that's just a slap in the face to anyone that has spent a lot of money).

Add in the ability that players in the game are able to scan anyone and everyone's accounts and they get rewarded for this by gree. Plus admittedly the factions they are in (or he is in) say they have a slight advantage going into wd events.

Every glitch in the game ends up costing us money. I will not be throwing my money at a game you can't win and a game that I feel is unfair.

I will truly miss talking to and attacking the people I interact with every day (well almost everyone) there are two people that when they were much lower in stats and gree didn't let 5 - 10 million Lowe stat people beat you, these people asked me not to raid them. For months I agreed and left them alone. Amazing how they now raid me daily. Dummies like that also ruin the game.

Have a happy holiday season and a very good new year. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Ben Dover

Uh huh... There's the smell of something in the air, and it ain't channel no.5

Gileas
11-30-2013, 06:18 PM
the bad news is that more than likely once enough people abandon the game so will they. it will be looked at as a line item on a P&L and thrown out as an obselete idea that once was a cash cow. that would be sad because I really like playing this game and love chatting with my faction mates.

You got it. Its a for profit business, no profit, no business, no game. This pay for play stuff is interesting and amazingly profitable, GREE recorded 370$ million US in revenue and over $105 million US in operating profit for third quarter of 2013. Pretty sweet, but thats down 24% from the previous quarter. So guys do try to understand this is a multimillion dollar Japanese corporation. Complain, moan, shout, whatever. They aren't here for your entertainment they are here to profit from you. And don't think that means you get to tell them what to do, they aren't listening to you, they listen to their accountants and investment projections.
Now go buy some gold and *almost* finish that ltq before they remove the reward units because it was an error you got them in the first place. Crime City, anyone?

Dutchie
12-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I was more upset about them extending the care package collection event. With an hour left, I needed about 100+ packages still. I had been collecting packages through attacks at a cost of roughly 1 gold per package found. Running short on time, I switched to a high end energy mission, and collect the last packages at roughly 20 gold per package. Finish before the event ends...And lo and behold Gree restarts it the next day and gives us the additional 24 hours they had promised.Bait & switch tactics. All designed and certainly no mistake. It will continue to happen as they play you for the fool! The choice is yours...

Dutchie
12-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Alas, I was weak. I spent and spent. I could not stop myself. Gree needs my money. Think of all the kids of the gree employees expecting their new playsation4 or xbox one so dad and mom can keep them off free games like this.lol. I must help keep the world economy going, since much of our money goes to help keep the Japanese arm of gree open. Black Friday's sales on both gold and iTunes cards were an offer that couldn't be refused if still a gold player. Well... you guys do need to keep feeding the GREEd machine to maintain your status quo, so that the game isn't flushed down the toilet. I'm surprised you're not bored by the monotony of it all. How long before enough players decide to stop feeding and you will be left holding the baby?

Ferr
12-01-2013, 04:13 AM
A sad moment Ben. You will set another example for others to follow. It is amazing how top spenders still continue to spend knowing that this is an unsafe environment. The sheer addiction beats reason. Many of those you have been competing against, have spend a fraction of what you have done. Your mind can not believe this, you do not want to believe this, Gree would not allow this. I wish all legitimate players spending would come to their senses but considering the amount of time and spending it took for myself to find this out i am not hopeful.

My advice to you though is dropping out just before the wd event begins. Why ruining another weekend whilst you know that stopping after the wd event will almost instantly weaken your game anyways considering the inflation. Keep your bonus and use it to play for some time for "free". See it as an alternative to cold turkey.

I was not part of TKO, I could not. You, and many in TKO, remain in my heart.

(And Gree is not done with us yet ;)
Yours,

Ben Dover 300
12-01-2013, 06:23 AM
I have a very small bonus coming this time and my will power is not strong, if I continue to play free I will be sucked into spending. I had no problem spending when I had fun. Every time I but a vault I feel like a dummy. My only regret is not getting the top players in the game on one faction for 1 wd.

A sad moment Ben. You will set another example for others to follow. It is amazing how top spenders still continue to spend knowing that this is an unsafe environment. The sheer addiction beats reason. Many of those you have been competing against, have spend a fraction of what you have done. Your mind can not believe this, you do not want to believe this, Gree would not allow this. I wish all legitimate players spending would come to their senses but considering the amount of time and spending it took for myself to find this out i am not hopeful.

My advice to you though is dropping out just before the wd event begins. Why ruining another weekend whilst you know that stopping after the wd event will almost instantly weaken your game anyways considering the inflation. Keep your bonus and use it to play for some time for "free". See it as an alternative to cold turkey.

I was not part of TKO, I could not. You, and many in TKO, remain in my heart.

(And Gree is not done with us yet ;)
Yours,

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Crasher I see you calling people who spend money unethical. Any money you spend on anything other than basics to sustain life puts you in the same boat. Do you own a boat? Do you spend money for entertainment of any type? Do you realize how far that money would go towards feeding those without? It's not your place to criticize people for choosing when and how to spend their money, or not. Since going out to eat at a nice restraint is more a luxury, and a form of entertainment, then I have no sympathy for you when the steak is served aware instead of well done. I'm sure we can all cast stones at each other based on the way you perceive this, including yourself. Instead of sending time on such a useless and meaningless game, you should spend your time on more ethical endeavors, such and helping in a soup kitchen, volunteer your spare time spent here to helping with a charity. Don't judge others, lest you be judged yourself.

You completely missed the point. 1. The numbers being banded around here are obscene amounts of money. 2. I would send my steak back, but don't assume I got to restaurants a lot, I enjoy cooking. 3. How do you know what I contribute to society.

You make a lot of assumptions in your reply and you know what they say about that.

HayeZeus
12-01-2013, 10:55 AM
You completely missed the point. 1. The numbers being banded around here are obscene amounts of money. 2. I would send my steak back, but don't assume I got to restaurants a lot, I enjoy cooking. 3. How do you know what I contribute to society.

You make a lot of assumptions in your reply and you know what they say about that.

Gate it's the same response they give every time someone challenges them on their spending. It's easy to say that because I have so much money, and I decide what to do with that money, that my spending is always justified. At the end of the day I think it's a cover. It keeps them from having to realize that they aren't spending the money because they can.........they spend it because of their ego.

That is what Gree has mastered through these factions. Getting people to associate themselves and their own self-worth with pixels on a screen. It's not just the people at the top, it exists in any faction that has gold spenders. They want other people around them to know how much they spend and it makes them feel good. Sure they enjoy doing it, but it's ego driven. It's like a middle school popularity contest of ego-spending. This game has no strategy, and ego's will rise to the top. It is simply who wants to spend the most, wins.

Just my opinion. But I know that a lot of people reading this know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ben Dover 300
12-01-2013, 11:03 AM
The two of you have no right to put anyone down. People play this game the way they choose. If you choose to be a top player you spend money. If you have the money to spend on this game, good for you, if you don't have the money to throw away like some of us have, just shut up and play your game.

Gate it's the same response they give every time someone challenges them on their spending. It's easy to say that because I have so much money, and I decide what to do with that money, that my spending is always justified. At the end of the day I think it's a cover. It keeps them from having to realize that they aren't spending the money because they can.........they spend it because of their ego.

That is what Gree has mastered through these factions. Getting people to associate themselves and their own self-worth with pixels on a screen. It's not just the people at the top, it exists in any faction that has gold spenders. They want other people around them to know how much they spend and it makes them feel good. Sure they enjoy doing it, but it's ego driven. It's like a middle school popularity contest of ego-spending. This game has no strategy, and ego's will rise to the top. It is simply who wants to spend the most, wins.

Just my opinion. But I know that a lot of people reading this know exactly what I'm talking about.

HayeZeus
12-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm not trying to put anyone down and I'm not going to tell anyone how to spend their money. Simply making a point that might help some out. If people were honest with themselves and realized that they're spending money to feed their ego instead of their stats, maybe they would think twice about spending more. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
The two of you have no right to put anyone down. People play this game the way they choose. If you choose to be a top player you spend money. If you have the money to spend on this game, good for you, if you don't have the money to throw away like some of us have, just shut up and play your game.

I just give the facts, there is no benefit in putting people down. However, there may have been some constructive criticism in my post.

Simple fact is there will be many people getting into debt to play this game because it's addictive. They need to know how the scam works. I'm not concerned with people who have so much disposable income that they can waste large amounts of cash on here. You do what you want, just don't cry to me, that is what customer service is for.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Maybe I should set up Gamers Anonymous for all the addicts out there.

Speed ump
12-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Gate, I was being sarcastic, you're the one who began with the assumptions. I was trying to take it to an extreme based in what you began with, so you could see it, though it appears you missed that. It does not bother me in the least how anyone spends their money, it's theirs to do so. I don't judge anyone in the manner you chose to do so in your post. Zeus, you've put yourself in the same boat as crashes. Again, assuming you have a clue, and even If you did, that it's wrong or right. You guys keep acting like everyone has put themselves in a financial bind playing this game, maybe you have done it to yourself. If someone is likely to do it here, they will just as easily do it somewhere else. There's more to it than your heartfelt concern for your fellow man, as is evident in the tone of your post. Jealousy is not pretty, and is easy and obvious to see. You're not fooling anyone. My best advice is to worry about yourself, and let each player be responsible for themselves, as it is in real life. Ben obviously is not reaping the enjoyment he did when he began this game, and has determined that the cost is not justified by what he gets from it any longer. We will all reach that point someday, or the game will end, as is the nature of such things. Until my time comes, I intend to be the sole judge of the entertainment value I recieve vs what I'm willing to spend, and what else I would do in place of it. I prefer to let each person make that decision for themselves, and don't try to influence it one way or the other. When a friend leaves, I will miss them, but I do not try to talk them into staying either.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Speed

You were trying to be clever defending a friend and now yourself. Now your coming across angry. You have obviously taken my comments personal, probably because I have touched a nerve. I don't even know why you are defending yourself and what you spend your money on. If no one cries about how much cash they have wasted then no one has any reason to say anything about it. Though, if you post it in public then you will get a response, like it or not.

Hoov
12-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Hope you enjoy the retirement! Enjoy as I am staying because of friends I have made. Hard to leave them.

TheDanimal
12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
I just give the facts, there is no benefit in putting people down. However, there may have been some constructive criticism in my post.

Simple fact is there will be many people getting into debt to play this game because it's addictive. They need to know how the scam works. I'm not concerned with people who have so much disposable income that they can waste large amounts of cash on here. You do what you want, just don't cry to me, that is what customer service is for.

You have an underlying motive, my friend...
You're instigating & I think you know it. You're swimming against the tide to create drama to draw attention away from whatever is not right with you atm... take a deep breathe, look in the mirror and begin there... that's where you'll find happiness, not this instant-gratification bs to fill the void... you'll be down again in a matter of time... & the hunt for another target will begin again so that you may feel superior & better about yourself. Insanity - know the definition? If not, ask our friends in common. You're still looking for an external fix - you've just substituted poisons.

Whether you really believe what you're saying or not is beside the point. I see through your bs and will not cosign it - especially not at the expense of another. Want to do a thorough job on 8? consider adding ben to it.
Ben is making a heart-felt departure from the game. This is an emotional time for him & how dare you hijack it for your own personal gain.
It's okay to have unresolved conflict within yourself for your past, but do not project your self-resentment onto others... old behaviors my friend...
Chalk it up to overconfidence of the pink cloud? Step off your soapbox & quietly ask H.P. for some humility... & add it to your fourth when you get there... There's a reason we must learn to walk before we try to run... know your motives before you judge, lest ye be judged yourself.

HayeZeus
12-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Not sure where you pulled jealousy from - but it doesn't surprise me that you would draw that conclusion. Seems to prove my point further.

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
You have an underlying motive, my friend...
You're instigating & I think you know it. You're swimming against the tide to create drama to draw attention away from whatever is not right with you atm... take a deep breathe, look in the mirror and begin there... that's where you'll find happiness, not this instant-gratification bs to fill the void... you'll be down again in a matter of time... & the hunt for another target will begin again so that you may feel superior & better about yourself. Insanity - know the definition? If not, ask our friends in common. You're still looking for an external fix - you've just substituted poisons.

Whether you really believe what you're saying or not is beside the point. I see through your bs and will not cosign it - especially not at the expense of another. Want to do a thorough job on 8? consider adding ben to it.
Ben is making a heart-felt departure from the game. This is an emotional time for him & how dare you hijack it for your own personal gain.
It's okay to have unresolved conflict within yourself for your past, but do not project your self-resentment onto others... old behaviors my friend...
Chalk it up to overconfidence of the pink cloud? Step off your soapbox & quietly ask H.P. for some humility... & add it to your fourth when you get there... There's a reason we must learn to walk before we try to run... know your motives before you judge, lest ye be judged yourself.

Save the amateur psychology for someone who is impressed by it. The simple fact is that big spenders and addicts mess the game up for the rest of us. So don't cry to me about it, I for 1 am tired of reading about it.

Ben, nothing personal, I don't even know you? There have been a few sad departures lately and yours just came at the wrong time.

The initial post was a generic one, basically saying if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

1 more time for the rest of ya. If you gonna talk about how much money you have spent then go ahead. Don't expect sympathy.

I actually got respect for Ben for walking away. As for speed and animal, I am still not going to get personal with you, I'm better than that.

Agent Orange
12-01-2013, 05:29 PM
http://youtu.be/1b26BD5KjH0

Ferr
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
The problem is you

If I understand you correctly, a big spenders addiction is his problem and no one elses. If he gets played on that addiction then such is well deserved with so much poverty in the world. In fact big spenders should not play this game at all as you call such spending unethical. You say all this as a person who can control an addiction which, as you say, one of the toughest things you can do.
So tell me, do you hate Ben for his unethical spending or is he one of your heros for quitting the game?
Yours,

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 05:47 PM
If I understand you correctly, a big spenders addiction is his problem and no one elses. If he gets played on that addiction then such is well deserved with so much poverty in the world. In fact big spenders should not play this game at all as you call such spending unethical. You say all this as a person who can control an addiction which, as you say, one of the toughest things you can do.
So tell me, do you hate Ben for his unethical spending or is he one of your heros for quitting the game?
Yours,

We talking about Ben or you here. Where the word hate come from. It's amazing how you manage to twist around everything I said. How much did you spend again? I think there is a couple of people in Italy that haven't heard. And your still hanging around. Spending €200,000 on a game is a sickness. Get help. You don't go to a pub when your a recovering alcoholic do you.

What I am trying to preach and I am preaching is responsible gaming. Much like responsible drug use.

Ferr
12-01-2013, 05:51 PM
We talking about Ben or you here. Where the word hate come from. It's amazing how you manage to twist around everything I said. How much did you spend again? I think there is a couple of people in Italy that haven't heard. And your still hanging around.
In which case he is your hero then. Perhaps you can congratulate him instead of telling him he is the problem? That would make you a much nicer person would it not?

TheDanimal
12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Save the amateur psychology for someone who is impressed by it. The simple fact is that big spenders and addicts mess the game up for the rest of us. So don't cry to me about it, I for 1 am tired of reading about it.

Ben, nothing personal, I don't even know you? There have been a few sad departures lately and yours just came at the wrong time.

The initial post was a generic one, basically saying if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

1 more time for the rest of ya. If you gonna talk about how much money you have spent then go ahead. Don't expect sympathy.

I actually got respect for Ben for walking away. As for speed and animal, I am still not going to get personal with you, I'm better than that.

Not trying to impress - just getting a message across to someone who needs it. "amateur psychology" is knowledge I've accumulated in my time dealing with many kids like you.

So if I'm to understand you correctly, the problem is the big spenders and the "addicts"? Now since you've clearly set yourself up as an authority on addiction & how mentally taxing it is, why would you ever recommend - to an addict of this game - a solution of playing for free or with little "justified" sums of money? ...and based upon your previous rant about poverty in the world, how is any little sum in this game justified?
lol - based on your logic, should we tell crack heads that the way to beat their addiction is to keep hanging out in the trap houses, but just not smoking rock, or using small "justified" amounts?
Either you're dangerously ignorant & need to step up your program, or you have an ulterior motive and this money issue you talk about is all a smoke screen. Which is it?

Don't even begin to try and backpedal by saying you did not intend to be personal... what was the first line of your rant again? oh yeah - "The Problem is You."
So come off it with your sanctimonious diatribe.

These people who talk about how much they have spent didn't write to you - you wrote to them. You had the option of ignoring the threads. No one asked for your sympathy & this isn't your self-centered little world... you went out of your way on purpose to cause trouble with your blather, when you should be taking a closer look at your motives.

We hate in others that which we most dislike about ourselves... so next time you point that finger at someone else, keep in mind that the other three are pointing back at you.

PRIMETIME77
12-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Not trying to impress - just getting a message across to someone who needs it. "amateur psychology" is knowledge I've accumulated in my time dealing with many kids like you.

So if I'm to understand you correctly, the problem is the big spenders and the "addicts"? Now since you've clearly set yourself up as an authority on addiction & how mentally taxing it is, why would you ever recommend - to an addict of this game - a solution of playing for free or with little "justified" sums of money? ...and based upon your previous rant about poverty in the world, how is any little sum in this game justified?
lol - based on your logic, should we tell crack heads that the way to beat their addiction is to keep hanging out in the trap houses, but just not smoking rock, or using small "justified" amounts?
Either you're dangerously ignorant & need to step up your program, or you have an ulterior motive and this money issue you talk about is all a smoke screen. Which is it?

Don't even begin to try and backpedal by saying you did not intend to be personal... what was the first line of your rant again? oh yeah - "The Problem is You."

These people who talk about how much they have spent didn't write to you - you wrote to them. You had the option of ignoring the threads. No one asked for your sympathy & this isn't your self-centered little world... you went out of your way on purpose to cause trouble with your blather, when you should be taking a closer look at your motives.

We hate in others that which we most dislike about ourselves... so next time you point that finger at someone else, keep in mind that the other three are pointing back at you.

Make that Four

Gatecrasher
12-01-2013, 08:06 PM

As I said, you are welcome to keep up the personal attacks because you don't like what I have to say. That says more about you than it does me. Please though, get it right. As for the line 'the problem is you', touched a few nerves didn't it.
I recommend to addicts they seek help.
Poverty, an obvious example on how money could be better spent, there are countless others.
Spend a little? Why not, but don't go mad. (Or you end up here asking where it all went wrong)
Crack head thing, did you get that from my pub analogy further up the thread?
Other issues, smoke screen. My issue is with irresponsible gamers jacking up the prices for the rest of us. Why you think gree has gone cash crazy? Then of course whinging about it when gree treats everyone with disrespect. A lot of people bending over and asking for seconds.
Back-pedalling? Just letting Ben know my post wasn't personal to him.
This is a public forum, had enough of people whinning constantly about gree and continuing to do the same chit.
Hate is a powerful emotion, believe me when I say, I don't hate anyone associated with this game or forum
Ranting and diatribe, I thought I put forward I well thought out arguement. Will leave the ranting and diatribe for you.
I could ignore post. You have also accused me of hijacking thread. I posted 1 comment, my opinion. You and speed could have chose to ignore it and that would of been that. Instead you chose to get involved in a war of words. We're you really thinking of your so called friend when you did that?
1 more thing, it just appears to be sour g****s from a lot of people.

Analyze that.

fofito30
12-01-2013, 08:26 PM
speed; You have written one of the most thoughful threads I have read so far. Let's stop criticism on how each and everyone spend its own money.

Max Power
12-02-2013, 07:24 AM
If I understand you correctly, a big spenders addiction is his problem and no one elses.

I often wonder about that. Surely there are those here who have the means, who have the income that is clearly throw away, who effect nobody but themselves. But I wonder how many times that actually isn't the case. How many people max their cards, then can't pay and declare bunkruptcy. How many are wasting their kids education fund. How many are leaving their home and family in a financial mess. I think there are probably many cases where it actually does effect more than just them, as many addictions do.

I don't begrudge how much anybody spends or why they feel the need to do it, but I wonder how often it is truly a problem.

mistergreen
12-02-2013, 07:55 AM
I've already walked away and words can't describe how much more relaxed I've been.

Kefa
12-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Ben, you are a legend and will remain so as long as anyone remembers MW was a game. Enjoy your retirement and your next endeavors. I only regret never having gotten to fight alongside or even against you.

All the best, and it's sad that unhappy trolls have to turn your goodbye post into an accusation against your ethics.

Speed ump
12-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Danimal, well said. Gate, I was not refering to Ben, or anyone specifically. I was referring to the big spenders you referenced, and at no point do I mention how much I may or may not have spent. I support everyone's choice to spend or play free, as they chose. There are many people that the money spent is truly disposable, and would have been spent on other seemingly meaningless ways, either way. It's not my, nor anyone's right to tell them where they should spend it ( just makes it seem like jealousy again) or determine that because they do, that they a addicts, have spent all their families assets, etc. does it bother me when I see people trying to do that? Yes. We are a free country and I have fought for each one of us to be able to have the right to make their own choices. I don't believe in giving up those rights to jealous people, or to anyone who dosnt share my personal views. I will never ask someone here to stop playing, or even to play based on my views. In the end it's their choice, for their own reasons. As many times as I have seen this subject brought up, I always wonder why. Talk about the issues you have with the game itself, new ideas for the game itself. Why do we keep going back to attacks on people who spend. If you cannot spend, that's fine.ive never had a problem with people who play for free, and can't see why anyone would. Yes, the spenders are the reason why the game can exist, but we all know going in that it can be played for free, and supporting the free players is part of that, so there should not be any complaints, and I do not see personal attacks on this group here.

Gatecrasher
12-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Danimal, well said. Gate, I was not refering to Ben, or anyone specifically. I was referring to the big spenders you referenced, and at no point do I mention how much I may or may not have spent. I support everyone's choice to spend or play free, as they chose. There are many people that the money spent is truly disposable, and would have been spent on other seemingly meaningless ways, either way. It's not my, nor anyone's right to tell them where they should spend it ( just makes it seem like jealousy again) or determine that because they do, that they a addicts, have spent all their families assets, etc. does it bother me when I see people trying to do that? Yes. We are a free country and I have fought for each one of us to be able to have the right to make their own choices. I don't believe in giving up those rights to jealous people, or to anyone who dosnt share my personal views. I will never ask someone here to stop playing, or even to play based on my views. In the end it's their choice, for their own reasons. As many times as I have seen this subject brought up, I always wonder why. Talk about the issues you have with the game itself, new ideas for the game itself. Why do we keep going back to attacks on people who spend. If you cannot spend, that's fine.ive never had a problem with people who play for free, and can't see why anyone would. Yes, the spenders are the reason why the game can exist, but we all know going in that it can be played for free, and supporting the free players is part of that, so there should not be any complaints, and I do not see personal attacks on this group here.

As Hayes pointed out you seem to assume that everyone is jealous of your wealth, brave assumption. As usual though, you have completely missed the points.

I'm not jealous, I'm offended that someone with so much disposable income can waste it on a meaningless game and then have the bad sense to complain about it. Then to further add that one has lots to waste. No complaining then no reaction. How each and everyone spends there money is up to the individual. Though as I said, it is not really a problem worth complaining about in a public forum. There are people out there with real problems, this is just sour g****s.

So if you want to debate the rights and wrongs of spending obscene amounts of real cash on something that has no real value go ahead. You will lose every time because it is morally and ethically wrong. Having said that, you are free to spend your cash how you want. Just don't whinge about it when it all goes south. Because I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to do this.

12-02-2013, 11:21 AM
As Hayes pointed out you seem to assume that everyone is jealous of your wealth, brave assumption. As usual though, you have completely missed the points.

I'm not jealous, I'm offended that someone with so much disposable income can waste it on a meaningless game and then have the bad sense to complain about it. Then to further add that one has lots to waste. No complaining then no reaction. How each and everyone spends there money is up to the individual. Though as I said, it is not really a problem worth complaining about in a public forum. There are people out there with real problems, this is just sour g****s.

So if you want to debate the rights and wrongs of spending obscene amounts of real cash on something that has no real value go ahead. You will lose every time because it is morally and ethically wrong. Having said that, you are free to spend your cash how you want. Just don't whinge about it when it all goes south. Because I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to do this.

Good thing its not your money then

dledour
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Hey... give the guy a break... he's leaving the game... his choice....
wish him well and be done with it.

As for the rest of you, play or don't play..... spend or don't spend....

Just don't spew the BS around here....

Einszwei
12-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Make them slap your booty!

Ben Dover 300
12-02-2013, 04:14 PM
People spend money for their enjoyment. That can be dinner out, movies, vacations, gambling, new car, whatever. Based on your life style will be if you go to McDonalds or Peter Lugers. I personally know people that spent too much on this game and I have asked them to stop playing because of it. For a little over a year I used this game as one of my forms of entertainment. Instead of going to Vegas or Atlantic City every other weekend like I was, I played mw. This was my entertainment. Along the way I have met some really good people that has kept me playing the game longer because I know once I'm done I will not associate with many or even any of them. The game was what we had in common. What I will not miss is the handful (2 handfuls) of jerks I have come across. If you don't like something I said stop reading and move on. I wanted the people I have met in this game to know that they will not see me anymore and I will miss them. It really is not easy to just walk away from this experience especially when you are part of factions like TKO, Ferr, Sup. There's a bond that we have formed even in competition with each other and it's all difficult to press delete and goodbye.

Please just keep your negative comments to yourself it's not called for here. If you want I will start a new thread that says I'm a dummy because I spent money to entertain myself online with something other then porn and you can post all you BS there.

good gawd noooo
12-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Make that Four

actually he was correct it is 3 the thumb usually points up and is NOT a finger leaving only 3 to point at yourself. But actually pretty irrelevant.
point is respect to those that are leaving sad to see you go but everyone reaches the point.
sad others hiack this post to make it personal or ethical discusions its a goodbye NOT a political statement.
money is upto owner to justify only to himself and his immediate family not strangers on internet or phone

Again congrats for beating gree and apologies for how your post has been redirected. may you find happiness in the real world

Spazer
12-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Can you teach me how to quit the game?

JCL
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Ben, you were one of the ones I strived to one day catch up to (back when the cap was 2k units and there was no stat creep). Nowadays, it means nothing. I just left a top 450 group for a top 150 and when I started seeing dozens of level 61 players with 2.5mil+ stats I realized.... there is absolutely no point to this anymore. I've never seen such a stacked gameplay against veteran players... ever.. and I've been online gaming since Diablo in the 90s.

I'm only here now to play with friends. I have 0 desire to spend money and the 40% off didn't even tempt a bit. 9 months ago I'd have dropped a wad on the sale easily.

Back on your post... Good luck and it was fun when it was fun.

For gate, damn bro... go start your own thread. I wanted to read all the thoughtful replies before adding my reply and I had to wade through blabber ad naseum. If you were trying to troll, well played.

slayer091
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey Ben enjoy your real life :)

@Gate Shut your trap and no one is asking for your preaching here, god it was sick reading your comments. And for your information i am not a big spender but your comments are bull and annoying to whoever reads it.

Gatecrasher
12-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Ben, you have been a good sport. I wish you all the best for the future and hope you find the fulfilment you are looking for.

Copenhagen
12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
God speed, Ben. All the best.

I haven't been on the forum for several months and stumbled right off into this thread. Actually found it to be a compelling debate by all parties. It reminded me of the mad social experiment that originally drew me into this game and forum.

Cope

Speed ump
12-03-2013, 06:06 AM
Hey Copenhagen, how you doing. Still a few of us old timers hanging around

Copenhagen
12-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Doing well, Speed. Definitely old school, brother.

This thread has officially been hijacked. Sorry Ben. It wouldn't be keeping with the protocol of the Forum and a proper farewell if it wasn't.

Don't let the sunset hit you in the arse.

Thief
12-03-2013, 08:37 AM
God speed, Ben. All the best.

I haven't been on the forum for several months and stumbled right off into this thread. Actually found it to be a compelling debate by all parties. It reminded me of the mad social experiment that originally drew me into this game and forum.

Cope

Hey Cope! Good to see you back on the Forums old Friend! How is HB doing? Tell him he needs to stop by for a thread Hijacking! (Well really to say hello) Where are you guys? In REG?

Copenhagen
12-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Howdy Theif, my good man. I'll pass along the message to HB. Taking it off line in PM.

camper killer
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
yes if you see HB ask him to drop me a line or two as well.

Copenhagen
12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
yes if you see HB ask him to drop me a line or two as well.

Ask and you shall receive.... Introducing the one and only, HB.

hb bombers
12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Wazzup Up????

Fl@sh
12-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Wazzup Up????Have you always had the clown in your avatar?

Copenhagen
12-03-2013, 09:33 AM
The clown was Stricker's handy art work.

hb bombers
12-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah Stricker made it for me right before he left. Has anyone heard from him?

hb bombers
12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey Fl@sh, How you doing buddy? Haven't talked to you since the very first WD battle, when we were a part of REG.

Fl@sh
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey Fl@sh, How you doing buddy? Haven't talked to you since the very first WD battle, when we were a part of REG.Doing pretty good, how about yourself? We've all come a LONG way since the first WD. Those were some fun times.

Copenhagen
12-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Naked 🍒 pie was All Time best!

camper killer
12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I have not seen nor heard from Stricker since he left. The same for Seqwins. I hope he came home ok, its been a year since his deployment.

Gambit12
12-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Nice! Good to see the old timers here! Never heard of HK for a long time now. Not sure if she retired already...

Thief
12-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Wazzup Up????

HB Brother! You have been missed! Love the Avatar!

Doing pretty good, how about yourself? We've all come a LONG way since the first WD. Those were some fun times.

Never had the opportunity to play with you flash but its still good to see you back on the forums....(although not too many reasons to drop by these days..)

I have not seen nor heard from Stricker since he left. The same for Seqwins. I hope he came home ok, its been a year since his deployment.

I smell Poop? Was it you Camp Killer? :P

Nice! Good to see the old timers here! Never heard of HK for a long time now. Not sure if she retired already...

Hey Gambit another friendly face. So i gotta know do you spend more time in KA or MW now that you are semi-retired from both?

CAPT.GIN
12-04-2013, 10:28 AM
I quit the game a while back, sold off my base and deleted the app! The game got to boring and we all know all the issues with it and Gree, I still stop by here from time to time to pm old friends, see threads like these with many of the legends in the game posting! But really one of the other main reasons I stop by is to see if Gree finally got there act together and made the game better and less headaches for us all but yet it's still just a hope and not a reality, noting has changed and it's still just about the money! I 100% will not come back to this game, but after all the money I spent I never looked at it as paying to play the game but I look at it as spending that money for all the great memory's I had in the game and will all the friends I made here, I seen them all from sup, to the emperors to ferr and boss man speed ump, yes I even remember back back in the days when cc mark was still around, and other people who use to work for Gree, I also remember war priest, seqwins, and the rest of the people I met along the way on this crazy game lol which later on in life I will look at it as a great memory and say where has the time gone! yes I also remember the crazy days where flan and I would troll the forms just for the hell of it and give everyone great laughs, yes great times those where, but just as everything else in life.... All great things must come to a end...

honest Abe
12-04-2013, 09:17 PM
She is also semiretired. Still see her once in awhile on GM. She may still be around here once in a while and perhaps plays ka.