PDA

View Full Version : return gold

KFH
11-29-2013, 08:24 PM
You did it for last event that was messed up so we know it's possible to return gold to people that used it. now do the right thing and return ever piece of gold people used for this scam of a LTE. people play certain events knowing that some are gambling and some are not, you have made this into a complete FU to the customer....
ill be waiting for my gold refund or go through other channels

kguittar
11-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Second this! I'm pissed about the direction gree has taken. It's a complete screw you to the consumer, the people that keep the lights on...

JMS
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I've seen a lot of screwed up gree events and am usually one of the first to call them out when justified but what exactly is your beef on this one?

KFH
11-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I've seen a lot of screwed up gree events and am usually one of the first to call them out when justified but what exactly is your beef on this one?this is absolutely unacceptable, they advertise a common event that has a certain amount of energy per hit. You know the exact amount of gold you need, then on some they give 100% drop and on another platform they give a Radom drop ( just my example 800 gold for 3 of the 8 ships I need for ten). If people are spending money then they have a right to know changes made to the game. I would never have spent 50 dollars on a pixel but with my calculations it would have only taken me..well less than 240 bars. I didn't buy a scratch ticket I bought gold knowing what I would get when gree decided to add the chance of drop option they made it gambling and probably illegal

DFI
11-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Personally, I think the drop rate idea was great and I don't have an issue with it at all. However, if the drop rates were different for droid vs ios, then that is problematic. On 10/10, I think it took me 18 tries or more to get the final one down. Anyone from sup get a better hit rate on iOS?

jrb22250
11-29-2013, 10:30 PM
18...LOL try about 26 trys.

But I still understand. Everyone wants everything, the best, Just handed to them. Not every goal will be possible. People need to understand that.

Not sure about anyone else, but this event was horrible for the Server delays on IOS and Android I was not able to get on.

VetteDream
11-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Took me 8 kills and 340 good to finish level 10

SpikeyKit
11-30-2013, 12:35 AM
My team mate hit the final unit and got 32 kills and 0 drops. Im in agreeance with the top post

Gen CheeBye
11-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Return the gold to all affected android players as well. We were locked out of the game hours on end...some of us missed the box event so that's another reason for reimbursement.

I'm not from SUP but I damn well know a screw up when I see one. Do the right thing for once.

essayons
11-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Return the gold to all affected android players as well. We were locked out of the game hours on end...some of us missed the box event so that's another reason for reimbursement.

I'm not from SUP but I damn well know a screw up when I see one. Do the right thing for once.

Agreed. There were far too many issues in the past couple days. I bet they wish they had a rewind button; it would be much easier for them!

Woodie
11-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Agreed. There were far too many issues in the past couple days. I bet they wish they had a rewind button; it would be much easier for them!

Agree with most of the above posts. GREE needs to make clear up front if its a chance event. I calculated gold required based on normal LTQ kills and had no reason to believe this was any different. By the time I got to 9 and started getting 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 drops, it became expensive, but kept going because I'd spent so much

Bottom line - If I had know at the start it was down to chance I wouldn't have spent the money in the first place

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 01:22 AM
I have the game on droid and iphone.. I checked out data drop on both devices. The drop rate for the final loot item was 0.5.. ie 50%.. So each time you try it you had a 50:50 chance.. I normally don't defend gree, but this event was based on chance and therefore you can't assume how much gold it was going to cost... for me it cost 600.. but i was lucky. I got 10 in about 25.. Just under the 50%

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Fyi - loot items have always been based on chance

Bobar
11-30-2013, 01:34 AM
it was said itīs loot items. so i am afraid we cant complain about this. BUT the drop rate was very poor to make us cash cows. and with this gambling another fun aspect has been killed. gree destroys theirselves and make customers run away.

krabbie
11-30-2013, 01:35 AM
I can't say I'm surprised by this new way of taking money out of our hands. FLTQ's were the only way where with careful planning we could decide how much gold you have to spend to get that unit. Now this has also become a gamble... So guess who's not going to invest ent more money in this gambling business where you can't even figure out your chances. Don't even think this is legal!

Harvest1969
11-30-2013, 01:37 AM
In my case i got to 7/8 kills in lvl10 then ichecked in the factiongoal wtf only shows 5 kills, reset the app and now it only shows 5/8 in the invidual aswell burned alot of gold finaly completed lvl 10 droprate like 27-28% im on ios.
I completed both the individual event and the factionevent. Then i looked in inventory i got the advanced maruder battleship and the siege battlecarrier but hello my combined price the mauruding warship is not there!!!
This event resulted in 2 tickets for Gree support to handle. Some advice to Gree put your things together otherwise people will flee this game in thousands.

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Drop rate was 50%...

If you toss a coin 5 times in a row and get 5 tails, does that mean the odds of tails are good and heads bad?
Nope - Each attempt you had was 50:50

I personally dont agree, because you can't calculate your spend but everyone had the same odds, but rely on the luck of thr toss

krabbie
11-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Drop rate was 50%...

If you toss a coin 5 times in a row and get 5 tails, does that mean the odds of tails are good and heads bad?
Nope - Each attempt you had was 50:50

I personally dont agree, because you can't calculate your spend but everyone had the same odds, but rely on the luck of thr toss

This is just not true. On Android I had a droprate of 100% and my teammates on ios had a droprate of around 5% in the final hours. This was just an event to screw us out of our money. But no more, no more! This will be the end of Gree making tons of money on this game

essayons
11-30-2013, 02:27 AM
The issue at hand is NOT the variable drop; we get that. The problem has been stated over and over again; Android users' drop rate was at 100%, while iOS users suffered slim to no chance of a drop rate.

Before any of you trolls try to prove something on someone's thread, do you read all the comments about the issue? Try that next time and save yourself the ridicule.

One man army
11-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Took me ten kills to get one ship please tell me that isn't a horrible drop rate.

GeoffW
11-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Completely agree.
I was running Android and iOS devices side by side. The drop rate for Android was around 90% or better through the whole event. Drop rate for iOS was OK at the start, but by goals 9 and 10 had dropped to worse than 1 in 4.
This is not a matter of probabilities and the possibility of getting 5 heads in a row as someone put it. The chances of getting that difference in drop rate are vanishingly small, and in any case the same difference has been experienced by many people.
I spent approx 450 more gold on iOS compared to Android, and my iOS account has double the regen rate, so I also got more free hits in on iOS.

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 05:16 AM
This is just not true. On Android I had a droprate of 100% and my teammates on ios had a droprate of around 5% in the final hours. This was just an event to screw us out of our money. But no more, no more! This will be the end of Gree making tons of money on this game

Someone said this is not down to probability. .. but that's exactly what it..

Do you not understand chance? I have it on multiple android and ios platforms.. sometimes IOS was better and sometimes Android was better.

But more importantly. I transferred the datadrops onto my pc and converted to xml.. The drop rate was set to 0.5 for both platforms. .

Just remember you can't prove chance. Thats why I used to concept of tossing a coin

Lets say.. the objective is to toss a coin a get 5 tails
You have two teams.. women and men
Men average 15 tosses for 5 tails and women average 7 tosses for 5 tails...
Does that mean that fate or god or whatever you believe in has geared this towards women

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Completely agree.
I was running Android and iOS devices side by side. The drop rate for Android was around 90% or better through the whole event. Drop rate for iOS was OK at the start, but by goals 9 and 10 had dropped to worse than 1 in 4.
This is not a matter of probabilities and the possibility of getting 5 heads in a row as someone put it. The chances of getting that difference in drop rate are vanishingly small, and in any case the same difference has been experienced by many people.
I spent approx 1200 more gold on iOS compared to Android, and my iOS account has double the regen rate, so I also got more free hits in on iOS.

I spent 600 gold (IOS)

DFI
11-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Someone said this is not down to probability. .. but that's exactly what it..

Do you not understand chance? I have it on multiple android and ios platforms.. sometimes IOS was better and sometimes Android was better.

But more importantly. I transferred the datadrops (.plist files) onto my pc and converted to xml.. The drop rate was set to 0.5 for both platforms. .

Just remember you can't prove chance. Thats why I used to concept of tossing a coin

Lets say.. the objective is to toss a coin a get 5 tails
You have two teams.. women and men
Men average 15 tosses for 5 tails and women average 7 tosses for 5 tails...
Does that mean that fate or god or whatever you believe in has geared this towards women

Oh, now I understand. 🚀

GeoffW
11-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Yes eggiebert, I do understand chance pretty well. Your examples of coin tossing could describe perfectly likely outcomes. It depends on the size of the teams. If the teams were small, then your outcome is quite possible. If though the teams were large, say a 1000 men and 1000 women, that difference would be extremely unlikely.

The point here is that the difference between Android and iOS is marked and consistent over many drops and between many people.

GeoffW
11-30-2013, 05:38 AM
Sorry, should have said I spent approx 1200 gold on iOS, and that was about 450 more than on Android. I will correct the original post.

eggiebert
11-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Yes eggiebert, I do understand chance pretty well. Your examples of coin tossing could describe perfectly likely outcomes. It depends on the size of the teams. If the teams were small, then your outcome is quite possible. If though the teams were large, say a 1000 men and 1000 women, that difference would be extremely unlikely.

The point here is that the difference between Android and iOS is marked and consistent over many drops and between many people.

But we are just seeing the negative side here.. People come on here to complain about the fact that the appeared to have bad odds (while droid did well).. but what about all the people that apparently had good luck.. They wont come on here, as they have no need to complain.. Within my two factions it was fairly evenly dispersed. A few for the droid users gave up as it just never seemed to drop while other ios guys got level ten in as little as attempts..

But the only thing I know for sure, is that the data drop had a 50% chance on both devices

DaBoss!
11-30-2013, 06:30 AM
But we are just seeing the negative side here.. People come on here to complain about the fact that the appeared to have bad odds (while droid did well).. but what about all the people that apparently had good luck.. They wont come on here, as they have no need to complain.. Within my two factions it was fairly evenly dispersed. A few for the droid users gave up as it just never seemed to drop while other ios guys got level ten in as little as attempts..

But the only thing I know for sure, is that the data drop had a 50% chance on both devices

Finally, someone who uses a different color than black

DTA-HOG
11-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I spent over 6000 gold in this event. When I found out droid had 100% drop rate I paypaled my teammate $120 to finish the fltq for me. I wish I would have known that from the beginning I would have sent him $240 and saved myself a lot of gold. I sent a ticket to gree.

Philly982
11-30-2013, 08:24 AM

Well said. I am in a couple of factions that both had a mix of iOS and Android users getting good drop rates along with iOS and Android users getting terrible drop rates. I have Android on two accounts and can testify that neither had a 100% drop rate so the perception that Android had a 100% drop rate and iOS did not is false. I will say that one was lucky and had a pretty good drop rate, but the other seemed to be dropping one out of every five.

To back up your example on the 50% chance, opening a crate with a cash open is supposed to yield a 50% chance of opening, but I have gone over 25 times in a row without a single open on multiple occasions. Was it bad luck.....probably, but with that being said I can definitely understand players feeling taken advantage of by Gree. Gree needs to realize that perception can be more detrimental to this game than what is really taking place in the game mechanics. If an event seems buggy, glitchy, unfair, etc. to the players playing this game then we will see it as such, whether or not the game was actually working as intended. Couple that with Gree's track record of over past events and it is becoming safe to assume that the events are just not working properly.

I do not think that this was a good event and it definitely sounds like quite a few players got the shaft whether one wants to call it bad luck, Gree tampering with drop rates, drops not counting, etc.

krabbie
11-30-2013, 09:13 AM
With his way of reasoning, eggiebert would pass the exams on gree's job interviews for their helpdesk I think... What a load of crap. Drop rates on Android were 100%, on ios they were terrible, no discussion possible!

Philly982
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
With his way of reasoning, eggiebert would pass the exams on gree's job interviews for their helpdesk I think... What a load of crap. Drop rates on Android were 100%, on ios they were terrible, no discussion possible!

Care to discuss why neither of my Android accounts had a 100% drop rate then if all Android players had it? I am not arguing that iOS had it worse, as honestly I do not know. All I can say from the small sample size of two factions that I am in that a few Android players did receive drops on all targets and a few iOS players received drops on all targets. There were some Android and iOS players that were not receiving drops at all. The majority of our iOS and Android players were somewhere in between.

I calculated the drop rates for both of my Android accounts. My main received drops on about 80% of targets and only 75% of those were registering for an effective drop rate of 60%. My second account received drops on about 60% of the targets with 90% of them registering for an effective drop rate of 54%. Not sure how that equals 100%, but I will take your word for it.

Gatecrasher
11-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I gotta smile at this one.

I use android and iOS and the drop rates were just as bad as each other. I've hit the level 10 3 times on both accounts today for the 2k item. Android dropped 2 iOS dropped 1, though iOS was better on earlier rounds.

It sounds like a bookies after the favourite goes down in here. Everyone crying fowl, jockey held Bach, horse doped, rigged. Heard it all before. If you didn't want to gamble you shouldn't of played.

You pays your money and take ya chances, don't come crying to everyone now ffs. Besides, moaning will get you nowhere, having the will power to say no and demand more is what gets things done in this environment.

mia201
11-30-2013, 12:15 PM
What's wrong with you Gree????

Gatecrasher
11-30-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll add, I'm sitting on some gold and had a good hard long think about this ltq. At 18000 energy for 10 kills(had 1 prepped) for the item plus 10 wrecked marauders looked pretty good. Reason I didn't was because of the drop rates. No guarantee of getting an item every kill. Was well aware that this could end up costing a lot more. Plus no bonus on the item. For a +2 energy I may have been willing to gamble. It's the muppets who spend without rhyme or reason who are screwing the game up for the rest of us.

GorillaGuerilla
12-01-2013, 09:53 AM
I got a response from Gree. I imagine I'll have a few thousand extra gold in my account come monday

Hey xxxxxx,

We are currently investigating the reports from our players about the drop rates in the 24-hour LTQ. We will update on this as more info becomes available, and we apologize for any inconvenience experienced in the meantime.

Regards,
xxxxx

Well, don't get your hopes up too high - I've in the past contacted Gree with similar requests regarding issues like resetting of pre staged targets - and even resetting of targets during an event...
I've never heard a word from them since - either they have a memory spand of a goldfish or they think we do...
But please let us know if they did return you anything but a big feeling of emptiness....

jrb22250
12-01-2013, 10:22 AM
I will not get on the Drop Rate and averages.

My thing was Servers Down and Lag. Missing a lot of the event forced others to use more gold to finish within time frame.

Gold should be returned at least 50% used during event. 100% to make good, 150% to so you care....

Anyone want to wager that no one will get anything back?

GorillaGuerilla
12-04-2013, 10:17 AM

My thing was Servers Down and Lag. Missing a lot of the event forced others to use more gold to finish within time frame.

Gold should be returned at least 50% used during event. 100% to make good, 150% to so you care....

Anyone want to wager that no one will get anything back?guess the odds are way too bad for that...

danieldkim
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Anyone want to wager that no one will get anything back?

HAs anyone gotten a reply back on this?

DFI
12-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Bump......

Mighty Min
12-09-2013, 12:06 PM
HAs anyone gotten a reply back on this?

I did - contacted both iTunes AND my credit card stating an app developer using illegal in USA 'bait-and-switch' tactics and defrauded me of my money AND would NOT provide ANY valid support other than 'ticket closed, your issue resolved' or 'are you still having issues' type of responses.

Couple back-forth and I got offered to get refunded ALL of my in-app purchases for past 6 months - needless to say i gladly took it, now GREEd can shove this game and their stupid servers stuck to their even more lamer geek squad running this mess and shove it up their ASSES !!!

I'm addition and GREEd free !!!

^_^

mreilly
12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
bait and switch is illegal in canada as well. i've heard of other friends getting refunds as well....

Mighty Min
12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
bait and switch is illegal in canada as well. i've heard of other friends getting refunds as well....

Interesting, also, one of iTunes support supervisors [needed to ask to escalate this to higher level review] advised me to refrain from in-app purchases of this 'unpredictable app developer' as they may not be able to provide refunds if i do spend on them again knowingly what may happen. He also said iTunes is aware of increased refunds requests from this developer - I guess I'm not the only 'lunatic' that games get messed up, accts locked, just openly screwed customers more appearing demanding refunds i guess

No need will be for me - all of GREEd titles erased from all of my devices now, GREEd-FREE life lmao

jrb22250
12-09-2013, 12:33 PM
We understand that there were a number of inconveniences experienced with the 1-Day LTQ event. To help resolve this, we have awarded the following for affected players, based on goals completed during the event:

-- Completed Sabotage for the Holidays goals 1-3: Refurbished Mig29C

-- Completed Sabotage for the Holidays goals 4-6: Contractor Commando

-- Completed Sabotage for the Holidays goals 7-9: Advanced Marauder Battleship

Additionally, if the Faction: Thankful for Units goals had been completed during the event, and the Advanced Marauder Battleship from Sabotage for the Holidays was received, the Marauding Warship wrapper prize was awarded to those that had not received it.

While we understand your concern, at this time, we are not offering any further compensation. Please let us know if you have any further questions on the matter.

Regards,

Team GREE

Sent to BBB (google bbb if you are unaware of who they are)

nkeywithdnb
12-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Christmas Gold from GREE.

jrb22250
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Why is this guy banned now?

Sfritz1
12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Well the reason you were probably ok with the drop rate was because your a communist!!!

Personally, I think the drop rate idea was great and I don't have an issue with it at all. However, if the drop rates were different for droid vs ios, then that is problematic. On 10/10, I think it took me 18 tries or more to get the final one down. Anyone from sup get a better hit rate on iOS?