PDA

View Full Version : Android Now Completely Unplayable

pb23
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM
You guys mentioned "looking into it" but I wanted to Make sure that the community communicated to you how severe the current issues on the Android are.

- game will not connect at all in many instances, stating no Internet connection, which is false

- news feed items delayed for hours

- cannot visit other players base to attack or raid

- if you are lucky enough to click attack, more often than not you get the "player cannot be attacked" message

- cases took up to 5 minutes to open

- bosses aren't being triggered

- maps are not loading making this 1 day LTQ something of a chore...

- some players can't take advantage of the 40% of gold sale due to being unable to complete a transaction

So, all of these issues have appeared within the last 5 days... coinciding with the release of the case event. Prior to that everything had been churning along nicely.

This thread is an effort to:

A.) Supply you with relevant information minus the immature whining

B.) Get some answers provided to the community

C.) Kill some time since my game is currently not playable anyways.

All in all, these issues make playing the game pointless, and I urge you to QUICKLY release a patch fixing the issue to the Android community. The last thing I want is to stumble on even MORE nuked bases when I'm trying to raid.

johnnybravoo77
11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Same problems here, plus one more; cannot purchase gold! Im not a big spender, but gree is losing a another sale.

Brizzol
11-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Also grinding to a halt here.

Blade of 3
11-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Can't buy gold if you can't open the app...

whitefire
11-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Any server action takes about sixty seconds if at all. Doing a boss by looting takes 5-15 minutes per boss. And thats a one hit kill.

Absolutely ridiculous........

TechChief
11-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Rival bases takes ages to load if at all.

The game continually disconnects - if it's in the middle of a raid - it results in not being able to raid the building at all - which has been an issue for a while.

This is on top of the "regular" Android bugs that have been there for months. How hard is it really to fix the FLTQ "Contributors" list so it shows all contributors and not just the first 4.

If Gree doesn't really want Android users - why not just cancel support for Android? :mad:

bxhx
11-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Definetly losing money today.

AlexFoo
11-29-2013, 02:03 PM
well.. to be honest, the lag on the apple side isn't much to cheer about last 24-72 hours either lol

FromAfar
11-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Gree is.a group of worthless wads! This is ridiculous! And not a response from anyone at gree. Gotta love holiday weekends.

Vaulting money takes over 30 seconds IF you don't get the server timeout error.

Fighting the boss, the boss looks as of doing perverted things.to.that poor pump.gun for over 30 seconds.

Typical gree!

FromAfar
11-29-2013, 02:18 PM
And yes,, Apple is having issues, but no where near as bad as android. Hands down android is much worse

pb23
11-29-2013, 02:20 PM
As hard as it is to refrain from throwing insults and jabs at their apparent incompetence... let's keep this thread on topic so we can have a shot at learning what they are doing about it and what type of time line we are looking at.

This significantly impacts multiple events where factions are counting on their players to perform.

Some answers would be nice so we can plan. If you have similar experiences, post them here!

Blodiea
11-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I can't get back in game. I have been spending gold to finish event which now I can't.
It takes minimum of 60 sec for any action when I could actually get on. I got charged multiple times for energy refills. Not a happy customer!

dpghost mobile
11-29-2013, 02:32 PM
I add myself to the long number of angry clients
wasn't able to add the care packs, almost imposible to trigger boss, this is no way to play!!!!

pb23
11-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Pb they've had two years to sort their shot out and it's Judy getting worse,don't kid yourself they may care or get something right,they don't give a ****!

I'm well aware of their struggles to reliably test their software before pushing it out... I'm also one to acknowledge that several of their Devs have made an effort to reply to a few threads in the forums. I'm hoping for legitimate solutions and be it fair or not, I've noticed extremely quick replies to threads that give Gree praise, while threads that bash them go unanswered.

I don't need another place to vent about my frustrations... I can do that in my faction chat lol. I'm hoping for a response to let us know they're working on it and hopefully when it will be fixed.

What?
11-29-2013, 02:36 PM
The boss pumps his shotgun about 60 times before being hit. The only thing epic about this event is how long it takes on android.

Brizzol
11-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Come on GREE, this is taking the piss we can't play and have two events to finish.

CJ54
11-29-2013, 02:44 PM
No update on this yet, except that we're aware that this is serious and are investigating. I will let you guys know as soon as we have an update on this.

dpghost mobile
11-29-2013, 02:52 PM
No update on this yet, except that we're aware that this is serious and are investigating. I will let you guys know as soon as we have an update on this.
At least somebody is saying something, thank you

11-29-2013, 02:53 PM
I am one of those who cant buy cold keeps saying connection era. Boss wont triger and when it finaly does 30 min gone off timmer because it triggered 30 min ago just didnt load. Then when I try to hit it says connection era.ltq was horendus to finish. Oh did I mention I cant buy gold

Gen CheeBye
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I dozed off 5 hrs ago and when I woke up still unable to connect to the server. 10 boxes left to reach 500 and I've lost that completely. Now, may even lose out on the 24 hr LTQ event.

I should sleep more and play less MW? Seems like I'm being pushed towards that decision.

And if I can't log into the game, I can't send a ticket to support to claim back gold spent on trying to collect 500 boxes and also completing individual LTQ? CJ or any mods, please tell me how am I to request compensation from gree. Thanks

FromAfar
11-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Cj, how are you going to make right for the people that are hosed and just as importantly, their faction mates? All we ever here is hollow words! We see endless.blunders! Forget the talk, walk the walk! Gree fails that test on a regular basis!

It's been over a year since your create counting bug was reported, still no fixes, and yes tickets get closed WITHOUT RESOLUTION. I guess it keeps mismanagement unaware of how bad REAL RESOLUTION to support tickets really is. tickets closed- sure, resolved is.a.whole nother issue.

andy2
11-29-2013, 03:21 PM
At the very least this should be another event that gets extended a day. Half of our faction cant log in to help with the fltq. Not to mention people missed the end of the care package event.

pb23
11-29-2013, 05:05 PM

While it is nothing concrete, I do appreciate the acknowledgment. Thanks CJ.

alanlod
11-29-2013, 05:06 PM
been having all of the issues also just started on cc too but mw seems fine now

alanlod
11-29-2013, 05:08 PM
yep defo working normally again on both my accounts

CJ54
11-29-2013, 05:17 PM
been having all of the issues also just started on cc too but mw seems fine now

Latency should be back under control now for all games.

alanlod
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
cool ill check cc but mw defo fine now for me

Rug23
11-29-2013, 05:22 PM
CJ yes all our faction reports both devices working great now. TY

alanlod
11-29-2013, 05:26 PM
yeah cj54 thanks for keeping us in the loop cc is definately much better but i only had the issue for a little while however MW was like this yesterday and its been like this for hours left android players with a distinct disadvantage on 24 hour ltq as well as affecting boss event its now getting later in the uk and we have missed a chance to get them done unless we dont sleep

Rug23
11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
CJ IOS users are reporting that they are not getting ANY drops on the mission 10/10... After 8 kills not 1 drop!

Stonedawg
11-29-2013, 06:13 PM
I receive the [trouble code: unable to install database. You may need to free up some space to continue.] well I have deleted everything else on my phone and it still won't work.

PITA4PRES
11-29-2013, 06:17 PM
I receive the [trouble code: unable to install database. You may need to free up some space to continue.] well I have deleted everything else on my phone and it still won't work.

I had that same error message show up for two different boss events. I was so pissed off because that was the one event I wanted my llp to be able to participate in. The second time it happened I was locked out of the game for a month. Hope it gets fixed for you quickly.

PITA4PRES
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I dozed off 5 hrs ago and when I woke up still unable to connect to the server. 10 boxes left to reach 500 and I've lost that completely. Now, may even lose out on the 24 hr LTQ event.

I should sleep more and play less MW? Seems like I'm being pushed towards that decision.

And if I can't log into the game, I can't send a ticket to support to claim back gold spent on trying to collect 500 boxes and also completing individual LTQ? CJ or any mods, please tell me how am I to request compensation from gree. Thanks

FYI--in the future if this happens, look for an old ticket if you have previously requested support. I copied and pasted the info but made sure to let them know that I couldn't access my game to send in a new ticket. That way you have the information about your device and can let them know if you are using the latest version. Some of the information may not be completely accurate, but it has worked for me in the past.

Gen CheeBye
11-29-2013, 06:51 PM

If I send a ticket will I get any compensation for missing the box event? I was just about 10-15 boxes short of reaching 500 target before I was completely locked out from the game server. If you guys don't compensate then I wont waste time.

Looking forward to your reply.

pb23
11-29-2013, 07:36 PM

I have noticed a significant improvement in game play. Can you provide details on what caused this?

essayons
11-29-2013, 07:40 PM
I have noticed a significant improvement in game play. Can you provide details on what caused this?

I've had problems most of yesterday and all of today. It "seems" to be running smoothly now. That's great and all, if there weren't events going on. It doesn't matter though... no front page news!

oakletixfan
11-29-2013, 07:42 PM

I cant use my gold to play. I hit the refill and it just keeps loading and loading and never refills.

AndreGoJ
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM

God, you're ANNOYING. ; )

pb23
11-30-2013, 02:10 AM
God, you're ANNOYING. ; )

I've heard this before. Somewhere.....

Go to bed.

Sparkle
11-30-2013, 05:46 AM
I thought all the slow load times and disconnects were Sprint since they varied through the day. Surely we all don't have Sprint. It's Gree again! QUOTE=TechChief;1096077]Rival bases takes ages to load if at all.

The game continually disconnects - if it's in the middle of a raid - it results in not being able to raid the building at all - which has been an issue for a while.

This is on top of the "regular" bugs that have been there for months. How hard is it really to fix the FLTQ "Contributors" list so it shows all contributors and not just the first 4.

If Gree doesn't really want Android users - why not just cancel support for Android? :mad:[/QUOTE]

Speed ump
11-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Well I found android to be unplayable before all that. My hat off to those who have suffered through playing this game on that platform, you have far more patience than I do.

pb23
11-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Well I found android to be unplayable before all that. My hat off to those who have suffered through playing this game on that platform, you have far more patience than I do.

It has gotten far better as of August of this year. The recent slow downs reminded me of the old days when every third raid was a force close.

Goldfinger007
11-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I am playing on Android 4.4 Kitkat (my awesome new Nexus 5) and for the last few days not counting yesterday the game was slower than molasses in January. Now it seems to be back to normal (just in time for Boss and LTQ)

CJ54
11-30-2013, 04:25 PM

It turned out to have been a combination of server issues (which were affecting both platforms) and the Android Widget (which was only affecting Android, which is why the lag was worse on Android). We're not yet sure why the Widget started acting up, but we disabled it until that is sorted.

pb23
12-01-2013, 12:39 PM
It turned out to have been a combination of server issues (which were affecting both platforms) and the Android Widget (which was only affecting Android, which is why the lag was worse on Android). We're not yet sure why the Widget started acting up, but we disabled it until that is sorted.

I noticed the android widget causing significant latency issues in the past and disabled it many months ago. Dramatic increase in performance.

Secondly, the Latency issues are back. The moment the LTQ was released, Android performance got blown apart. I have no widget active... so it has to be something else. Coincedentally, the conclusion of the last case event LTQ marked the end of the initial issues.

I would wager your problem has something to do with event coding rather than the widget. Hope this feedback helps, and we greatly appreciate your communication to us on the matter.

Bobar
12-01-2013, 12:41 PM
ups gree did it again...

Rug23
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah right back to super glitchy and SO SLOW IT HURTS!!!!!

ProXR 440
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I was so happy to see MW running fast and smooth when I woke up this morning but I knew it wouldn't last long! As expected as soon as the event started we're back to the same painfully slow servers...

Jetwit
12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
it's no longer just android issues, The lag and sluggishness has now started on iOS. I have 4 devices and several in my faction have noticed this issue. some have had their progress erased as they are trying to do the current event.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
12-01-2013, 01:01 PM

Negative. Latency is still being experienced on iPad. For example, protecting the vault takes several seconds. I have the newest generation of iPad running v7.0.4

Sgt Squirrel
12-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Agree. Although the widget may be stopped now, andorid app is still inanely unplayable because of how slow it is. I bought gold and watched my phone for 60sec before it refreshed.

Lag of over 30 seconds for things like attack boss. Travlleing to maps, vaulting, attacking boss, loading game. please help Gree.

pb23
12-01-2013, 02:39 PM
UPDATE: Latency has improved quite a bit. Still not 100% but we are back to playable... kind of.

Still requires occasional force restart in order to bring up next stage of LTQ.

Hoov
12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
My android is having the same problems, super slow, connection problems. Etc etc etc
Frustrating. My big player no problems but on a ipad