PDA

View Full Version : The end of streak teams?

Top Dawg
11-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm sure most people who'd participated in the Financial District war will agree - well, perhaps with the exception of FC and SAS1 - that the last match of every streak goal was almost always against a much, much tougher opponent. We've already had that earlier discussion on how streak teams were getting matched up with Top 10 teams. Clearly, GREE tweaked the matching system to make sure no one wins the top prizes for cheap, especially streak teams.

To those who were in streak teams, or were considering joining or forming a streak team, I have to ask - What now? Will you still continue with your streak team and risk winning neither streak prizes nor position, will you join a full 60-member team (or return to your old teams), or have you come up with new strategies to get to the final streak prize? I'd like to hear from you.

PawnXIIX
11-28-2013, 12:08 AM
I can't say we ran into that issue really. We hit FC too many times to start and ran out of time in the end because of the slow start we had.

krcibe
11-28-2013, 12:41 AM
We managed to finish the streaks despite being matched twice to Fight Club with our mini-squad (7 accounts under level 70) Took us some extra gold because once we met them at the end of our 7-win streak, but we made it...last teams were indeed harder to beat compared to the firsts...

Top Dawg
11-28-2013, 08:57 PM
I would really like to hear from more people who were with streak teams the last 3 wars.

Previously the justification for streak teams was that you could still gain as much or even more than if you were in a top-ranking team and possibly with less gold, if you complete your streak and total wins goals. But now that the matching system has been tweaked it has become so much harder to get there, and even if you do, it may involve having to out-spend a full 60-member top team that you're matched with.

So the question is, what's next for those of you who were with streak teams?

sister morphine
11-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if my 2 account syndicate counts as a streak team, seeing as it was a solo effort, but in all the battles fought I only once encountered a player who could beat me. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but the team I was matched with for my 6-streak was a gift. Playing almost free (I had 330 gold on my LLP, mostly for refilling if a wall had to be destroyed) meant I had gaps between most battles, rather than going back to back. Whether that has any bearing on matching might be worth considering.

Also, I didn't chase the ILTQ prizes so scores were kept low. Only went above 3k a couple of times.

Captain Torgue
11-28-2013, 10:14 PM
well, perhaps with the exception of FC and SAS1

FC didn't get their last two streaks :)

Dirtidawgidvas
11-29-2013, 11:19 AM
I went 9/9 last time but feel it wasn't worth the top 25 item and others. I won't running with a streak syn again