PDA

View Full Version : Will selling my defensive buildings...

Death666
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Effect my characters mafia defense stat?

leroyingo
11-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes. Each building has a defense stat. Times that by your syndicate building defense modifier and you will get how much it contributes to your defense stats. Buildings are all but useless now, with 1 ltq prize equivalent to a whole hood worth of defense building.

Skillz4You
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I have found they do nothing anyways........
They show in ur profile as an increase. Then if someone attacks u they see a lower defense number.
The defensive buildings are just fluffer buildings. I have tested this by looking at people's profile before I attack, then attacking. Very very different numbers.

sister morphine
11-27-2013, 09:13 PM
The defence building value you see when you tap on one doesn't reflect reality. Read the thread listed under Stickies: Best of the best. You can apply whatever syn mod you have to that, but notalot times a little still equals nothingmuch. :p

Phillip99
11-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Yeah, isn't it funny that people spent gold for defense buildings.

MattThomas08
11-28-2013, 06:32 AM
I have found they do nothing anyways........
They show in ur profile as an increase. Then if someone attacks u they see a lower defense number.
The defensive buildings are just fluffer buildings. I have tested this by looking at people's profile before I attack, then attacking. Very very different numbers.

Level 1 defense building provides stated value.
Every level above that provides 50% of stated value. Don't ever upgrade them, build the level 1 if you like having them.

sister morphine
11-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Level 1 defense building provides stated value.
Every level above that provides 50% of stated value. Don't ever upgrade them, build the level 1 if you like having them.
I thought it was stated value on level 1, then 50% of level 1 value for each above that (not rounded up). The only ones worth having really are ones with small footprint and high level 1 value - Gatlings, missile turrets...

noamlin
11-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Defense building are great!
Almost as good as buying henchmen!

tom73
11-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Sell them all and update a nc. I sold 50 level 3 (mostly) gattling guns and d stat only dropped about 4000 irc. D buildings are worthless and make your hood look dumb.

Death666
11-29-2013, 07:07 AM
D buildings are worthless and make your hood look dumb.

Well at the risk of looking dumb lol, I'll tell you that I currently have 3 neighborhood watch buildings all at level 9. And maxed out number of Gatling guns. I built all these long ago when I was still learning how to play the game and before I was in a syndicate, maybe even before there were syndicates.

My current defense is at 881,179 and we have 30% defensive building bonus in my group. So it looks like the consensus is well all my defensive stuff? I'm not the best with numbers can anyone tell me about how much that will effect my 881k?

Fruit of the Boom
11-29-2013, 07:34 AM
My current defense is at 881,179 and we have 30% defensive building bonus in my group. So it looks like the consensus is well all my defensive stuff? I'm not the best with numbers can anyone tell me about how much that will effect my 881k?

Sell one of them and see how much it goes down.

Death666
11-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Sell one of them and see how much it goes down.

Good idea can't believe I didn't start out doing that. I just sold a single Level 1 Gatling gun, dropped my defensive stat 33 points. Don't think I'll be selling anything else.

sister morphine
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Good idea can't believe I didn't start out doing that. I just sold a single Level 1 Gatling gun, dropped my defensive stat 33 points. Don't think I'll be selling anything else.
Ah, but the drop you see is the profile value of the gun not its true value. The best way to find out the real value is to ask a friend to attack you, tell you your true defence that they see in the battle screen, and then sell one defence building and repeat.

In the case of a level 1 defence 'building' there would be no difference, but not so with buildings above level 1