PDA

View Full Version : Boycott gold until gree sorts out the mess !!!!

free play
11-27-2013, 03:44 AM
it's simple, boycott gold until the mess is fixed, no point in posting how had gree are because it's all over the forum already for the past 6 months, the only way gree will listen is to stop feeding them money, 2 or 3 weeks if no money will and could force a change. The game was fun 6 months ago, the few at the top of the pyramid will continue to spend but the average player make up for most if the money that gree make, why complain when tee won't do anything about it, hit gree in the pocket, I for one will not spend another dime on this game, I enjoy it but it's gone beyond ridiculous right now

keeskiller
11-27-2013, 03:59 AM
but people that want that big a$$ unit from 140k are going to get it nevertheless..

free play
11-27-2013, 04:28 AM
true but they are only a few compared to the many that play the game and buy small amounts if gold on a regular basis, it's the only way gree will listen and sort it out if the hit in the pocket, we wouldn't mind if the events were just out if reach and had to buy small amounts of gold, more would spend then, there are more players buying trucks of gold from time to time than vaults,

Blade of 3
11-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Sales seem to be going down anyways. The gree apps are falling in the grossing category on the android market.

SGT Rud
11-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Sales seem to be going down anyways. The gree apps are falling in the grossing category on the android market.

1st - this logic doesnt say that. Thats about the worst fallacy Ive seen of jumping conclusions to date.

2nd - I ve heard people try to raise boycotts before. The biggest push was back in Columbia if you were here for it. It doesnt work. Why, because nobody actually cares. What the outcome would typically be, what I think, is...
Take 3 gold spenders, they all cry boycott, one of them decides "ill buy gold and get a bigger unit and be better stat than the other two" - problem? All three think this.

During the biggest boycott trying to get made and the forums here will filled with this non-sense, also what I think was the largest amounts of WD points drawn in the top 10 teams during any WD.

1GaDawg85
11-27-2013, 07:04 AM
Boycotts don't work around here....simple as that

Dutchie
11-27-2013, 07:28 AM
I stopped purchasing gold many weeks ago now and this was a personal decision. I can't justify throwing money away at a broken game where each event is consistently fudged, nor will I ever spend another penny on any GREE game, now or in the future. Boycotts don't work and each person needs to make their own decision.

The game is so unbalanced and there will never be a level playing field. There are many other games out there which are far more balanced that don't require obscene amounts of money to get anywhere. Even some of the people who did spend big have made the decision to leave and I don't ever see fresh blood coming in that have any sort of chance, even with the stats inflation. This game peaked in Ireland and it is on a slippery slope to nowhere ever since...

free play
11-27-2013, 07:39 AM
what happens when the game stops, which it will, everything does, people will realise then it's just a game that they wasted so much money on, such a good game up to August this year, to much has gone wrong since then, it's like gree know there on a sinking ship and trying to get what they can before it goes down, that's why I won't spend another penny on the game, clash of the clans is calling

Big Red - Nomad
11-27-2013, 07:45 AM
I too stopped buying gold 2 months ago when the radical inflation struck. I now have a baby at lv 28 that is stronger than my big account was three months ago but baby only cost $50 to get his stats and I don't even what to think about how much the big account spent. Why spend money when gree steals the power through inflation anyways?

deaddan
11-27-2013, 07:57 AM
boycotts, have been attempted many, many times.. ,And everyone is correct they have all failed, but.... they did get us a 40% off sale :rolleyes:

Blade of 3
11-27-2013, 10:15 AM
1st - this logic doesnt say that. Thats about the worst fallacy Ive seen of jumping conclusions to date.

I said they seem to be going down, I have enough common sense to understand that other apps can be increasing.......
Learn the difference between assumption and an accusation.

SGT Rud
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Then why make the statement?

Generik79
11-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Basically, replying to Rud.

1. I'm not sure you are right that this is a total fallacy, but I do think it's not quite right. What had happened in WD spending dropped significantly. However, interim event costs SKYROCKETED to at least match the level of prior WD spending (other than first/second/third, which Ferr's departure and deals between the top 3 teams has lowered). Now, on top of the huge increase in interim events costs (in gold and time), the WD individual attack ltq (at a goal of 1200), has come close to equaling what my level player (Top Ten) was having to spend before the changes to WD 4 wars ago. Now, add in one new twist, which is coming, an individual WD points leaderboard (as they have in KA)...and you can increase cost even more. Next, watch the raid boss roll out. The cost of the game will be close to double what it was in most wars to stay at a top ten level.

2. I agree boycotts don't work. While your comment is logical here, I don't think this is why. It's more rudimentary even than that. A. the guys/gals who complete every event (mostly) no matter the cost in gold or time do not care IN THE MOMENT about that cost. Over time, they care, and many of them disappear or retire slowly. But in the moment (1-2-4-6-8 weeks at a time), they will go all in. B. New spenders. Many of these are people who didn't get too into this until last Spring at the earliest. These people didn't go through the gold bonus change in March (which has cost me over 2k dollars, and others much more). So they are unperturbed by the cost re bonus. And they see the game cost rising with the stats, so are also unperturbed in that regard. These two things, I think, more than any other, mean that the game is still going even with an increase in cost of gold and time that we would not tolerate in real life in this short period.

3. I agree that the spenders have complained and still driven more and more. It's embarrassing to consider as one of them. Many of us spent, for a long time, just about as much as the AVERAGE top 3 player, but still let their clans get away with things GREE would never do for us. Does that stop us from going top ten? Nope. I think back, to your point, about a certain faction that was quite upset (as we all should have been) when the health regeneration exploits were exposed. That faction burned through all their gold in one war. They are still around to this day, however, still top players, still in the 10s of millions of stats. Now, some have even moved UP to higher spending clans. It's just not in the nature of players, I guess, to put their money where their mouth is in this game. That included me for a very, very long time, and I'm ashamed to say it.

-gs

SGT Rud
11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks GS, that was much more than needed, but point taken. My example above was just one of many that could be taking place in the event an actual boycott was to happen. I agree in full with everything except the fallacy part.

Denying the antecedent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent) – the consequent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consequent) in an indicative conditional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indicative_conditional) is claimed to be false because the antecedent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antecedent_(logic)) is false; if A, then B; not A, therefore not B

The arguement was A (Gree app is at the top of the chart) and B (profits are not falling).
if A=B, but not A does not = B

Sorry, just had a little humor writing this one out.

Ferr
11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Please, please be aware that many of the apparent top spenders are in no way top spenders at all. Please, do not compete with that group of players if you are using real money for that. For all others, play the game for free or with minimum spending.
Yours,

keeskiller
11-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Please, please be aware that many of the apparent top spenders are in no way top spenders at all. Please, do not compete with that group of players if you are using real money for that. For all others, play the game for free or with minimum spending.
Yours,

Ferr, as a old faction member mentioned to me, he now spends evenly ammount of gold to be part in a top 10 faction than he was doing in our faction, back when we were fighting for top 250..

it's just that you get better goals and hit more, with more and better faction bonuses.. their stats are still skyrocket? So that is why they don't spend so much gold? Or am I wrong..

Generik79
11-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Yours,

Well, said, I have few regrets in life, and don't regret my time in the game, at all, but I do regret the money (while insignificant in amount to me). The challenge would have been in free play or very little as Ferry said and competing with true competitors in the 100-500 range of WD rather than at or near the top. Touche.

Juan V
11-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Of course gree has "sponsored" players to help drive up spending - same reason a certain level of cheating is tolerable

Max Power
11-27-2013, 01:35 PM
This thread seems to be a repeat of a million threads before it. I hope the venting feels good, cuz it sure isn't gonna change anything.

Generik79
11-27-2013, 01:55 PM
This thread seems to be a repeat of a million threads before it. I hope the venting feels good, cuz it sure isn't gonna change anything.

100% true, feels great lol

Sirius
11-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Alright folks,

I'm going to have to lock the thread as per our rules. I do appreciate some of the constructive and informative feedback that was offered in here. It has been noted.

/closed.