PDA

View Full Version : Is it 2 years for you?

Everson25
11-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone! I have been chatting with some members of my faction and realized that in some days I will be playing this game for 2 years. Yes, very sad! I tried to quit once but my addiction made me come back and nowadays I spend a lot of time chatting with friends which I made on MW. Sometimes I even forget to play the game and carry on chatting.

The game changed so much in so short period of time that made many here lose the will to carry on. So before I become one more of retired players I would like to check how many players around forum have been playing for around 2 years. It would be great to say 'hi' to old friends.

Anyway, be free to say something if you are really a Veteran!

Ivan the Dictator
11-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Does one year playing count as a veteran? Deff not a rookie. So then I'm a crossbreed between the two lol

Thief
11-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Downloaded sometime in Mid-December of 2011. In Reallity though i didn't do much with the game until after the holidays as i didn't get hooked instantly and was focused on getting XP in initially :D

Not many 2 year Veterans around it seems (more in the 1-1.5 years) but then again the golden units you use to get back then wouldn't even make it into your top 3000 these days.

I remember my Strategy back then was to build up my IPH to get 2000 Stealth Bombers and 2000 Aircraft Carrriers. I remember thinking it would take me forever....

I honestly would have stayed a free player in this game if it wasn't for Factions though. That is what really made the game interesting...

I will say i hope i don't make it to year 3...as i'm sure the units they will be giving away will be 1 million in stats by then.

Ivan the Dictator
11-26-2013, 08:37 AM
More like a billion.

Brian24
11-26-2013, 08:39 AM
It'll be 2 years for me on Super Bowl weekend

Apollymi
11-26-2013, 08:41 AM
I have been here around 2 years. And I am not going anywhere anytime soon. But I will say that I also tend to start talking to people and forget to play the game occasionally. Either that of one of us disappears for a few mins and its just cause we went in game. Lol

Everson25
11-26-2013, 08:48 AM
One of amazing things I remember is that some of us trying to come up with best strategy of how to get enough money for Nano, 20m. It was fun!

Great to see you around Thief!

Jhenry02
11-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I don't know about 2 years but it is pretty close.

Remember....
The first event was the unofficial iPh event with the elite base defense?
The first unofficial pvp where it was most attacks or raids won.
The first official event was the case event?
The pre WD scandal of turning concrete into some gold unit.
The original pre faction wars with sisters of mercy, Royal Navy, and pun.
Lurking the forums trying to figure out how those guys got 80k defense.

Ahh, I was just reminiscing with a friend of mine last night how we were level 170 ish and 40-50k stats back in January.

And Everson, remember the 400 palm trees?

-J

Everson25
11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
I remember first box event. Everyone was so excited to play for such big unit.

I think my first box event prize can't make my army anymore... Lol

Everson25
11-26-2013, 09:09 AM
How can I forget the trees.. Lol. It's funny looking back!

Mr Sunshine
11-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Well since you've come clean I'll own up as well and admit to 2+ years :) I was on the verge of deleting the game when factions showed up. I quit for a a while too but here I am again. BSing with faction friends truely is the best part of the game.

Luuzer
11-26-2013, 09:17 AM
11 months ;)

BigD@wg
11-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Yep, still here.

This a good thread and a very sad thread at same time. Sad I haven't broken myself from this game yet. Lol

Thief
11-26-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't know about 2 years but it is pretty close.

Remember....
The first event was the unofficial iPh event with the elite base defense?
The first unofficial pvp where it was most attacks or raids won.
The first official event was the case event?
The pre WD scandal of turning concrete into some gold unit.
The original pre faction wars with sisters of mercy, Royal Navy, and pun.
Lurking the forums trying to figure out how those guys got 80k defense.

Ahh, I was just reminiscing with a friend of mine last night how we were level 170 ish and 40-50k stats back in January.

And Everson, remember the 400 palm trees?

-J

Yes I remember the IPH event. I remember buying a Geo Plant instead of a composites at the time with my Tapjoy because it wasn't clear to me how you would get it and i wanted to make sure i would boost myself. If i remember it was something like 100k for under lvl 100 players and over 200k for over lvl 100. Then Gree botched the whole thing (big suprise) and you had to send in a ticket in a 3 day window if you wanted your EBD. It was my number 1 unit for sooo long.

I remember the Crate event and getting soooooo frustrated. Why would someone create such a horrible event (*Note to self as i try and open 25 now)

If i'm not mistaken the Boss Event was the 2nd Official Event (Although it might have been an auction event before that...)

I Also loved trying to figure out how to get a Nano! That was a blast I think it was a very stressful 5 days for me when i went over vault to purchase. Then i was focused on getting those amazing oil Rigs upgraded.

I can't purchase Palm Trees ("Can't Purchase...you can only own 200 of those") Yet i should also say i have 0! I Was so pissed with gree way back when i sent multiple tickets...with no avail...

Jhenry02
11-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Remember your initial 10 gold?
I spent mine speeding up constructions the first time I played.
Gotta get that barracks up so I could buy snipers!!!!

Jhenry02
11-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Gotta add, remember thinking VIP status was a joke. I had many occasions where I had sheets and sheets of 9 digit codes laying around. My roommate thought I was going all "John Nash" on them.

Blade of 3
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Don't know the exact day but yeah I've been playing for 2 years. I think it was right when the app released because it was in the top ten free apps at the time.

Agent Orange
11-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Been just over 2 years, If JMC were around he would be most likely one of if not the longest playing forum member. I would be just behind him by 1-2 days. We had MW released in Canada around Nov 11, 2011 and I had a pop up on my iPad advertising this game so I downloaded it. Sadly there are many of the original players who were very active on this forum and who posted some very insightful messages no longer here.

To say that things have changed is an understatement. Some for the better but also a lot for the worse. Support was particularly non existent back then, other then the odd response from Crime City Mark here in the forum.

The game even way back then was in a constant state of flux, always called this the only strategy game I have ever played where not having a strategy was the best strategy.

The biggest screw up back then was with the Stealth Frigates, many of us figured out that if we attacked the crap out of rivals that we would build up a nice pot of valour. This was then used to buy the Stealth Frigates which Funzio had messed up on in terms of cost vs power. So free players way back then were some of the strongest players in the game. Funzio realized this and suddenly changed the cost of the attack and defense stats of the units which set off a furor here on the forum. Then after several players got support to give them refunds for valour Funzio suddenly changed the values back to what we see now but also increased their cost. But some of us held back and didn't cash out, so Funzio suddenly radically changed the death rate of these units and they were suddenly dropping like flies.

The moral here, never think that this game is a fair fight, it has not and never will be....

Then General Insane showed up and the game has never been the same since. If there is one real legend of MW my vote would be for him, whoever he is. :rolleyes: You see back then nobody figured that someone would spend their way so quickly to the top, myself included. So he was labeled a hacker and called all sorts of names in the forum. But he showed all of us how fast you could build an army that nobody could beat, until a few other folks with equally deep pockets turned up and then it was game on! He also showed us that having an army stronger than everyone else meant you did not need an economy, you just raided the crap out of everyone else. So he had a very spartan base. Which was a very logical thing to do, why give up resources to an enemy that could take advantage of it and that is how the 'cloak' was born...

That was probably the most interesting period of this game, and from where PUN was spawned. Partly following the old saying, if you can't beat them join them. But perhaps more fittingly, if you can beat them and join them then decimate everyone else.

Other then a game my wife got me started on on Facebook this is the only online game I still play. Tried the other Funzio/Gree concoctions but most are just regraphiced versions of this game engine and have since been deleted.

So why do I still play, I think partly because I'm hoping that one day the game will actually work the way it was supposed to..... ok just kidding! It won't! But mainly it's because of the other players who over the years have become friends and team mates. If it wasn't for this aspect of the game this app would have been nuked a long time ago since I have a very low monetary investment in it compared to others.

kguittar
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
its been 2+ years for me also.
I remember looking through all the buildings and thinking i would never be able to afford a nano building.

I also remember saying to myself why the heck would anyone buy gold?? Now i don't even like adding up the numbers in my head of how much i have spent. And yes, its all because of factions, i was gold free until then.

BostonHammer
11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
It will be two years for me in mid-December. I remember when the forums were useful and fun and it was worth checking out everyday especially as a free player. Now, not so much.

Agent Orange
11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
You guys that are 2+ years, what are your in game names? Mine was Niteshooter before I changed to Agent Orange to reduce confusion.

ShawnBB
11-26-2013, 12:59 PM
You guys that are 2+ years, what are your in game names? Mine was Niteshooter before I changed to Agent Orange to reduce confusion.

I'm always here with you. Still a clean free player so far. Happy thanksgiving!

Speed ump
11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
My first name was stephen.

Jhenry02
11-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Gunnery Sergeant

Durt McGurt
11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Hit 100k at level 170. Those were the good ol' days. Day 622 for me. Same name.

http://i42.tinypic.com/dyveb6.jpg

Lancerdually
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM
2 years coming mid December :( whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fubar
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM
2 For Me! Started over several times, and now have 4 players playing actively at different levels.

KFH
11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Gotta add, remember thinking VIP status was a joke. I had many occasions where I had sheets and sheets of 9 digit codes laying around. My roommate thought I was going all "John Nash" on them.thats great i remember family looking at me strange when finding pages and pages of codes. think they thought i had gone of the deep end.
My favorite memory was counting the number of indestructible above 50 in stats and thinking i was the man :)
almost 2 years for me, stop playing for a bit so maybe a little under

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
11-26-2013, 03:47 PM
2+ for me as well.. Especially if you count CC which I started day 1. Yeah.. Pretty crazy to think of all the changes since funzio went out the door.. And the massive amount of time I've wasted with this. It's an addiction no doubt. My in game name has always been the same. .

The first box event in CC paid a unit called Diamond Duster (I think). It was a gun.. Had a +1 Respect per fight buff.. And was around 200/200. I remember thinking "MY GOD MAN! 200/200!"

The nice thing about being a veteran.. Is that these LE buildings are a cakewalk.

Simonbremer
11-26-2013, 04:17 PM
I downloaded the game just before new year 2012. I'm mostly a free player so have only got to level 208, but I still enjoy playing the game.

Chris_
11-26-2013, 04:30 PM
I'll be at 2 yrs the end of this month. Never would have thought to play this game that long

commandNconquer
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
it is already passed two year for me ... living in canada i had one week pre release i think!

what made me love the game was hope. hope that with great strategy and long time investment could compete with gold buyers (first freemium game experience). that love is obviously long gone but i still enjoy leveling up my base and trying to complete some challenge.. also from time to time i destroy some noobs base just for fun. i wonder too why i havent deleted the app sometimes ahah

Speed ump
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Actually not that much has changed. pirates still rule this games.lol

Jhenry02
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
I remember general insane. Never had to face off against him though.

I remember my first WD "fight." Back when I had like 80 allies I was visiting them each day for the $1,000 bonus. I was bored and read their walls and saw this *##hat insulting this persons wall and saying violent and hurtful things. This began a near month long assault on this offender by leveling their base. I remember thinking the big boys are going to duke this out. But, I threw some punches in there. I lost a lot. But this person went from 2:1 win/loss ratio to 1:2. I wish I could still find the offender.

I became "game friends" with this ally and still exchange messages every now again as well as the occasional love tap. They are an amazing person.
Some of you know this person, but they prefer anonymity. There are a lot of memories from this game we can share; sadly that is why most of us still play.

-J

Luke7676
11-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I've been playing since the US release. And it is pretty crazy to think that it has been that long already.. I quit using the forum for awhile, and I decided to come back. Now looking around, hardly anyone that I used to chat with is around anymore. It's good to see some familiar names again.

However, I do miss the good ol days, when hk, wp, ok and that tard bigflan was still around spamming the forum with nonsense.

Chimera
11-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Two years in Jan. Logged onto game everyday. Read the forum almost everyday. No gold. I wonder what will happen to the game.

Procyon
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
2 years a few days after this Christmas. Downloaded MW on a whim when I got my first iPad as a gift. Found the forum in Feb 2012 after I got waxed by a guy with the chocolate submarines which is still the most ludicrous unit ever offered. Well, the Cupid unit is up there too.

Spunky
11-26-2013, 06:33 PM
yes over 2 years for me playing CC. what were they? exploding snowballs? I was about to quit when they announced the syndicates. that made it interesting again. now with the inflation, easy boss and cheap LTBs I guess I have won the game! Not much point continuing unless something changes back. Will see what happens. If the game shut down right now I wouldnt mind in the slightest.

Mr Sunshine
11-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol, I forgot about the chocolate submarines. Those were great.

LuLu:)
11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Hey Ev. Jan will be 2 years for me. I remember trying to save for those nanos. Bronson and Aidan liked to poke fun when I finally upgraded those.😝 Hard to believe how much time and $ we've all put into this. I've made some good friends through the game. We had a good time in here back in the day.

Einszwei
11-26-2013, 09:37 PM
I remember general insane. Never had to face off against him though.

I remember my first WD "fight." Back when I had like 80 allies I was visiting them each day for the $1,000 bonus. I was bored and read their walls and saw this *##hat insulting this persons wall and saying violent and hurtful things. This began a near month long assault on this offender by leveling their base. I remember thinking the big boys are going to duke this out. But, I threw some punches in there. I lost a lot. But this person went from 2:1 win/loss ratio to 1:2. I wish I could still find the offender.

I became "game friends" with this ally and still exchange messages every now again as well as the occasional love tap. They are an amazing person.
Some of you know this person, but they prefer anonymity. There are a lot of memories from this game we can share; sadly that is why most of us still play.

-J

First WD was the opening gateway for us all everyone from then on either became a gold spender or a LLP

Robbb
11-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Been playing MW for over 2 years, a lot of things have change in the game. When the game inflation came around I though about quiting, but Im still here and still a free player, like I tell my girlfriend when she is asking what am i doing on the ipad "I'm playing that stupid addicting game" Guacho is my id name have you seen me before? Lol

lemonhaze
11-27-2013, 12:52 AM
2+ for me as well.. Especially if you count CC which I started day 1. Yeah.. Pretty crazy to think of all the changes since funzio went out the door.. And the massive amount of time I've wasted with this. It's an addiction no doubt. My in game name has always been the same. .

The first box event in CC paid a unit called Diamond Duster (I think). It was a gun.. Had a +1 Respect per fight buff.. And was around 200/200. I remember thinking "MY GOD MAN! 200/200!"

The nice thing about being a veteran.. Is that these LE buildings are a cakewalk. lol ya i agree i just went over 20m iph myself..thats one the reasons i never gave up this act bc of those old LEs 1st three that was by far better then all others compared to time and output

Tournai
11-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Yep, still here.

This a good thread and a very sad thread at same time. Sad I haven't broken myself from this game yet. Lol

Yoo BigD@wg Great to still see you here!!

Thunder Child
11-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Two years next week (Dec 5th)!

Not sure whether to smile or cry....

Everson25
11-27-2013, 04:38 AM

Not sure whether to smile or cry....hey TC! We started same day. Great to play with you on same faction. But I need to agree that it's coming to an end for more and more veterans.

I know that there are others around still but It was great to see Agent Orange, Lulu, Luke, Speed and others which I suspect were using other names before ... lol. Let's hope for more names come forward.

Dockman
11-27-2013, 04:46 AM
Although I don't post much on this forum, I have been here for 2 years too. I'm still addicted and still a daily player.

Everson25
11-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Hey Dock! Good to see you around too.

There was a time many of us used to worry about casualty rate. I also remember on forum so many deep explanations of how some of calculations were done. Nowadays, some of us attack blind and don't care about return pay back.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
11-27-2013, 05:06 AM
lol ya i agree i just went over 20m iph myself..thats one the reasons i never gave up this act bc of those old LEs 1st three that was by far better then all others compared to time and output

No doubt.. The people who hadn't already built up decent iph once AC, AMR and AV came out have totally missed the boat. I'm hoping for a $1 Billion build cost AC2! Lol. Lets see what they do.

Generik79
11-27-2013, 05:31 AM
It's also almost two for me. And with that, I will break the addiction you mentioned. It is time for this to be a memory of a short chapter in our lives.

ploop
11-27-2013, 05:46 AM

Not sure whether to smile or cry....

how about both?

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
11-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Good luck sir.. Good luck. I hope to join you in the promised land soon. On a similar note I have started a GA: Greejunkies Anonymous (not to be confused with Gamblers Anonymous). It's a 12 step program for people trying to quit. "God.. Grant me the serenity.. To accept the changes Gree makes.. the courage to not scale up spending... And the wisdom to know this is futile"

Jhoemel
11-27-2013, 06:11 AM
Wow this brought back a lot of memories from the early forum days.

I dont know when i exactly downloaded mw, i just played casually until i got to level 90 where i got smoked everyday. Level 90 with 25k/25k stats, or 15k/15k lol. Imagine the stat difference now. Hahaha

Then finally got addicted to the game and all went my free time. Lol i remember the frustrations i have together with bigflan (remember that guy or gal i dont know. Lol) that we never win the crate event ever. Get stuck with 9 with 4 days to go and not get it. Lol. Finally won it once though :)

And those casualty rates, i remember buying warthogs and snipers as attack meatshields and transports/medics for def.

Ah the good ol days. :)

BostonHammer
11-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Great thread. Funny some of the things we use to discuss or worry about; from meatshields to what the highest att/def you could have to casualty rate, now all distant memory. IGN is BostonHammer - 180355088 for any 2 year veterans who would like to be allies.

whiskeybravo
11-27-2013, 08:30 AM
2 years in December for me as well.

Jhenry02
11-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Lol meat shields, hazmats ftw!

Zulu1981
11-27-2013, 08:53 AM
I have played this game for 2 years. Been a faction leader of 60 great guys since i founded it. Have all the bonuses except 1 and remember the excitement of the first faction event, (which GREE messed up), (nothing changed there). (I like consistency).. It was a early form of the FvF where we all raided and attacked to get the AVN Sub. I think it was 350/400 ish attack. Big unit in those days. Nobody knew it was on until the unit popped up in the top 100 factions rather than the top 50. Usual outcry on the forum.

Anyway i've seen most of our big guns sell up and donate to the faction as they burnt out. Too much gold needed etc etc.

I see new players to my faction desperate to not fall behind and borrow on their credit cards to try to keep up and look good.

I cant be responsible for the actions of others, but what i can do is boot all the players in the faction and close it down. That way maybe most will move on and do something more constructive with their time and money.

I know its drastic but i cant support GREE ripping off customers and overcharging for rubbish. So what i can do as a responsible person is remove 1 tiny element of this perpetual scam.

Goodbye dear friends. ....... I'm coming Devlin, PJ and other friends.

Led
11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
My second year anniversary is in the middle of December.

Delicious
11-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Over 2. Will play til I die. Gree, may I leave profiles to my future children in my will?

Procyon
11-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Ha. Flan. Meats shields. Causality rates. Wow. Haven't seen those words in here for a very long time. Can't recall who it was but there was a regular that used to post about never losing a battle and never having been successfully attacked. Had a perfect record. We were just talking in our faction that now losing 3.6m per raid a few times a week ain't so bad. And we're losing to players with 4m attack and 200k IPH.

Remember the flan craft?

IGN is Colonel Beauregard.

Luuzer
11-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Ha. Flan. Meats shields. Causality rates. Wow. Haven't seen those words in here for a very long time. Can't recall who it was but there was a regular that used to post about never losing a battle and never having been successfully attacked. Had a perfect record. We were just talking in our faction that now losing 3.6m per raid a few times a week ain't so bad. And we're losing to players with 4m attack and 200k IPH.

Remember the flan craft?

meat shields rocked. Crappy infantry units to defend leopard tanks and fighters from getting destroyed :D It was a nice one :D

Snow Bunny
11-27-2013, 04:17 PM
2 years in December for me, camped long enough to get an army of all tactical blackbirds. Wasn't the smartest decision by me, I got played by gree lol. If this was a free game with no updates I'd be pretty tuff right now. 😂

-->FISH<--
11-27-2013, 07:56 PM
It's good to see some of the old guard still around. I have a ticket to ride this train and it has been a ride. It took me almost two months of game play before I found the greatness of the forum. Sensory overload for the first month, sorting out all the information and trying to keep up with the witty banter. Now my IP address gets banned for no apparent reason but, I still come back and build new buildings........

LarryJackson
11-27-2013, 08:26 PM
It will be 2 years on Jan 6th. I never got into the forum until recently to help out with the walk-throughs. I do remember the days before faction, working like crazy to get a nano. Getting mugged for lunch money via PvP. Almost quit before factions was getting bored, but then faction friends became more important than game.
Wonder if we we get a 2nd anniversary prize or just another 1yr prize?

Jhenry02
11-27-2013, 09:21 PM

Remember the flan craft?

That was that idiot from Nelson's victory. Needless to say, he didn't have a perfect record after the first WD when we ran up 100,000 on them.

Warzoneone
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Almost 2 years for me ,lol