PDA

View Full Version : New Breed of WD

SGT Rud
11-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Currently, two factions are NOT war-ing with each other on the side lines, but the fuels are there and ready for a spark. Other than seek and destroy missions of relentless searching through your rivals list to find members of another faction that you believe to still be there based off of old intel from the previous WD. Who knows if they are still there. The only time these two factions will ever meet is in WD, here on the forums, or through some back door channel on the chat app of your choice.

What would be an interesting game feature? Well, a way to declare war on another faction outside of WD. Some way I could search through their faction members not in my rivals list. Some kinda of gaina winning faction could get out of some obscure battle of this nature. Perhaps a new rivals list. Not one built on players, but one with factions listed. Each faction in a certain level range, then I couldnt just go picking on very weaker factions (such that a top 10 faction cant go beat on some top 4000 faction).

This new breed of battles could happen at any moment without notice, whether the other team declares or not. The other team can fight back during the same battle as well. Battle could last 30 minutes, and would not be able to declare again on the same faction in a 24 hour period, but they could back to you once in a 24hr period.

pb23
11-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Good concept Rud. I like it.

MikeG
11-26-2013, 07:38 AM
I like the idea, but even "Real" soldiers get time away from front line duty. maybe have it a week a month. this could happen as in real war, you pick your target and attack time, its not random.

SGT Rud
11-26-2013, 07:53 AM
It would be an option thats always there, just like in standard PvP with your rivals list, you will have one with a list of factions in your tier. To fit the game play, you would assume two factions, on the road to whatever country we are going to fight for in WD, would cross paths and have a mini battle.

Instead of using health and health packs, you would attack and raid the other factions bases with stamina. When you declared a mini 30min battle, the normal WD screen with a list of opponent faction members pops up, similiar to how your regular rivals list works, and you get the choice of raid or attack. The only difference is the opponents are either way higher or lower level than you, and they are all members of a specific other faction.

You can even just make it a replacement for FvF. The points calculated to who the winner is could be BP. You could either run this event all the time, run it all the time except for the week running up to WD, or run it in place of FvF and have it every weekend that WD is not.

You could either make the points counted as BP, or make them more faction points that we have collecting already. Then use the faction points to purchase things, such as chances at common/uncommon/rare prizes. You could make those prizes a individual purchase, or a faction purchase in which the entire faction would get the same prize. Faction points could then follow you to which ever faction you go to.

Or perhaps you could make the prizes non-upgradable faction bonuses, sy something like a +3% more WD points from an attack in WD. Then faction bonuses would be just like individual bonuses. You have boost buildings which compare to normal faction bonuses, then you have boost units which would compare to the new-nonupgradable faction bonuses.

SGT Rud
11-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorry - I just keep getting more and more ideas on this topic.

Another option is only being able to declare one battle per 24 hour period from day 1 after WD until final day prior to the next WD. Remove the 28 days of prizes, add a boost to the unit, and re-issue the prize as a won unit for the newly created faction battle. Each day is a regular unit, but on the 4 major days (days 7,14,21) are boost units, and the final day is a non-upgradable faction bonus. Granted they are not 28 days between WDs, but the major days could be shortened.

You could make it so that that if you win yours through declaring an attack. If another faction declares on you, you can only prevent them from getting it.

Ivan the Dictator
11-26-2013, 08:36 AM
I like. Diez characters

DRR_Deng
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Very nice concept this really sounds nice i hope they will do something with your idea Rud im looking forward 2 play your idea

Kill Joy
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
great idea.

I would also like to see a war(s) where the top 20 teams only fight each other. then 20-40 only fight each other, and so on. No *****ing about unfair match ups, everyone fights teams that are in their ranking.

or

By wins/streaks. If you are on a 5 win streak, you go up against another team that is also on a 5 win streak, Where the better team will win.

Keep it simple. This is Gree we are talking about.

SGT Rud
11-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, its not a replacement for WD, you will still have those match-ups during that event, this is another thing altogether.