PDA

View Full Version : Case events vs. FvF tournament

Kefa
11-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Please give us back the fvf events and you can keep cases/crates/packages/vials etc. I mean, if people enjoy them, play on, but please bring back the tournaments. I won't spend a penny on the gambling events, but I'll spend gold for stamina refills in tournament.

Richard79
11-25-2013, 08:23 AM
What he said

SmoothCriminal
11-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Dont listen to these fools, fvf are crap. It takes to long to find someone who gives good points because you wont do anything about the rivals list. Always full of weak players

DTA-HOG
11-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I too hate the case events in a way. I don't play much modern war when they go on so I spend my time more do constructively. I spent 200 gold the first case event I played and I will never spend another dime on them. fvf is my favorite event by far. Please bring them back!

Big John
11-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Prizes suck in fvf.

SGT Rud
11-25-2013, 08:41 AM
FvFs for me are a love/hate relationship. If the prizes were worked out better then the FvF would be a better event. ie: in WD make the boost units all stat increase bonuses, but in FvF, make them other modifiers such as 10% increase of BP and -5% building time reduction. Then we can all get the units we are wanting out of each event.

But instead of making FvF every weekend, make it one weekend between WD. ie: fight for the WD countries capital. I think of the game a world war thing, one we battle for one country, we move on to the next. Might as well not have some kinda faction tournament like its a league we fight every weekend. Have the event fit the bill of war.

Richard79
11-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Dont listen to these fools, fvf are crap. It takes to long to find someone who gives good points because you wont do anything about the rivals list. Always full of weak players

By that reply i take it your always at the bottom in your faction! My faction love the fvf not for the units! Not to place in the top whatever but for the interaction and compertiveness within our own faction. You get to see just how active your members are and if you knew anything about the fvf you would have a list of targets to hit so you dont need to spend forever looking for a target. Dont hate the game change your tatics

SmoothCriminal
11-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Sniff sniff.... that was a beautiful speech. Yes im always close to the bottom because the prizes were never worth all the xp gained. Every event is faction based now so theres plenty of time for you to "bond" with ur team we dont need fvf every week like they were doing. It is by far the most boring worthless event

rar
11-25-2013, 09:46 AM
+1. yes, every weekend it was a chore, but once between wars would be great.

FvFs for me are a love/hate relationship. If the prizes were worked out better then the FvF would be a better event. ie: in WD make the boost units all stat increase bonuses, but in FvF, make them other modifiers such as 10% increase of BP and -5% building time reduction. Then we can all get the units we are wanting out of each event.

But instead of making FvF every weekend, make it one weekend between WD. ie: fight for the WD countries capital. I think of the game a world war thing, one we battle for one country, we move on to the next. Might as well not have some kinda faction tournament like its a league we fight every weekend. Have the event fit the bill of war.

SGT Rud
11-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Sniff sniff.... that was a beautiful speech. Yes im always close to the bottom because the prizes were never worth all the xp gained. Every event is faction based now so theres plenty of time for you to "bond" with ur team we dont need fvf every week like they were doing. It is by far the most boring worthless event

Just because someone likes an event and you dont, doesnt make the event wrong or bad. Participation in any event is by choice. If you dont like it, dont do it. Yes, I think the general idea of dislike is the units awarded and the frequency of the event. Both could be improved, still doesnt make it a bad event. If xp gain is your primary concern during this particular event, might I suggest only hitting supply depots twice for 1xp per hit. I would venture out an a limb here, but you probably raid for money and hit LEs?, but in this event, its for BP, minimize your exposure.

Besides, if your concern is xp gain, you could just not complain about it, not compete in it, and watch everyone else shoot up, and you maintain a low level. That makes sense to me.

Kefa
11-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Tournaments were fun for me. Final position was based on my own efforts in taking the time to find good targets and using my stamina efficiently for the best return. It was also fun competing with my faction mates to see who could get the highest single BP score in one hit.

Case events are 100% random chance. Keep putting coins in the slot machine - once you feed enough coins into the bandit, you'll cross a tipping point, compelling you to keep going till you get what you feel is a fair return, even if it costs you your life savings. Even after 10 vaults there's no guarantee you'll win anything, and there's nothing you can do to improve your own chances other than put in another coin and pull the handle yet again.

But they are separate. I guess really I'm just appealing here to please bring back the tournaments. The rewards were low, but so was the cost, and I enjoyed it far more than cases.

Stormonger
11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree with Kefa.....touraments were fun...completion among teammates makes the game more interesting..it gives the game a different dimension.....instead of all players adding to there energy like they are now some would be adding to stamina....you have a more diverse group of players
also any prize is better than no prize, for you bigger player yes the prizes are not that great, but for those of us still building anything is better than nothing....
I also find it funny......everyone complains about stat inflation but yet no one wants to do events cause there is not enough reward.....
no offense to anyone just my opinion

MaverickINsc
11-25-2013, 12:21 PM

you say the fvf was by far the "most boring worthless event".....im spending an hour between attempts to get a punkin pie (yes I spelled it punkin on purpose).....if the fvf had a 10k unit that was attainable by skill rather than this gambling crap 4-5 day snoozefest I say bring it back.....its all about the rewards......if they were good enough nobody would care about energy or leveling.

jrb22250
11-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I agree. Bring back FvF, especially if this means they will move War more than two weeks a part again.

Perilous
11-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I liked the tournaments, but not every weekend.

DaBoss!
11-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I loved the tournaments when they came out, and would participate in them a lot. This is what I think should happen with the tournaments:
1. Only one tournament for each country
2. Last 3 days long.
3. Take the current prizes for the tournaments and x5 their stats.
This would make the tournament more fun and worth fighting for.

jrb22250
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Combine FvF and crate event? Cases dropping as you have another goal of getting as many bp's as possible. Why not, two birds one stone...

KFH
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I felt the FVF tournament was a gift to the lv 250's (now 300) the last prizes were good units and it wont hurt because their is no leveling.
i wouldn't mind them back for when i get to 300

Russ-navy
11-25-2013, 06:54 PM
FVF was great to see the dedication members had in a faction, and a good tool work out some weak links

Kane Sickle
11-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Agree! Bring FvF back, just not every weekend like before.

honest Abe
11-25-2013, 09:12 PM
This event is better than fvf now that it is fixed. Just my view.

Big she'd
11-25-2013, 11:00 PM
The equation is simple if you didn't like the fvf or pvp events don't participate, this farce of a case event is much much worse , try getting the 2000 tokens I've managed 1150 but have raided and attacked like there is no tomorrow , more so than I would have done in any fvf or pvp event

Luuzer
11-25-2013, 11:39 PM
put pvp start with boss start. Its a very good to trigger boss and get pvp points at the same time :D

Badass action man
11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
fvf should remain dead, lvls u up with no modifiers. what's the point?. big waste of time

Luuzer
11-26-2013, 09:00 AM
fvf should remain dead, lvls u up with no modifiers. what's the point?. big waste of time

if Ur in shark tank, doesnt matter. Raiding is bigger waste of time (harder to find targets :D)

Kefa
11-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Fvf levels you up too fast? That's so strange. I guess your strategy is allot different than mine. In fvf tournament I can easily average 500+ BP per XP and only take 1 XP per stamina.

No event levels you up faster than the NPC LTQ's.

Luuzer
11-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Fvf levels you up too fast? That's so strange. I guess your strategy is allot different than mine. In fvf tournament I can easily average 500+ BP per XP and only take 1 XP per stamina.

No event levels you up faster than the NPC LTQ's.

how come. On PVP attacking U can get up to 25 exp, usually its between 15-25 exp per hit

narsly
11-28-2013, 03:35 PM
raiding supply depots...

Luuzer
11-28-2013, 04:04 PM
raiding supply depots...

but then U dont get tournament prizes. Those where nice too ;)