PDA

View Full Version : war strategy question

theRussian
11-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Just curious from the experienced war folks...
I intend to have give or take 4000 gems come war time and will mass drop them asap in the war as I won't be active the other days and my guild will only do average participation at best. We are fairly new.

With one powerhouse dropping 4k gems what placement do you for see the guild making on android war if the guilds averaged top 800 without spending in past wars?

Lou 1xxx
11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
too many variables still...

its 10 gems per refill so with 4k gems you have 400 chances

on the AVERAGE because points computation can't really be determined, you'd get 1k points per refill (if you win them all)

so 400 chances of 1k each you'd have 400k points plus bonus 50% (if you win all declarations) more or less 600k points

600k points good for 1 day war if you do it by yourself...

knightsanddraggings
11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Suggestion: Join a better guild. Like TU :-) (although with that gemming, you would probably be put in US)

busteroaf
11-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Also realize that it takes TIME to use all those gems. That is a lot of refills that you'll have to do in just a few wars. Its not like you can do 10x attacks at once. So if you are only available for a few wars that first day, it is unlikely that you'll be able to use them all. A full day or two, then maybe.

cafedecoy
11-22-2013, 09:35 PM
To be honest, if you have 4000 gems but no one else in your guild has barely any gems, theres no chance in hell you will place top 10. If you have strong knights and you are also very strategic with your attacks, you might be able to pull off a top 100 with some help... and by that, I mean ribbon C at best, maybe ribbon B if you want to be crazy optimistic. I say this with great certainty as I have monitored epic war results for the past few wars. I will provide proof if that interests you.

Have you looked at the rewards at the ribbons c range or worse? These prizes are not bad for free players but I gurantee you will feel like an idiot if you actually invested in a chunk of gems for the war.

This is my blunt advice to you:

Think with your head and not your heart. Loyalties and friendships formed online are not that meaningful. If you have your heart set on dropping 4000 gems, join a top 10 guild. Provide any top ten GM with a screenshot of your gem count, they will welcome you with open arms. You dont have to stay with them forever. You can go back to your old guild after the war is over if you wish.

If you dont want to switch guilds, save your gems for yourself. Maybe you can go for that medal in the arena or open a bunch of epic chests.

EljayK
11-22-2013, 09:57 PM
On Android with a highly competitive armor 4k gems may get you to top 50 if you have good enough armors to peg good targets. However, buster is mostly right. It takes time to spend those gems. 40 people each with 100 gems stands a better chance than 1 with 4k

Sarah 101
11-22-2013, 11:38 PM
If you can play for 10 hours then declare 10 wars alone easy .just declare and never stop the attacks that the strategy for spenders ..

Then000bster
11-23-2013, 04:03 AM
In the first war I was in a guild that should have placed somewhere in the 200's at least. We got lucky and had one big spender who had an endless supply. A few others gemmed including the GM and that got us to the top 25. Now of course people have made the first war look like a fusion blitz score. So as other people said, don't help a guild that won't gem at all, save them enjoy the game and wait until you transfer to a top 25 atleast.

Zyntree
11-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm with cafe decoy on is one. If you are set of remaining with your guild but are prepared for that kind of investment, joining a top 10 for the upcoming war and then returning with an epic would help the guild more in the long run anyway. The top 10s won't mind, especially if you are up front with them ;)

theRussian
11-23-2013, 01:25 PM
In hindsight of the replies I've decided to save the gems and next time an epic chest has a deal like "buy x many for 999 gems I'm just gonna do that like 3 or 4 times and mass profit from lvling an epic or two.

Who knows I may even get an epic + lol

cafedecoy
11-23-2013, 05:00 PM
A wise choice.. ;)

firefly333
11-23-2013, 07:15 PM
I would save the gems for another war when I could be there and gem more wisely. I think it would be really hard in one day to use 4000 gems. Depending on how fast your device is you can do 20K to 40K per 1 hour batter and your guild may rest in between.

I dont do chests, probably why I only have a moontide from chests at best. I use all my gems for wars, to get a sure epic/

theRussian
11-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Now that I look at it wars are a waste unless you want the newest armor out really. The gem spending compared to the prizes isn't worth it. At least with chests I'd get enhancement fodder and some things to combine.

Gypsy Jokers
11-24-2013, 09:24 AM
With your gem spending ability, knight level and current armor I would say you are better off to spend your gems on chests and look for a better guild! Good Luck and if you ever need a place to land we will make room!

JokeR - Level 227
GM of Gypsy Jokers (Android)
Guild level 56 - Bonuses: Earth 6% Water 7% Fire 7% Spirit 7% Air 7%
Gem spending encouraged but never required
Currently 1 opening for an active player level 90+ (Under 90 apply to Gypsy Jesters)
Send a friend request to gypsyjoker in LINE or apply directly in game and join the crew!

theRussian
11-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Ive thought about looking for a better guild with my brother but we both just started over from scratch after rolling with 2 epics and an epic+ lineup. Figured we would give it time before we started looking and until then help newer players with our own guild.

Hildigam
11-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Ive thought about looking for a better guild with my brother but we both just started over from scratch after rolling with 2 epics and an epic+ lineup. Figured we would give it time before we started looking and until then help newer players with our own guild.

Unless your signis horribly outdated i don't see a hugensuccess in your future. I would either update your sig to reflect current situation or focus on finishing your climb to lvl 100

theRussian
11-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Unless your signis horribly outdated i don't see a hugensuccess in your future. I would either update your sig to reflect current situation or focus on finishing your climb to lvl 100

Cool story

Hildigam
11-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Cool story

No.. Seriously. So you have a bkal+ a combust+ and a temp. Battle gear. WhAt is wour plan vs a lineup that involves three epics or even 2 epic+? Just save your gems till you can be more effective, hp is a big problem if you are only half way to 100.

toogoodformyowngood
11-24-2013, 10:16 PM
No.. Seriously. So you have a bkal+ a combust+ and a temp. Battle gear. WhAt is wour plan vs a lineup that involves three epics or even 2 epic+? Just save your gems till you can be more effective, hp is a big problem if you are only half way to 100.

Yea, I agree with hildigam. Your armors are really strong enuf yet and your level is too low. Even if you have 4k gems it would be wasted. Im pretty sure u cant beat fully epic teams, esp if they have high bonuses.

Most top 10 teams wouldn't take u either cuz I don't think u can make the war point count.

U should probably work on getting at least 1 epic maxed and a few more epics and also lvl 100.

Epics are pretty common now with blaze, moon, tect and meals being fuseable.

I think very few top 10 guilds take non epic members anymore.

Good luck!

AlbertEvolve
11-25-2013, 04:03 AM
You look like a guy who spends a lot of gems. At lvl 44 you couldn't have beaten enough bosses to max out so many armors.

If you want to get to a top 10 guild

1) spend some time leveling so that you get to 100
2) when the next 3* epic chest comes out open a ton of chest and get the maelstrom+, sky majesty+ and any other epic+
3) max those armours out
4) promise to spend 4k gems in the next war

Top 10 guilds will drool over you. Lol