PDA

View Full Version : LTBs - please notify us ahead!

Nighteg
11-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Hello dear mod/Gree employee.
You notify us ahead about every other event, can you please include LTBs?
Last LTB a lot of people were screwed, because it was out of the blue, and a lot were in the middle of an upgrade!
Tnx!

skunkbob squarepants
11-21-2013, 05:15 AM
If you're in the middle of an upgrade when the LTB arrives, you pay gold for that upgrade too !
Even more gold used!

Nighteg
11-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Well, i'm hoping that there's someone reasonable there on the Olympus, that sees how wrong it is.

Hubkap
11-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Hello dear mod/Gree employee.
You notify us ahead about every other event, can you please include LTBs?
Last LTB a lot of people were screwed, because it was out of the blue, and a lot were in the middle of an upgrade!
Tnx!

+1

Those who were really screwed included those who just started a billion dollar, week long upgrade of another building. Completing that with an exorbitant amount of gold or selling the building and losing all your time and money put into it were out of the question, so they had no reasonable chance to buy and fully upgrade the ltb in time to get the big prize. A little notice would have been awesome and gold still spent so seems like this is a win-win idea.

cditti
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
I agree they should put the LTB in with the other events along with ltq,war,boss,etc. Even if Vague name like "LTB" Start time. I am sure even if they did it would not start on time but atleast an idea to plan better.

MrMarshmallow
11-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Someone in my syndicate ended up spending less gold because there was no way for him to get to lvl 10 after upgrading his nc right before the event. So thats their loss!

Touch Down
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
+1 information, is great.

Elzo
11-21-2013, 12:39 PM
This is actually a great idea! :D

However chances are indeed big it is an tactic not to do this for financial reasons... :(

M$T Raw
11-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Excellent idea and i would love to see it happen but GREE wont do it

Lebsta
11-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Do anyone know if we will get another one this round?

Max Power
11-21-2013, 01:35 PM
I agree they should put the LTB in with the other events along with ltq,war,boss,etc. Even if Vague name like "LTB" Start time. I am sure even if they did it would not start on time but atleast an idea to plan better.

It's a fair request, but it seems to me that the new LTB comes along so close to when the old one expired that I haven't done a regular building upgrade in months. I can't even remember my last non-LTB upgrade.

ploop
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM
It's a fair request, but it seems to me that the new LTB comes along so close to when the old one expired that I haven't done a regular building upgrade in months. I can't even remember my last non-LTB upgrade.

mine was a loft, like a month ago when i ran out of money

Fruit of the Boom
11-21-2013, 01:43 PM
With the Bloody Barbershop, they gave us extra days to get it done. I got a NC or two upgraded then. Woot!

As for the OP, I'd love to see it happen, but it simply isn't going to. They think the element of surprise is better. Plus, if there's a delay for a few days, no one will know.

cditti
11-21-2013, 01:45 PM
I am sure we will just when is the Question.. I am holding out for it lol

Electrify
11-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Haven't you learned by now there not going to discuss any LTB details until its released?

kimberleyj
11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
It would be nice to know in advance i think i found out a few hours after the building came out . if i had of known we was getting the ltb that day i would have saved a little gold.

Hubkap
11-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Haven't you learned by now there not going to discuss any LTB details until its released?

How is your response a contribution to this thread?

The subject is a fair and valid request.

reticlover
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
All you want to complain about when they release ltb, it's always around the same time, 95% of the time it's on a Thursday around 6pm following the end of the current ltb, if it ends on Thursday like today, it will be either Saturday or anytime between now and next Thursday,

Hubkap
11-21-2013, 06:32 PM
All you want to complain about when they release ltb

I re-read all posts here and can't find any complaints, where are they? I see requests, suggestions and commentary.

it's always around the same time, 95% of the time it's on a Thursday around 6pm following the end of the current ltb, if it ends on Thursday like today, it will be either Saturday or anytime between now and next Thursday,

Glad you clarified that lol

reticlover
11-21-2013, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Hubkap;1085884]I re-read all posts here and can't find any complaints, where are they? I see requests, suggestions and commentary.

The very first post, he said that a lot of people were in the middle of an upgrade cause ltb was out of the blue. That is complaining, after the 2nd ltb the trend had already formed on when ltbs released, it seems that nobody payed attention and expects to be told up front on every little thing in the game, the only thing I have a problem with in the game is how show it runs at times.

My2cents
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd love to know when they're released as well. However, I've gotten use to it not being on my schedule so I play for the moment. Sometimes I get screwed on how much $ I spend and loss of time and sometimes I do well by having what I upgraded end just in time.

This time I might win. Just waiting 30 more hours for a upgrade to finish and I have a week to save for a big upgrade anyway.

Cobra Shuttle
11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I just hope they stop releasing these cheap LTBs and go back to building the expensive high output ones. After three cheap LTBs and only having a little time in between to actually upgrade high output buildings a lot of people are stacking up billions of dollars with nothing to spend it on.

Should have one of the prizes be the second upgrade modifier so people can start upgrading more than just LTBs. . .

Mother Of Darkness
11-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Do u understand that gree doesn't care?

amidt7
12-07-2013, 04:50 PM
+1 information, is great.

roll tide roll!!!

The Billionaire
12-07-2013, 05:39 PM
The whole point of Limited Time Challenges is that you don't know anything about them until they start and you've got a limited time to complete them. It adds a bit of strategy to the upgrade side of the game, whens there is no LTB live you have to tactically plan your upgrades i.e don't do long upgrades and guestimate when the next one will start.

If everything was written in black and white the game wouldn't be challenging.

Nighteg
12-08-2013, 04:16 AM
The whole point of Limited Time Challenges is that you don't know anything about them until they start and you've got a limited time to complete them. It adds a bit of strategy to the upgrade side of the game, whens there is no LTB live you have to tactically plan your upgrades i.e don't do long upgrades and guestimate when the next one will start.

If they'd notify us ahead, like they do with every other quest, then there would a tactical side to this. We could plan what we can or can't upgrade.
Otherwise, there are only 2 options: either you're screwed, or not.

p.s. if there was a "cancel upgrade" button, this whole topic would be irrelevant.

TZora
12-08-2013, 08:24 AM

+1

white characters

mxz
12-09-2013, 06:04 AM
The whole point of Limited Time Challenges is that you don't know anything about them until they start You've never noticed the schedule they added to the Battle screen?

bluristhurr
12-09-2013, 08:25 AM

Me too, no need to upgrade anything either besides the NC. Save your in game money and blow it all on LTB's and get extra loot. Getting two things for the price of one!

bluristhurr
12-09-2013, 08:33 AM
There's only been one building I couldn't get done without gold and that was the weekend they gave a bunch out for errors. So, I still got it had to spend some 100 gold I guess. That is with that mod that upgrades building 25% faster not everybody has from a case event way back. I can't remember what else I got but it's probably a significant amount considering the last few LTB's time to get it complete.

cditti
12-09-2013, 09:34 AM
p.s. if there was a "cancel upgrade" button, this whole topic would be irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice to cancel just the upgrade you are currently doing. lose all the money for the current level upgrade.

mxz
12-09-2013, 12:07 PM
That would be nice to cancel just the upgrade you are currently doing. lose all the money for the current level upgrade.You can sell the building, upgrade the LTB, then ask support to reinstate the upgrading building you sold. I've also had success using gold to finish-now, starting the new upgrade, and asking support to reimburse the gold.

Would it be cheaper, in the long run, to implement a cancel or to just add it to the schedule? Of course. But you're not talking about a company that runs on good business decisions.

Captain Torgue
12-09-2013, 11:24 PM
You can sell the building, upgrade the LTB, then ask support to reinstate the upgrading building you sold. I've also had success using gold to finish-now, starting the new upgrade, and asking support to reimburse the gold.

This is fraud, plain and simple. You are encouraging other forum members to engage in fraud. You should hang your head in shame sir!

Muj
12-10-2013, 01:18 AM
so the next LTB is going to be on this thursday? or probably after battle?

mxz
12-10-2013, 05:59 AM
This is fraud, plain and simple. You are encouraging other forum members to engage in fraud. You should hang your head in shame sir!Wait you're a known cheater talking about fraud....? Oh you SASholes are something else.

Remember, kids....They could always say "no". YMMV.

Mr.Unknown
12-10-2013, 06:13 AM
OT: So much hate.

TZora
12-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Wait you're a known cheater talking about fraud....? Oh you SASholes are something else.

Remember, kids....They could always say "no". YMMV.
oh boy, grimmy's gonna report u for harassment lol

reticlover
12-10-2013, 09:15 AM
most likely will be released thursday 12-12-13

Fredfreddy
12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
most likely will be released thursday 12-12-13

why do you think that?

Captain Torgue
12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
why do you think that?

Because that date happens to be the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar. Gree wants us all to use as much gold as possible so that they can be rich on the final day before the worlds end.

Questions?

Muj
12-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Because that date happens to be the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar. Gree wants us all to use as much gold as possible so that they can be rich on the final day before the worlds end.

Questions?
how do you sleep at night

Captain Torgue
12-10-2013, 11:42 PM
how do you sleep at night

Usually in the foetal position.

Max Power
12-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Because that date happens to be the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar. Gree wants us all to use as much gold as possible so that they can be rich on the final day before the worlds end.Questions?That was last year.

noamlin
12-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Because that date happens to be the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar.
Oh man.... till we survived last year's end of the world, now we will have to survive another one?!?!
It's a cruel cruel world... lol

Fredfreddy
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Oh man.... till we survived last year's end of the world, now we will have to survive another one?!?!
It's a cruel cruel world... lol

hmm .. banned for leaking LTB info I guess. I actually never realized that was a no-no

Elzo
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
hmm .. banned for leaking LTB info I guess. I actually never realized that was a no-no

Ok.. first I thought it was a joke too... because how it looked like...
But now... Hmmm...