PDA

View Full Version : If I get booted for this..Balkan and Netherlands

RMSwarrior
11-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Have nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with eachother..I don't fu ck ing care being kicked

We have served in Bosnia, and we lost friends..we weren't allow to shoot while our expedition troops were there..orders of the UN..it's a bit sensitive..

So what's next battle for japan.. Nuke japan? Or battle for USA with a event called; boobytrapGI ? Or napalm kids? Like in nam! I can remember some screwups, but you wouldn't brag bout that

You really got me going now..I'm am so offended that I ask all adult players with common sense to make a statement.. Battle for my home country was suppose to be the battle of witch the units I wanted to win.. Like I said wanted to win..think I'll pass for a few weeks..

This offending game doesn't get any penny or kwartje from me this battle..

This suppose to be a game with fun...not bringing back bad memories..

I hope the one who thought this event will scratch his head and hopefully will see it was a wrong decision..

So gree/ funzio.. A reaction would be very mature and needed I think!

Dutchie
11-19-2013, 02:39 AM
I agree. They must push an update to change the names of the NPCs and the name of the LTQ. In future, get it right or use generic names.

*BaJo*
11-19-2013, 02:51 AM
You are totally right.

The Balkan and the Bombing of The Netherlands are 2 Black pages in current Dutch History and it's outrageous the use this in a game.

For Gree:

Bombing of The Netherlands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotterdam_Blitz
DutchBat operation in the Balkans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Idiots!

Tournai
11-19-2013, 02:53 AM
I agree. They must push an update to change the names of the NPCs and the name of the LTQ. In future, get it right or use generic names.

Liam Van Block ???

krabbie
11-19-2013, 03:27 AM
*bump*

Gree do some research before starting events, maybe like 1 minute on Google maps to find out where a country is located, before making a fool out of yourself and offending some of your loyal players!

JT77
11-19-2013, 08:59 AM
They may actually do it. They can't be aware of everything going on in the world past and present, at the end of the day they are programmers (allegedly :/). There were targets in Ireland which were RIRA, an organisation currently killing and maiming. When this was brought to their attention they were changed with a data push. Problem being their data pushes haven't been the most reliable lately and imagine the outcry if preloaded or completed targets were wiped out!

Georgi
11-19-2013, 09:48 AM
We better afdress to GREE staff. Indeed cultural f***up and nation offensive

Jhenry02
11-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Good lord.
I'm a 'Merican and I was like wtf?

Good lord gree, higher a history major still in school for cheap. This is a joke. Better yet use a one eyed monkey with an iPad.

Is this the same company that thought Madagascar was Nepal? Oh yeah,

-J

Zulfiqaar
11-19-2013, 01:30 PM
They changed the name of "War on terror" in Ireland to "Operation Wolf"
**No comment**

ploop
11-19-2013, 01:54 PM
well this is a japanese company so....

Ferr
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
I do not believe that Gree is aware of anything nor that they wish to insult anyone. It would hurt their business case. Sheer ignorance it must be or they hate me so much that bombing Amsterdam has become their only remaining option.

Adm.J
11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Thank you Bajo for the background.

GorillaGuerilla
11-19-2013, 05:20 PM
This time Gree really made a mess of it, Gree check the history and smell the **** you're stepping in - this is wrong on so many levels!

I don't mind if there is bits of historic real life events in the game play, not at all - what I do mind is when things get mixed up, in ways that are so wrong that its really hard to comprehend how they can mess things up this bad!

Mixing up the Balkan with Greek soldiers, (Evzones), and The Netherlands, well we only need a Russian reference and we got ourselves the worst turd cocktail you could ever imagine...

For some people, (who where on Balkan in the mid 90's), it leaves a faul taste when things get mixed up like this.

Let us battle insurgents in Iraq, take down South and Middle American Drug Cartels, hunt terrorists everywhere, fight Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, El Shabab in Somalia, Al Quada and all other extremists organizations etc where ever they may be likely to show their ugly faces in the real world - there is enough going on irl to make a gameplay that is realistic...
You can even make a raid on every country on the Balkan for all I care - just don't get things mixed up!
Especially not things that when you put them in the same event only will create a reference to the worst genocide on European soil since WW2, (performed by Serbs and military trained volunteers from Russia and Greece on thousands of innocent civilians that DutchBat was assigned to protect)

What will be the next, the nuking of Japan? Operation Lebensraum when we hit Germany? Holocaust 2.0 when it's Israel?

MaroonMonsoon
11-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Lmao! Just quit playing and SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA!

General Soviet
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM
You tell 'em guys! Maybe the devs will learn to tread carefully with names after this. The War on Terror event in Ireland was such a little thing to get worked up over, but this is more serious. I agree, change it for those offended by it.

Now that I think about what has happened before with people taking offense here, naming the USA events is going to be like crossing a minefield in a steamroller for Gree. Let's just hope it's awhile until then.

Jhenry02
11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Where I come from they call this a derp.

Sal T Iguana
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I'd also like them to change the names of all targets with Muslim names too. I think it's a bunch of crap Gree would even use names. Why don't they name them in ranks. PRIVATE, PFC, SERGEANT, GUNNERY SERGEANT, MAJOR, CORPORAL, GENERAL etc.

Maybe its just a game but as a Muslim I find it hard to hit specific targets especially raiding the mosque in emir island. Maybe I am taking to deep but when is enough enough. What kind of message is Gree really sending here.

You have buildings that look like mosques, cathedrals, and npc targets with names of all nationalities.
Do the right thing Gree. If you can fix a target that had her breast hanging out then you can certainly change the names of these buildings and npc targets.

RMSwarrior
11-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Easiest ignorant answer in this topic. Ask your mama what happend over there, maybe you should maroon moron

GorillaGuerilla
11-20-2013, 11:01 AM
It's not so much about the names, I see the logic in using Arab names and references if we are doing missions in let's say Egypt, Irish names and references in Ireland, Italian names and references in Italy, (so the Franco units should have been reserved for Spain) - what I take offense of is the unnecessary mess up they've made with this, (way worse than the usual mess ups).
And as long as we get to raid a Chatedral and not only a Mosque I don't see anything wrong in it...
But this is supposed to be a battle for the Nerherlands, no need for involving the Balkans in this and no need for involving Greek soldiers in this.
By doing so a unnecessary reference to a dark part of very recent European history is created - the part where several thousand, mostly Muslims, where butchered in a ethnic cleansing.
It shows a level of ignorance that I end up expecting that we in the in the future will see mission events like nukin Japan..

'MAU' Mirsad-Ra
11-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Coming from the Balkans ( Bosnia & Herzegovina), I do find it odd and weird how Gree keeps ignoring other peoples Culture and keeps getting the names and places wrong. Just by using wikipedia a lot of issues could have been prevented. Bosnia had a lawsuit in the Hague vs the Dutch government ( not the people :) )for failing to stop/prevent the Srebrenica genocide.
But once again, I am not sure why I am surprised by the Gree !! Cheers

S69150f
11-28-2013, 07:09 AM
You are totally right.

The Balkan and the Bombing of The Netherlands are 2 Black pages in current Dutch History and it's outrageous the use this in a game.

For Gree:

Bombing of The Netherlands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotterdam_Blitz
DutchBat operation in the Balkans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Idiots!

I posted the following and it needs to be done en mass to support:

Enjoy the game, reading the forum you need to change the reference of Balkan due to the genocide and **** associated there. It's an inappropriate oversight and oversight is an understatement. It has no bearing on the Dutch people as well. Give this a positive theme until such time I will not participate in any events.

carl9764
11-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Lmao! Just quit playing and SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA!

You absolute clown you should delete this post you bag of **** you should be banned

carl9764
11-28-2013, 10:52 AM
I do not believe that Gree is aware of anything nor that they wish to insult anyone. It would hurt their business case. Sheer ignorance it must be or they hate me so much that bombing Amsterdam has become their only remaining option.

Nice to see your still around mate :-)