PDA

View Full Version : Did the LTB event just get shorter?

Recas
11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
:confused:
did they just cut off time on the LTB event?

Kitty McPurr
11-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, it did. It doesn't seem right to change the rules in the tail end of a timed event to me. If they wanted to make it shorter, they should have started it shorter. Deception is not a good quality in a product.

Sammo the Kid
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
So shady. I saw this morning I had plenty of time to spare and now I'm 3 hours short.

Gree, pay attention. This is an example of why your customers no longer trust you.

This isn't just wrong, it's bait and switch fraud. It's like you're purposely trying to tank the game.

The Billionaire
11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
WTF Gree, i need that 24 hours you've just removed

TooFlyRobbie
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Just when we thought monkies were leading the company, I guess not. Theyre a different breed, perhaps.

Tardavic
11-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Hey guys,

Our engineers are aware of the LTB event being cut short.

The event should now be available, but will end in one day. This should be corrected soon, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Sammo the Kid
11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
...so you're saying you're about to cut even more time?

HavingFun
11-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Hey guys,

The event should now be available, but will end in one day. This should be corrected soon, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
Haha nice try but did you really think we wouldn't notice.

TMI
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Firstly, Tardavic, welcome to the forum. I haven't seen many of your posts. I hope you have thick skin because the forum can get unruly sometimes lol.

I think the REAL question that the OP was asking, and what the CC community would like to know is:

WHY has your advertised product changed midway? That is, get x prizes for completing y goals in z amount of time. WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS CHANGE? The final solution is still a change from the original advertised z amount of time.

I and others would appreciate the reasoning.

Thank you

(BF) Tuna
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Typical GREE being typical.

Why do some of you continue to pay money to play (support) this trash? Beyond the realm of sanity imo.

...regardless of how disposable your income may be.

TZora
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Firstly, Tardavic, welcome to the forum. I haven't seen many of your posts. I hope you have thick skin because the forum can get unruly sometimes lol.

I think the REAL question that the OP was asking, and what the CC community would like to know is:

WHY has your advertised product changed midway? That is, get x prizes for completing y goals in z amount of time. WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS CHANGE? The final solution is still a change from the original advertised z amount of time.

I and others would appreciate the reasoning.

Thank you
darn you! don't do that x,y,z thing again .. some mods are pretty good with x,y,z equations. you wanna hear another x,y,z story? :rolleyes:

sister morphine
11-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Yes, it did. It doesn't seem right to change the rules in the tail end of a timed event to me. If they wanted to make it shorter, they should have started it shorter. Deception is not a good quality in a product.
It's not only that. The whole event has been shorter than before in a blatant attempt to force gold use. Screw that! :(

HavingFun
11-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Fine if they want to force people to spend gold but wtf shorten the event by 24 hours towards the end lol Gree y'all are so awesome

ahFai
11-18-2013, 11:24 PM
good luck.....

HavingFun
11-18-2013, 11:30 PM
good luck.....
You too....

sister morphine
11-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Fine if they want to force people to spend gold but wtf shorten the event by 24 hours towards the end lol Gree y'all are so awesome
No, it's not fine to force people into spending gold every single time. The fact they are is a demonstration of all that is wrong with Gree's management direction.

HavingFun
11-18-2013, 11:39 PM
The last two ltb they didn't force us to spend gold. They can't all be gold free. I'm not spending gold on it but I can't be upset either. They just need to stop making last minute changes.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
11-18-2013, 11:59 PM
This is a joke I planned gold spend so I had a few hours spare to get the level 10 underway.
STOP CHANGING EVENTS PART WAY THROUGH YOU IDIOTS

Ltondt
11-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

I think, at least hope, this means they will correct it and put back the 1 day missing.

chemicalopie
11-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

What will be corrected soon, the event being available or the fact that it is ending in one day when it should be two?
I only ask because I need the amount of time your originally quoted so I can finish an upgrade. If you are not planning on sticking to the time frame you set out is it OK to buy gold to complete it and then submit a refund request in to iTunes as you have not delivered what you originally said?

sister morphine
11-19-2013, 12:55 AM
The last two ltb they didn't force us to spend gold. They can't all be gold free. I'm not spending gold on it but I can't be upset either. They just need to stop making last minute changes.
Well, ok the circus tent was a cheapo thrown out there - that was cool. The bloody barber was more costly but the tent allowed me (and many I'm sure) to build up cash on hand and make it achievable without having 10 million+ iph. I wouldn't object if this one was more expensive still, but the way it's been done by cynically shortening the event just pees me off.*

In the old game, when you achieved certain things - like saving the 40 mil for your first nightclub, or raising stats to become immune to 90% of players - you could bag those and they opened new doors for your character. Now it seems every time you move ahead the company shifts the goalposts so you're back where you began.

* that's not meaning the sudden loss of a day. The whole event was several days shorter than previous LTBs

CJ54 is incompetent
11-19-2013, 01:21 AM
just gree's way of saying thanks for being a valued customer

HavingFun
11-19-2013, 03:55 AM
just gree's way of saying thanks for being a valued customer
Agreed....but I agree it's not right to shorten time frame by 24 hours unannounced until someone made a post but ya Gree has been awesome last few months.

H8er-aid
11-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Callin bs on this event will cost me an extra gold now thanks gree

mistress sherry
11-19-2013, 04:10 AM
:confused:
did they just cut off time on the LTB event?

i noticed the same thing

TZora
11-19-2013, 04:54 AM
I hope you have thick skin because the forum can get unruly sometimes lol.
people get unruly? i thought it was the other way around. this place is a Hitler-Paradise!

the only thing mods are left to do is pop out of players' screen and punch them in the face.

Idiokus
11-19-2013, 05:05 AM
Wow ...yep another blow below the the belt!! Why do you guys keep switching things around?? Remove time ??? Really??
I live to see the day an event rolls out without bugs and glitches..now ya guys wanna ruin LTB event too?? Crazy and moderators act as if no big deal announcing these changes days before event ends! No clear answer why the change... This is so wrong once again Gree...damn sucks!

H8er-aid
11-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

What does this mean. Its gonna be set to original time or is this a new sblnt event

IvanDrago
11-19-2013, 05:48 AM
I had to do some light wikipedia reading after finding out about this one...

"In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising."
"In England and Wales it is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."
"In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

MagnusDux
11-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Let all lawyers playing this game start a massive class action law suit against Greed - how's that for 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE" ?!?

I had to do some light wikipedia reading after finding out about this one...

"In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising."
"In England and Wales it is banned under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Breaking this law can result in a criminal prosecution, an unlimited fine and two years in jail."
"In Canada, this tactic is illegal under the Competition Act."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

kybigdaddy
11-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Mods, please respond to this thread. Will the time be returned to add back the 24 hours? I will not be buying gold to get an item that I could originally get without gold especially when the change was made right after a gold "sale" ends.

kimberleyj
11-19-2013, 09:27 AM
well??????

panty sniffer
11-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Mods, please respond to this thread. Will the time be returned to add back the 24 hours? I will not be buying gold to get an item that I could originally get without gold especially when the change was made right after a gold "sale" ends.

I interpreted Mod Tardavic's response as they will put the 24 hours back on the clock so the event will have the same time to complete as originally intended.

horvyptr
11-19-2013, 10:57 AM
what how long we wait?? .. we have only one more day....

Assault and Flattery
11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey guys,

The event will end as scheduled, the clock in game is incorrect right now. There should be a fix for that today.

Intrance
11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
When is it supposed to end?

snivley
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey guys,The event will end as scheduled, the clock in game is incorrect right now. There should be a fix for that today. What exactally does this mean? The original schedule with a clock that runs out but event still goes on for another 24 hours with no aparant clock? Or the event ends as it is scheduled right now, 24 less than the original time?Thank you

Sammo the Kid
11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
When is it supposed to end?

+24 hours from what the timer says now.

Jk2
11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
I hope we get those 24 hrs as I need them for my next upgrade. No way I'm spending 240 gold

panty sniffer
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
The event will end 24 hours later than the current incorrect time. Da h3ll is wrong with some of you people, sheesh!

Elzo
11-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey guys,

The event will end as scheduled, the clock in game is incorrect right now. There should be a fix for that today.

Thx A&F! :)

Could you please, please keep us posted on any progress?

cditti
11-19-2013, 01:56 PM
This is BS... another tactic.. Effed by Gree again

AliKat
11-19-2013, 09:16 PM
It's been fixed :)