PDA

View Full Version : It's off! Thousands are in tears

Happyperson1
11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
The much publicized mega-match between SAS and FC is off! The deal to match the two Crime City titans fell through last night as an agreement could not be reached despite heavy pressure from the players and the many fans expressing great interest in the potential fight. We invite the leadership of both FC and SAS to respond to this thread to explain why the deal fell through.

Unconfirmed reports say that Montecore, representing SAS, stipulated four conditions before the match could be made. The conditions were described as "bizarre" and "having nothing to do with the proposed battle" by one unnamed source close to the negotiations. The same source said the four conditions included requirements that a FC officer apologize to SAS for some slight occurring months ago and a FC player admit that a well-publicized hacking incident happened differently than initially reported.

I encourage the SAS and FC leadership to come to agreement and give the fans the match-up they desire! With winning streaks lengthening out now, the stakes become higher with each passing battle making the prosed battle even more exciting. Let's remember that this is a game and we are not asking the leaders of the two rivals to give up anything except some virtual rewards and, of course, bragging rights until the next war. To ask FC to meet four conditions all having to do with incidents in the past does not seem to be in the spirit of the game and at least some observers are wondering whether SAS leadership really has any interest in meeting FC.

C'mon guys -- drop the posturing and drop the gloves! Let's get it on!

HTCBC
11-17-2013, 10:33 AM
lol straight up fight no rules pick a time from the battle clock. agree it fight. if you cant do that stop making a issue out of it guys. Simple .............I fight if you do this........ I will do that........... crap is just (blank) sort it out you two and straight up fight. also can somebody video it. pick somebody natural to mediate

cc thunder
11-17-2013, 10:53 AM
why on earth would SAS want to fight fight club in an even match? We know who will win. I'm sure they're going to say oh no that's not the case blah blah blah whatever dude obviously look who's on the leaderboard right now in the number one spot again. sure SAS beat Fight Club while the servers were scrambled and nobody could tell you exactly how many players were on either team,& able to fight. The results on the leaderboard don't lie I don't see SAS name anywhere on the map

Death666
11-17-2013, 10:55 AM
What a shame

iamlegend
11-17-2013, 10:57 AM
The much publicized mega-match between SAS and FC is off! The deal to match the two Crime City titans fell through last night as an agreement could not be reached despite heavy pressure from the players and the many fans expressing great interest in the potential fight. We invite the leadership of both FC and SAS to respond to this thread to explain why the deal fell through.

Unconfirmed reports say that Montecore, representing SAS, stipulated four conditions before the match could be made. The conditions were described as "bizarre" and "having nothing to do with the proposed battle" by one unnamed source close to the negotiations. The same source said the four conditions included requirements that a FC officer apologize to SAS for some slight occurring months ago and a FC player admit that a well-publicized hacking incident happened differently than initially reported.

I encourage the SAS and FC leadership to come to agreement and give the fans the match-up they desire! With winning streaks lengthening out now, the stakes become higher with each passing battle making the prosed battle even more exciting. Let's remember that this is a game and we are not asking the leaders of the two rivals to give up anything except some virtual rewards and, of course, bragging rights until the next war. To ask FC to meet four conditions all having to do with incidents in the past does not seem to be in the spirit of the game and at least some observers are wondering whether SAS leadership really has any interest in meeting FC.

C'mon guys -- drop the posturing and drop the gloves! Let's get it on!

I smell a pay per view!!!!

iteachem
11-17-2013, 11:05 AM
I smell a pay per view!!!!

Lol.. I can see the forum sending itunes cards to each side to see it happen

Chopper8427
11-17-2013, 11:14 AM
They should be matched up just like everyone else I don't get to choose who I fight

iteachem
11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
They should be matched up just like everyone else I don't get to choose who I fight

problem is the theory is that they watch the leaderboard and don't declare if there is movement so they don't match.

Smart tactic if you don't want to draw FC. We do that since there is no way we can score against them anymore. Would rather keep our peeps together and deal with what they can/cannot afford rather than do the revolving door

Touch Down
11-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Its easy for teams at the top to avoid each other. They won't declare when their foes dont have any ip movement on the leaderboard. Plus they all have people communicating and keeping in touch, along with various insiders.

Some call it dodging, others call it tactics. I'm with the latter.

iteachem
11-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I

others call it tactics. I'm with the latter.

Agreed as the majority of many teams don't have the ability to score on the top two and hitting the wall repeatedly is boring

Chopper8427
11-17-2013, 12:11 PM

Dipstik
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM

Sure you do... You're just bad at it.

Ben Weston
11-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Sure you do... You're just bad at it.

more stupid responses dip****, please enlighten us that obviously don't know how to play the game. i'm in a 500-750 syn, how can I choose who to fight?

Dipstik
11-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Same way sas does. If you don't want to match against FC, watch their scores.

Stooboot
11-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Why is this even something that needs to be discussed its a battle and should b random, every one should have 2 face every 1 no matter what

Dipstik
11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Why is this even something that needs to be discussed its a battle and should b random, every one should have 2 face every 1 no matter what

I'm fine with that, but I suspect a lot of teams outside the top 200 or so would be pretty upset. This system is about the best it can be.

Gingeasian
11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
The reasons were actually quite funny.

Keapa
11-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Curses :-). That's it's not going to happen

Happyperson1
11-17-2013, 10:22 PM
I posted an earlier thread about the potential showdown and there was some excitement because:

- For the first time ever FC lost a battle.
- The battle they lost was against arch rival SAS.
- The battle took place during server problems so only a minority of players on both sides were there.
- This was the first time that FC and SAS were matched up in the last 3 syndicate wars.
Was it a real victory? Could SAS duplicate during a regular strength match? Some SAS players in the forum wrote they could because SAS had clear targets on FC for every SAS player.

Then Montecore came on and posted he would accept the match alluding to certain conditions so expectations were high. My understanding is that when FC started negotiating the terms of the match, Montecore stipulated four conditions that seemed to be designed to kill any chance that FC would accept. Crazy things admitting FC had committed various crimes against the State and such.

I want to give Montecore the benefit of the doubt. If he is a honorable person, he'll either drop the silly conditions and arrange the match or admit that SAS does not want to risk meeting FC at full strength. And why would that be such a horrible thing? But in the last two wars Montecore has claimed that FC was hiding from SAS -- another reason to settle this once and for all.

We don't know how much longer our beloved CC will exist. Lets get these two legendary syndicates together for a high stakes battle before it's too late!

lsjs41
11-17-2013, 11:17 PM
It was actually good to get matched with fight club for the first time. it meant I had an hour to kill and have some lunch

Shadypal
11-17-2013, 11:18 PM
No this is usually how it happens. When a challenger is trying to take on the champion they set up a bunch of conditions that the champion must meet before the champion is allowed to beat on the challenger. We call this the Mayweather negotiation tactics.

The point of this tactic is to set up conditions aimed at making the champion decline the deal so that the challenger (SAS) can come out looking like they aren't the ones that chickened out. If by any chance the champions (FC) were to agree to negotiate and agree to a reasonable condition the challenger adds more conditions until negotiations are broken off and the match up is postponed.

Afterwards the challenger will go to whatever media (forums) and post about how they were ready to take on the champions and beat them but unfortunately it won't happen. They will talk about how the champions keeps avoiding them (last 2 wars) and how they are deserving of the title of champion.

They will boast about out how they were able to win ONE round (server connection issues-lol) but don't feel like going against the champions toe to toe for a full 12 rounds ( if they can even last that long). After all the talk and negotiations nothing will end up happening even though fans of both will continue to squabble about who would win. The champions will remain the champions.

This my fellow forum dwellers is the Mayweather tactic and why the 1 FC vs 2 SAS pay per view match will not happen.

Captain Torgue
11-18-2013, 12:00 AM
This is getting extremely frustrating. For the past 6 hours straight we have been trying to match with FC but instead are getting matched with other syndicates.

If FC is reading this please get in touch with me so that we can organize this battle for the people.

KIFFLOM

Keapa
11-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Ok I am here. Let's do it

Keapa
11-18-2013, 12:30 AM
What time ...in the next 2 hours

Keapa
11-18-2013, 01:24 AM
No excuses, no delays, let's do it.

Captain Torgue
11-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Agreed, lets get this on like king kong!!!!

Max Power
11-18-2013, 06:43 AM
No this is usually how it happens. When a challenger is trying to take on the champion they set up a bunch of conditions that the champion must meet before the champion is allowed to beat on the challenger. We call this the Mayweather negotiation tactics.

The point of this tactic is to set up conditions aimed at making the champion decline the deal so that the challenger (SAS) can come out looking like they aren't the ones that chickened out. If by any chance the champions (FC) were to agree to negotiate and agree to a reasonable condition the challenger adds more conditions until negotiations are broken off and the match up is postponed.

Afterwards the challenger will go to whatever media (forums) and post about how they were ready to take on the champions and beat them but unfortunately it won't happen. They will talk about how the champions keeps avoiding them (last 2 wars) and how they are deserving of the title of champion.

They will boast about out how they were able to win ONE round (server connection issues-lol) but don't feel like going against the champions toe to toe for a full 12 rounds ( if they can even last that long). After all the talk and negotiations nothing will end up happening even though fans of both will continue to squabble about who would win. The champions will remain the champions.

This my fellow forum dwellers is the Mayweather tactic and why the 1 FC vs 2 SAS pay per view match will not happen.

Exactly.

What folks like Montecore don't seem to get is that challengers don't get to set the ground rules. Never have, never will. And given all the boasting I see going on SAS is only about 10 million points behind in this fest. That's more behind than the number 10 team entirely. Or more simply put, they could merge with team number 10 and STILL be behind.

TMI
11-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Done
SAS beat FC

evj
11-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Silent moment!

Max Power
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Silent moment!

Its a first....LOL!

offline04
11-18-2013, 08:57 AM
why on earth would SAS want to fight fight club in an even match? We know who will win. I'm sure they're going to say oh no that's not the case blah blah blah whatever dude obviously look who's on the leaderboard right now in the number one spot again. sure SAS beat Fight Club while the servers were scrambled and nobody could tell you exactly how many players were on either team,& able to fight. The results on the leaderboard don't lie I don't see SAS name anywhere on the map

Well, we proved you wrong...

[CM]]forgetaboutit
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Well, we proved you wrong...
Congrats Offline and the rest of SAS
I bet if you guys matched up with them more often the placings would change

Happyperson1
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Congratulations to the new champions, SAS! In a match a few hours ago SAS defeated FC in convincing fashion. I invite:

- Someone to post the final score.
- The leadership of each team to post some color on the match -- the strategy, any lead changes, will there be a rematch?

Good job -- SAS and FC! You gave the fans what they wanted. And again congratulations to SAS for a fantastic one-on-one battle victory!

SAS -- is it true you are employees of GREE? Jk. It comes with the territory.

montecore
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Congratulations to the new champions, SAS! In a match a few hours ago SAS defeated FC in convincing fashion. I invite:

- Someone to post the final score.
- The leadership of each team to post some color on the match -- the strategy, any lead changes, will there be a rematch?

Good job -- SAS and FC! You gave the fans what they wanted. And again congratulations to SAS for a fantastic one-on-one battle victory!

SAS -- is it true you are employees of GREE? Jk. It comes with the territory.

The screenshot is in Captain Torque's signature.
I woke up in the middle of it. The basic strategy, best as I could understand it, was to try to tap on a L250 target you could beat 100% of the time as much as possible before the match ended.

Yes, we are Gree employees. At least some of us are. Our goal is to get FC to spend as much as possible.

vtwin
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Gree thanks you for all your hard earned money. And you can bet since they have the hook in your mouths they will find a way to auto match you over and over again. Thanks to both SAS and FC, gree can stay in business one more month with the amount of money you wasted. more bugs and terrible updates coming soon

M$T Raw
11-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Gree thanks you for all your hard earned money. And you can bet since they have the hook in your mouths they will find a way to auto match you over and over again. Thanks to both SAS and FC, gree can stay in business one more month with the amount of money you wasted. more bugs and terrible updates coming soon

from what ive heard sas and fc are teaming up in a boycott against gree. all us little people make no difference, some big spenders making a stand may just well bring some changes around here