PDA

View Full Version : Faction match ups are a joke

Agent Orange
11-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok so here we are on a winning streak when we suddenly get matched up with a top 50 faction possibly top 25. We are top 1000.

Or did we just hit the hacker faction that was posted on here the other day. Something about painted faces that tend to scare young children I believe.....

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok so here we are on a winning streak when we suddenly get matched up with a top 50 faction possibly top 25. We are top 1000. Or did we just hit the hacker faction that was posted on here the other day. Something about painted faces that tend to scare young children I believe..... Where have you been AO? GREE tinkered with the matching algorithm... See the plethora of threads, including mine, on the subject :)

Romulus.
11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Faction name?

AlexFoo
11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
yes we were ranked 1500th yesterday evening and got matched with SUP2... BACK TO BACK.

#fail

#Reaper
11-16-2013, 06:24 PM
We are ranking above 800 and got matched up with a faction over 2m stats and a defense leader over 14m! Possibly top 200 or 100 And we got creamed so bad that they could just win by our members trying to attack, thats right our Dl hass nothing on their members. Way to go gree thats fair to see the only way to be able to score is to hit the wall and command center while we stand their getting punched with over 40 losses.

totaljerkfaceallstar
11-16-2013, 06:26 PM
We are ranking above 800 and got matched up with a faction over 2m stats and a defense leader over 14m! Possibly top 200 or 100 And we got creamed so bad that they could just win by our members trying to attack, thats right our Dl hass nothing on their members. Way to go gree thats fair to see the only way to be able to score is to hit the wall and command center while we stand their getting punched with over 40 losses.

My faction has been lucky I guess, we got matched up against people about 150% stronger than us, which in the ^^ (circumstances) isnt too bad.

Perilous
11-16-2013, 06:38 PM
I am convinced that the streak comes into play with the algorithm to max gold because that is the only time a faction is likely to unload gold for a win.

Luuzer
11-16-2013, 09:06 PM
I am convinced that the streak comes into play with the algorithm to max gold because that is the only time a faction is likely to unload gold for a win.

so they want people to use gold to hit command centre? Stupidest idea ever. We still havent got 3 win streak, got matched with top 25 team last streak time, they scored over 200 000 points from us and we almoust got 10k for hitting command centre. No gold was spent at all on that war. I think it was grees intention to stop people spending gold, cause noone is gonna spend gold for 200 000 points worth into command centre.....

Erkensang
11-16-2013, 09:54 PM
We have faced almost all the teams going for streaks!
Mcgurt: paper and scissors
Sup streakers
Global strike force
Mcgurt
Kys
Unsullied
The teams above go no matter the cost

General Raub
11-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Just goes to show that Guild Increase means nothing now !

MadAtWorld
11-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Sup streakers
Global strike force
Mcgurt
Kys
Unsullied

Which faction are you with?

Gen CheeBye
11-16-2013, 10:35 PM
As long as your faction is on a winning streak and you're not from a top faction...get ready to be screwed over by gree.

Agent Orange
11-16-2013, 10:40 PM
No this is new dutchie, the have really screwed with the server so that as soon as you are about to finish a consecutive run you get screwed. Plus I now think the server has been hacked.

Long dong silver
11-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Lol AO, we got it again. On 4/5 win streak, on 17 wins, so this next battle is for 2 units.....and low and behold Gree works it's magic.!! 8 llp's ( mine is lvl 53 with 450k/560k. A/D) get matched against a 15 man faction who I can't beat any, have a lvl 15 wall, and have one member that has a defence more than ALL our members Attack added together.!!

It looks like this scenario is getting all too frequent and will speed up the end of this game

Cheers
Lee

Agent Orange
11-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah I would say I'm about done with this game. It is now unrepairable.

Long dong silver
11-16-2013, 10:52 PM
I think a few of us feel the same way. Shame really as I'm sure a lot of factions have formed good friendships.

Cheers
Lee

DFI
11-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Let me see, we are around 160 and get matched with sup 2. They felt sorry for us and only scored 300k. Luckily, we were aided by gree math, where we picked up 5 passive wins. Perhaps sup has a way to lose on purpose so that they can also claim they have similar issues as us.

Allday
11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Sup streakers
Global strike force
Mcgurt
Kys
Unsullied
Pretty sure some of those teams lost also. Tends to happen against S1 and S2.

Einszwei
11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
yes we were ranked 1500th yesterday evening and got matched with SUP2... BACK TO BACK.

#fail

#G A Y!!! more like sup 2? back to back? holy crap

JDub
11-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Boo Hoo, its all Grees fault there are stronger factions out there.

I want the big units when I don't have the stats or the gold to get them. Thats grees fault too.

Every war since the faction goals came out there has to be a ton of threads that pop up about this. Half the factions out there are doing all sorts of dumb things to try and get their streaks. In the end they only hurt them selves.

Face it, ITS RANDOM. I have been saying that for months and everyone tells me I'm wrong but not one person has been able to point me to anything posted by a developer or staff member that says different. So once again I will say show me one post by someone on grees payroll that backs up all the complaints. I'm waiting.

Luuzer
11-17-2013, 01:24 AM

I want the big units when I don't have the stats or the gold to get them. Thats grees fault too.

Every war since the faction goals came out there has to be a ton of threads that pop up about this. Half the factions out there are doing all sorts of dumb things to try and get their streaks. In the end they only hurt them selves.

Face it, ITS RANDOM. I have been saying that for months and everyone tells me I'm wrong but not one person has been able to point me to anything posted by a developer or staff member that says different. So once again I will say show me one post by someone on grees payroll that backs up all the complaints. I'm waiting.

So if players see it then it isnt there but if gree finally admits it then it is. So if U see a rabbit running down the road it isnt there until a hunter tells U its a rabbit? Nice logic....

totaljerkfaceallstar
11-17-2013, 01:56 AM

Id suggest taking a seat...

JDub
11-17-2013, 04:06 AM
There is a whole list of stupid running rampant on the forums and through out the game. Tons of people believe all sorts of things that are proven to be false every war but they wont admit it. Things like:

If a weak player declares the war you will get a weak faction to fight.

Who you are matched with is dependent on where you are in the current standings

How you did on the last war will decide who you fight next

The level of the person that kills the DL effects how many points the opposing team will give when attacked.

All of these are pure bull. Yet people run around believing it. Just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it right.

Luuzer, since rabbit analogies are what you seem to understand I'll explain it that way for you. What I'm saying is that there is a large group of people that think they see a rabbit off in the distance near a house. What they are actually seeing is a mirage made up in their own head because they want there to be a rabbit so bad that they can't admit that there isn't one. In this analogy your hungry for rabbit stew and I'm the property owner standing on my porch yelling down the driveway that there isn't a rabbit here. Deep down you know there isn't a rabbit or else you would walk up the driveway and point it out.

Like I said in my last post prove me wrong...........

Gen CheeBye
11-17-2013, 04:30 AM
You get on a streak and that streak gets destroyed. No proof needed. All you need is to get on a streak and you will know it's not random that you most probably lose it (unless you are in a top faction).

Nothing is random with gree. It's all premeditated. It's also called a scam.

JDub
11-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Ok, so you would be happier if you would win one and then lose one then win one and so on? Why does everyone think they are entitled to win every event?

Agent Orange
11-17-2013, 05:04 AM
JDub you are totally wrong, I've been playing this game for just over two years and this is the biggest screw up that I have ever seen from a programming standpoint. Up till now the match ups were at least most time somewhat fair but what I saw last night in 3 factions I have players in is beyond rediculous. It is as if gree wants to suck as much money out of you as possible now by skewing your matchups to force you to buy gold to try and win these stupid prizes.

The only random aspect of this is that you are going to randomly matched up against a faction that you do not have any hope of defeating. Last night our 8 player faction was 'randomly' getting matched up with 25 to 35 member factions with members twice to five times the strength of our strongest. Yes if the game matching were actually working it would be possible to perhaps get a faction member mismatch like this but when the aggregate score of the faction is at least 10 times your own faction it seems painfully obvious that there is a massive issue with the new matching 'system'.

So please, don't bore us with your ignorance and tell us that there is nothing wrong.

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Boo Hoo, its all Grees fault there are stronger factions out there.I want the big units when I don't have the stats or the gold to get them. Thats grees fault too.Every war since the faction goals came out there has to be a ton of threads that pop up about this. Half the factions out there are doing all sorts of dumb things to try and get their streaks. In the end they only hurt them selves.Face it, ITS RANDOM. I have been saying that for months and everyone tells me I'm wrong but not one person has been able to point me to anything posted by a developer or staff member that says different. So once again I will say show me one post by someone on grees payroll that backs up all the complaints. I'm waiting.Developers and staff members don't post this kind of information, they barely post at all. The fact that it happens all too often tells me that it is not random and something has changed significantly since the last WD event with matchups. This gaming company is solely geared to getting every last drop of cash from you and that comes from statements from ex-GREE employees. Someone posted a link to a web site where employees can leave anonymous reviews about the company they work for. I will dig it up, so that you can read and weep. This company uses every trick in the book to scam players and if you don't see that, then you are the fool around here.

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Start reading JDub... http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/GREE-International-Reviews-E477773.htm

Here is one review out of many negative reviews... Here is proof that you seek!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gxg3o9.jpg

I suggest you sign up and read ALL of the comments to get a true understanding of what is like at GREE/Funzio and what the employees think of the company. Now come back and tell me different...

Maybe, you like being taken for a ride... better start squealing like a pig!

alphakennybody
11-17-2013, 06:09 AM
4862Ridiculousness

Gen CheeBye
11-17-2013, 07:06 AM
4862Ridiculousness

That's what I call a "scam". Need anymore proof JDub?

Esohceekayes
11-17-2013, 07:59 AM

No, it isn't random. We have NEVER been matched up with factions with millions of a/d, and now every single time we're matched up with someone who kicks our ass. Nothing about our faction has changed from last time. I don't really care what you think- I know this to be true.

Luuzer
11-17-2013, 11:16 AM
All of these are pure bull. Yet people run around believing it. Just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it right.

Luuzer, since rabbit analogies are what you seem to understand I'll explain it that way for you. What I'm saying is that there is a large group of people that think they see a rabbit off in the distance near a house. What they are actually seeing is a mirage made up in their own head because they want there to be a rabbit so bad that they can't admit that there isn't one. In this analogy your hungry for rabbit stew and I'm the property owner standing on my porch yelling down the driveway that there isn't a rabbit here. Deep down you know there isn't a rabbit or else you would walk up the driveway and point it out.

Like I said in my last post prove me wrong...........

Seems Ur not a long time player. U get bad matchups when Ur on ending a streak. We still havent got even a streak of 3. All the time we get too tough teams where we cant beat anyone (like top 25 teams etc). Last time was again try for 3 in streak...we got another "grees match" Only 2 or 3 of our strongest could hit their weakest. rest was staring at command centre. Last times there was 0 of us able to beat anyone. But thanks to gree, noone spent gold, see they really are trying to get people off from spending gold and playing for free or quit.

JDub
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Actually Luuzer I'm in a top 100 faction and have about a year and a half under my belt.

You win some you lose some. Still not one person has come close to providing any hard proof. Like I said I want to see one comment made by a current staff member of gree/funzio on this forum that says that its not random and only based on faction size. NOT THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN A FACTION but actually the member limit of the faction.

Anyone? Someone? Hello? I love this game. In the four months I have been begging someone to prove me wrong no one has come close to it. You would think if the rumors where all true then someone could point out the factual source.

sbs2716g
11-17-2013, 08:41 PM
our faction match up with a top 50 team... with 10 man only. they have only lvl1 wall. but DL n all the 9 guys are all at least 7 million def... no one in our faction can beat any one of them...

Dirty Mind
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Seems to me this is more of a comment about the crybabies in here than it is about matchups. I dont know everyones own personal situation. I actually do NOT have someone sitting here with a gun to my head forcing me to spend money, or even play this game. maybe some of you do. the constant whining is getting old though. this forum is more like a daycare than anything

Max Power
11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Actually Luuzer I'm in a top 100 faction and have about a year and a half under my belt.You win some you lose some. Still not one person has come close to providing any hard proof. Like I said I want to see one comment made by a current staff member of gree/funzio on this forum that says that its not random and only based on faction size. NOT THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN A FACTION but actually the member limit of the faction.Anyone? Someone? Hello? I love this game. In the four months I have been begging someone to prove me wrong no one has come close to it. You would think if the rumors where all true then someone could point out the factual source.If you are basing your logic on the fact that nobody from Gree has shared, well, thats about as flawed logic as I have ever seen. Moronic would be a kind description....

sraghav42
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
This strange thing had bern happening to me all the time during wd.

During Poland I joined a top 75 faction, I had barely any stats at that time and I was used up as a PA and wall banger, at that time people thought that if the lowest stat player declares the war they would get an easy matchup.
So they let me declare it and guess what we matched up with a top 10, we thought that it was a mismatch.
Next day they again told me to declare so I did and ..... we got matched up again with that same top 10 team.

When I joined a top 50 I did not declare any battle and it worked well...

Now I am in a top 200 faction and I declared and VOILA again a top 10 faction.... Am I cursed or what ????

JDub
11-17-2013, 10:07 PM
If you are basing your logic on the fact that nobody from Gree has shared, well, thats about as flawed logic as I have ever seen. Moronic would be a kind description....

So me wanting people to prove what they say is factual is moronic? What about the people that go around believing these stupid things in the first place with no proof? I'm the one pointing out that people need to stop believing in things that have no proof. Maybe you ought sit back and think about the conversation rather then jumping into something that's over your head.

This strange thing had bern happening to me all the time during wd.

During Poland I joined a top 75 faction, I had barely any stats at that time and I was used up as a PA and wall banger, at that time people thought that if the lowest stat player declares the war they would get an easy matchup.
So they let me declare it and guess what we matched up with a top 10, we thought that it was a mismatch.
Next day they again told me to declare so I did and ..... we got matched up again with that same top 10 team.

When I joined a top 50 I did not declare any battle and it worked well...

Now I am in a top 200 faction and I declared and VOILA again a top 10 faction.... Am I cursed or what ????

That would be because it doesn't matter who declares.

Luuzer
11-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Actually Luuzer I'm in a top 100 faction and have about a year and a half under my belt.

You win some you lose some. Still not one person has come close to providing any hard proof. Like I said I want to see one comment made by a current staff member of gree/funzio on this forum that says that its not random and only based on faction size. NOT THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN A FACTION but actually the member limit of the faction.

Anyone? Someone? Hello? I love this game. In the four months I have been begging someone to prove me wrong no one has come close to it. You would think if the rumors where all true then someone could point out the factual source.

we are a faction of members in the 40-s. We tried again for a 3 win streak..guess what....we got a top 60 team again against us with 58 members (dont even know how many billions that cost, we can only dream about those numbers) all over 2 mil defense (so only 2 of our whole group could hit their weakest). It was a pure luck, that they where sleeping or just doing defensive war, cause they scored less than 10k points against us and we finally got our 3 win streak.

About U not believeing, ask 90% of the factions, the streak is RIGGED BY GREE. When Ur getting close, U get ****ty matchup. Do U really think someone from gree would come here and say yes, we rigged the streak thingie? It wasnt like that 2 WD-s ago, but last WD and this WD the streak is rigged by them. Luckily they overtweaked it and most of the times they put up too tough matchups and noones gonna spend gold on command centre to gain up 200 000 point differense. But fun is gone out of WD, facing command centre at the end of the streak all the times is "very exiting."

totaljerkfaceallstar
11-18-2013, 03:38 AM
we are a faction of members in the 40-s. We tried again for a 3 win streak..guess what....we got a top 60 team again against us with 58 members (dont even know how many billions that cost, we can only dream about those numbers) all over 2 mil defense (so only 2 of our whole group could hit their weakest). It was a pure luck, that they where sleeping or just doing defensive war, cause they scored less than 10k points against us and we finally got our 3 win streak.

About U not believeing, ask 90% of the factions, the streak is RIGGED BY GREE. When Ur getting close, U get ****ty matchup. Do U really think someone from gree would come here and say yes, we rigged the streak thingie? It wasnt like that 2 WD-s ago, but last WD and this WD the streak is rigged by them. Luckily they overtweaked it and most of the times they put up too tough matchups and noones gonna spend gold on command centre to gain up 200 000 point differense. But fun is gone out of WD, facing command centre at the end of the streak all the times is "very exiting."

Maybe the game is not rigged but has something to do with the streak you are on? If "rank" is supposedly removed from the algorithm then maybe it was replaced by streak % (ie 1/2=50%)?

Dont shoot me down, but Im trying to fuel discussion.

Dutchie
11-18-2013, 03:42 AM
So me wanting people to prove what they say is factual is moronic? What about the people that go around believing these stupid things in the first place with no proof? I'm the one pointing out that people need to stop believing in things that have no proof. Maybe you ought sit back and think about the conversation rather then jumping into something that's over your head. That would be because it doesn't matter who declares.That is correct, it doesn't matter who declares but the match ups are still outrageous with more mismatches occurring than previous events and that is fact based on evidence from the teams we have been matched with in this event, teams we have never faced before that are impossible to beat. Many other factions will also testify to this. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

lemonhaze
11-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Guild increase destroys u now. I'm on a 13 man team since KYS booted me Ty KYS we just gotn8/8 winnstreaknan40k unit and 50 wins. We are 52-2 lol I'm gonna have room for n4 ppl next war If u want to pay 200 gold for. 500k in stats or pa200$ for. 550-600k gold on top 10'then have fun with that this streak thing is so much fun

Grizz875
11-18-2013, 04:33 AM
1200ish ranked team happens to get matched with a t250 just as we're ready for a streak reward. Coincidence? I think not....

Agent Orange
11-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Maybe the game is not rigged but has something to do with the streak you are on? If "rank" is supposedly removed from the algorithm then maybe it was replaced by streak % (ie 1/2=50%)?

Dont shoot me down, but Im trying to fuel discussion.

That would appear to be part of it, Dutchie was suggesting ranking had been removed as well.

As for jflub, well let him continue to post in ignorance.

keeskiller
11-18-2013, 07:09 AM
i give up.. we're on a winning streak and poef an 11 man faction with all 6 million + stats.. fawk. game is over

edit: NEVER MIND!!! WE'VE WON REGARDLESS!! what a team effort.

i like it

i am sure,

they don't xD!!

JDub
11-19-2013, 02:48 AM

So its ignorant to ask you to prove your belief? Judging by your post count you spend a lot of time reading here and if you can't prove your own belief with facts then what does that say about you? I'm just asking for one simple thing and no one including your self can answer it. That should tell you something.

If the smartest answer you can come up with is name calling that tells me right there I have already won this argument.

Dan Cai
11-19-2013, 05:24 AM
J dub you're full of ****, pull you're tongue out of grees arse. You're talking like your on the payroll. I spent Italy in a faction with 8 members getting trodden on by top 50 factions everytime we were on the verge of a streak. You sir are a fool or a troll if you really think that gree are angels.

The Phoenix II
11-19-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't think there is much doubt that Gree teams you up with a much higher ranked faction or another faction trying to finish of a streak ... As usual they are non transparent and silent on such matters ... Nothing changes and we still buy gold.

Greedidiots ... GreeDY ... I've seen all the names ... But we keep spending!

Who's the idiots? I think not Gree!!!

JDub
11-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm just asking a question. Point me to the source of the game mechanics you are complaining about. I have my own issues with gree. They are by no means perfect. I'm not debating that they are out to get people's money. I'm not debating that there are some things they do that seem to make things easier on top factions.

All I want to know is where did these rumors come from:

A low level player declaring war will match you with a low level faction.

Your place in a WD event dictates what faction you are pared with.

How many points you scored in the last war decides who you face in the next war.

This is all I'm asking. Is that really so hard? I'm not asking you to defend your political or religious views. There is no reason for everyone to get upset over someone wanting answers to simple questions.

Dan Cai
11-20-2013, 01:17 AM
So a level 53 player with 8 fac members sitting outside t1500 gets matched with 35 players a dl level 243 with 3.5 mil def, level 15 wall. That sounds right to you?

sirdirty11
11-20-2013, 06:17 AM
That would appear to be part of it, Dutchie was suggesting ranking had been removed as well.

AO-

I am in 2 factions, one is a top 25, and one is a top 1000. The top 25 got paired with SUP 5 times. 4/5 of those we on our 6/6 or 7/7 streak. Coincidence?

The top 1000 was paired with top 100 teams all weekend. If your top 1k, you have max, 1.8/2m attack (barring sneaky made-for-streak-teams). We were facting 3-4M.

No bueno.

Blehs
11-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Took the time to read through this entire post because it was just really interesting - its got more controversies and it might even have a troll fuelling the argument (i think).

JDub, since you like hard facts then here's one for you that even you cannot deny. WD faction matchups HAS DEFINITELY changed recently. Yes i consider this a hard fact. There's no numbers in it, its not a statement made by some authoritative figure, but its true.

Now you keep asking for proof for those previous rumours in an attempt to show that this is just another stupid rumour. You are correct in that a rumour is nothing more than a rumour until there is hard evidence to back it up. But its too much of a coincidence that there are many people who are experiencing these silly matchups (top 1000 against top 100? that shouldnt be allowed to happen).

Ok so the idea of random matchups might not be true, nor the fact that Gree intentionally tweaked it to prevent factions getting streak rewards - THESE are the rumours that have no proof for them. BUT ultimately this post is talking about how faction matchups has changed, and even you cannot deny this.

So i dont know why you seem to be so upset and opposed to people's opinions and thoughts on what exactly is going on, its human nature to try and come up with explanations for problems.

p.s. you can drop the whole argument about something not being true until a gree admin or whatever confirms it. You dont really believe they would come out and admit they tweaked something to make more money do you? I mean they've done some stupid things...but they arent THAT stupid.

RonaldPVincent
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Personally i think if you pay attention to the gree explanation of matchups what they say is 100% accurate. Its up to you to figure out how to use it to your advantage

Television
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree especially with all the LLPs, my faction didn't really have an issue, but it's an overall problem for 99% of factions.