PDA

View Full Version : Match up algorithm has ranking removed...

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Well done GREE! By removing ranking from the matchup algorithm, the matchups are so bad that it is beyond a joke. Another nail in the coffin...

KingDante!
11-16-2013, 01:19 PM
My faction
-Members: 2

Opponent
-Members: 46

Kill Joy
11-16-2013, 01:23 PM
I agree. We are getting nailed big time. We are currently in top 100. Not sure how, but we are :) and we are facing teams that are 10x stronger than us all around. Its completely screwed up. So many top teams have split up into these little mini teams, and are just screwing the game up. Its like man up, get on a full team, and face the game the way it is meant to be played. Running and hiding in a new mini faction every war is smart, but it is also very PU$$Y!!!

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 01:25 PM
My faction

Opponent

Great example!!! Keep 'em coming folks... What is your best matchup?

droffatsto50
11-16-2013, 01:30 PM
We're getting a mix, some really close matches that end up with 200 points between the two, some really easy and some that are just stupid...

Our first match was against a team that was 600 places below us last war, luckily for them it was when the whole thing messed up so that we couldn't fight

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 01:31 PM
@Kill Joy - You can't stop teams using this tactic but having ranking removed from the algorithm, it means that it is solely based on faction strength albeit with a very high variance to ensure a timely match up. It is this high variance that is causing the mismatches and has removed the fun from this particular event. Having the odd mismatch as in previous WD events, I could handle but in this particular event, it is far too many. We either face teams we can't fight or we face teams who can't fight us... BORING!!! Another part of the game that they have broken...

Brizzol
11-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Well I don't have the luxury to be a part of these wars at the moment due to Gree messing up the android transfer for my account...But saw in GroupMe that our team had a match up from a team where nobody had a target.

thunder
11-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Im in a very high faction higher than top 10. We have been against a 4.8. And 9 man faction all low level people what a joke

Sumiala
11-16-2013, 02:08 PM
@Kill Joy - You can't stop teams using this tactic but having ranking removed from the algorithm, it means that it is solely based on faction strength albeit with a very high variance to ensure a timely match up. It is this high variance that is causing the mismatches and has removed the fun from this particular event. Having the odd mismatch as in previous WD events, I could handle but in this particular event, it is far too many. We either face teams we can't fight or we face teams who can't fight us... BORING!!! Another part of the game that they have broken...

Hi Dutchie

I don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.
But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...!

Bobar
11-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Dutchie

I don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.
But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...!

I would like to know why they kill every fun-aspect in this game. used to be such fun.....

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi DutchieI don't mind the odd super match up back in the old days, when all you went for was WD points. Getting hammered back then was just a lesson in humility.But now it can totally be a pain if you are on a streak and only need one more win and then you face a much stronger team. That's where it hurts...! Streaks are now only for the super strong teams. Don't think we will even make 50 wins this time round... which will be a first! I can see another boatload of players leaving after this event... I'm teetering!

Syros
11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Well done GREE! By removing ranking from the matchup algorithm, the matchups are so bad that it is beyond a joke. Another nail in the coffin...

I'm not sure they could fit anymore nails if they tried, at this point I think the coffin is made of nails.

Gatecrasher
11-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Do away with the faction prizes at war time. It's completely messing the game up. If this carries I'm gonna have to quit. I don't blame anyone for manipulating the system and what an easy system to manipulate. It is when I see a good hard working faction getting stung by an obvious weakness and a refusal by the developers to come up with a fix. I was going to buy a vault of gold but I have changed my mind.

Bndawgs
11-16-2013, 02:37 PM
there's no way i would spend gold for the wd. just too many variables. just wait till they turn up the lopsided losses. that should make everyone forget about the poor matchups.

KFH
11-16-2013, 02:45 PM
we are either getting faction that score 5k points or ones that get 40k over us, none of them in between very poor matching

mreilly
11-16-2013, 02:51 PM
My faction

Opponent

Haha ouch. This is probably one of the best examples if true of how bad the rankings are. Did you plunker down a ton of gold for a win?

baylortex
11-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't mind since it makes it more competitive. Mini factions with a few super strong players that are set up for streaks
now have a challenge and something to worry about.

commander Don
11-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Our rank and members 345/9 drew 2/60

SheLovesMyCreampies
11-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Gree will sell you units to make up for this

droffatsto50
11-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know what position Team USA is in? After 15 mins they put 90k against us :(

MadAtWorld
11-16-2013, 04:22 PM
So, we are a smaller team, and not made up of monsters. We were doing ok, then every time we hit the final battle of a streak we would be matched with a team way out of our league. We spent way more gold than anyone should have to for one battle to win it by a hair, to everyone's surprise. Then on our next streak, first 2 were ok. Factions with 30+ more ppl than us but at least a few targets we could hit. Overall strength was 10x ours. The next 4 battles were desperate ones. But the final battle takes the cake. No way is the matching based on ANY of the criteria I have ever heard of. We are a low rank team most of the time, 750 tier. A little higher going into this battle but def not a top 25 team. We got put up against a Top 25. With over Twice the number of players that we had. And their smallest guy was bigger than our largest. In fact, if you added together the stats of our entire team you would be equal to their top 3 guys... so what, the other 25 are window dressing? As if that wasn't enough of an insult, Gree adds an injury... team members getting locked out of game with "server error" until the battle was over. Oh... and missing points. Have you ever looked at your points before you went for it, counted the number of hits and points scored, and then checked after? You might find more than a few missing. After my recent 3 communications with Gree I am thinking the frustration and anger is not the way I want to spend my leisure time.

Joe Op
11-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks GREE!

If i could ban you i would right now! I hope for next event you'll change it back to the old way. This is totally unfair.

W T F !!!

CDR Shepard
11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Haha ouch. This is probably one of the best examples if true of how bad the rankings are. Did you plunker down a ton of gold for a win?

Ohh its true, check sig. :) we are trying to manage...

Peppers
11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Streaks are now only for the super strong teams. Don't think we will even make 50 wins this time round... which will be a first! I can see another boatload of players leaving after this event... I'm teetering!

Hi Dutchie!

I sold off my base (IPH of 13m) and changed my name.

See if you can find me in your ally list?

Gree ruined a perfectly fun game. Its really too bad. I used to like it a lot.

Just wait till Raid Bosses come to MW. That will be the final nail.

pb23
11-16-2013, 05:10 PM

We have been matched against SUP1, SUP2, SUP3, TKO etc... and while that sucks, it's not really unfair. Those teams are by far the most stacked in the game. I don't think it's right for the #12 team to have to face them 8 times just so the top 50/75 teams are spared. Assuming they declare 60 times... Most teams in the top 60 should not be upset to see them once.

While ranked #30 or so we drew a top 1500 team... felt bad, but after playing a string of top 10 teams, we are forced to put it on them just to make up for lost points.

ploop
11-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Gree ruined a perfectly fun game. Its really too bad. I used to like it a lot.

You don't say

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi Dutchie!I sold off my base (IPH of 13m) and changed my name.See if you can find me in your ally list?Gree ruined a perfectly fun game. Its really too bad. I used to like it a lot.Just wait till Raid Bosses come to MW. That will be the final nail.I don't blame you... and I might not be far behind. Just started Battle Command! and it looks infinitely better than this crap. I'm still playing around with it and it has factions too, so I might try and persuade the friends I have made here to come and join me. I will play it a bit more to ensure, but so far so good!

P.S. Now I have to go and play "Spot the Chilli" :)

P.P.S. I'm now sucking the Chilli :) - I will leave some art behind when I do go :D

Dutchie
11-16-2013, 05:21 PM
We have been matched against SUP1, SUP2, SUP3, TKO etc... and while that sucks, it's not really unfair. Those teams are by far the most stacked in the game. I don't think it's right for the #12 team to have to face them 8 times just so the top 50/75 teams are spared. Assuming they declare 60 times... Most teams in the top 60 should not be upset to see them once. While ranked #30 or so we drew a top 1500 team... felt bad, but after playing a string of top 10 teams, we are forced to put it on them just to make up for lost points.We still beat you ;P - You guys were one of the fairer matchups we had. Not saying one doesn't get any, but the proportion has changed with a better chance of getting an extreme matchup like your top 1500 team. It has changed significantly since the last WD event and for the worse.

alphakennybody
11-16-2013, 08:07 PM
My faction

Opponent
Our guys
-Members :4

Them
-Members:60

KingDante!
11-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Our guys
-Members :4

Them
-Members:60
I feel your pain

US
-Members 2
-Rank 1742

Them
-Members 60
-Rank Top 250

alphakennybody
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I feel your pain

US
-Members 2
-Rank 1742

Them
-Members 60
-Rank Top 250
It's ridiculous my friend.

CDR Shepard
11-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I just am upset that yet again I feel decieved and taken advantage of. I don't mind changes, but I do mind the changes of EVERYTHING for the sake of more revenue even if screwing the paying customer over, and not INFORMING ANYONE of these changes...and these are BIG changes, not "oh, by the way..." changes GREE!

Luuzer
11-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Well I don't have the luxury to be a part of these wars at the moment due to Gree messing up the android transfer for my account...But saw in GroupMe that our team had a match up from a team where nobody had a target.

last wartime we had atleast 5 of those battles, this war seems even worse. We even got a top 25 team....atleast they got 200 000 points from us and we stared at the command centre almoust 10 000 points worth :D

I would like to know why they kill every fun-aspect in this game. used to be such fun.....

because someone was stupid enough to think that to get 3 win streak people would spend gold to make even 200 000 points difference....boy they where wrong. There are more and more battles where no gold is spent at all, if our strongest cant beat their weakest, then no gold goes at all....

General Raub
11-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Just goes to show guild increase means nothing !

pb23
11-16-2013, 10:15 PM
My current battle is 50 players vs 5 players... LOL.

pb23
11-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Just goes to show guild increase means nothing !

You're wrong about that.

Gen CheeBye
11-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I feel your pain

US
-Members 2
-Rank 1742

Them
-Members 60h
-Rank Top 250

That's not too bad KD. I heard there was another 2-man faction that got matched with a top 10 ranked faction. Wanna give it a try? lol

Allday
11-16-2013, 11:56 PM
This is what happens when tons of people get on here and complain. "It's not fair we got faced with streak team". Hello S1 or S2.

CDR Shepard
11-17-2013, 12:10 AM
That's not too bad KD. I heard there was another 2-man faction that got matched with a top 10 ranked faction. Wanna give it a try? lol

At that point Gen rank is irrelevant. If you have 60+ members that spend gold on massive number of CC hits and communicate its gonna be a rough day...

WI(AusNz)
11-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Our top 100 faction of 50 members got matched with a super faction of about 10 mini's. Needless to say each one of them were too strong for any of us to even wipe their feet. They won easily but what surprised me is their total WD points so was much lower than ours.

It was a group formed for only winning streaks and they don't give a hoot about WD points

droffatsto50
11-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Had been faced by Katies Great Crew, well done to them for winning but probably 300 spaces between us :/

Zepson
11-17-2013, 03:26 AM
My faction

Opponent

They don't want you to get the 50 wins (again) and the X wins a row either...

Drakhoan
11-17-2013, 04:57 AM
I feel your pain

US
-Members 2
-Rank 1742

Them
-Members 60
-Rank Top 250

Might not have been a problem if you weren't in a 2 man faction with super stats. What do you think the teams around your 1500-2000 rank would say if they met you during a war... I know I would be a bit irked.

kelvinng
11-17-2013, 06:20 AM
we are a 60 member faction, got match with a 4 man faction, all their level is less than 50. Kind of sad for both team, they can;t win, we can't score much. end up hitting their cc got us better point then hitting them.

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 06:26 AM
They don't want you to get the 50 wins (again) and the X wins a row either...

Yes they do... but only with untold amounts of gold SUP style...

Gatecrasher
11-17-2013, 07:09 AM
It's easy enough to fix. Factions should be matched by number of members and total stats. Let the super mini's fight each other for wins.

lemonhaze
11-17-2013, 07:40 AM
I would like to know why they kill every fun-aspect in this game. used to be such fun..... i been wondering that to..it use to be u get on a team and got to know the members bc no one wanted to leave esp of i are a top 10 team..last war we had 2 leaders take thier LLP out wit about 1hr to go so couldnt get no replacement..what did they do took they LLP to a faction that got the 50 wins and some streaks bc KYS dont know how to do it...all they have is plenty of gold to waste...they cant tap tap tap refil buy vault theuy way to this strek units..but alll the fun things that was fun as u said gree kills it off for some inknown reason

ryguy8899
11-17-2013, 08:38 AM
No kidding

Norseman
11-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Stop the whining, if you are beaten after being matched with a SUPerior faction. At least you get to be matched in a reasonable time. Try being in top 3 and look at how long we would have to wait to match. LLP factions match within 1 min in 9/10 instances. We wait on average more than 15 min.

So you think high rank teams should wait even longer so you match teams you can score on?

Well you can still score on us. Hit our CC, CCs sole purpose is so one could score against any team. Only a few can win against any team, time to face this fact!

Gatecrasher
11-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Faction rewards during WD event should be set to the number of individual battles each faction wins. This will reward the strong hard working factions as I assume it was meant to. It's a win win for gree. The superminis who are getting massive stats for nothing would lose their incentive to mess up the game for everyone else. They can go back and join their big factions and empty their trust funds into grees greedy pockets for all I care.

Buffkin
11-17-2013, 11:36 AM
is extremely comical. All the "WTF is going on??" type messages hahahah

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Stop the whining, if you are beaten after being matched with a SUPerior faction. At least you get to be matched in a reasonable time. Try being in top 3 and look at how long we would have to wait to match. LLP factions match within 1 min in 9/10 instances. We wait on average more than 15 min.So you think high rank teams should wait even longer so you match teams you can score on?Well you can still score on us. Hit our CC, CCs sole purpose is so one could score against any team. Only a few can win against any team, time to face this fact!

That is not the point. It is clear you haven't even read this thread. Matching has changed considerably since the last WD event but you wouldn't notice that. What would be better if the matching system was more transparent and you could pick your battles based on certain criteria. Trouble is GREE's product managers are lazy, uninspiring and don't think clever. They just churn out crap so long it generates money from players like you, who are willing to pump serious amounts into a broken game.

They have changed it so that there is a higher variance and you either face teams that can't beat you or teams that you can't beat, whereas in previous events it was closer and you actually had good fights where both teams have targets.

I am not saying that this is the case for all battles, but we find that there are more and more instances of extreme matchups and that makes for very boring gameplay. We have no problem having the occasional matchup where you can't beat the other team as has occurred in previous events, but this is becoming the norm now. I don't bemoan them, it happens and we accept these fights, but when it is every other fight, it becomes tedious and you wonder what is the point of playing...

B!ll
11-17-2013, 01:08 PM
It's easy enough to fix. Factions should be matched by number of members and total stats. Let the super mini's fight each other for wins.

Exactly right. We have a faction of 30 and just faced a faction of two and each had a def of over 6 mil. Match up should be the average power, not total.

Norseman
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
That is not the point. It is clear you haven't even read this thread. Matching has changed considerably since the last WD event but you wouldn't notice that. What would be better if the matching system was more transparent and you could pick your battles based on certain criteria. Trouble is GREE's product managers are lazy, uninspiring and don't think clever. They just churn out crap so long it generates money from players like you, who are willing to pump serious amounts into a broken game.

They have changed it so that there is a higher variance and you either face teams that can't beat you or teams that you can't beat, whereas in previous events it was closer and you actually had good fights where both teams have targets.

I am not saying that this is the case for all battles, but we find that there are more and more instances of extreme matchups and that makes for very boring gameplay. We have no problem having the occasional matchup where you can't beat the other team as has occurred in previous events, but this is becoming the norm now. I don't bemoan them, it happens and we accept these fights, but when it is every other fight, it becomes tedious and you wonder what is the point of playing...

I understand a lot more than you are able to do.
Matching has been altered into this:
One need to be strong in a strong team to succeed with the streaks, but one will wait longer for match ups the higher a faction is ranked.

This matching and pairing with comparable factions still takes so long time for some of us that it almost make it impossible to fight 56 wars during 72 hours.

So I would like this desirable variance should continue to grow until we match withing 5-10min...

Everyone should be given a chance to fight at least 60 wars during a WD event, then one might look into how to make the wars more even.

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I understand a lot more than you are able to do. Matching has been altered into this: One need to be strong in a strong team to succeed with the streaks, but one will wait longer for match ups the higher a faction is ranked. This matching and pairing with comparable factions take so long time for some of us that it almost make it impossible to fight 56 wars during 72 hours. So I would like this desirable variance should continue to grow until we match withing 5-10min... Cry me a river... So long the top guys are sorted, fook the rest! Nice one! The game is broken and the stats inflation with modifiers is creating the gulf that is turning into a tsunami. I understand exactly where this game is going...

ASHOdamatel
11-17-2013, 02:50 PM
This is my first post in a very long time but I can't help but make a comment. With all of the changes to the game seems as though GREE has made all these changes for SUP keeping the average player from being able to catch up to them or even come close to their stats. The team I am on everytime we get close to getting a streak going we are matched up against one of the many sup teams we are still on 2/9 of Faction Prestige we will get to 2/3 and one of the sup teams is our next match up. This is horrible!!!! The past boss event was just as bad inproved my stats over 1.5 million and only leveled up once from previous boss event. With my stats improving that much should have been able to get more boss's than previous or remained even but no 12 less boss's and used gold for the last seven. Previous boss event no gold. I have been playing over a year and think as many have done time to find a new game and SUP can ply with themselves

Brizzol
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
I think they should change the match up algorithm so that it works off the average attack/def of the two competing factions. This would fix all the problems so match ups would be fair for both teams and most people would have a target therefore both teams would have a chance to win. We would prefer to wait a couple of extra minutes to get a team we have a chance of winning against than a fast matchup with a team who's weakest member is better than our strongest member....That would give both teams a chance to meet their goals and keep faction goals moving forwards.

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Indeed... this is becoming the realisation for many now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and made some great friends online.

RMSwarrior
11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Bit off topic...we're at war now SOG vs TTB... We stand down..you get your streak ;-) leuk is anders..

Dutchie
11-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Bit off topic...we're at war now SOG vs TTB... We stand down..you get your streak ;-) leuk is anders.. We are at the start of a new streak... We are just scoring points as we couldn't score any in our last 2 battles. Sorry vriend maar jij heb gelijk! Ik zit F1 aan te kijken...

Norseman
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Cry me a river... So long the top guys are sorted, fook the rest! Nice one! The game is broken and the stats inflation with modifiers is creating the gulf that is turning into a tsunami. I understand exactly where this game is going...

Catching up with a top WD team has never been easier with all the other events, but yes it requires some coordinated spending. Also the tragedy isn't the fact that free players aren't getting top awards, but the total disrespect for other top 10 teams. They fare even worse with the current system. They spend, but are left without proper any proper awards during WD. The moster units from WD LTQs could just as well require 50 wars won, a top 10 total WD placing, together with 1000 individual wins.

This game does not require a lot of active free players to continue, but it takes a few more paying customers than just SUP.

Gatecrasher
11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Cry me a river... So long the top guys are sorted, fook the rest! Nice one! The game is broken and the stats inflation with modifiers is creating the gulf that is turning into a tsunami. I understand exactly where this game is going...

It's gone to ****!

Just a few die hards left screwing themselves over while the rest of us gradually move elsewhere.

Web323
11-17-2013, 09:40 PM
This has been a joke!!!!

Dope
11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Dutchie, is that battle command or battle command!

General Flame
11-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Now GREE has screwed everything up again.... Now it's pretty hard to try to complete those missions

Dutchie
11-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Dutchie, is that battle command or battle command! Battle Command! (With the exclamation mark). It is only been out a week or two and it isn't just tap tap tap...

Dutchie
11-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Now GREE has screwed everything up again.... Now it's pretty hard to try to complete those missionsGREE have screwed themselves... Arrogant management! I don't blame the employees who come on here and try to do their best. It is sad that they have been screwed by GREE management who couldn't manage a p1ss up in a brewery or a fook in a brothel...

stephen2013
11-18-2013, 05:46 AM
We matched sup III, that wasn't very fun. Thankfully we weren't on a good streak.

User001
11-18-2013, 06:01 AM
How about rank 390 faction(last war) against Sup3

Arc Burn
11-18-2013, 06:47 AM
How about rank 390 faction(last war) against Sup3

if it was sup-III that's kinda fair...168 v 390
Sup 3 65 v 390 a little less fair

we have all got good and bad...oh well

Grizz875
11-18-2013, 06:56 AM
1220 vs a top 250...

keeskiller
11-18-2013, 07:11 AM
sup3? we've beatn them just be smart ;)

User001
11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Dont know how, we are 47 players in our faction, best atk is 2.5 mil, and in the opponent faction the weakest had had more def than that

SevenO9
11-18-2013, 10:23 AM
No the algorithm is fine. We just got SUP1 twice in a row. Business as usual :cool:

sbs2716g
11-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Dont know how, we are 47 players in our faction, best atk is 2.5 mil, and in the opponent faction the weakest had had more def than that

on the last day, we face 4 consecutive factions with such situations.. cant get points at all.. in the 3 days, we face at least 7-8 factions with much higher defense than everyone, or some faction with one or two Lvl 9 or lvl 15 llp which we can only score lousy points...

Major Elvis Newton
11-18-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm in a top 25 and we faced SUP as well as lots of top 150. You can't expect to never get hit with an unfair matchup. SUP can't just battle with top 10 constantly. It did seem like we would get hit with an exceptionally unbalanced battle on the last win of a streak though.

Dutchie
11-18-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm in a top 25 and we faced SUP as well as lots of top 150. You can't expect to never get hit with an unfair matchup. SUP can't just battle with top 10 constantly. It did seem like we would get hit with an exceptionally unbalanced battle on the last win of a streak though.Coincidence? Funny how this happened to so many factions that I speak to. Randomness my arse!

Dansgek
11-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Well we faced a few Factions in our streaks:
3/4 and 4/5 to top 50, 5/8 and 2/8 again high ranked teams.
We were around rank 1200 and matched with top 100 factions for 6 times the first day. We won 4 but lost 2. Yes we were going for streaks with 8 persons. And only were able to make it to 8/8 this time because of the match ups.
At the other hand, this is how the game is played.
50 wins was still easy.