PDA

View Full Version : Gold sale

Steve1302
11-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Why has this finished all ready ? Was about to buy another 650 but
not paying full price when its normally on sale riggt throughout the battle.
Take a guess at gree'd trying to make more money

Schloesser
11-16-2013, 09:10 AM
The sale was such a success they sold-out. Honest

Steve1302
11-16-2013, 09:12 AM
The sale was such a success they sold-out. Honest

I would expect an answer like that from gree lol

Schloesser
11-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I would expect an answer like that from gree lol

Not trying for a job with them - they're going bust soon!

Emperor886
11-16-2013, 10:57 AM
When I first saw the sale and the time left for it, I figured they were doing a 20% to get everyone's money, and then a 40% following it to get everyone's mortgage/car payments as well.

Time will tell.

Bandit_
11-16-2013, 11:22 AM
I hadn't bought my gold for this event yet. I am not willing to pay full price. I guess I wont make my IP requirement this battle and will be kicked from my syndicate. At this point I really don't care, with the state of the game as it has been recently, I am going to look elsewhere to spend my entertainment money.

Schloesser
11-16-2013, 12:01 PM
I hadn't bought my gold for this event yet. I am not willing to pay full price. I guess I wont make my IP requirement this battle and will be kicked from my syndicate. At this point I really don't care, with the state of the game as it has been recently, I am going to look elsewhere to spend my entertainment money.

Congrats sir for beating Gree - instead of buying 2 vaults this weekend, I bought some games for my laptop which are actually engaging and I don't have to spend a grand before Christmas just to stand still and/or have random mess-ups

Touch Down
11-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Here's my long shot on this.

The new format may not be making as much money as Gree hopped for?
The final days of battle saw less and less gold being purchased?

Part of sales and marketing strategies is to create a bit of urgency when sales are on. The fact it is for a limited time only and people don't want to miss out on the "deal"
There will be a lot of people thinking "I don't want to get caught short, so I better stock up on gold"
Towards the end of battle if people are desperate they will probably purchase more gold no matter if it is at full price.

Think of each gold as a unit or product. If Gree are going to sell x amount of units per time period they are better off selling it at full margin instead of 20% off and make some more money.

Granted they will piss a few people off such as Bandit but I'm sure at the end of it all they will make more and give themselves a pat on the back.
As a business the sole aim is to make money. All companies say they care about their customers but all they want to do is keep them coming back for more.

I would love to see the sale go right through like it normally does and I feel sorry for those that missed out. But I dont think we can blame Gree for wanting more income.

CCKallDAY
11-16-2013, 02:30 PM
great!

extracharacters

Bariel
11-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I believe the gold for MW is on sale for the full 3 days like it usually is in CC.

Perhaps Gree changed it for CC players for the refunds that people were getting after the raid boss? Although gold bonus program changed for CC only so perhaps they just don't like us any more

Crime Kity
11-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Darn was looking to buy some gold today.

Bones101
11-16-2013, 05:51 PM
We need more gold!!

Irishs01
11-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Too bad about the gold sale being over. I won't be buying any.

triple OG
11-16-2013, 08:26 PM
That's f'ed up Gree, I pay full price for gold to get 1,200 wins. And the f'n gold goes on sale a little while later. How do I get my $20 diffrence back? I didn't post anything when when I was locked out for 7 hours from the game on Friday and barely had enough time to buy a few vaults. The only reason for posting in here is because I can't start a new thread.

Bar00n
11-17-2013, 03:05 AM
I bought a vault 2 days ago and have still not gotten it:/