PDA

View Full Version : Restart (with stipulation) or Cancel or Lower Challenge Goals

Senator McCarthy
11-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Gree should have immediately halted battle when they realized there is a widespread problem to the game.

By allowing battle to continue... they are compounding the problem here and my fear is their solution to the problem will even be worse.

Best option is to cancel battle and refund gold spent by players because it seems certain "wins" by syndicates are not even registering besides the issue of a lot of players unable to log onto the game.

If Gree just decides to let the game play out... just lower the syndicate/individual goals (i.e. instead of 50 wins make it 45 for cumulative prize [depending on when the game gets fixed] and ditto with other goals).

If Gree decides to restart... Do not extend battle time. Battles are already tedious and too long and most people work on Monday's and you will have more people rage quit. Also lower the syndicate/individual goals as well in this scenario.

*Longer this drags on... Gree should just cancel and refund gold spent by players. This problem hasn't been fixed in 4 hours and counting.

Shannonator
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree Big Mac!

Bariel
11-15-2013, 02:22 PM
They can't refund our time spent/wasted and that's more valuable than a few bucks $$

ploop
11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
i agree. ps nice signature lol

size16
11-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Was quite excited about this war..... now . . . . . FATIGUE AND APATHY.

I'd start a Meh thread but who can be bothered

These nihilistic feelings for the game are I'm sure shared by many Gree staff. Some group or department there clearly can't be bothered doing their job. Does it rotate?

WHO CARES ANYMORE????

not i

Ciara
11-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Neither of those solutions does anything for those screwed over again - as if we weren't appallingly treated in the last fiasco(s). All those who can't even get in to play are missing out on LTB, LTQ, battle and win streaks. I could have been down the pub, for goodness sake. Instead of which I'm seething that we can't help our team.

BigMoney
11-15-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?74560-Battle-for-Empire-City-Financial-District-Fallout&p=1076262&viewfull=1#post1076262

Just to preempt any boneheaded decision by Gree, please understand players will be upset at losing an hour towards their wins and win streak goals, NOT at losing an hour (or more) of battle. Extending war again will upset alnost everyone, and I recommend instead just shaving off a win required from the middle of the win/win streak goals. E.g. instead of win 5 in a row, lower that goal to 4 in a row as well. Or shave more off depending on how long players are locked out. This gives everyone the same opportunity to improve their war prizes, while still requiring players to play for the benefit (so no free handouts), and it also doesn't unfairly punish top teams by requiring 6 more hours of gold spending on their part to maintain their placement.

I think it'd be a better idea to shave wins of the early/middle goals, than to adjust the final number. Lowering the final win prize from 50 wins to 45 wins doesn't affect teams that would only make it to 40 wins anyway, etc.

Senator McCarthy
11-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Why not just lower it across the board? I don't think Gree will do any of this. They will just extend battle time and piss off everyone. LOL

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?74560-Battle-for-Empire-City-Financial-District-Fallout&p=1076262&viewfull=1#post1076262

I think it'd be a better idea to shave wins of the early/middle goals, than to adjust the final number. Lowering the final win prize from 50 wins to 45 wins doesn't affect teams that would only make it to 40 wins anyway, etc.

Shannonator
11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Big Mac I hope this excuses me from battle at the moment.

BigMoney
11-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Why not just lower it across the board? I don't think Gree will do any of this. They will just extend battle time and piss off everyone. LOL

What do you mean, "across the board"? If they remove a win required for one of the win goals (or 1 win for every hour players are locked out), the difficulty of the win goals remains about the same.

For the difficulty of the win streaks, it's harder to judge how adding/subtracting wins affects things, but I judged the difficulty of doing the streaks based on how many hours you have to "spare." That is, there are 73 hours of battle, and you need 56 wins (splash says 55 because GREE can't add). So that is 17 hours to spare. Meaning, if you lose on your 5-win streak when you were 3/5, you just lost 4 hours, and now have 13 hours to spare. By GREE locking players out entirely for 2 hours, that's 2 hours against you, and significantly less breathing room for absolutely no reason.

If you mean lower the 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 12 streaks to 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 8, 11, then I disagree with that since that since that's a streak of 47 instead of 56, which is far, far easier to obtain, and not really a fair trade-off for losing ~2 hours or whatever.

Senator McCarthy
11-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Any equitable solution disappears longer this problem drags on. It has been over 4 hours and counting. I think canceling battle is the best option but Gree will probably not do that.

What do you mean, "across the board"? If they remove a win required for one of the win goals (or 1 win for every hour players are locked out), the difficulty of the win goals remains about the same.

For the difficulty of the win streaks, it's harder to judge how adding/subtracting wins affects things, but I judged the difficulty of doing the streaks based on how many hours you have to "spare." That is, there are 73 hours of battle, and you need 56 wins (splash says 55 because GREE can't add). So that is 17 hours to spare. Meaning, if you lose on your 5-win streak when you were 3/5, you just lost 4 hours, and now have 13 hours to spare. By GREE locking players out entirely for 2 hours, that's 2 hours against you, and significantly less breathing room for absolutely no reason.

If you mean lower the 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 12 streaks to 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 8, 11, then I disagree with that since that since that's a streak of 47 instead of 56, which is far, far easier to obtain, and not really a fair trade-off for losing ~2 hours or whatever.