PDA

View Full Version : Intel Groups - a ruining curve!!!

ash.dew
11-14-2013, 08:41 PM
I have seen lots of top factions making Intel Groups to share info on other teams they meet during War Domination event. I'd say a smart move but dudes, you're making this game more sick! There's already no fun in this game. I would surely miss the adventure and excitement of war.
For those who don't know about this, I'd like to put a little insight into this. There are groups who accommodates 20-25 factions which they seem stronger compared to themselves and coordinate war and share the list of members and their defence stats among each other. In this way they avoid each other in battles and help each other and may ruin other factions who didn't get a chance but surely ruining the game.

This long into game has me knowing so many people that nothing looks new and on top of that, this sharing Intel. So it's like you are trying to prove you're stronger by facing weaker guys. Sounds cool!!!

The other way around, it's a wise move because you wanna be the best and don't wanna lose anything in war.

Well, these are just my personal thoughts. Not too sure, if I should be involved in this for how long. I just started feeling SICK about it.

Zulfiqaar
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Factions helping factions is totally ok..with bosses, ltqs, or wars.
But yes, it does give an advantage to those factions...but isnt that the point?

For some, it may be more fun without intel, but for others its a way of reducing gold spend
Its really upto the faction..

Einszwei
11-15-2013, 02:13 AM
To be honest having intel to yourself fine, sharing intel with 1 or 2 other factions fine but sharing with a large group of players uncalled for and that is ruining the game in what ruined the game was the faction LTQ during war time you either won a ton or lost a ton. Now factions don;t give 2 craps about the WD prizes instead they drop into the top 100 or so group and get those steaks, that just ruins the fun as well as kills the chance for small top 1000 faction to maybe get that winstreak prize

Mcdoc
11-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Bigger picture - use less gold :)

Einszwei
11-15-2013, 02:21 AM

WOW! McDoc how could you though lol, but still gotta feel sorry for those small factions

ash.dew
11-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Totally agreed!! Lower ranked factions are surely pissed off.

To be honest having intel to yourself fine, sharing intel with 1 or 2 other factions fine but sharing with a large group of players uncalled for and that is ruining the game in what ruined the game was the faction LTQ during war time you either won a ton or lost a ton. Now factions don;t give 2 craps about the WD prizes instead they drop into the top 100 or so group and get those steaks, that just ruins the fun as well as kills the chance for small top 1000 faction to maybe get that winstreak prize

How could you do that, McDoc? The day won't be far when all top 50 factions would find themselves in a group and try coordinating war and sharing Intel, then what? :)

Mcdoc
11-15-2013, 03:11 AM
How could you do that, McDoc? The day won't be far when all top 50 factions would find themselves in a group and try coordinating war and sharing Intel, then what? :)What makes you think that isn't already happening ? ? ?

SGT Rud
11-15-2013, 05:19 AM
ha ha ha ha ha

CJ D
11-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Lol. Ok. I'll bite since my post was on the front page.

First, to think that intel sharing is a new phenomenon is naive. It has been in effect since the start. Nothing new here.

Second, sharing intel has nothing to do with trying to face weaker factions. Not really even sure how I could go about doing that.

Finally, it is a way to cut costs on scouting. Period. That's what I started our group for anyway. I don't care if I get blasted in the process!! I'm level 193 with only 1.7 mil defense. Juicy target...come get me! See...that's what it's for. Nothing more.

rar
11-15-2013, 06:56 AM
I second that Stg Rud, ha ha ha ha.

ha ha ha ha ha

BigTex87
11-15-2013, 07:29 AM
I have played with and without Intel sharing and it is more fun with. There is no difference between this and the LTQ and Boss walkthrough posted on the forum. You all start out blind in the beginning but as we share info it helps pick targets and plan gold use.

SGT Rud
11-15-2013, 08:07 AM
I didnt want to get into the details of it, cause it kinda feels like trade secrets to me, but since its been brought up. But the principle here, mainly addressing fighting weaker factions, isnt accurate. I could say that if all top 10 teams shared intel, no scouting, just when they declared, so as not to get paired with each other, then yes, they will enevitably fight less then top 10 factions. Weaker, maybe. But intel sharing from top 50-150, if there are 10 factions in the intel sharing, planning so not to get paired, would leave you with 90 other factions in the same tier as you, weaker? very doubtful.

Since this has been brought up as well - Cost saving. Yes it saves you money. If your faction requires 150K wd points to stay, and you suffer through scouting, and incur 4 losses, you need a 25 gold refill to make up the points lost. But, if you have intel from another group that fought them the battle prior to this one, you already know NOT TO HIT THOSE PEOPLE. You will then already know how to hit, incur 0 losses, and not need 25 gold more to make your 150K required wd points.

Both of the above notes require a high level of commitment, planning, and coordination. Its not easy to run a good intel group. Some groups do a ton of faction jumping to help those in groups, while others remain as their team and still complete the faction goals. Every person is going to have their own opinion on what they think is fair, or what the outcome is going to be.

My drill instructor for a specific army course I went through, used to drill it into our heads as hard as you could drive a nail with a jack hammer, the difference between cover and concealment. Always asked, which is better? With cover, like a brick wall, allows the enemy to not hit you, but he knows your there. Concealment, like a bush, allows the enemy to not know your there, but could hit you.

VetteDream
11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I joined Cj D's Intel group yesterday and I don't feel a bit ashamed. Last war was very frustrating due to the inflation of defense scores, so if I can put forth the effort to give and receive some Intel I see it as a good strategy for myself and my teammates. I mean come on who likes wasting all your hits and losing while trying to find a target, not this guy!

mreilly
11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Whats the op complaining about when he says lower factions get screwed? Lower factions aren't sharing intel... they have no need to. And how do you think the sup groups get their streaks? By not facing each other which is easy to coordinate when not declaring war at the same time..

TheRain
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Yes theses groups are sooooo awful..... Have you noticed how the scores have been going down (before new streaks goals), I guess not or you would have noticed the players are winning, taking money from a greedy corporation and giving it back the players...
I guess having Allies didnt help in any real war/combat either....

How about you join a group and get stronger. Odds are you are complaining becasue you stats suck and cant get into a good faction. That is our own fault.

Agent Orange
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
At this point a working game would probably suffice

King little fruit fly
11-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Where can I get/share intel, PM me?

King little fruit fly
11-15-2013, 12:09 PM
I already have intel on 4 factions while you guys sitting and waiting, who want to share intel, PM me!!