PDA

View Full Version : WTF GREE!?!?! Changing rewards after they are given!?

SOF
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
You change the bonus given on units that people have already been rewarded!? Air defense is much better for most than infantry defense... and a 3% attack increase is way better with current stats than a 3% defense increase. What in the world are you guys thinking? Many people have spent a ton of cash on these rewards only to have them changed. This is unethical at best.

Ivan the Dictator
11-12-2013, 01:52 PM
lol you're late

SOF
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
When did that happen!? *** Never mind got my answer!! ***

SOF
11-12-2013, 01:56 PM
To me this is the equivalent of dropping a unit's stats by 30k after rewarding you the unit behind your back. I just don't get what goes on in the decision makers of this company's heads.

Sumiala
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
If this is the case, then that is called switch-n-bait: illegal.
Guess it would be ok if no real money was involved, but if people paid for a product (albeit pixels) then one cannot simply chance it, unless both parties agree.
Guess no-one was asked...

SOF
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
If this is the case, then that is called switch-n-bait: illegal.
Guess it would be ok if no real money was involved, but if people paid for a product (albeit pixels) then one cannot simply chance it, unless both parties agree.
Guess no-one was asked...
My thoughts exactly

Thief
11-12-2013, 04:42 PM
To be fair they just switched the rewards unit types between the 2 units.

So now you have 20% infantry and 15-21% Air Vs. before you had 20% air and 15-21% infantry. The change occured on day 2 so most likely no one had spent money on day 1.

If they had offered a prize for 100 Bosses and increased the bosses then that might have been a bait and switch but in the end it means almost nothing different.

CJ54
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Wasn't intentional. One of the units wasn't giving a bonus properly when the event launched, and in the process of fixing that someone accidentally switched the bonus types. At this point we're inclined to leave it as is, since historically when we change something again after it has been out a couple of days, we get backlash from people who have gotten used to it.

An F-15 giving an infantry boost is kind of weird thematically, I'll admit. Did someone give it a rifle? Is it trundling around on the ground with a giant bayonet attached to the front? We'll never know.

DaBoss!
11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Wasn't intentional. One of the units wasn't giving a bonus properly when the event launched, and in the process of fixing that someone accidentally switched the bonus types. At this point we're inclined to leave it as is, since historically when we change something again after it has been out a couple of days, we get backlash from people who have gotten used to it.

An F-15 giving an infantry boost is kind of weird thematically, I'll admit. Did someone give it a rifle? Is it trundling around on the ground with a giant bayonet attached to the front? We'll never know.

F-15 could be the name of a soldier:p

iZheil9152
11-12-2013, 07:39 PM
F-15 could be the name of a soldier:pwearing a plane suit

dpghost mobile
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
I was sure that there's an attack bonus in the prizes, but as you wrote it seems that its a simple switch
I'll bow my head and make small critical noise, but... only small critical noises

Hooligany
11-12-2013, 08:53 PM

I dont see issue of a plane giving a infantry boost. Some other units also boost other segments.
In theory, a fighter plane can boost infantry by being called in for reinforcement by infantry... Fighter planes can sweep off targets before the infantry takes over.

SOF
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM

CJ, first off thank you for responding... I'd be fine with this if the boost was of the same caliber. Switching an attack boost with a defense boost is not equal with the way stats are right now. Also an air boost is much more valuable than an infantry boost. Anyone who has been playing the game for any period of time knows that. This should go back to how it was originally advertised. It's dishonest to not do so. By the way, this didn't fix anything. Android still isn't stacking the boosts.

Badass action man
11-13-2013, 12:49 AM

when u rectify u give both boosts to the unit. durrr. ur boys messed up. apologise with actions. words dont mean much from u guys anymore. wheres our more communication?? (im glad u at least respond to some threads that suit u). u release new events with no details. then when we do well u change the rules like these boss events and wins no longer stacking. some ethics wuldnt hurt u guys. i promise, having a soul feels so good :P

free play
11-13-2013, 01:52 AM
which units and bonus are you talking about, havnt noticed a change yet, would be good to get the unit name and what event it belonged to, I take screen shots every few days as you never know what gree will do to mess up the game,

Mastert55!
11-13-2013, 02:36 AM
To me this is the equivalent of dropping a unit's stats by 30k after rewarding you the unit behind your back. I just don't get what goes on in the decision makers of this company's heads.

I think that their ideas are put into a hat then when nobody is playing/alseep, they commence their "update" and confuse everyone then the forum goes crazy with hateful criticism on how they (including myself) spent soo much money on a pixelated image to make imaginary stats jump a tad bit.

Just kidding, no but thankfully it wasn't THAT big of a mix up (me and my faction have agreed on).

@CJ, that would be hilariously funny, when on the battle
Field a giant plane with a saber duct taped on the front rolling slowly at you, might even scare you a bit:)

Kick A$$
11-13-2013, 03:11 AM
Thief da man!! Seems like you never leave a chance to support GREE's move. Are you getting free gold from them or are you one of them? :D
So basically you meant to say you ordered a chilled coke and a hot pizza so it doesn't affect you if you're delivered hot boiling coke and cold pizza. lmfao height of nonsense!

Thanks CJ for the explanation behind the switch!

To be fair they just switched the rewards unit types between the 2 units.

So now you have 20% infantry and 15-21% Air Vs. before you had 20% air and 15-21% infantry. The change occured on day 2 so most likely no one had spent money on day 1.

If they had offered a prize for 100 Bosses and increased the bosses then that might have been a bait and switch but in the end it means almost nothing different.

bilbo baggins
11-13-2013, 05:20 AM

Ah the perfect "I did not mean to do it defence" that works in every criminal court in the world.

Thief
11-13-2013, 06:40 AM
I dont see issue of a plane giving a infantry boost. Some other units also boost other segments.
In theory, a fighter plane can boost infantry by being called in for reinforcement by infantry... Fighter planes can sweep off targets before the infantry takes over.

Thats what i was thinking. In the end it breaks the idea that the unit has the same boost but they have done that many times and you just have to get creative in your own little world. Its a game we should just be having fun.

CJ, first off thank you for responding... I'd be fine with this if the boost was of the same caliber. Switching an attack boost with a defense boost is not equal with the way stats are right now. Also an air boost is much more valuable than an infantry boost. Anyone who has been playing the game for any period of time knows that. This should go back to how it was originally advertised. It's dishonest to not do so. By the way, this didn't fix anything. Android still isn't stacking the boosts.

First there wasn't an attack bonus with the 2 units described. One was infantry Defense and one was Air Defense. They reversed them. So while you might end with slightly different % from one or the other they should be pretty close in the end. For the top tier teams it will actually be even better as they will get 1% more air Defense than infantry defense. In the end like i said your still getting somewhere between 15-21% Air defense (as you need to at least do 5 faction days and can do as many as 7. As for Android that issue needs to be fixed ASAP

Thief da man!! Seems like you never leave a chance to support GREE's move. Are you getting free gold from them or are you one of them? :D
So basically you meant to say you ordered a chilled coke and a hot pizza so it doesn't affect you if you're delivered hot boiling coke and cold pizza. lmfao height of nonsense!

Thanks CJ for the explanation behind the switch!

Hahah well i'm one of the more active voices on the forums and i try to stay positive. However trust me i have spoken out against gree on many occassions as i'm sure CJ can attest to. At the same time i've been here since the beggining (lurking before i joined to chat) and things have gotten much better over time (also my acceptance level has probably been increased as well so i only focus on the major issues such as hacking, broken game, Rewards not going out, change in mechanics etc etc. Was this change for the better for most...not really but in the end the difference is very little and EVERYONE is getting the same prizes so thats the most important. As for your analogy...its more like ordering pizza and a coke and getting handed a pizza then a coke or a coke and then a pizza. For me it don't care which order they hand them to me as long as i get both. Ohh and if gree wants to pay me with gold for PR bring it on. (doubt that would ever happen though as i voice my opinions regardless)

SOF
11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Thief are you positive about that? I am certainly open to the chance that I am completely wrong here, but I am pretty sure that originally the prize was a 3% infantry attack boost. If that is the case, you are correct that in the end the switch doesn't really matter, but only if they both were originally defense boosts. (geez I wish I would have grabbed a screen shot at the beginning of this event!)

Thief
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Thief are you positive about that? I am certainly open to the chance that I am completely wrong here, but I am pretty sure that originally the prize was a 3% infantry attack boost. If that is the case, you are correct that in the end the switch doesn't really matter, but only if they both were originally defense boosts. (geez I wish I would have grabbed a screen shot at the beginning of this event!)

I've got one on my phone if you want me to send it to you Via GM but yea i was building the loot tracker so i noticed the changes.

Now for beating 100 bosses you still get a unit that has an Attack Bonus.

SOF
11-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Indeed! My llp is enjoying that 10% ground attack! Thanks for the info Thief... I must be going crazy, because I still can see "3% Infantry Attack" in my mind when I remember that splash screen!