PDA

View Full Version : Are basic armors good for leveling?

teratogen
11-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I have 400+ of the element shards needed for each basic armor type... Are these good for leveling armor up or should I stick to more uncommon armor?

stabilizations
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
U should be farming for 1 star armor I.E. snakeskin in skeleton tomb on valor or epic the higher the rarity for armor the more points u get out if it for enhancement

teratogen
11-10-2013, 05:44 PM
So what do I do with basic armors... Nothing?

stabilizations
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Yup nothing I have almost 3000 fire and earth shards just waiting for no reason I mean like I suppose I could craft them but save that for the guild challenge when u need to craft 1500 armors

Biskmatar
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM
No, you can use basic's for levelling. At least initially. I levelled my epic quite quickly that way in the lower levels. 24 EP every 5 minutes (4 smiths). There will come a point where it will become costly and you should switch to the SS route.

busteroaf
11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
There are other threads about leveling armors. See those for complete descriptions of how to best use those basics.

stabilizations
11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
No, you can use basic's for levelling. At least initially. I levelled my epic quite quickly that way in the lower levels. 24 EP every 5 minutes (4 smiths). There will com a point where it will become costly and you should switch to the SS route.

Why waste using basics when u can get ur money's worth by using gold stars right off the bat so instead of four basic for 24 exp why not 4 gold for almost 100+ that's like 3 lvls from lvl 1-3

cafedecoy
11-10-2013, 05:54 PM
So what do I do with basic armors... Nothing?

on a pinch, I fuse them to create super rare armors. It wastes a fusion stone and a chunk of gold, but it's a quick way to turn two 5 min armors into a 50 ep armor. But I rarely need to upgrade something in a hurry, so I use uncommon armors and above to level up my armors.

The basic armors, by them selves, are useless. They cost 300 gold to make, and only gives 5 ep with element match. Even the uncommon armors give you more ep for the gold you use (500 gold, 10 ep), and once your armor has been leveled up, the enhancement costs eat you up.

I'm pretty sure there are players amongst us who have collected tens of thousands of those useless shards, lol.

Biskmatar
11-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Time is also a resource.

busteroaf
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Why waste using basics when u can get ur money's worth by using gold stars right off the bat so instead of four basic for 24 exp why not 4 gold for almost 100+ that's like 3 lvls from lvl 1-3

You can do that, yes, but it also takes 4:30-5 minutes to craft basics at the cost of 300 gold each. Takes 1:48-2 hours to craft Snakeskin, at the cost of 3000. "Saving" the enhancement cost at that low of level does not offset going straight to snakeskin. Nor does the time involved.

stabilizations
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Time is critical because u need to lvl up a brand new epic from 1 to at least its final form between wars I figure if u set one epic to enhanced Max works best than on to the next epic u have rather than splitting the time.and.money between 2 or.more epics

Brutal1977
11-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I tend to use basics to level up to 20 or so with a new armor, purely for speed. 6EP each and 4 armories let me spit out 576 EP in two hours. Same two hours only gives me 96 EP for a rare like snakeskin. This isn't gold efficient though, snakes are still about the best way to go in the early levels.

Unless you preload your inventory with armors, basics also come in pretty handy when gree does a time-limited boss armor collection. They did for me. =P

Dianish
11-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Yup nothing I have almost 3000 fire and earth shards just waiting for no reason I mean like I suppose I could craft them but save that for the guild challenge when u need to craft 1500 armors

I have over 9.000 earth shards and 8000 water shards - The rest is between 1500-2500. And im fusing for 50ep armors as well :) Guess i farm to much.

I have armors crafting so cant see exact numbers at this moment. Would be great if there was a way to convert them for higher rarity mats as mentioned in suggestion thread.

Zyntree
11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Up to level 10, it is actually cheaper gold wise to use monos and basics, with the cut off for basics being cheaper around lvl 6. They are by far the fastest method to gain ep (aside from fusions stones), and like Brutal said, I find them useful to around level 20 or so

EljayK
11-11-2013, 05:04 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1IdtlQqj3EdE1BMmFyaU94d3pibTBidXkwbHdjV 2c&usp=sharing

sawoo
11-11-2013, 06:06 AM
I have 400+ of the element shards needed for each basic armor type... Are these good for leveling armor up or should I stick to more uncommon armor?

Its the best to lvl 20, fastest and cheapest.

EljayK
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Its the best to lvl 20, fastest and cheapest.

Basics are never cheaper by individual EP than uncommons. Uncommons stop being cheaper at 18.

Each week for EB I max the armor. I wouldn't be able to do that without getting the armor to level 20 with basics.

If you level an armor to 20 with basics, It takes 42 matching snakeskins and 2 fusion armors (50ep) to put it at exactly 35. Using arena rewards and what-have-you, it is possible to have those snakeskins and fusion armors in your inventory while an EB armor is fusing. Whether or not it's cost efficient to use basics up to any point; it definitely keeps things very copacetic to take the armor to 20 with them.

drygores
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
I use all mine to level uncommon gear to lvl 10 before using it on my epics when I'm behind on farming snakes, or if the element doesn't match.

Also I always lvl to 20 using just basics on any gear. I find a use for them one way or another.

sawoo
11-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Basics are never cheaper by individual EP than uncommons. Uncommons stop being cheaper at 18.

Each week for EB I max the armor. I wouldn't be able to do that without getting the armor to level 20 with basics.

If you level an armor to 20 with basics, It takes 42 matching snakeskins and 2 fusion armors (50ep) to put it at exactly 35. Using arena rewards and what-have-you, it is possible to have those snakeskins and fusion armors in your inventory while an EB armor is fusing. Whether or not it's cost efficient to use basics up to any point; it definitely keeps things very copacetic to take the armor to 20 with them.

For me I just find it faster to enhance 24 EP in 5 mins than 40 EP in 30 mins assuming he has 4 armoursmiths.

bosskiller
11-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I have over 9.000 earth shards and 8000 water shards - The rest is between 1500-2500. And im fusing for 50ep armors as well :) Guess i farm to much.

I have armors crafting so cant see exact numbers at this moment. Would be great if there was a way to convert them for higher rarity mats as mentioned in suggestion thread.

Wow. I see how you could get all those, and I could technically too, but I get so bored with crunching it doesn't happen much anymore.

I have 1000 water and earth, 500 fire, and 300 spirit and air.

elsamu
11-11-2013, 05:33 PM
If you use 5 matching and 3 unmatching basics you can level an uncommon to level 11 which gives the same amount of EP as an unmatching snakeskin and is more time efficient. I did the calculations once while bored in class and essentially the more basic the armors (ie lower rarity) the higher ep/time and higher ep/cost ratios. I'm not exactly sure where fusion 1 star armors fit into this but I would say they are probably the most time efficient (ep/time) given that you have the available fusion stones.

McRay
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Why is this being discussed? Read the stickies for god's sake.

Flux
11-14-2013, 04:20 AM
It's simple.

Craft Basic Armors while you are actively playing, and can manage the turnaround. Use 9 Basics to create a single Basic that is Level 11. With three Armories, that takes under 15 minutes. 16 XP for that one armor for matching element.

When you aren't going to be actively playing for a few hours, craft Snakeskin. In two hours, with three armories, you'll get three armors worth a total of 72 Exp (24 each).

First method = 64 Exp per hour.
Second method = 36 Exp per hour, but you can step away from the game for a break.

Obviously that method is simply to save gold during Enhancing.

Of course, if you have more gold than you can ever spend, then just use basic armors. One armory can make a Snakeskin worth 20/24 Exp in two hours... or it can make 24 Basic armors worth 5/6 Exp each, or 120/144 Exp in two hours.

Elemental shards are NOT useless in comparison to Snakeskin or the other One-Stars.

Flux
11-14-2013, 04:21 AM
Why is this being discussed? Read the stickies for god's sake.

This. I agree with this.