PDA

View Full Version : Faction of Tournaments - Fair ir Unfair???

ash.dew
11-08-2013, 05:42 AM
I am posing my views over this game, so I'd like to start with Tournament of Factions (FvFs). I welcome critics to put forth their views on it.

For those who don't know what FvF is, I'd like to tell you that this is a 3 days event and all you need to do is raid/attack rivals and keep scoring Batrle Points and there are some specific ranking slabs that gets you some units if you qualify.

While I think GREE should be trying to make this game fair and balanced but they might have overlooked this point. For any event, ccompetitiveness is good but having a biased referee hurts the motive of sportsmanship and to players too. Yes, FvF is one of the unbalanced and unfair events. When all people from low levels to high levels are fighting for the rankings which is purely based in Battle Points scored. And these Battle Points are unevenly spread according to one's level or soldier rank. People at lower levels (20-40 levels) get maximum of 200-300 battle points, while players at mid levels or little over could get maximum of 500 or 600 battle points, players in levels 160-180 gets maximum of 1000 to 1100 battle points and while players at levels 210 to 230 get maximum of 3000 battle points. My data are close to actual what I have noticed, give or take some.

Level 220 uses 1 stamina point to get 3000 battle pointd
Level 170 needs 3 stamina points to get 3000 battle points (considering max of 1000 battle points per stamina point)
Level 50 player needs to use 5 stamina points to get 3000 battle points (considering max of 600 battle points per sramina point)
Level 30 player needs to use 10 stamina points to score 3000 battle points (considering max of 300 battle points per stamina)

So it's no less than a sick government's financial policy that makes rich richer and poor poorer. Likewise GREE is making stronger more strong and giving him privileges while low level and mid level players just try to get a chance to get better and that chance doesn't even exist.

There's no chance for low level and mid level players to even reach to top 500 and high level players not just make it to the top but maintain themselves there with much ease and less efforts.

I'd be happy to compete if the battlefield is even for all and the player's skills (how long is he active and how much one can attack or raid) is tested.

Most of you might know about this and didn't care about it, I know there will be mixed responses from the community. But please don't put dirt here. Those who don't care about this, please spare it for constructive minded people to comment. Any constructive thoughts or alternatives is always welcomed. :)

This is just the start, I will write more about other events as and when I get time.

Skoalrulz
11-08-2013, 06:08 AM
There is no skill involved in this game, it all about how much your willing to spend

stephen2013
11-08-2013, 06:12 AM
This is one of the things that has frustrated me for so long. I'm about 700k away from general, and I know for a fact that once I hit general, my points I'll turn to complete crap. It's not fair that those who work hard and play the game are hurt, while those who sit in the corner come out and get rewarded for nothing.

Gree/funzio (yes funzio also, they never addressed this problem with BP) are so clueless sometimes that it hurts.

Sumiala
11-08-2013, 06:21 AM
If the BP are purely level related (and of course how strong the opponent is) then I guess Gree wants everyone to level up faster...

SGT Rud
11-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Considering that in my rivals list, which is much higher level than the rivals list of a level 40 player, I am needing a stronger unit (more BP to achieve) to stay competitive in my own rivals list. If the level 40 player was getting it, the stats would be way out of proportion to HIS rivals list. The difference in BP makes sense to me. What is throwing it off is the stat inflation. What I have seen, from my own testing, is level have nothing to do with BP consumption. Its based on rank and you atk/their def ratio. A level 10 player with the same atk as me, attacking the same def stat opponent as me, should yield the same BP as me. But the BP should be more comparable to stat increase for their level and rivals list.

Twist of Cain
11-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Considering that in my rivals list, which is much higher level than the rivals list of a level 40 player, I am needing a stronger unit (more BP to achieve) to stay competitive in my own rivals list. If the level 40 player was getting it, the stats would be way out of proportion to HIS rivals list. The difference in BP makes sense to me. What is throwing it off is the stat inflation. What I have seen, from my own testing, is level have nothing to do with BP consumption. Its based on rank and you atk/their def ratio. A level 10 player with the same atk as me, attacking the same def stat opponent as me, should yield the same BP as me. But the BP should be more comparable to stat increase for their level and rivals list.

This just hurt my brain.

Thief
11-08-2013, 06:44 AM
This game is Generally Unfair. First everything revolves around who can spend the most.

For WD LLP have advantage over HLP (Strength is important factor but points based on lvl)
For FvF HLP have advantage over LLP (Strength is Critical)
For Boss LLP have advantage over HLP
For Raid Boss HLP have advantage over LLP (Strength is only factor but HLP will probably have higher regen)
For LTQ HLP have advantage over LLP (Energy @ 1000 and energy addition regen)
For LT Buildings LLP have better ability to save but HLP have higher IPH generally (LLP probably gets advantage but depends on IPH)

warrends
11-08-2013, 07:11 AM
I just hate the Faction of Tournaments regardless. It's just a pain in the rear. I never participate.

And how did Faction of Tournaments get abbreviated to "FvFs".

And ... it's Tournament of Factions.

mickymacirl
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
I am *-*-* LuCkY *-*-* to get more than 400bp from any rival due to attack strength vs defense strength (which doesn't seem to matter anymore apparently) and BP rank.

SGT Rud
11-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Personally I would rather the FvF and WD be wrapped up into one single event.

Generik79
11-08-2013, 07:41 AM
FVF--lame prizes, boring repetition, 0.0051% skill (picking a target), etc. etc. it has very little redeeming for it other than 1. if you are bored a weekend and need something to do, and 2. it's cheap (relative to other events--but also with terrible prizes to countermand that).

Norseman
11-08-2013, 07:51 AM
I am posing my views over this game, so I'd like to start with Faction of Tournaments (FvFs). I welcome critics to put forth their views on it.

For those who don't know what FvF is, I'd like to tell you that this is a 3 days event and all you need to do is raid/attack rivals and keep scoring Batrle Points and there are some specific ranking slabs that gets you some units if you qualify.

While I think GREE should be trying to make this game fair and balanced but they might have overlooked this point. For any event, ccompetitiveness is good but having a biased referee hurts the motive of sportsmanship and to players too. Yes, FvF is one of the unbalanced and unfair events. When all people from low levels to high levels are fighting for the rankings which is purely based in Battle Points scored. And these Battle Points are unevenly spread according to one's level or soldier rank. People at lower levels (20-40 levels) get maximum of 200-300 battle points, while players at mid levels or little over could get maximum of 500 or 600 battle points, players in levels 160-180 gets maximum of 1000 to 1100 battle points and while players at levels 210 to 230 get maximum of 3000 battle points. My data are close to actual what I have noticed, give or take some.

Level 170 needs 3 stamina points to get 3000 battle points (considering max of 1000 battle points per stamina point)
Level 50 player needs to use 5 stamina points to get 3000 battle points (considering max of 600 battle points per sramina point)
Level 30 player needs to use 10 stamina points to score 3000 battle points (considering max of 300 battle points per stamina)

So it's no less than a sick government's financial policy that makes rich richer and poor poorer. Likewise GREE is making stronger more strong and giving him privileges while low level and mid level players just try to get a chance to get better and that chance doesn't even exist.

There's no chance for low level and mid level players to even reach to top 500 and high level players not just make it to the top but maintain themselves there with much ease and less efforts.

I'd be happy to compete if the battlefield is even for all and the player's skills (how long is he active and how much one can attack or raid) is tested.

Most of you might know about this and didn't care about it, I know there will be mixed responses from the community. But please don't put dirt here. Those who don't care about this, please spare it for constructive minded people to comment. Any constructive thoughts or alternatives is always welcomed. :)

This is just the start, I will write more about other events as and when I get time.

FvF are fair in the sense that low level players, are treated as the underachievers as they are. They would have to gain experience to level up and perform better and gain better and more units. I would love to see moderate boosts being given out to the top 1000 players in FvF, as it will hurt the campers out there and force them into playing more actively.

The only thing that looks to be unfair is that one gets less bps from the an identical target as one rank up.

SGT Rud
11-08-2013, 08:11 AM
FVF--lame prizes, boring repetition, 0.0051% skill (picking a target), etc. etc. it has very little redeeming for it other than 1. if you are bored a weekend and need something to do, and 2. it's cheap (relative to other events--but also with terrible prizes to countermand that).

You kinda took thew words out of my mouth. I was coming back to add a little more opinion to the matter.

The prizes are aimed more towards the lower leveled and lower stat players, however with the BP a high stat player can bring in, takes away from the ones the prizes appear to be aimed at. It is one of the cheaper events, especially for the high stat players.

FvF are fair in the sense that low level players, are treated as the underachievers as they are. They would have to gain experience to level up and perform better and gain better and more units. I would love to see moderate boosts being given out to the top 1000 players in FvF, as it will hurt the campers out there and force them into playing more actively.

The only thing that looks to be unfair is that one gets less bps from the an identical target as one rank up.
Competing in the event at all negates the use of the term camper. If you just consider the players use in their own rivals list, then yes, the event is fair. But if you consider the use of a low level player in WD, then performance cannot be based off xp gain and level. I could also point out several very low level players with either very high stats or very high IPH - thereby making you look like an underachiever, so trying to make that statement makes no sense to me.

Norseman
11-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Competing in the event at all negates the use of the term camper. If you just consider the players use in their own rivals list, then yes, the event is fair. But if you consider the use of a low level player in WD, then performance cannot be based off xp gain and level. I could also point out several very low level players with either very high stats or very high IPH - thereby making you look like an underachiever, so trying to make that statement makes no sense to me.

If you are a low level player you have either camped or not played actively for as long as others have.
Then it would only be fair that you would have to gain experience as in experience points to take part in the top tiers in this kind of event. Growing IPH and stats in low levels is identified as camping. Yes the pure campers does not take part in these events, and they would also have to wait a long time before they could perform well in these events. In that way having been a long time camper would start to fire back at them. Which is what I would love to see :)

SGT Rud
11-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Growing IPH and stats in low levels. The term camping was coined for the basic of not gaining xp at all while growing IPH or unit buildings, or what ever the purpose, WITHOUT gaining any xp (experience points). Anything else is just leveling slowly. Your also leaving out new players, of the low level variety.

The Judy
11-08-2013, 08:59 AM
I think FvF is fair. WD makes the higher levels work harder to get points while these tournaments reward higher levels. I'm not lucky enought to get 3000 bps, but I can muster 1500 for my level 228 and 1000 for my level 110. I had to work hard to get my attack high enough to hit the higher rank, higher defense players to get those bp, just as those getting 3000 bp had to work.

gb7
11-08-2013, 09:16 AM

My faction is stading down on FvF for this simple reason. I started to ask myself, why am I spending time shooting up supply depots and armories. I refuse to shoot up defense buildings, etc. Gree should turn off the targets on all non-cash buildings during FvF.

We will still raid for cash but not waste time and energy on manufacturing pointless BP. If the prizes go up by a level of 10X, it might be time to reassess.

SGT Rud
11-08-2013, 09:41 AM
We have no FvF requirments here either.

11-08-2013, 10:16 AM
You control the destiny of your own bp I used to get 1500 bps wasnt happy with that so I ranked up

Norseman
11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Growing IPH and stats in low levels. The term camping was coined for the basic of not gaining xp at all while growing IPH or unit buildings, or what ever the purpose, WITHOUT gaining any xp (experience points). Anything else is just leveling slowly. Your also leaving out new players, of the low level variety.

Leaving the new players out? Yes, off course, why should a new free player be able to perform better then a 1 year veteran having spent 100k? The boss events are the really unfair events. Having played and spent real money on this game for a long time should give you some advantages too.
There is a simple and fair way to perform in FvFs:
1) Level up so you get the needed targets
2) Get your attack up so you can beat these targets
If players don't act as if this is what the game is about or at least a big part of this game then so be it, but I sure hope GREE will improve the awards from these events.

Luuzer
11-08-2013, 10:54 AM

during war my mini @ lvl 73 got 1000 battlepoints beating lvl 150+ enemies. I myself havent gotten even 900 and I'm in tier 6 :(

HayeZeus
11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
They have raised the stats of every reward unit in the game thus far except fvf. Just look at the prizes for the upcoming war. I think we'll see some good units this go around for fvf, hopefully.

mreilly
11-08-2013, 11:46 AM
No one likes this event as its the worst event out of the many. Someone should post a thank you thread to Gree for avoiding this one altogether.... I hope that trend continues.

Arc Burn
11-08-2013, 12:38 PM
who cares? the prizes are terrible. needless xp unless you are already a very hlp

NeverOnce
11-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I am *-*-* LuCkY *-*-* to get more than 40000bp from any rival due to attack strength vs defense strength (which doesn't seem to matter anymore apparently) and BP rank.

Weren't you the guy that somebody posted pics that showed someones account that you hacked into? Im sure with your skills BP is no problem. So let me fix that for you.

ash.dew
11-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow! that looks like a case of pure hack!!

Weren't you the guy that somebody posted pics that showed someones account that you hacked into? Im sure with your skills BP is no problem. So let me fix that for you.

BoThox
11-09-2013, 03:22 AM
There is no skill involved in this game, it all about how much your willing to spend
Actually I think staying ahead in this game requires skills, but it does boil down to how strategically you spend your gold and how much of it you got.
And.... if you have enough to spend, you can compensate for lacking skills :)

It's sad, but Gree is changing the rules every other day. Imagine if they did the same with Texas Hold'em...

Agent Orange
11-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Actually I think staying ahead in this game requires skills, but it does boil down to how strategically you spend your gold and how much of it you got.
And.... if you have enough to spend, you can compensate for lacking skills :)

It's sad, but Gree is changing the rules every other day. Imagine if they did the same with Texas Hold'em...

I think you basically just reinforced what he said. No strategy required, just deep pockets, the rich only get stronger, the poor weaker, been this way since day 1. But that is how these gaming companies make their money.

Btw since they aren't regulated why couldn't they mess with payouts in games like Texas Holdum.... And the game has always suffered from unannouced changes since day 1. Why the best strategy is not to lock into one.

ash.dew
11-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Luuzer, I believe you missed the whole point here. I'm talking about time during Tournament of factions. How does getting 1000 bps in war help you climbing up the leader board in FvFs? LMAO

during war my mini @ lvl 73 got 1000 battlepoints beating lvl 150+ enemies. I myself havent gotten even 900 and I'm in tier 6 :(

Luuzer
11-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Luuzer, I believe you missed the whole point here. I'm talking about time during Tournament of factions. How does getting 1000 bps in war help you climbing up the leader board in FvFs? LMAO

I just gave it just for the info how much battlepoints are possible in lower end. As U can see, 2 weekends on tournament :(