PDA

View Full Version : Force Updates

The Toe
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Okay so the new LTB and Case event has started, but I haven't gotten it yet on one of my 3 Andriod devices. when I go to the About screen I see the updating, but I've seen that for the last 45 mins. I have power cycled and it goes right back to updating but no please reboot. So back to my question, how do I get it to finish? Are there any temp files I can delete or anything? I know I can try the uninstall and reinstall but there surely is a better method.

ploop
11-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Wait for it to load,no way around it.

Noles
11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
If you uninstall and reinstall, and upon login get a display error saying "Failed to load (your name) hood", then open the menu to the about screen and leave it there, it seems to have better results.. I'm not sure why, but it seems like it always works better after I get the error and my hood won't load. It pops up a little 2x2 blank square and that's all. Could be that your RAM is completely freed up since it didn't load any buildings or something. It's the only working dataset I've had in around a month or so, and it only worked after I got the error..

I also was previously able to force the error to happen by going under "Manage Apps" through your android system menu, and deleting the data for CC. That stopped happening around 3.8.2.2 I think, and just now started happening again thankfully.

Hope that helps

ILikeTheAbuse
11-07-2013, 09:09 PM
if you're on Android, well... 3.8.2.2 and 3.9 take about one full hour to download the dataset, now. The last dataset only took about 10minutes. Not sure what changed that increased the download time, yet again, but here's the fix. Switch back to 3.8.2.1. It is the last stable version and downloads the dataset in about 15 seconds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70147308/com.funzio.crimecity-2.apk
There is 3.8.2.1

I'm not even re-reading all the posting guidelines again. If posting a link to a working version of the game is a violation of the posting guidelines, well, then I guess I'm getting banned for trying to help someone play your game :-/

out of names
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Happens to many people on many events. I usually get the LTQ's hours if not a day late. Just have to deal with it.

TZora
11-08-2013, 12:00 AM
its a special gree feature that activates based on your last event gold spending .. make sure to spend enough gold :D