PDA

View Full Version : attacking and robbing rivals question

RonSwanson
11-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I've been wondering lately if there is a different set of parameters for attacking and robbing rivals. Back when I started playing I seemed to beat players with defense on par with my attack at a reasonable rate but anymore my team is finding in war we lose to players as low as 80-100k defense below our attacks and its not just me its everyone. Every time I have messaged gree all they tell me is I need more skill points lol but I am curious what u guys are finding a safe target to hit in wars stats are compared to yours. 20k lower defense than attack? 50k? It just seems way different than it used to be.

Also I get robbed no problem by people 300k below me.... How much more defense do you need so a player can no longer successfully rob you?

Sorry if there's a thread explaining this and I'd there is and someone has it u can just post it for me please I would appreciate it but also am curious if you guys notice things have changed or if I just need to use gold to buy more henchman from gree :)

Mackie Messer
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I've been wondering lately if there is a different set of parameters for attacking and robbing rivals. Back when I started playing I seemed to beat players with defense on par with my attack at a reasonable rate but anymore my team is finding in war we lose to players as low as 80-100k defense below our attacks and its not just me its everyone. Every time I have messaged gree all they tell me is I need more skill points lol but I am curious what u guys are finding a safe target to hit in wars stats are compared to yours. 20k lower defense than attack? 50k? It just seems way different than it used to be.

Also I get robbed no problem by people 300k below me.... How much more defense do you need so a player can no longer successfully rob you?

Sorry if there's a thread explaining this and I'd there is and someone has it u can just post it for me please I would appreciate it but also am curious if you guys notice things have changed or if I just need to use gold to buy more henchman from gree :)

you'll always be robbed. That doesn't stop. I've heard it said the magic number is 30%

BigMoney
11-07-2013, 04:20 PM
It works based on the relative difference between your stats (i.e. percentage-wise). Getting robbed by someone with "300k less than you" means nothing. There's a huge difference between two players who are 100k attack and 400k defense, as opposed to two players who are 22.1 million attack and 22.4 million defense.

RonSwanson
11-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Makes sense thanks. Here we would be talking one player with 1.1 mill defense being robbed by a player with 800k attack so I guess that would make sense because 30% off of 1.1 mill is 770k so I guess that fits the bill.

How about in battles / attacking opponents? Any insight there please

BigMoney
11-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Makes sense thanks. Here we would be talking one player with 1.1 mill defense being robbed by a player with 800k attack so I guess that would make sense because 30% off of 1.1 mill is 770k so I guess that fits the bill.

How about in battles / attacking opponents? Any insight there please

First, robs work different than attacks. The "30%" mark is the margin you want to have over an opponent so that you do not lose a fight to someone whose defense is lower than yours.

Robberies, if I recall correctly, are something like half your defense stats plus all of your defense buildings (not going to get into the details of why upgraded defense buildings don't work). So in theory you could rob someone whose defense is almost twice your attack, but in practice you'd lose a huge number of robs in the process.

Attacks are different. The "30%" rule people give refers to attacks, not robs. If you're looking to pick on people who can't rob you back, you need to hit people with less than half your defense for you to be untouchable.

800k vs 1.1m is probably a steady red/green rob.

alex6789
11-07-2013, 05:45 PM
we find that the 80% rule works well for battles.....