PDA

View Full Version : Player search option

rawsonator
11-07-2013, 10:55 AM
right before i begin i know gree have way bigger problems to fix like the hole in their wallet due to players refunding BUT i think a good simple addition to the game would be a player search option.

type in the players name whos hood you want to visit, and a list of names come up within your attacking level with the same name you typed in, level, mafia size ect just like on rivals page.

its a really easy addition a script can be written in just a few hours with no bugs/glitches so a team like gree should easily have this added in within a month.

i dont know about you guys but im sick of refreshing loads of times looking for just a couple of players that i want to visit.

comments? thoughts? and please not the usual gree wont do it they cant even fix a player wall or give back raid boss items, i simply want peoples thoughts on the idea and maybe if my luck is in a responce from gree forum staff

Sammo the Kid
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Hell no. This only benefits broke a$$ fools looking for sugar daddies. You want money, go build your IPA or go scrolling for it.

(when I was broke I wanted this feature too)

rawsonator
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
it benefits all, no matter how rich you are there will always be someone richer, your just scared of having your hood a$$ ****d

jmeijer
11-07-2013, 11:27 AM
it benefits all, no matter how rich you are there will always be someone richer, your just scared of having your hood a$$ ****dThere won't be someone richer at my level. I have never seen someone with a higher IPH at my level, after 2 years of playing. This would be an awful idea in my opinion, only good for the lazy robbers without any effort put in their hood.

Cass
11-07-2013, 11:31 AM
No. I don't think we should be able to search for rivals. I would however like to be able to search within my mafia to comment on friends wall.

rawsonator
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
There won't be someone richer at my level. I have never seen someone with a higher IPH at my level, after 2 years of playing. This would be an awful idea in my opinion, only good for the lazy robbers without any effort put in their hood.

hoods take time and money, money that you rob others for its part of the game, i can see why you dont want it coz you are also scared of getting all your money taken, can you not remember the days of searching for hours for a good rob, are you telling me that if that option was available then you wouldnt use it? i dont think so just scared of losing your money just like gree

Dipstik
Dumb idea is dumb

rawsonator
No. I don't think we should be able to search for rivals. I would however like to be able to search within my mafia to comment on friends wall.

you can do that

rawsonator
11-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Dumb idea is dumb

another high level player scared of lossing assets, bunch of pus sys need to man up

MWWM J
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
That what the hell he's talking about dumbarse. Not searching rivals. Need some glasses?

Dipstik
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
That what the hell he's talking about dumbarse. Not searching rivals. Need some glasses?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4765318960906695&pid=15.1

brandocommando
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Actually…the OP is talking about searching rivals to make it easier to find good robs. Read much?

jmeijer
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
hoods take time and money, money that you rob others for its part of the game, i can see why you dont want it coz you are also scared of getting all your money taken, can you not remember the days of searching for hours for a good rob, are you telling me that if that option was available then you wouldnt use it? i dont think so just scared of losing your money just like greeMoney that you rob others for? I don't rob, except for gold PvP coins. Almost all cash I get comes from my own buildings. And searching for hours for a good rob is just dumb, build your own instead. Saves XP too. I wouldn't use this, because everyone at my level who can hit me, would take more from me than I can take from them.

MWWM J
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Actually…the OP is talking about searching rivals to make it easier to find good robs. Read much?
Hahaha really? How dumb could you be?

jmeijer
11-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Let me guess. OP had a good target he stalked for months, and now he lost the target. And he can't stand it.

Sammo the Kid
11-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Hahaha really? How dumb could you be?

Just stop man. Assuming that you're not intentionally trolling you're just coming across really, really uneducated.

MWWM J
11-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Just stop man. Assuming that you're not intentionally trolling you're just coming across really, really uneducated.
Uhh no espeak englash

warrends
11-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I'll go for this but only if we can only search for the name Alex.

Otherwise this idea is stupid. Takes away from the way the game is designed. And if you don't get that part, then you're just not too bright and probably shouldn't be playing such a 'complex' game.

noamlin
11-07-2013, 05:29 PM
its a really easy addition a script can be written in just a few hours with no bugs/glitches so a team like gree should easily have this added in within a month.

LOL! try 2 minutes, even for gree.
They didn't add it and should not, cuz then u can find a sucker and rob him everyday all the time. It will cause many people to give up and quit the game.

Mr. R
11-07-2013, 06:57 PM
No offense but that's the stupidest idea ever.

Greazy Fingers
11-08-2013, 04:56 AM
type in the players name whos hood you want to visit, and a list of names come up within your attacking level with the same name you typed in, level, mafia size ect just like on rivals page.

No no no no no !!! What would this mean for the way fight other syndicates in battle? Within 5 minutes you'd have all info from a rival syn.

Bad idea...

M$T Raw
12-19-2013, 12:22 PM
No no no no no !!! What would this mean for the way fight other syndicates in battle? Within 5 minutes you'd have all info from a rival syn.

Bad idea...

with all the intel groups going around we have intel within a minute anyway

pappboy06
12-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Love the idea. Hate searching for an hr to find someone. I have lots of friends not on my mafia list and wen gree refreshes notications, it gets frusterating and I also hate that u can't go to anyones hood that's leveled higher then u

MattThomas08
12-20-2013, 05:12 AM
One of the worst ideas ever. Build your IPH up through hard work and make it easy for every other player with crappy IPH to rob you with little effort and make your hood virtually uncollectable.

Searching through friends list, sure. Through rivals list, absolutely not.

M$T Raw
12-20-2013, 05:38 AM
One of the worst ideas ever. Build your IPH up through hard work and make it easy for every other player with crappy IPH to rob you with little effort and make your hood virtually uncollectable.

Searching through friends list, sure. Through rivals list, absolutely not.

says everyone with high iph LOL work hard on your stats and you wouldnt need to worry

MattThomas08
12-20-2013, 06:49 AM
says everyone with high iph LOL work hard on your stats and you wouldnt need to worry

That's might be true if somebody with 50% of your stats couldn't rob you. You can't win the stat war and somebody will always be able to rob you. IPH takes strategy and skill, though you can just gold your way into a nice IPH like everything else also...

M$T Raw
12-20-2013, 07:01 AM
That's might be true if somebody with 50% of your stats couldn't rob you. You can't win the stat war and somebody will always be able to rob you. IPH takes strategy and skill, though you can just gold your way into a nice IPH like everything else also...

but people are gonna get robbed anyway especially with the new rival list thats been rolled out so a search option isnt going to make anything worse

GucciMane
12-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Hell no. This only benefits broke a$$ fools looking for sugar daddies. You want money, go build your IPA or go scrolling for it.

/thread.

This just reeks of deceiving a rich player with your syn friend code for an add and then proceeding to take advantage of it

That's might be true if somebody with 50% of your stats couldn't rob you.(BS!) You can't win the stat war and somebody will always be able to rob you. IPH takes strategy and skill, though you can just gold your way into a nice IPH like everything else also...

MT is probably the only user on this forum who agrees with me here. ^

Hood planning is strategy. Probably the only strategy in this game next to tier camping which is now obsolete, or basic war strategy.

but people are gonna get robbed anyway especially with the new rival list thats been rolled out so a search option isnt going to make anything worse

I'd love to see you explain that logic. You literally just told the leader of a top 10 syn to step his stats up already, you just seem to be digging yourself a deeper hole here.

M$T Raw
12-20-2013, 09:24 AM
/thread.

This just reeks of deceiving a rich player with your syn friend code for an add and then proceeding to take advantage of it

mt is probably the only user on this forum who agrees with me here. ^

hood planning is strategy. Probably the only strategy in this game next to tier camping which is now obsolete, or basic war strategy.

I'd love to see you explain that logic. You literally just told the leader of a top 10 syn to step his stats up already, you just seem to be digging yourself a deeper hole here.

actually i said in the quote you gave that it makes no difference as the new rival list matches you on stats not level

GucciMane
12-20-2013, 09:42 AM
actually i said in the quote you gave that it makes no difference as the new rival list matches you on stats not level

My impression from the other thread was that was a bug.

I'm still being matched with people within two levels in my range (I'm in the 90s) and last night I left over 20M uncollected in my hood and no one touched it. Now its one thing, an inevitability, if a player my level finds me in the rival list and steals it.

It's another if you have players trying to trick you into adding them so they can search and rob you later. Or just straight up searching you.

Robbing has never been better before, with added mods, and over 6 odd-hour LTBs in play.

M$T Raw
12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
My impression from the other thread was that was a bug.

I'm still being matched with people within two levels in my range (I'm in the 90s) and last night I left over 20M uncollected in my hood and no one touched it.

i havent got it my self but from what ive been told its been rolled out to more and more players each day slowly

amit22
12-20-2013, 09:45 AM
agree, it good

GucciMane
12-20-2013, 09:46 AM
i havent got it my self but from what ive been told its been rolled out to more and more players each day slowly

being rolled out? has this been announced?

:EDIT: just took a read through, its only rolled out to a small percentage of players, and this would be the end of Crime City if it happens to all because the whole PREMISE behind spending gold is to stay ahead of rivals.

:EDIT2: I want to say this won't happen.....but I can't be sure anymore given some questionable decisions in recent past. Regardless, adding a search function DOES still make the situation worse.