PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Item Removal

Assault and Flattery
11-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Okay!

So here is what happened.

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.

As requested, here is a list of all the items affected:

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/ixtabitems_zpse8391daf.jpg

Ram
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
bullcrap!!!

TigrisCauda
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Okay!

During the event, some players were getting multiple items from a boss defeat, when only one should have been dropped. This turned out to be more widespread than we originally thought. This is clearly an unfair advantage. We have fixed it going forward for future events.

At the end of the event, we ran a script to remove the extra items. We've taken measures to verify that the items removed were extraneous. Everyone now has one item for each time they killed Ixtab/participated enough.

Contrary to popular belief, this didn't remove items you farmed after completing goals.

Were the extra weapons duplicates of the SAME weapons awarded? Or were they different weapons?

If different, how did you determine which weapon to award the player? Did you just automatically remove the higher stat item?

Dhusagar
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Okay!

This is patently untrue!

I have the screenshots of my epics on completion of the event and a lot less in my inventory now.

Must try better!

michaelkan
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
AF, if that list of toys are affected could u explain to me how the heck did I lose 1.5million in stats plus removal of legendary items each roughly 20 were removed and my epic items which around 70 were removed. I have screenshot b4 and after.

michaelkan
11-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Even my mini lvl13 managed to lose 15k for not doing hardly any boss.

Assault and Flattery
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Were the extra weapons duplicates of the SAME weapons awarded? Or were they different weapons?

If different, how did you determine which weapon to award the player? Did you just automatically remove the higher stat item?

Very good question. They weren't necessarily duplicates, it was still a random drop. The removal was also random.

TooMuchGold
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
This is simply not good enough.

To give an example - during the progress of the event I was monitoring my history. On 4 occasions, I was lucky enough to be awarded the Toxin Drum. Sure enough there were 4 Toxin Drums in my inventory.

After the item "removal" you have now taken 3 of the Drums (won legitimately) from me. How can you even pretend what you have done is a fix?

jopdermod
11-06-2013, 01:15 PM
This is patently untrue!

I have the screenshots of my epics on completion of the event and a lot less in my inventory now.

Must try better!

GREE, please only make statements like this when you know it to be 100% true. If you all would have checked the forums and tickets, you would have 100% seen that the statement you have issue won't hold up in court (in other words it's BS).

Now I bet we all have to PROOVE our case, it's not normal gameplay to have to take screenshots every 5 minutes just in case the manufacturer screws things up!

Sir_Krauser
Random removal? I have screens for my legendary items and all but 1 were removed from my inventory. How does this "fix" make any sense?

Dhusagar
Very good question. They weren't necessarily duplicates, it was still a random drop. The removal was also random.

Are you aware that your answers are now starting to sound like you are making this up as you go along?

If they weren't "necessarily duplicate" how do you know which were duplicates and which weren't? How can you remove a duplicate if it wasn't a duplicate?

Alice in wonderland has nothing on this scale!

Dyng
Okay!

Eeehh **** guys youre missing alot.... I missing tons of weapons won. The stat upgrades matched my players stat increase. But what the hell, i reported you to appstore and Google Play with all issues with your app and so on. And have made most pla

yers I know do the same... Appstore is giving me my money back :)

Assault and Flattery
11-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Are you aware that your answers are now starting to sound like you are making this up as you go along?

If they weren't "necessarily duplicate" how do you know which were duplicates and which weren't? How can you remove a duplicate if it wasn't a duplicate?

Alice in wonderland has nothing on this scale!

Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.

TigrisCauda
11-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Thank you for answering :)

This is still an epic fail though lol, I want my stats back. I kept track of my progress and saw no extra items in my inventory.

How come the extra items didn't appear at any time? Either two splash screens or two rewards listed under the history tab?

jopdermod
11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Sorry for any confusion. I mean that when extra rewards were given, because it's random, it's possible that it's the same item twice. It could also be any other item.

How do you explain all these players having splash screens of prizes won which are not in their inventory's now?

michaelkan
11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
AF, let's do a case study. Use my acct 884 256 669.

Tell me how many hours and how many boss that I have dropped and how many prizes do I get in total. And how many are duplicates?

Di3 Devils 3
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
The most epic part about the raid boss is the fail. Everyone is getting their money refunded through iTunes and google. A glitch in the code that dropped extra loot was unbeknownst to us, therefore taking items back due to gree's bad programming is not our fault.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
We need our lawyer! BigMoney, where u at?

Assault and Flattery
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Thank you for answering :)

This is still an epic fail though lol, I want my stats back. I kept track of my progress and saw no extra items in my inventory.

How come the extra items didn't appear at any time? Either two splash screens or two rewards listed under the history tab?

I asked an engineer about this (and last one). There was a server/client mismatch where the stats were applied by the server, but the items weren't showing in your inventory yet.

offline04
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
A&F, is there a chance for posting the original goal list, how many times to defeat the certain level list, again? Please...

TigrisCauda
I asked an engineer about this (and last one). There was a server/client mismatch where the stats were applied by the server, but the items weren't showing in your inventory yet.

Thank you :)

One more question lol: isn't the beta testing supposed to catch these errors in order for you to adjust/fix them BEFORE you roll out the event to us? Or did beta tests run smoothly and we just drew the short stick?

TooMuchGold
The most epic part about the raid boss is the fail. Everyone is getting their money refunded through iTunes and google. A glitch in the code that dropped extra loot was unbeknownst to us, therefore taking items back due to gree's bad programming is not our fault.

In light of the obvious inacurracies in the explanation and the obvious flaws in the 'fix', I've been moved to contact Google Wallet who have agreed to process a full refund. I recommend that everyone who spent gold should do the same.

Sadly, the many hours of tapping away, only to be robbed by Gree, will never be recovered.

Hubkap
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM

I had exactly 5 of each and every epic, rare, uncommon, and common item removed from my inventory. I have before and after screenshots to prove this.

So is it just a coincidence that 5 of every item was taken away from me?? Or was that number just pulled out of the air as I suspect?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I did not receive a single legendary item this entire event. If I had I wonder how many of those you would have taken away?!

Dhusagar
11-06-2013, 01:34 PM

Let me get this right:

You KNOW that multiple awards were given, but you don't know what?
You KNOW which kills gave out multiple awards, but you don't know the actual awards?
You have TAKEN BACK awards, but you don't know which?

There seems to be a lot of random decisions; made about random awards; taken in a random way - for a FIXED PRICE of 25 gold per refill.

So I could have paid to randomly get a lot of legendaries, with duplicates that were common - and you could have just taken back my legendaries (on a random basis) - leaving me with a disproportionate stat loss

Because you want to be fair?

CCK-buttsy
11-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I am not clear on what you are saying, are you saying you can only have one of these items? I scanned my inventory, i have very few Ixtab items to show for a whole weekend of participation. I don't see a single Recoil Blade or Toxin Drum, and i know i scored a bunch during this event. Our syndicate finished level 24 of elite, and then used the last 7 hours to farm more items. I personally participated in over majority of the boss kills and got plenty of items from farming in the last 7 hours. I guess i was stupid for not doing screenshot on each of them. Did anybody do that? I lost 400K in stats, that's 20% of my stats there. Maybe now i can finally walk away from this game.

Okay!

Deadwater
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks A&F all looks good and fair.

michaelkan
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM

Agreed totally. It's not our mistakes that u messed up. Once gree told me they will not removed items once it's been awarded.

It's has been continuous messed up. Ever thought of some new personnel?

cookies
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I am absolutely positive that I had more than 2 explosive drums drop via splash screen, which is all I have left now. Something is clearly wrong on Grees end, even if your techs may not being seeing it (yet).

I strongly wish to impress upon you the seriousness of this issue. Everyone I spoke to is upset beyond any point I have witnessed over the past 2+ years of playing Crime City. Trust me when I say that this goes *far* beyond of what you are seeing on the forums.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Let me get this right:

You KNOW that multiple awards were given, but you don't know what?
You KNOW which kills gave out multiple awards, but you don't know the actual awards?
You have TAKEN BACK awards, but you don't know which?

There seems to be a lot of random decisions; made about random awards; taken in a random way - for a FIXED PRICE of 25 gold per refill.

So I could have paid to randomly get a lot of legendaries, with duplicates that were common - and you could have just taken back my legendaries (on a random basis) - leaving me with a disproportionate stat loss

Because you want to be fair?

If u haven't read this, read it now ^^.. Epic response. Sir, your logic is infallible.

Glowe
11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
I won 2 of the recoil blades and took screen shots of the splash screen right after beating the boss. They were in my inventory up until yesterday, but now you have removed both recoil blades from my inventory. These were cleary not duplicate/extra items since I won them and have proof. How do I get them back?

Okay!

offline04
11-06-2013, 01:52 PM
A&F, is there a chance for posting the original goal list, how many times to defeat the certain level list, again? Please...

Please......

cooch
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Gree:

Your explanation of one of the issues is both late and doesn't jive with many paying let alone free customers. You may want to clarify your claim that this double award was pulled. Many peeps posting and off line chat are discussing how many items that they can track, Legendary, are being pulled out in numbers suggesting there is no random withdrawal of prizes nor of "double counting' when an uneven amount being pulled.

Second you have not fully explained the unscheduled downtime that wrought many problems for the players including gold players leaving event performance glitchy at best for the last 24 hours. This includes killing bosses and getting no awards, killing bosses with over 125% and they won't die (happened to 2 syns I was helping and no award), and other issues posted on forum let alone tickets with form response that don't satisfy.

I can tell you from off line chats that Goggle and ITunes are refunding in full many angry customers. All they have to do is mention Gree, CC and Raid Boss event and refunds happening no questions asked. Considering that most of the gold was probably spent legitimately your sales will certainly not measure up. Between the last day glitches and this clear as mud issue and explanation you may want to reconsider how you handle things like this in the future.

This actually for paying customers may be an epic event. Played it for free and got best prizes. You've angered so many of them it's not funny. Nor is how you handle issues.

May I suggest a path forward for event crises?

1. One central spokesperson for CC with ALL facts and handle on ALL issues to make statements on Gree's behalf? This person needs to be fully aware of issues, solutions, and outcomes? Multiple statements by several as well as retractions when statements are confused or incorrect only add to our frustrations.

2. If issue(s) affecting game play post them during event with updates by a Gree person creating a new thread so we don't have to look at 10 different customer created threads to figure out which one some Gree person may have given an "official" response. It helps us know when you actually respond and you from locking out multiple threads.

3. If there is something that needs to be corrected post event you will definitely need to post it before implementing and gauge feedback immediately for the always unforeseen issues.

4. Please never ASSUME because you should know by now what that means.

5. Consider the fact if you carry these best practices conducted by companies during crisis with customers or employees you don't erase all the anger and confusion but most of it during the issue. If you don't adopt these practices consider the amount of money lost for future events as tolerance by gold spenders is gone. I am very surprised how many are asking for refunds and the amount refunded. When you have caused the loss of tolerance and patience by even your whales you have problems and need to revamp your handling of issues that affect customers.

reticlover
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM

ok so the removal was also random. then why did only my legendary and epic items get removed,
i had 3 recoil blades, now only 1
i had 4 toxin drum now only 1
my area grenade
my doom machine........

Coldjoey
11-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Even if we work by GREE logic, that all this is just an error, and we accept that it's right the items are removed. To remove a random item is only going to work out against us. Say I win a legendary, that I had a very small chance of, Winning, and given a rare in error. I now have a 50% chance of losing the legendary. You knew this when you posted the first thread. But, said nothing of the additional chance of loosing an item that was advertised as 4% chance of winning, therefore you have acted in proper and (depending on which country you are in) illegally. 200 gold or a car with silly stats given to everyone in four months time, will not compensate or cover this.

jaxx
11-06-2013, 02:11 PM

This is just to cover your failure. I Know I received 9 legendary items for taking down bosses and hitting the minimum. I now have 3. What you are saying is that on 6 occasions I actually received two items in my inventory and you have removed the duplicates. Obviously you removed them randomly and it just so happen it randomly chose the six legendary items to remove. Bollocks. What really happened is you just randomly removed items I legitimately won.

Need Mafia
11-06-2013, 02:12 PM
This means that you clearly advertised falsely what people were paying for. The chance of receiving an item is completely different! I need a statistician here but you can't roll a 50/50 dice after-the-fact and conclude that the original chances of receiving an item were as originally advertised.

Travers
11-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I lost 100k stats, no way these were extra items. I barley farmed something is wrong

jopdermod
11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I just got my refund back from google for the gold I bought..anyone who bought gold during this boss raid event look for the confirmation email for the gold purchased and copy and paste the order number and look for the refund tab..you.ll have you cash back in no time..stick that in your pipe and smoke it gree :)

And what about all those unfortunate souls that used the vault they bought some weeks before?

Iron Mike
11-06-2013, 02:26 PM
This is almost comical. I had a 35k reduction on both attack and defense, which is a 5% reduction of attack and about a 5.5% reduction in defense. Yet the cumulative attack of the reward items is 17% higher than the cumulative defense. It doesn't add up. What kind of Fibonacci code did you use this time to come up with how you would take away items I earned? I was doing the math throughout the event, so I would know exactly what I needed to hit minimums for rewards. My math backed up every reward I earned. 'Splain that one for me.

Guess it's time to call iTunes for my gold refund.

PedroPimples
11-06-2013, 02:28 PM
And what about all those unfortunate souls that used the vault they bought some weeks before?

There is no limit on how long ago a purchase was made that can be queried. Just has less chance of success if over 90 days. If you send a link to the forum though so they can see the issue I'm sure you will still be successful.

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
sorry for being blunt, but thats nonsense!!! the items missing were not given "extra by mistake" at all as i analy checked and double checked, somtimes turning system off and on before the item would even show in inventry, none were extra at all, unbelievable!!! stopping playing as i know the truth and not exepting this!!!!

BigMoney
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Do I understand this correctly-- you accidentally awarded too many items, and decided to remove the "extra" rewards at random? Can you elaborate on this, perhaps? If someone killed a Level 65 boss, with a 1% chance at a Legendary, and were awarded a Legendary, they're obviously going to be upset if that item goes missing-- especially if they killed way less than 100 syndicate bosses. I'm curious as to what you mean by "random removal."

TooMuchGold
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Do I understand this correctly-- you accidentally awarded too many items, and decided to remove the "extra" rewards at random? Can you elaborate on this, perhaps? If someone killed a Level 65 boss, with a 1% chance at a Legendary, and were awarded a Legendary, they're obviously going to be upset if that item goes missing-- especially if they killed way less than 100 syndicate bosses. I'm curious as to what you mean by "random removal."

Unless A&F can tell us to the contrary it appears they have removed Raid Boss items from your inventory on an entirely random basis with no weighting - you were as likely to be 'robbed' of a Legendary as you were a Common.

Incredible!

Gunflame
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Loss three legendaries because of this :/ of course its those you have to take lol this is lame

The Slapper
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM

A and F, please do elaborate on what Big Money along w what many others have said. There is nothing "random" about removing multiple legendary items that myself and thousands of others had. "Random" is NOT going from 30 legendary items to 6. That is NOT random. It is precise and targeted.

Does gree really prefer we go through the refund process? If I'm a business, and I just made hundreds of thousands of dollars in 5 days, would it not be logical to give the items (fricken free pixels at that) back or quickly refund the gold to keep your money and make players happy? ...very sad...

realsavior
11-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Assault and Flattery I was in the peace & love syndicate that had a boss whose health stopped moving. I have screenshots that show 1.4bil damage was done, but boss health never moved past half empty... we did not get the final elite prize because of this. I have yet to hear anything back from my support ticket. I know there was a thread on this earlier stating it happened to other syndicates as well. Is this something that is being looked at? Any kind of update would be appreciated.

thanks

[CM]]forgetaboutit
11-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I earned everyone of my prizes and nothing dropped extra during my play as I checked each time I won something and went to my inventory to see it arrive
Now i am out over 250,000 A/D
how's that for random removal
Everytime you guys have an issue we get screwed and there is no compensation
Makes this game look more and more like a 3 year old is the programmer

Rebels
11-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I can live with this. Removing items that were extra is fine.

What should have happened is all the lowest items should have been removed not random ones.

divver
11-06-2013, 03:02 PM

It looks like this is exactly what happened. On sunday night, I had 8 Legendary items. Based on the growth of my Rares, I should have had about 15 Legendary (I know for a fact I had several hits on Legendary since sunday). After removal I've got only 6 left.
So my idea is that they removed it 'at random' on a 33/33/33 base instead of 69/27/4 base (we did mostly 65/70/75). Greedy must be thinking we only farmed the L100 bosses or so. (Could be because they are thinking in L100's since they bring in the money.)

jopdermod
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
]forgetaboutit;1064077']I earned everyone of my prizes and nothing dropped extra during my play as I checked each time I won something and went to my inventory to see it arrive
Now i am out over 250,000 A/D
how's that for random removal
Everytime you guys have an issue we get screwed and there is no compensation
Makes this game look more and more like a 3 year old is the programmer

Got screwed out of 380.000 myself .. I think by now .. no MOD is allowed to react anymore, because anything they say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST GREE.

The failure of CC created by the RAID BOSS event becomes more epic by the minute .. I just have gotten my ticket closed, only thing they did is refer me to this thread, and not answer why I have less legendary in my inventory then I should have according to splash screens of boss-defeats !

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 03:06 PM
your excuse it we were given extra items we couldn see but the server could, nonsense i kept a stat/inventry check constantly so i know this to be false, me an 2 freinds did!its awfull you cant play a game without writing down the date stamp(which i did wen i seen notice but now thrown out accidentally) just in case the prize goes missing

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I can live with this. Removing items that were extra is fine.

What should have happened is all the lowest items should have been removed not random ones.

Lol... that's very reasonable of you.

Truth Hurts Doesn't It
11-06-2013, 03:09 PM
The truth will set you free

Dutchie
11-06-2013, 03:10 PM
A complete fudge and shows incompetence and lack of testing before rolling out new events. I beginning to find more enjoyment poking myself in the eye than playing this game...

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Hey A&F: can you explain whether this glitch affected everyone or just certain players? I don't watch my inventory/stats as closely as the whiners apparently do, so I can't even tell you whether I lost anything. I'd like to know whether a certain subset of people supposedly benefited from the extra items or if it was an error evenly spread throughout the player base.

KingOW
11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
If the problem is that two prizes was given for one boss, remove the lowest tier prizes, not my legendary loot. I have many bandit bandoliers you can take, but give me back my toxin drums and necklaces that you wrongfully took. I have been keeping records since I saw this (of the history tab) and had the right amount of legendary/epic. Make this right, please. I'm not asking for to much, I really don't.

If you buy 2 cheeseburgers in McDonald's drive thru, but get 3 cheeseburgers they don't look at security cameras to get your registration plate and then hunt you down to get the one extra cheeseburger back or money for it.

Rebels
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
If the problem is that two prizes was given for one boss, remove the lowest tier prizes, not my legendary loot. I have many bandit bandoliers you can take, but give me back my toxin drums and necklaces that you wrongfully took. I have been keeping records since I saw this (of the history tab) and had the right amount of legendary/epic. Make this right, please. I'm not asking for to much, I really don't.

If you buy 2 cheeseburgers in McDonald's drive thru, but get 3 cheeseburgers they don't look at security cameras to get your registration plate and then hunt you down to get the one extra cheeseburger back or money for it.

I like scenarios like this.

If you paid for a Big Mac and a Cheese Burger and they gave you 1 Big Mac and 2 Cheese Burgers by mistake, they would only ask for the extra Cheese Burger back.

Now Gree would make it random and odds are you would be left with 2 Cheese Burgers and no Big Mac ;)

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 03:17 PM
for a start, i now have less items than total boss kills so that blows your theory there, and yes 4 times i missed a prize score wise but im still down. its awfull you cant play a game without writing down the date stamp on the prizes you recieve just in case they go missing!!

josh31
11-06-2013, 03:21 PM
GREE should return all the legendary items and everybody will be happy even if they lost some epic or uncommon items. That will be the ideal solution to the problem.

cookies
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
GREE should return all the legendary items and everybody will be happy even if they lost some epic or uncommon items. That will be the ideal solution to the problem.

Quite honestly, no.
The majority of my lost stats came from epics, putting back 3 lousy explosive drums would not make me happy at all.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
11-06-2013, 03:25 PM

This actually happened to me, I asked for a free cheeseburger with my Big Mac meal because I had student card. The guy in mc d was so stupid and had no grasp of the English language he didn't understand anything. I said I have. A student card and with a student card you can get a free cheeseburger when you buy a meal. I turn to talk to my mate and the guy says here's your food, grab the bag get in the car and open it up and there is my Big Mac meal and 3 cheeseburgers. Check receipt -only paid for the Big Mac meal, the idiot had given me three free cheeseburgers, as we pulled out the car park he ran out the door trying to stop us. Needless to say we carried on driving and I was very proud to eat all the burgers on the journey home :-)

josh31
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Quite honestly, no.
The majority of my lost stats came from epics, putting back 3 lousy explosive drums would not make me happy at all.

What would you rather have nothing or your legendary items?

Dutchie
11-06-2013, 03:38 PM
GREE remind me of these two...

http://i43.tinypic.com/jszh1x.jpg

Anyway, I doubt any complaints will be looked into. Like it or lump, what is done is done and they won't be turning the clock back by reinstating the extra units given by their shoddy code they released on us without testing properly. Too much cost, not enough resources, blah, blah, blah...

Hubkap
11-06-2013, 03:39 PM
We won't hear back from gree on this topic for a while because they're too busy trying to answer Apple and Google's question of wth happened and why are they processing so many refund requests lol.

Yes, I'm getting a refund for several vaults hahahaha. Hope it was worth your taking those prizes Gree lol.

Facasca
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
This game is becoming increasingly dishonest. I'm feeling among thieves.

Rebels
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
for a start, i now have less items than total boss kills so that blows your theory there, and yes 4 times i missed a prize score wise but im still down. its awfull you cant play a game without writing down the date stamp on the prizes you recieve just in case they go missing!!

I went and had an add up.

I have two accounts one that uses gold and one that doesnt. I would have at least doubled my Boss requirments with my gold account.

Non gold account=61 boss rewards
Gold account = 65 boss rewards

Something not adding up here Gree!

Bariel
11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry but you CANNOT randomly remove items, I know for fact I had at least 8 occurrences of the Ixtab Stunner splash screen appear after killing bosses as I was recording them, now in those instances I may well have received other items too by mistake, but to me as a PAYING player I earned those 8 items by spending money.

I now have 4 of them and from what GREE have posted it seems that you have no clue over what was being shown on the client side of the game only that server side multiple items were being awarded. That would tally with my own experience in why I know I should have more than that I've actually gotten.

You CANNOT just randomly remove items without a clue what the player actually earnt that is as unfair as multiple items being awarded in the first place.

Also people were taking the decisions on spending money (myself included) based on the huge stat increase they were gaining within the game and that this event gave more stats per gold spent than any other previous event. By removing items again Gree has misled it's customers and taken money by deceptive means which is basically fraudulent.

It's no different to offering us an item with 10000 stats, us paying gold based on those numbers for you to then give us an item with 5000 stats. I've only got half my items so presume you'll be refunding half the amount of gold spent to compensate for the deception in game?

Ice Cream Man
11-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Gree should stop fixing bug problems, they have a tendency to turn them into infestations.

cookies
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
What would you rather have nothing or your legendary items?

The question is, does Gree want another penny from me or not. Putting back legendaries would give me 20k of over 200k in lost stats. Not an acceptable solution to me. They can either restore my inventory, or take the junk items, instead every worthwhile item that was accounted for during the event, and leaving all crappy items.

Asvaldr
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
If I understand correctly that a player should get only one item per boss take down, then I agree with you, A&F. But the problem here is that the item that we legitimately earned (one reward per boss killed) got removed. We kept records of them, per boss kill and tallied up... and now it's removed. What kind of algorithm or coding that Gree were using??? That is where we are angry!!

KingOW
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I like scenarios like this.

If you paid for a Big Mac and a Cheese Burger and they gave you 1 Big Mac and 2 Cheese Burgers by mistake, they would only ask for the extra Cheese Burger back.

Now Gree would make it random and odds are you would be left with 2 Cheese Burgers and no Big Mac ;)

Good improvement on my example! Your text shows almost exact the same scenario in a way everyone should understand. There's is now friggin way this can pass by without a "fix for the fix".

The best and easiest way I see this getting fixed is 1) all get the items back 2) the they remove the extra items from lowest prize tier. I really hope Gree has a backup. This is the closes to fair they'll come. Yes, it will benefit gold spenders a little more than free players, but that is just fair for previous screw ups without compensation. It will also benefit the players who spent the most time on this Raid boss, and I don't see any wrong in that compared to this "random removal" BS.

They have to be fast tho, before to many get their money back. Gree looses many k/hour as of now of what I hear and see. Can we PLEASE get a answer how this is gonna get fixed, or that you guys at least talking about how to resolve this?

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 03:52 PM

I have two accounts one that uses gold and one that doesnt. I would have at least doubled my Boss requirments with my gold account.

yes, we didn farm or whatever and barely scrapped the normal with 3 mins to spare. it seems the more peeps spent the more items they lost :/ and 80% of our syndicate is affeccted.

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
just hurry up an admitt you messed up big-time!, we know it, its bound to be dawning on you guys by now! try an earn some respect back will you! an wheres my treat bag prize still!!woulda been real handy in this event with a 5% car att mod, im on this web-site as a winner of it in the thread so stop giving me generic replies of me recieving it coz i havent, get a human to go look allready!!thx

TEG
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Not happy about this. Missed sleep to keep hitting bosses, watching with pleasure as stats grew, only to be slapped in the face after the event ends, items disappear and my stats fell back down again.

I don't think this was handled well. Once people get items, they shouldn't be removed. If it was felt that something needed to be done to restore fairness it would be to award random prizes to other players. Having your stats randomly drop just makes the game so much less fun.

Jlbnaz
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Not doing anything wouldn't have cost Gree a dime, Taking away online virtual items that don't cost you a dime will cost you Millions of dollars, this bullshot removal by some incompetent Greedy Geeks has affected your image & the integrity of the game. I for one am done supporting your Japanese Company, I guess your CEO doesn't remember what happened to Netflix Corp ! I have filed a complaint with Itunes & will be sending a letter to your corporate headquarters, I dont usually rant or even post on this forum but what you did was pure chicken shoot !:mad:
(BTW) My mini played a limited time because of wifi & it lost substantially)
I think everyone will agree this was a very enjoyable weekend & everyone in our syndicate had a great time fighting the boss day & night - you really know how to take the wind out of the sails of millions of people.

Pissed Off Old Man ! :mad:

rysherb78
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM
gree-dee in the financial district, still laughing at tha 6 hrs later, im done! you cant take away what you advertised as "won", thas BS and probably illegal as money chaanged hands!

Dutchie
11-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Just remember folks... this isn't their first fook up nor will it be their last. I am sure this will all blow over, some will stop playing and the rest will continue as is and gain those stats back in a week or two. That's the reality of it all.

tiptondan1990
11-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Nothing but rubbish I spent hours upon hours earning all my prizes and all you left me with is one of each weapon not good enough I participated in way more than the prize list more like a few hundred and you jjustify that by leaving me with just a few items, and yet won't give me my gold back that I used to get my items

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Gree has never MASS REMOVED items from a players inventory until now. Didn't turn out so good. Psychology 101 dictated to not award the prizes in the first place if they are not to be kept by the player.

Like trying to snatch up a piece of Halloween candy from a trick-or-treater and trying to justify why you took it back from the 8 year old.. No logic will prevent the inevidable temper tantrum.

On the flip side , we, as adults have to understand that the pixels simply cannot be given back to us whether we legitimately feel we've spent our hard earned money on them or not. Nobody understands the costly procedure in the planning, creation, and delivery procedure in something like the legendary toxic drum but someone on E-Bay might.. Why don't you try to sell it there, Gree?.

mxz
11-06-2013, 05:06 PM
The interesting thing here isn't that they may have looked at the 2 items awarded and taken away one of those - it's that prize removal was completely random. So if you got 400 prizes from 200 wins, for example, and say 6 were legendary prizes from 10 Level 100 wins, they were thrown into the same bucket as the other 190 wins. The fact that they didn't account for how you got them is fascinatingly frightening (not to mention super lazy).

It's a very interesting way to combat stat inflation...I thought we were against that, so not sure everyone needs to get their pitchforks for this.

The more fair option probably would have been to take away all prizes and recalculate prizes based on the odds for the each of the exact levels defeated.

Euchred
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
The interesting thing here isn't that they may have looked at the 2 items awarded and taken away one of those - it's that prize removal was completely random. So if you got 400 prizes from 200 wins, for example, and say 6 were legendary prizes from 10 Level 100 wins, they were thrown into the same bucket as the other 190 wins. The fact that they didn't account for how you got them is fascinatingly frightening (not to mention super lazy).

It's a very interesting way to combat stat inflation...I thought we were against that, so not sure everyone needs to get their pitchforks for this.

The more fair option probably would have been to take away all prizes and recalculate prizes based on the odds for the each of the exact levels defeated.

That's what I was thinking, you have a small chance for a legendary to drop most of the time so in the item removal script were variables like this taken into account?

HavingFun
11-06-2013, 05:14 PM
That's what I was thinking, you have a small chance for a legendary to drop most of the time so in the item removal script were variables like this taken into account?
Seriously doubt it. That would require a brain.

KingOW
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
That's what I was thinking, you have a small chance for a legendary to drop most of the time so in the item removal script were variables like this taken into account?No, it was completely random, which is just stupid. Gree can we get a statement here what you gonna do to resolve this? You have to understand that it's no way near fair to remove legendary drops with the same rates as common drops.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Well if 10% of your items were legendary and they do a truly random pull, you should lose 10% legendary items. The losses should work out to the same proportion you got them in if there's a large sample size. If you have 3 items, it might not feel like it, though.

Jlbnaz
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/gree

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mxz
11-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Well if 10% of your items were legendary and they do a truly random pull, you should lose 10% legendary items. The losses should work out to the same proportion you got them in if there's a large sample size. If you have 3 items, it might not feel like it, though.That's assuming you had an even distribution of bosses defeated (which is unlikely to be the case). I didn't calculate it based on the goal chain but I'd guess it's more likely a Gaussian distribution skewed slightly towards the higher levels.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Would the boss distribution matter? Once all of your prizes are aggregated into a pool at the end, you'll have some breakdown of common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, and if you pull at random from that pool you will get a proportional distribution.

kevinloh84
11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Okay!

my demon rider is still missing from my inventory. my syndicate had finished all of the sltq. I got it but after a day, it was removed. Please help me to add back.
Id: 881 215 499
I had submitted ticket but no reply to my missing demon rider..

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Would the boss distribution matter? Once all of your prizes are aggregated into a pool at the end, you'll have some breakdown of common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary, and if you pull at random from that pool you will get a proportional distribution.

You're right, that's an accurate way of deleting prizes regardless of "boss distribution". Problem is that when Gree does that they are deleting a percentage that was obtained by using gold. Gold bought with our hard earned money.

Example: If they were to eliminate 10% of what I obtained from each prize tier, they've deleted about 10% of the vault I spent to obtain them. I think that's what Gree might not have taken into consideration when they deleted our prizes.

Travers
11-06-2013, 06:15 PM
You're right, that's an accurate way of deleting prizes regardless of "boss distribution". Problem is that when Gree does that they are deleting a percentage that was obtained by using gold. Gold bought with our hard earned money.

Example: If they were to eliminate 10% of what I obtained from each prize tier, they've deleted about 10% of the vault I spent to obtain them.

+1 just give everyones stats back, somehow i lost more stats then people with 4 million attack

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Example: If they were to eliminate 10% of what I obtained from each prize tier, they've deleted about 10% of the vault I spent to obtain them. I think that's what Gree might not have taken into consideration when they deleted our prizes.

If you spend gold to take advantage of a glitch, you're still taking advantage of a glitch.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm sure most people know that this isn't right but just not how to express the math. Anyone who has a problem with Gree taking your prizes away, your instincts are correct.

KingOW
11-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Well if 10% of your items were legendary and they do a truly random pull, you should lose 10% legendary items. The losses should work out to the same proportion you got them in if there's a large sample size. If you have 3 items, it might not feel like it, though.

I'm tired, but what mxz said. Plus, it only works out fair for ppl with high numbers. If you had one legendary and 9 common and they take away half of them you have a 50% chance to lose 95% or so of your gained stats.

For statistics to work you need as big sample size as possible, it was a long time since I finished my education but of what I remember you need like 1000+ possibilities to get things fairly accurate, bigger sample size = better. I don't think many qualified for for drops in that many bosses.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Dippy Quote;

If you spend gold to take advantage of a glitch, you're still taking advantage of a glitch.

Agreed, though I'm sure the general consensus is that farming bosses cannot rationally be considered purposely glitching prizes despite Gree's vague sticky post about a "small amount" of prizes that might be glitched into your inventory during the event.

If Gree announced that farming bosses is not an intended game mechanic than you would be correct in stating that peeps were exploiting a glitch and got screwed as they rightfully deserved.

Bariel
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM

Except people weren't aware there was a glitch, many won't have seen the thread at all saying a "We wanted to go ahead and let folk's know now that there is a very small (and by this we really mean a small amount) amount of player's that are being credited a few more rewards than they should be getting.very small number of people are affected".

Even those that did read it would read a small number of people and a few items -- I'd hardly call players losing 100k or more a few items!!

Extra gold was being spent because players stats were increasing a fast rate of knots and it was paying off to do so as it turns out deceptively so, claiming it was a mistake, bug or best intentions is no defense.

It's no different to buying a car only to find out 2 days later the garage popped round overnight and took 2 of the wheels away.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm tired, but what mxz said. Plus, it only works out fair for ppl with high numbers. If you had one legendary and 9 common and they take away half of them you have a 50% chance to lose 95% or so of your gained stats.

For statistics to work you need as big sample size as possible, it was a long time since I finished my education but of what I remember you need like 1000+ possibilities to get things fairly accurate, bigger sample size = better. I don't think many qualified for for drops in that many bosses.

I actually addressed the sample size and the fact that people with only a few prizes might feel like it's unfairly slanted one way or another in a previous post.

ablankone
11-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Complaint and request for reimbursement sent to https://getsupport.apple.com/ContactInfo.action.

Here was my letter if anyone wishes to cut and paste or improve it:

I'm seeking a reimbursement.

I recently purchased gaming services, between 29/10-06/11 to the value of HK$9332. The Developer name is Funzio, Inc. The product was Crime City, Vault of Gold.

The services of which were not fully honoured. All receipts can be provided.

I understand that many such requests by other customers are being made to itunes and google's wallet for this company's poor services.

Would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you so much.

Don Emilio
11-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Gree wins again !

Pay, Play or Quit !

Learn your lesson :

Gree 101

Laelia
11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
The SOURCE of the issue is an engineering failure.....but the PROBLEM is a marketing message issue.......this is a game, little kids play games, what happens when you take a little kid's toy away?

To avoid this kind of reaction in future, consider where your audience is coming from:
Either code the thing right beore you release it
or
Let the little kids keep their toys

CCK-buttsy
11-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I did a little bit of math too. My syn finished level 24 of Elite and spent last 7 hours beating bosses to farm weapons. With my best estimate, we beat maybe 200 bosses, i am being generous here. I was active but did have to do the usual human stuff, like sleep, work, eat, etc.. Let's say i was involved and meet the point requirements in beating 75% of the bosses. that would be 150 items for me. I lost 400K in stats, that would be 400k stats /150 items = 2667 per item. I am one lucky son of a gun, i got 150 extra items averaging 2667 stats each, so i got an extra Legendary each time! even with the low level bosses. Before you say it, i am in top 100 syn and do have some modifiers, but we don't have all attack modifiers. No way is this adding up. This is probably too complicated for GREE employees to understand.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 07:45 PM
One might argue that deleting 10% from every player makes things fair and proportionate in the grand scheme of things. After all , everyone loses 10% .. even for everyone, right?

NO. Reason why is that any free player who lost 10% inventory didn't lose any gold used to obtain the equipment. I lost 10% of the vault that I dropped to get the prizes and the more gold you dropped, the more money that went down the drain.

I lost 150 gold (10%) but if you were a heavier gold spender this event, let's say 5 vaults then you lost 750 gold worth of stats.. a half vault worth of loss.. I had at least 5 people in my syn that lost that much or more.

The more gold that you spent, the more that Gree punished you monetarily.

Edit.. math correction :P

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
One might argue that deleting 10% from every player makes things fair and proportionate in the grand scheme of things. After all , everyone loses 10% .. even for everyone, right?

NO. Reason why is that any free player who lost 10% inventory didn't lose any gold used to obtain the equipment. I lost 10% of the vault that I dropped to get the prizes and the more gold you dropped, the more money that went down the drain.

I lost 150 gold (10%) but if you were a heavier gold spender this event, let's say 5 vaults then you lost 750 gold worth of stats.. a half vault worth of loss.. I had at least 5 people in my syn that lost that much or more.

The more gold that you spent, the more that Gree punished you monetarily.

Edit.. math correction :P

I'm a free player who beat 100 bosses. You're a gold player who beat 200 bosses. Hypothetical numbers. Assuming we're both glitched and both got 10% extra drops, I have 110 items and you have 220. We both lose 11% randomly to account for the glitch. Now you have 200 items and I have 100 items. How on EARTH do you figure you're being scammed out of your gold here? You got exactly what you THOUGHT you were getting... quit *****ing about it.

ablankone
11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
http://abarone0511.wix.com/g-r-e-e-item-removal#!CV/c18h9

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 09:34 PM
http://abarone0511.wix.com/g-r-e-e-item-removal#!CV/c18h9

"File a police report with your local police department for internet theft. Make sure to have your ticket # from the company we are talking about. You can also mention sites above to the police for your proof that this is a wide spread issue. All the other complaints are visible through their site."

OK, if you do this, you'll be LUCKY if they blow you off and hang up on you. This is almost as bad as calling 911 when McDonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets.

edit: "I hope this help you through the process i tried to do this on the site but was banned for life 30 seconds after posting it so you know they don't want this getting around."

Enjoy your ban. you deserve it.

ablankone
11-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Southlands. Not a bad series. But McDonald's Chicken Nuggets? Very bad diet Dippy.

OK, if you do this, you'll be LUCKY if they blow you off and hang up on you. This is almost as bad as calling 911 when McDonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets.

edit: "I hope this help you through the process i tried to do this on the site but was banned for life 30 seconds after posting it so you know they don't want this getting around."

Enjoy your ban. you deserve it.[/QUOTE]

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm a free player who beat 100 bosses. You're a gold player who beat 200 bosses. Hypothetical numbers. Assuming we're both glitched and both got 10% extra drops, I have 110 items and you have 220. We both lose 11% randomly to account for the glitch. Now you have 200 items and I have 100 items. How on EARTH do you figure you're being scammed out of your gold here? You got exactly what you THOUGHT you were getting... quit *****ing about it.

Then you've lost 10% of nothing monetarily AND I've lost 10% of whatever the amount of gold spent/ stats gained. I understand your example but it can't be assumed that we've both lost 10% of nothing monetarily when I've spent gold and you haven't in the event 10% is taken from both of us.

You are proposing that the ENTIRE 10% can be attributed to illegitimate prizes in both of our cases when what actually happened is a more evenly distributed stat loss in your case VS. a stat AND gold loss in mine.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Then you've lost 10% of nothing monetarily AND I've lost 10% of whatever the amount of gold spent/ stats gained. I understand your example but it can't be assumed that we've both lost 10% of nothing monetarily when I've spent gold and you haven't in the event 10% is taken from both of us.

You are proposing that the ENTIRE 10% can be attributed to illegitimate prizes in both of our cases when what actually happened is a more evenly distributed stat loss in your case VS. a stat AND gold loss in mine.

No no no... You paid your gold to beat X extra bosses, and you end up with X extra prizes than me. You got the benefit of your gold. You're not being scammed out of anything.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Bariel quote:

It's no different to buying a car only to find out 2 days later the garage popped round overnight and took 2 of the wheels away.

If I bought the car and 2 tires were taken away from me later then I have lost those tires that I paid for. If the car was free then I've lost tires that were free as part of a free car. Therefore, I've lost nothing monetarily

yes,yes,yes

ablankone
11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
technically... if they took two tyres away wouldn't that make it a motorbike?

or am i missing the point?

Bariel quote:

If I bought the car and 2 tires were taken away from me later then I have lost those tires that I paid for. If the car was free then I've lost tires that were free as part of a free car. Therefore, I've lost nothing monetarily

yes,yes,yes

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 10:28 PM
If you bought a car that had four tires and the guy came to you later and said "hey I left an extra tire in the trunk that I didn't mean to sell you... I need it back" You didn't pay for that extra tire whether he gave you the car for free or you paid cash for it. You're just being dumb now. Good luck storming the castle.

Guisseppe17
11-06-2013, 10:30 PM
If you bought a car that had four tires and the guy came to you later and said "hey I left an extra tire in the trunk that I didn't mean to sell you... I need it back" You didn't pay for that extra tire whether he gave you the car for free or you paid cash for it. You're just being dumb now. Good luck storming the castle.
They're not *****ing about the free tire dippy, they're *****ing about the other two the guy took along with the spare.

Guisseppe17
11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
And forgive me here if I missed something (made it to page 5 and got bored), but what's with everyone arguing about the percent chance of which prize should be taken? TAKE THE EXTRA AND LEAVE THE LEGIT PRIZE. That bloody simple. Shouldn't be a random drawing between which of the two to take...common sense. Erm wait, this is GREE...nvr mind.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 10:34 PM
And forgive me here if I missed something (made it to page 5 and got bored), but what's with everyone arguing about the percent chance of which prize should be taken? TAKE THE EXTRA AND LEAVE THE LEGIT PRIZE. That bloody simple. Shouldn't be a random drawing between which of the two to take...common sense. Erm wait, this is GREE...nvr mind.

If you beat 100 bosses, you have 100 prizes. If you disagree with that, then you're talking about something completely different than I am. If you think beating 100 bosses means you should have 120 prizes, then you're not talking about a car with only two tires.

Guisseppe17
11-06-2013, 10:36 PM
If you beat 100 bosses, you have 100 prizes. If you disagree with that, then you're talking about something completely different than I am. If you think beating 100 bosses means you should have 120 prizes, then you're not talking about a car with only two tires.
Are you reading something I haven't? Lets say you beat 100 bosses. You somehow get 120 prizes. Yes, those extra 20 should be taken away. But when GREE takes 40 prizes, leaving you with 80, yes, you are going to complain about it.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 10:36 PM
I play CC, not KA, so I'm not going to be storming any castles.

It's seems that we are back to square one where I say that 10% of any gold spent taken away is 10% of the 100% that I will consider a monetary loss because trying to establish what prizes were awarded by accident or on purpose is impossible to determine in the random manner Gree has decided upon.

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 10:38 PM
"Good luck storming the castle" is a princess bride reference. The next line is "It'll take a miracle." You don't even make sense, but you're so blinded to this that you can't see it. Anyway, I really have no need to convince you of anything. Feel free to tilt at windmills until you get yourself banned. My guess is you can't stand much more of this game anyway.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 10:41 PM

No, I don't disagree with that.. We have two different assumptions about how Gree has decided to delete prizes. People are getting MORE prizes deleted than bosses they have killed.. And from what I've read it is somewhat random, actually.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 10:44 PM
"Good luck storming the castle" is a princess bride reference. The next line is "It'll take a miracle." You don't even make sense, but you're so blinded to this that you can't see it. Anyway, I really have no need to convince you of anything. Feel free to tilt at windmills until you get yourself banned. My guess is you can't stand much more of this game anyway.

Did I hurt yo butt? Ms. Dippy?.... my apologies.. I'll be much more tender about it next time.. baby powder? What's your fav? Johnson/Johnson,, right?

Got a fav lube there, sweet heart?

Dipstik
11-06-2013, 10:47 PM
You hurt my brain, that's all. Like I said... best of luck in all your future endeavors. I hope you figure things out without making too much of a fool of yourself or getting yourself into more trouble than you're looking for.

Dutchie
11-06-2013, 10:55 PM
No, I don't disagree with that.. We have two different assumptions about how Gree has decided to delete prizes. People are getting MORE prizes deleted than bosses they have killed.. And from what I've read it is somewhat random, actually.

Pure conjecture and this is turning into some hysteria fest. Where is the proof that GREE took away MORE prizes than bosses killed? I want proof and telling me they did is not proof, I want to see it in black and white... (Screenshots)!

The extra prizes were awarded at random and so they took away these extra prizes by randomly selecting them from the affected items in your inventory.

Everyone is getting their panties in a twist and you have been overdosing on them. For once, I am with Dippy on this one.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 10:56 PM
I'll try to keep my foolishness within the strict guidelines of Funzio forum TOS... hmmm wait a minute... I already broke them. Hate when that happens..

Good luck to you also. Ms. Dipstick.

May you conquer any future mathematical challenges with less difficulity

Coldjoey
11-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Thread TLDR? Here is the summery of what has happened. GREE gave a way two prizes instead of one. There's a 50/50 chance of the prize they remove being a legendary, even thou you only had a very small chance of winning it in the first place. Disgruntled gold players can get their money back from iTunes/goggle wallet.Panty sniffer accused Dippy of being, well dippy. And dippy told Panty not to get his in a twist. Your welcome

rawsonator
11-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Well GREE this on top of your ****ty ltqs of late you can think again if you think your getting any more money from me, im done with this peice of **** constantly clutching and never getting fixed **** you GREE

rawsonator
11-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Refund ticket wanted

Dutchie
11-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Thread TLDR? Here is the summery of what has happened. GREE gave a way two prizes instead of one. There's a 50/50 chance of the prize they remove being a legendary, even thou you only had a very small chance of winning it in the first place. Disgruntled gold players can get their money back from iTunes/goggle wallet.Panty sniffer accused Dippy of being, well dippy. And dippy told Panty not to get his in a twist. Your welcomeFail! It is not a 50/50 chance of the prize they remove being a legendary... Maybe you should have another look at the list of affected items.

panty sniffer
11-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Thread TLDR? Here is the summery of what has happened. GREE gave a way two prizes instead of one. There's a 50/50 chance of the prize they remove being a legendary, even thou you only had a very small chance of winning it in the first place. Disgruntled gold players can get their money back from iTunes/goggle wallet.Panty sniffer accused Dippy of being, well dippy. And dippy told Panty not to get his in a twist. Your welcome

I'm sure none of us really knows enough detail about what's going on to come to any logical conclusion. Still sorting things out I think. I haven't asked for a refund yet because I'm still trying to determine if I've actually been ripped off or not. Debating with Dippy because it's fun but we are obviously not on the same page regarding the premise.

Auxilium
11-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I intentionally choose to spend my gold for the best possible reward. With this event i've choosen to spend my gold on the higher levels of the raid boss, to get a higher chance of a good item for my gold refills. Taking back the a random item is just ignorance and stupid. The event was great and you guys wrecked it with poor decisions.

Need Mafia
11-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Beyond falsely advertising the chance of receiving an item, there are missing items. Sadly I didn't take screen shots of every single boss that I defeated. That would have been silly and near impossible to differentiate when looking back at.

What you can do is count inventory. I, for example, have 100 items. Being that I took part in a large portion of the goals and farmed the last day, 100 is a very small number. If we say that I only spent gold and used 2 power attack on every boss; that is only 1250 gold. Where did the rest off my gold go and did I seriously spend that much gold when the last day farming only required 1 regular hit per boss? The numbers don't add up. The reality is that a good number of my hits were free and I only went for minimums on all but a few.

There is something more to it. The script was ran twice or there times, cutting the number of our prizes in half each time possibly?

Shame on anyone for taking GREEs side We don't live in GREE reality where they can make the rules up as they go along. Money was spent on a service that then cheated thousands of people. GREE lied and deceived. To what exent we won't know until THEY tell us exactly how many additional items they mistakenly removed.

Lars
11-07-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't care too much about my stat losses. However, I am astonished by Gree decision considering customer-relationship strategies. A&F says it hits only few players for few items. People were randomly awarded extra items. So why do they care in the first place? The impact on the game should be less than with the ltq error when they awarded the prices in the wrong order. Back then they wisely decided not to "fix" anything. They seriously upset their dedicated players for nothing.

kuksluk
11-07-2013, 04:56 AM
A&F, what's the percentage of the random removal?
If you had a 4% chance of receiving a legendary, was there a 4% chance that it was removed as well?

kuksluk
11-07-2013, 04:57 AM

I LOL'ed

Maybe you should ask your programmers again, or have someone qualified ask him what really went on...

GravyTrain
11-07-2013, 05:09 AM
Overall it was a fun and exciting event!! Even the Glitch that was not registering points hits on a Force Attack using gold (100 gold registered as 2 FA hits ) didn't even upset me that much.

Then the events ends, champagne is being poured as our team celebrates in Victory!! Stats are all blown up and everyone is happy!! All need a rest after a great weekend win.

We all slowly start logging back in......each one of our 60 members takes a hit to the gut......what happened, we ask?........Then misery and discontent.

Truly a shame after such a great event. Hope gree makes good on it.

The customer is not always right, but this time they are!

rysherb78
11-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Just remember folks... this isn't their first fook up nor will it be their last. I am sure this will all blow over, some will stop playing and the rest will continue as is and gain those stats back in a week or two. That's the reality of it all.

we not just talking virtual pixels here mate, we are talking in total, hundreds of thousands of REAL CASH spent to gain these, its robbery and probably fraud to mix it up a bit!

BBW
11-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Oh no customers are never right with some companys ..

Especially online companys ..

Never again ..

Yeah im free ..

With help from my dealer i have beat my habit ...

I have stepped away ..

Rob me i dont care ...

Miss a top prize who cares now ....

Battle weekend cool im going skiing ...

Big event coming great i have to buy -0- gold

a big ty gree ....

rysherb78
11-07-2013, 06:13 AM
If you spend gold to take advantage of a glitch, you're still taking advantage of a glitch. no it was not a glitch at all, i anally checked item/stat after every battle, even started writing the date stamp after seeing the original sticky. they said the extras were not visible in our inventry, thats nonsense trust me, theyve taken items randomly(admitted) regardless weather you done a lvl 100 for legendarys so thats also toally unfair!! everything it said i won was there, no extras, no extra stat increases, NADA!!!! just missing items now, so why didn they take back the extras we couldn see, tha way we have all items we seen but less stats if thats really the case.i counted all items in inventry and stats are correct too, so no hidden extras still left in my inventry, just the total loss of all missing items!!!

and answer me about my treat-bag top 250 prize thats you wrote (A&F) congratulating me an 272 others of the prize won on this web-site. please sort it, its not in my inventry and generic replies keep saying i been rewarded, loosingmy patience big-time now, 10 days!!!!!

GU7 F4WK3S
11-07-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't think Crime City will survive this one. Seems like everyone is getting refunds and looking to leave. GREE has run out of fingers to plug the dam.

You've lost the players trust and I have no faith it can be restored.

rysherb78
11-07-2013, 06:52 AM
plus, you gave back all my mates items and even extra legendarys, but now youve taken them back again! you gave me back 50% but still missing 2 epic, 6/7 rare same uncommon, left all the commons lmao!

kingofwale
11-07-2013, 06:57 AM
I wonder how many people Gree helped "Win the game" after this event.

Red Sparks
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Overall it was a fun and exciting event!! Even the Glitch that was not registering points hits on a Force Attack using gold (100 gold registered as 2 FA hits ) didn't even upset me that much.

Then the events ends, champagne is being poured as our team celebrates in Victory!! Stats are all blown up and everyone is happy!! All need a rest after a great weekend win.

We all slowly start logging back in......each one of our 60 members takes a hit to the gut......what happened, we ask?........Then misery and discontent.

Truly a shame after such a great event. Hope gree makes good on it.

The customer is not always right, but this time they are!
Out of curiosity...are we playing the same game here? Not to be a smart ars - but honestly,which event are u on? I've seen fk ups. but starting a never done event, while resetting servers.....I know you're not all IT pros, but we all know server resets = issues. Totally normal. but...new event + server reset = DUMMAS MOVE, or very smart on Grees behalf. Greedy Gree. :confused:

KingOW
11-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Why did my mini receive items worth of 10k stats when I woke up today, and my main did get absolutely nothing? If anything it should be the other way around. Can't find the items that gave me the stats boost either, it's just there. I'm so confused right now.

euroian
11-07-2013, 08:50 AM
we finished normal mode my whole syndicate has the demon rider. I did have it but it mysteriously disapperared not happy.

Thats not even mentioning the removal of another 2-k of stats :(

Tissues
11-07-2013, 08:54 AM
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/sealion.gif (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/staffpicks/media/Animated_GIFs/sealion.gif.html)

Just when you think you landed "The Big Fish" this happens... :)

GravyTrain
11-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Out of curiosity...are we playing the same game here? Not to be a smart ars - but honestly,which event are u on? I've seen fk ups. but starting a never done event, while resetting servers.....I know you're not all IT pros, but we all know server resets = issues. Totally normal. but...new event + server reset = DUMMAS MOVE, or very smart on Grees behalf. Greedy Gree. :confused:

Finally someone with a sense of humor. :)

No way was this a good move for gree, good event idea yes. It would have gone over much better if EVERYONE'S toy's were not robbed in the end.

cc thunder
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I think everybody's forgetting this is Trick or Treat season. Gree got a treat in the form of our money and we got the trick in the form of the falling stats, haha good joke gree thanks a lot!

[CM]]forgetaboutit
11-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I think everybody's forgetting this is Trick or Treat season. Gree got a treat in the form of our money and we got the trick in the form of the falling stats, haha good joke gree thanks a lot!

Treats are what I give my dog
Tricks are what I pay for...............

archambeau
11-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Too funny that the higher your stats the more you lost too. So their saying the higher your stats the more "extra" prizes you got. I don't think for a second they checked every players account in less than 24 hours and took measures to make sure the items removed were extraneous. They took a percentage from players based on stats. Period. They still haven't been able to correct the fact that our goodfella modifiers for stamina and energy haven't been correct since the previous ltq but they went through all accounts and checked for extra prizes. I don't think so.

Dipstik
11-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Too funny that the higher your stats the more you lost too. So their saying the higher your stats the more "extra" prizes you got.

No, that's not even close to what they're saying. They're saying they can determine exactly how many extra items each person was given and that that many items were "randomly" taken away from each player individually. If you think they're lying, fine, but there's no need for the rhetorical backflips you're doing in order to support your pet conspiracy theory.

GravyTrain
11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
No, that's not even close to what they're saying. They're saying they can determine exactly how many extra items each person was given and that that many items were "randomly" taken away from each player individually. If you think they're lying, fine, but there's no need for the rhetorical backflips you're doing in order to support your pet conspiracy theory.
You are actually both correct. The more time and or gold used in this event created better stats. Then when they rolled the dice and took the pixals away, the person that had higher stats ( time or gold ) was butt hurt a bit deeper than the player with lower stats and less time spent playing the game.

Dippy you should be thrilled that you may be a few thousand closer to the top after this. Just think how dumb everyone here is thinking they got robbed and actually according to you, gree has handled this fairly and accurately.

Like I said before it's a real shame that a great event like this had to get wrecked because of human error without remorse.

Mackie Messer
11-07-2013, 10:56 AM

A lot of people are upset at the "random", if you were awarded and extra common but lost a legendary thats something to be upset about.

The other thing is if you're seeing your stats go up at a pretty good rate and you're not checking your inventory constantly to see that in some instances you may have received more than one item per boss then you'd have no way of knowing that your stats aren't what they should be. In the meantime you're encouraged by the stat gain to keep spending. At the end of the event, Gree says, "whoops Thx for the money but we're taking back a portion of what you thought you purchased."

That's bad business. It's close to a bait and switch. It wasn't intentional, but its being handled poorly.

SollyLlama
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
"We've received your request for a refund of your recent Android app purchase on Google Play, and we’re happy to issue you a refund in the amount of $15.99."

And I'm happy to receive it.

rawsonator
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
"We've received your request for a refund of your recent Android app purchase on Google Play, and we’re happy to issue you a refund in the amount of $15.99."

And I'm happy to receive it.

still waiting on mine, its a bit more than that though

Dutchie
11-07-2013, 11:52 AM
we not just talking virtual pixels here mate, we are talking in total, hundreds of thousands of REAL CASH spent to gain these, its robbery and probably fraud to mix it up a bit! Stop spending, get a refund and do one! Some people just don't learn...

Dipstik
11-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh come on, CJ... I'm in the middle of writing my report on prior caselaw involving property rights to digital items and the legality of the ToS and you deleted the thread before I could hit "post."

Well forget it... I'm not going to do it now.

*pouts*

tom73
11-07-2013, 01:05 PM
My stats have been going up and down like a whore's pants in the last hour. Back up now. Hopefully they stay here. :)

WONDERWOMAN
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
1. If the random error in dropped weapons was game wide. How can it be a competitive advantage to anybody?
All stats should have remained as is.
2. Why is this events error any different then other errors that Gree has made?.. They never went back to correct other mistakes by taking weapons away.. Exp the first synd pvp ..when we were rewarded the highest weapons first!!

We played this event .. WE SHOULD KEEP WEAPONS AND STATS!

Dipstik
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
1. If the random error in dropped weapons was game wide. How can it be a competitive advantage to anybody?

I'm not sure it was. That was my first question to A&F in this thread, but I never got an answer. I think it must have only affected certain people or certain people far more than others.

Dipstik
11-07-2013, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=SollyLlama;1065447]
To everyone still thinking about it, make sure you tell them "FRAUD AND THEF" !!!

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/global-warming-irony/thumb/3986

KingOW
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=rodrigogsa;1065675]http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/global-warming-irony/thumb/3986Lmao, good one

WONDERWOMAN
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
But if we have everybody with dropped stats ..it sounds like everybody was affected 25k - 250k

bdub
11-07-2013, 03:27 PM
25-250k....not quite.

I lost about 1.5 mil on attack alone.

Guisseppe17
11-07-2013, 03:28 PM
But if we have everybody with dropped stats ..it sounds like everybody was affected 25k - 250k
So far my stats haven't dropped an inch, so not everyone was effected.

CohibAA
11-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Un-stickied. LOL

Bariel
11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I guess they are hoping to sweep it under the carpet and hope that this all goes away... another great example of how NOT to treat your customers

offline04
11-07-2013, 05:16 PM
11-06-2013 02:52 PM #31 offline04
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by offline04 View Post

Please......

PLEASE...PLEASE...

KingOW
11-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Mods obviously have been in this thread and removed it as sticky, why no answer Gree? Scared?

Di3 Devils 3
11-07-2013, 08:54 PM
To see this on the evening news. This has to be a record refund in 24 hrs, and some reporter is going to catch wind. Then the game went crashing down. Think about the percentage of people that aren't in-forum.

SilentAssassin
11-07-2013, 11:56 PM
I lost 2 million in attack, that is unacceptable as I spent close to 15k gold and barely slept.
My legendarys were cut by more than half. How come certain FC members lost less but gained more than me in stats? Can you give us some more info on how some players are effected more than others? Also can you tell me how my item count is lower than my boss win count ?

Come on GREE we spend a lot of money here. Least you could do is stop ignoring us

cookies
11-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Unstickied, funny. Not the way to deal with this Gree.

Sverige
11-08-2013, 03:01 AM
No problems if its unstickied, we will just bump it up

KingOW
11-08-2013, 04:31 AM
No problems if its unstickied, we will just bump it upFor sure, we'll do it a year if we have to, lol.

Bobby B
11-08-2013, 04:37 AM
I can't believe they unstickied the thread and not bothering to respond to everyone's frustrations/anger. Ignoring a problem does not mean it goes away!

...bump the thread...

rysherb78
11-08-2013, 04:58 AM
well yay on my week late treat bag prize!woulda been handy in boss event with 5% car attack on it, might not spent so much gold! and to give me a BS answer on my epic an rare missin items is out of order!! all prizes/stats were monitored an double checked after seeing this thread an no "extra items" what so ever, visible or invisile my end!(hopeless excuse that was!) items were STOLEN plain an simple, no action in another 24 hrs asking apple for refund, end of!!

Sammo the Kid
11-08-2013, 05:06 AM
well yay on my week late treat bag prize!woulda been handy in boss event with 5% car attack on it, might not spent so much gold! and to give me a BS answer on my epic an rare missin items is out of order!! all prizes/stats were monitored an double checked after seeing this thread an no "extra items" what so ever, visible or invisile my end!(hopeless excuse that was!) items were STOLEN plain an simple, no action in another 24 hrs asking apple for refund, end of!!

Modifiers don't help on bosses. It's raw attack.

cookies
11-08-2013, 06:28 AM
http://www.mrtech.com/photos/cache/jokes-and-more/despair-poster-apathy_h480.jpg

Gree customer support philosophy

Gothic Albino
11-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Geez, all you crybabies need to give it a rest.

At the end of the event, I counted all my loot and definitely noticed extra weapons. Those weapons were taken away, oh well, life goes on.

Instead of continuing this festival of butthurt, why don't you put down the game, walk outside and get some fresh air. That will help to clear your head so that you can have a proper word with yourself over how much you care about a phone app game.

sonic_empire
11-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Geez, all you crybabies need to give it a rest.

At the end of the event, I counted all my loot and definitely noticed extra weapons. Those weapons were taken away, oh well, life goes on.

Instead of continuing this festival of butthurt, why don't you put down the game, walk outside and get some fresh air. That will help to clear your head so that you can have a proper word with yourself over how much you care about a phone app game.

What if we play outside? smartphones are mobile..you know

CohibAA
11-08-2013, 07:59 AM
no problems if its unstickied, we will just bump it up

ibtl

:d

mistech
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
We Are A Top 25 Team That Got Our Streak Ended, Like Goodfellas Who Got Theirs Fixed, On 7 Of 10 On Last Elite level. Video Evidence that Shows We Double Killed Her In Damage But She Would Not Die. The Boss Then Escaped, Filed tickets And Killed Her 2 More Times In A Row Before End Of Event To Make Sure We Completed Goal.

No Response To Anyone From GREE And No Prize Yet! We Paid For The Vaults, Completed The Goals And A Glitch Caused Us Our Prize. Please Fix This and Award Us The Elite prize As Well As A Response To Tickets.

Thank You.
SOA

Sorry In Here And Not NeW Thread But Need To Post It A Few More Times First To Start One.

Plus Bump This one

Assault and Flattery
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Some people had extra items, we removed them, end of story.